Start by marking “All That Glitters (All That #1)” as Want to Read:
All That Glitters (All That #1)

All That Glitters

(All That #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  52 ratings  ·  24 reviews
A has-been country music star. A divorced dad from a small town. Almost a decade of bottled up passion...

Country-music star, Dory Walker, never wanted to come back to the small town of Sycamore Bay. But after her fairy-tale life is flipped upside down, and her marriage becomes a casualty, she has no choice.

Harris Malone is a man with few commitments. He keeps a low profile
Published May 22nd 2018 by Amazon Digital Services (first published June 1st 2017)

To ask other readers questions about All That Glitters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All That Glitters

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of All That Glitters (All That #1)
Coco.V
Dec 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (12/13/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Maureen
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: music, romance
When I first read the book description of ‘All That Glitters’ I immediately really wanted to read it. Not only do I love romance novels with a Hollywood/ celebrity kind of theme. I also love country music. This book just sounded great and I was so happy to receive a review copy.

In ‘All That Glitters’ we meet former celebrity Dory Walker. Dory used to be an upcoming country star until an technicality with the microphone ended her career. When she finally starts to believe her career can begin aga
Siobhan
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All That Glitters is such a sweet romance read. It’s one of those stories that grips you from the start, holding tight until the end, leaving you with all the mushy feelings.

Told from altering points of view, All That Glitters offers us both a second chance romance and a tale of finding yourself when your life has been turned upside down. It is rags to riches in reverse, with country music and a lovable child thrown into the mix to make for a wonderful read. Without a doubt, it’s a super adorabl
Linda Zagon
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review
If you are looking for an easy delightful and charming read, I would recommend “All That Glitters” by Tracy Krimmer. I received an ARC of this book for my honest review.
The genres of this book are Contemporary Romance, and Women’s Fiction.
The author describes the characters as flawed, and mostly likeable. After being in the lime light as a famous country singer, and married to a famous singer, Dory Walker, gets the shock of her life. During a live interview, she finds out that her husba
Renee
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favourites, read-2017
I loved this sweet small town romance. I'm not really into the "rock star romance" theme - I can't relate to all the fame and stardom but a country singer, fallen from grace, who crawled back home to the people she'd ditched on her way up - yep, loved it. And the single dad romance - swoon.
I think Stella, Dory's grandma, was my favourite character. She was down to earth and tough.
I can't wait to read the next book in the series and see where Dory goes from here.
I reviewed a complimentary copy.
Ashley Aponte
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. I'm a sucker for mushy, love stories. The characters were sweet, and I loved the back and forth between Dory and Harrison. I enjoyed reading both POVs, and am excited to read more of their story and see how their relationship progresses, and if/how Dory rekindles her career. This was a great book, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a mild romance, with a bit of drama.

#TheUnratedBookshelf
Kayla
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a feel good story about old flames being rekindled! The writing was smooth, which allowed the story to flow so easily. The story is told between two characters and I felt that the transitions were smooth with each chapter picking up where the prior chapter left off. Enjoyable read for the beach!

I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review.
Jaime
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this story and am looking forward to reading the sequels. The turmoil and then redemption between characters made for a very interesting read. The descriptions were so vivid that I could easily picture the characters and the scenery in my head.

I received an advance review copy of this book from the Great Thought's Ninja Review Team. All opinions are my own. :)
Tiffany Willams
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"We fit together. We were notes on a sheet of music meant to blend together."

This book had so many of my favorite things wrapped into one!

Single dad being the best he can be for his daughter....Yep!
A country singer trying to find herself again...Oh yeah!
A second-chance romance that leaves you swooning and wanting more...Yes, Please!!!

This book starts off with a bang, and you're immediately immersed into Dory's world.
She's no longer the huge star she once was, and even more than that, she's not e
Elizabeth Mathis

Harris Malone is a man with few commitments. He keeps a low profile most days while he cares for his young daughter and helps run his dad’s hardware store.

But when he and Dory run into each other at the local gas station, all either can think about is the searing kiss they shared many years ago.
Suzanne
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dory left Sycamore Bay as soon as she could get out and made her way to LA to be a country music star leaving behind her Grandma, her best friend Tammy, and her high school crush Harris. Seven years later, Dory’s life has just been turned upside down in a very public way and she has no choice but to go crawling back to her hometown left with nothing but her car. She soon discovers that her Grandma and Tammy are close friends now and neither is overly happy she is back. She also discovers that Ha ...more
Cassey
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goodness this was a tricky read, and as such it's a 2.5 read. I think this was the first instance of getting both central characters points of view, where it didn't serve the story well.

The first chapter has you starting with Dory, and you end the book with Harris. And as such for me it felt rather incomplete. This is Dory's story. Yes, Harris is part of it, but any growth and change in him was minor. Especially, when compared to just what Dory was dealing with.

Part of the two of them getting to
Shelly Wygant
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dory is a country music star that is dealing with some issues that bring her career down. When she is down on her luck and broke she returns to Sycamore Bay, the small town she grew up in. Harris is content with living in Sycamore Bay. Dory was the one who got away but his life is on track. When he sees Dory he can't believe his eyes. This is their story as the navigate their feelings for each other.

You will feel for Dory after all that has happened to her. This story is about so much more that
Zilpha Owens
It's always a privilege to receive an ARC from an author. I truly appreciate the opportunity to read their work. So it really bothers me to have to rate this at only 2 stars. The story itself had potential. Has-been, recently divorced country music star goes home to second chances with the guy, family and friends she left behind. I just couldn't connect with the characters. The dual POVs, that I usually love, didn't work. The end of the story fell flat and didn't seem to have real resolution. No ...more
Ellen White
Apr 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
A story that is told by a chapter of each, giving us more into their lives. She was a country singer, with a husband the fans swooned over, didn’t matter that she was on his arm, The glitter the fame and he wanted a divorce,
With nothing she goes home,where she meets a man from her past, He is a single dad with a daughter. They both are divorce, needing healing and in time maybe more. A good story of second chance and what is important in their lives.
Ursula
May 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story about Desiree (Dory) Booth and her dramatic fall from fame right on TV. As she stumbles back to her hometown with just about nothing, she realizes that during the years she has been gone, she has alienated everyone back home by not keeping in contact. What follows is Dory's struggles and triumphs to succeed in a world where she is not a famous country singer anymore. I enjoyed this book and the characters and look forward to book #2. ...more
MGB
Jun 28, 2021 rated it it was ok
Remember those high school days? The insecurities, the cliques, the frustrations? What if they still existed as you aged? What if you mixed those with rags to riches to rags? Throw in some unrequited love.

You'd get this story. The flow shifts back and forth between these different storylines as the author weaves this tale.
SANDYE
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heartwarming

I laughed, I cried a little, I got mad a little, and I almost feel like I'm on the sidelines cheering for the main players in this story!! A romance that has great character development, romance, New beginnings, hope, and most importantly unconditional love!
Amy
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately this book confused me. I couldn't find any character development especially between Dory and the daughter. They were close? I had high hopes due to the story line. I read a review that said it was fun and funny.... I didn't find that, at all. ...more
Trina
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this storyline. I am not a big romance reader but this book had just the right amount of romance and drama that kept me intrigued. Great summer read!
Kris Mariela
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very cute story. Loved it.,💕
Angela
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was ok
I could not like the heroine. She was selfish, childish, entitled and I just didn't like her. She didn't really redeem herself through out the book. ...more
Stephanie Mason
Debbie Moore
Nov 04, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: Please Update Cover 4 19 May 22, 2018 11:52AM

• Girl Meets Billionaire
  • Royal Catch (The Rourkes, #1)
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Her Mule Hollow Cowboy (New Horizon Ranch: Mule Hollow, #1)
  • Holding Out For a Hero
  • A Fresh Start In Holly Blue Bay (A Holly Blue Bay Romance, #1)
  • Love at Last (Love in the Vineyards, #1)
  • The Teacher's Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #1)
  • From This Moment On (Windswept Bay, #1)
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • With This Ring (Windswept Bay, #6)
  • Fake Marriage to Her Best Friend (Uptown Brides #1)
  • A French Girl in New York (The French Girl #1)
  • Alf the Workshop Dog (Once Upon a NOW, #1)
  • The Play (Brit Boys Sports, #1)
  • Play Me (Brit Boys Sports, #4)
  • A Modern Cinderella
  • Red & Snowy Peaks : A Christian Suspense Collection
Tracy Krimmer loves coffee, naps, and Drew Barrymore. She recently learned she's only two degrees of separation from Drew and that made her year. She loves everything 80s and 90s and is not a boomer despite what the younger kids say. Her favorite phrase is, "That'd be great, thanks" or "Can you not?" She also thinks she's hilarious, but someone has to, right?

You can find her on the following socia

All That (3 books)
  • All That Doesn't (All That #2)
  • All That Matters (All That #3)