Start by marking “Young Enough (The Age Between Us, #2)” as Want to Read:
Young Enough (The Age Between Us, #2)

Young Enough

(The Age Between Us #2)

I thought I’d lost everything. My life was in tatters when a man half my age broke into my property and invaded my future. Our love is forbidden, but I’m single and he’s all the taboo I crave. For once in my life, why not? But what if I start wanting more than a fleeting love affair? What if his secrets will destroy me? I had no idea how much more I was about to lose.

Published August 28th 2018 (first published August 14th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Young Enough, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Enough

Start your review of Young Enough (The Age Between Us, #2)
Deborah
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5*

I’ve just finished this book and I’m exhausted. It was never going to be an easy read. This author doesn’t do easy.

After Old Enough (which has to be read first) I felt I had it all figured out. I was wrong, so so wrong.

The more we read the more we learn about both Jane and Brian.

Jane has been through hell and it seems that everyone in her life has betrayed or abused her in one way or another at some point. And her suffering is not over, not by a long shot.

I was irritated and surprised that
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
33308220_1795033493882316_893330554500415488_n

4 Stars
Arc Book Review
Release Date-28/8/18

So this was the second instalment in The Age between us duo, and though I didn't rate it quite as high as part 1 this was still a really worthy addition to this great series.
In "Young Enough" We catch up with our lovers Brian and Jane after the events of the previous instalment and just as I predicted previously things went to hell in a handbasket like dramatically.
Everything that could go wrong here did, this was so bloody angsty.
I started this with a
Mindy Lou's Book Review
One thing I learned from this book is that apparently I am bloodthirsty and that Jane is a better woman than I am. I knew Jane and Brian's journey was not going to be easy but I had no clue the amount of pain Jane would suffer for her chance at happiness.

How much can one woman take until she breaks? That's still the question because Jane proved to be much stronger than I gave her credit for in the first book. She is one of the most honest, giving heroines I have ever read. She truly only wanted
Sophia Triad
So, I honestly do not know how to rate this book. The writing is superb as everything I have read by this author, but I had really so many issues with the main female character that I was basically fuming while I was reading.

*Spoilers and ranting ahead*

I suppose I am about the same age as Jane and I think that now I am old enough not to take any sh!t by anyone
i.e. I would probably be thirsty for blood
-if my husband who I also used to consider my closest friend treated me like used goods, throw
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Super sexy, dark and erotic, yet a fabulous love story. 4.5 stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This book left me with a multiple multitude of feelings. Not only did Paul’s bring us a amazing HEA but the road to get there was rocky.

The path we had to travel with Jane and Brian had so many ups and downs and twists and turns, it was hard not to get caught up in the book.

I had a tough day when I first started reading it I really wasn’t into reading but I knew I had to get it done. But then the
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 's

This is the conclusion to Brian and Jane's story and it's a doozy. I cannot believe what all they get put through and it's just so continuous and consuming!

It was hard to be put through all that but it makes you want to keep reading...hoping for something good to come out of it.

Obviously, I don't want to spoil the story but I will say - be prepared to have lots of reading time and be prepared to not have everything perfect. You're in for a wild ride.
Carvanz
Oh my gawd the drama! Drama, drama, drama! And I loved every moment of it!

While Old Enough sets up the relationship between Brian and Jane, showcasing their dreams, desires and struggles, this book explodes with all the repercussions of their decisions and actions. Jane’s life implodes from not only her current situation but from her past and she is helpless to stop it. Brian is faced with dealing from the fall out of living in the wrong neighborhood and being in the sights of the wrong people.
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
4 stars. I was very correct in my review of the first book that this book would be where shit goes down. And woo boy did shit go down. Everything was fine and then like 50% in all of the drama you could ever imagine happens and I thought my heart was going to give out from all of the anxiety this was giving me. It was great.

You get your happily ever after but dammit you have to work for it. Pauls makes sure to put Brian and Jane through the ringer before they get to finally be happy and at peace
French Press Bookworm Blog
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lori
*** Be warned, this book is red-hot and you will not be able to put it down! *** Young Enough is the second book in The Age Between Us duet. If you have not read Old Enough, the first book in this duet, you will be a little lost. I recommend you go back and read the first book. I really loved the first book in this series and didn't think that I could possibly like this book more….Oh my was I wrong. I absolutely loved this book. If I could give it more than five stars, I would. Young Enough is ...more
Sara
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness. This book had absolutely everything! I really thought that this second book would just be a simple HEA, a simple conclusion to Jane and Brian's loves story..... boy was I wrong. There is so much emotion and story builds and builds in such an amazing way that I could not put it down. I could not get enough of Jane and Brian. I love how all of the elements of the story all came together. I could not put this book down! I read the whole thing in just about 4 hours! 5 stars for "The ...more
Nara
Bitter beginning with (unfortunately) plain ending.

Too many problems with too tight-chested plot. The hero was outstanding character. Still. The heroine, unfortunately, still lame and still weak to the very end which is too bad.

With so many problems in there, I have to ask the author, do you actually hate your main character so much? because, come on, with all the problems and weak solution like that, it was some kind of downfall if I may say.

I was some kind like hoping that with so so many
Dirty Dayna
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 But I don’t know better Stars
Our main character still suffers from very low self-esteem and is trampled on dramatically in this book and she just rolls over and takes it. This book really makes you ensure you hate her daughter Abby and if it was my daughter she would be getting some spankings and sent to reform school. This book was FILLED with plot twists so much so it gave me a bit of whiplash. I don’t think I need the amount of twists that was given. I think the final plot twist was a
Auntee
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: erotic romance fans
This is the sequel to Old Enough (The Age Between Us) about 19 year old Brian and 42 year old Jane and their 'taboo' love story.

God, so much happens in this one. Sooo much drama and angst you'll wonder if Brian and Jane could possibly make it together. But you'll be rooting for them against all the odds.

I absolutely enjoyed every minute of reading it and was hoping it could go on for another 50+ pages.

One of my favorite stories of 2018.

Thank you to the publisher for providing an arc via
Buffyanna
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Beautifully painful and painfully beautiful!

To recap, Young Enough is Book 2 of a love duet between a forty-two year old divorcée who is struggling to restructure her life after the loss of her marriage and a nineteen year old university student who pursues her relentlessly while simultaneously working to support his alcoholic mother and his younger sister. Jane and Brian are explosive together! But it takes a lot for Brian to convince Jane to look past the multitude of obstacles, towards seeing
Ana (thestarslisten)
*ARC generously provided by the author’s publicist via Bookfunnel in exchange for an honest review.*

Heartbreaking, romantic, and hopeful.

SPOILER FREE

Blogger’s Note: If you haven’t read old enough yet, then I suggest you not read this review because it might spoil things for you.

Our love drowned. It wasn’t strong enough to withstand the onslaught of my lies. My deceit.

P L O T

I’ve said it before, people have heard it before, and I will say it again until the entire world hears it too. Age is
Laura Lee
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Young Enough (The Age Between Us Book 2)
By: Charmaine Pauls
4 Stars

With the ending of Old Enough (The Age Between Us Book 1), I couldn’t imagine how this book would play out and end with everyone happy!! Charmaine Pauls definitely made us go on one heck of a roller-coaster ride to get to the end of this book!!!

Just when you thought you were free falling into happiness bliss, poor Jane gets knocked around and twisted thru each and every turn of this roller-coaster ride.

Friends
Job
Photo’s
Video
Ex
Izzie d
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, age-difference
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Jane and Brian go through hell in their conclusion. I honestly am not sure how they made it through because so much is thrown at them!

I liked their conclusion, but I have to admit I was a tad dissatisfied because in the end, Jane did not make Brian grovel nearly enough for his second chance. Aside from that, though, I loved Young Enough. It's fast paced, well-written, and Jane and Brian are both such strong, deeply layered and substantial characters that I couldn't help but fall in love with
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Young Enough is book Two in the The Age Between Us by Charmaine Pauls. This continues the story of Brian and Jane. I do strongly feel you should read the previous book 'Old Enough' before reading this one. f
Jane has suffered through so much. Jane was a strong women that did have weak moments as anyone would in her shoes. Although Brian was young in physical age he was a older sole who had to fight to get what he wanted. For so much of their difference there so much that they were as one.
Really
MsMoxy
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Young Enough

Instinctively, we dance in tune. We’re two of a kind. Soulmates. Born at the wrong time.”

Young Enough is the concluding story of Jane and Brian’s taboo love affair in The Age Between Us duet. Old Enough left readers in angst with a mysterious Fortune Teller Reading that foretold Jane betrayed by her new found love. The prophesy is rather accurate, Jane has serious bad luck in love. You feel this with every turn of the page, and Jane’s desperation to keep whatever
Jessica Alcazar
Again .. perfection for me. This duet is one of my top reads for 2018. The story was super sexy and erotic but it was also more than just a romance journey. It was a growth journey and Charmaine Pauls executed it perfectly! Well done.
Rhiannon Hart
Aug 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Unfortunately, so many things bothered me with this second installment from Charmaine Pauls.

******WARNING SPOILERS******

The sex was graphic, more than the first book, but for some reason, it didn’t sit right with me. It felt borderline abusive. Brian pounds Jane so hard it hurts, leaving handprints from spankings, bite marks, wrist burns, etc. At one point he performs rough anal sex and then magically finds a tube of vaginal antiseptic cream to use on her. He handcuffs her to the wall in his
Becky Rendon
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can't even tell you how much this book will age you. The stress, strain, and crazed situations will give you grey hairs and possibly a heart condition.

Young Enough gives you hope but man do you have to hold on with both hands kicking and screaming. Charmaine Pauls does not, I repeat does not, take it easy on the reader. This isn't a slightly bumpy road this is a freaking volcano dumped in the middle of your backyard. It's rough and you can't run from it. You will be burned. Your only saving
Amy Vida
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never been so grateful to receive a free copy of a book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a two book series that needs to be read in sequence. I thought the first book was great, but I was frustrated that I had to wait for the sequel.

Hiwever it was worth the wait. The plot was fantastic, and I am going on three hours of sleep, because I just couldn't put the book down. There were several plot twists that were clevery introduced.

I seriously can't say enough good things about this
Waleska 'Wally'
Page turning and riveting

Young Enough it's book 2 of The Age Between Us duet . And if you thought book 1 was a memorable, compelling , passionate and thought provoking read as I do , book 2 is even better; it blew me away.

I don't have words to accurately describe the profound beauty, originality and brilliance of this story and the emotions that it provokes.

Reading this book reminded me why I read Romance novels.
poppy
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ng
This is the second book and needs to be read after the first one. I read and enjoyed book one so I was looking forward to this one and damn it was even better than the first one. Brian and Jane just can't seem to catch a break and this book sees their relationship being tested time and time again. You don't want to miss this series it is a super taboo romance
Yvonne
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
I was eagerly waiting for this one, but if I thought the first book had too much drama this was nuts.
I'm having a bad run of luck lately, maybe I need an extended break from this genre.
Twilla Wickedly Sweet and Synful Book Blog
Ye Gods! I just feel mentally rung out. Why so many bad things seem to happen to this couple? ALL AT ONE TIME. One hit after another on every level. Abby is a crappy kid. She has no care for her mother. Thank god for Dorothy. Jane was a pushover she never stood up for herself. I feel like I’m saying the same exact thing I said about book 1. This was a fantastic HEA. I was filled with angst but I couldn’t put it down. Several things were done in the background, not satisfying. This book was hella ...more
Paige Turner
Aug 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
I'm definitely the minority in liking this duet. I love an age gap May-December romance and while this certainly filled as an age gap (23 year differnce) it contained more pain and tragedy then romance.
Jane was sweet but somewhat of a push over. She was beaten , cheated on, fired from her job, drugged, rapped, she had horrible friends, an horrible ex-husband and dare I say daughter. This woman endured so much tragedy in her life I truly don't know how she got out of bed in the morning.

Brian
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Sinful (Sinful Surrender Quartet, #1)
  • The Krinar Exposé
  • The Glue
  • Before You
  • Submission Games (Games, #2)
  • Misadventures in Blue
  • Moonlight & Whiskey
  • Foxy In Lingerie (Lingerie #10)
  • Layla's Chance
  • Krinar Solace
  • Hate Crush
  • Hanged (Savage Men, #5)
  • Lawn Boys
  • Brock (Four Sons, #3)
  • Medicine Man
  • Claiming My Sweet Captive (Captive series #1.5)
  • Let's Talk About Sext (Let's Talk About Sext, #1)
Charmaine Pauls was born in Bloemfontein, South Africa. She obtained a degree in Communication at the University of Potchestroom, and followed a diverse career path in journalism, public relations, advertising, communications, photography, graphic design, and brand marketing. Her writing has always been an integral part of her professions.

After relocating to Chile with her French husband, she

The Age Between Us (2 books)
  • Old Enough (The Age Between Us, #1)