Start by marking “The Downside of Love (Blue Line Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Downside of Love (Blue Line Duet, #2)

The Downside of Love

(Blue Line #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  2,166 Ratings  ·  491 Reviews
This isn’t a story about a love triangle. There is no triangle involved.
This isn’t a story about an accidental pregnancy. Although having a baby with her . . . I would.
This isn’t a story about lies and deception, even though at times I’ve lied to myself.

No, this is my story.

A story about sacrifice.
A story about a man who fell in love with the wrong girl.
A story I wish
Published June 21st 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about The Downside of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Downside of Love

Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
**Available Now**

Here’s the thing, I absolutely adore this author, love her writing, so going into this second book of this duet, I was nervous, so nervous on how and what this book would bring me. I questioned “do I even want to know what happens” after the way book one ended, my heart was on the edge of falling and breaking. I fell in love with Colby in book 1 so how it ended, I was wrecked. So book 2, here we go....

I’m going to try and keep this spoil free so my review will be vague as possi
*****FIVE++++++++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I’m unequivocally head over heels in love with Meghan Quinn’s writing! I enjoyed the first book but even when I finished it, I was thinking I tend to love her romantic comedies so much more because I get her sense of humor, BUT, I will admit I was so wrong!! THE DOWNSIDE OF
Berit☀️✨
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, blog-tour
5Emotional Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Meghan Quinn what an emotional journey you have taken me on with this duology... The first book is an absolute must before you read this one.... in my review of the first book I compared the book to a plane flight that landed you in the wrong destination.... now this book starts with you at that incorrect destination... at first all you can think is... this is not where I want to be! But then you take a closer look and you see this location is different but beautiful as wel
Meghan Quinn
Jun 28, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
☆☆ THE BLUE LINE DUET IS COMPLETE☆☆

☆☆READ NOW☆☆
Amazon US: http://a.co/e69fHyq
Amazon UK: http://amzn.eu/cL6HusD
Amazon CA: http://a.co/5arZ98k
Amazon AU: https://amzn.to/2KADU32

☆☆BINGE READ IN KINDLE UNLIMITED☆☆

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Thought I loved book 1, then I got to book 2 and realized it's so much better. So, naturally, I'm very happy with the outcome of the story. But even if I wasn't, it's about the journey. And, hey, fictional characters. :D
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: July 5, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 5+ stars

Highly Recommended

The Downside of Love is a rare and phenomenal romance with a true portrayal of the human heart. Meghan Quinn pens an excellent and emotional read. I thought I knew what I wanted, I thought I new what I needed. But Quinn throws us a delicious curve ball and shows us what is really meant to be.

This is going to be a short and sweet review because anything I say about the story has a potential to
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
The Downside of Love (Blue Line Duet #2) by Meghan Quinn
2 stars!!!

(view spoiler)
JP
Jul 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful duet, awful characters

This author has been hit and miss for me lately but this is definitely the most terrible story I have read. This review isn't a reflection of the author as a person but of this story and I am going to give you the spoiler everyone else wants to avoid because I believe if you pay for your books it will make a difference . This is Strder and Rory's story and it's just ugly. Rory is ugly, shes just an awful character that there is no redemption for in my mind. Basically
Olga therebelreader
This book was a disappointment for me. The first book was a 5 star read but the way the story progressed in the second book left me with feelings of frustration, anger, confusion. I'm giving the plot a 0-star rating....and a 2-star general rating just because I was curious enough to see how the story ended and I made it to the last page...

In short:
Hero 3/5 | Heroine 2/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 0/5 | Writing Style 4/5 | Steam 2/5 | Romance 3/5 | Angst-Suspense 3/5 | Darkness 1/5 | Humor 0/5 |
Dali
With The Downside of Love Meghan Quinn finishes off her heartrending Blue Line duet.

In The Upside of Falling we were left with a distraught Colby who upon coming home to bury his Gramps is witness to a sight that crushes him further. The Downside of Love fills the gaps between the time Colby left for flight school and when he comes back.

It is impossible to write a review describing more about it without giving it away. It is meant for the reader to experience all the emotions it evokes firsthan
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
Well! Everything is right in the world again. I’m crying happy tears. As you know The Downside of Love is the second part of a duet. I’ll be honest at the end of book one The Upside of Falling I was heart-broken. I could not wait to dive into the second book because I was dying to know what happened to the lives of Rory, Ryan, Colby and his best friend Stryder. At the same time, it took me a bit of courage to continue because I was afraid I might harbor bad feelings for one or two of these chara ...more
Jessica
Jul 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not what i was expecting

Did not like the plot. Lost total respect for the characters. It just seemed like they used the guy. Played him. Total sleeze thing to do. The girl, such a shallow character in the end. I saw that they tried to give her credibility in her struggle but, she still lied about her feelings and made choices that weren't hes to make. I felt the main character could have been just fine on his own without that nonsense, would have ended up in the same place but much happier. Not
Jemima
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS
PSX_20180729_180959

Title: The Downside Of Love (Blue Line Duet #2)
Author: Meghan Quinn
Genre: Romance

ARC

I feel manipulated. I feel confused. I feel angry. I feel distraught. Too many feeling for one so young hahahaha

The Upside of love (Blue Line Duet #1) left me distraught and hopeful that the end was just one big misunderstanding or something…anything! See? confused!

The downside of Love… well, I am honestly torn. On one hand, I am uncertain but understanding while on the other I was hoping for a second chance be
Saunders
******Spoilers Ahead******

Got to 89% (chapter 27) and I couldn't go on so its a DNF.

I disliked the female character so much. I didn't get how she pursued Colby to the extent she did in book 1. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable. She fell "deeply in love with him" and then ended up where she is in book 2 with Stryder.

"Brothers" don't betray each other and I honestly could not feel or got the point of this love triangle.

Her comparisons to the two men were nonsensical. Bit like peeling an oni
Irene
5 stars

So many feels, what an emotional roller coaster The Downside of Love by Meghan Quinn turned out to be. I truly could not put this book down.

It's hard to review a book without mentioning names and giving anything away, so I'm just going to keep it short and share how this book and duet made me feel.

When I started The Downside of Love it felt like someone punched me in the stomach, the feelings of confusion and hurt took over and I wasn't sure if I could keep reading with an open mind.
BUT
Jill M
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gah… Meghan is a pure genius. After that cliffhanger and the book hangover from hell, Meghan wrote this beautiful, amazing story.

If like most of us you were left breathless at the end of book 1. You will get all your answers and so much more with book 2. It will be worth all the sleepless nights, heart palpitations and anxiety waiting for this book.

I can’t say much without giving anything away and that would be wrong to Meghan’s loyal readers. But I will say that never have two books moved me mo
Jeannine
Omg I just devoured this book. It pretty much just consumed my life. When this hit my kindle last night, I stopped my current read and I had to dive right in. This story was absolutely beautiful and brilliant. I hands down love this book more than the first. I’m not really an emotional person (cause emotions are ew) but they were all over the place with this one. See that blob over there? That’s my cold dead heart that was ripped out of my body and thrown on the floor. God, this story is so g-da ...more
Tiffany
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I went into this book nervous. I knew I was gonna struggle and I did. I still loved the emotion behind the characters as well as the dynamic between them. Its a great story about all the ups, downs and in betweens of love. It left me raw and really emotional.
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, favorites
NO SPOILERS!

The Downside of Love was absolutely BRILLIANT! It was an incredibly unique, sexy, emotional, and beautiful conclusion to the Blue Line Duet, and I absolutely loved it with all of my heart and soul! The storyline and characters were phenomenal, and Meghan Quinn completely blew me away with her extraordinary talent and writing style. The Downside of Love is the perfect example of why I love Meghan Quinn and her amazing books so much. Not only can she write hot and hilarious romantic co
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 no 5 no 4 CROWNS

I have been wavering with my rating for this book so I’m going to choose not to rate IT because I want to give it all the stars and then there are also things that make me so angry that I want to tear it apart and throw my kindle across the room. No matter how angry I am at certain characters it is a beautifully tragic romance that doesn’t show readers the idealized romance novel love but the real world, hard love.

This is continuation of book on
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
4.5 Stars

I wasn't sure I was going to recover after the end of book 1 and I was very skeptical that I would enjoy this one. Meghan Quinn thankfully proved me wrong and somehow twisted this story to have the ending I never realized I even wanted. This one is super emotional and pulled on my heart strings. Absolutely loved it!
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it

I received this book for free from Author in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

When I read the first part of this duet, something was off to me.  Some people said that they thought I would enjoy the second one more. :)  Well, I'm here to tell you that's exactly what happened.  And this will be a hard review to do without spoiling it so I'll probably keep it short.

Have you ever felt like there was something keeping you from ful
Wendy'sThoughts
May 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Recommends it for: Meghan Quinn Fans, Romance
5/23/2018
Well, Doesn't Ms. Quinn think she is sly...
And Savvy...
And Mysterious...

Per Ms. Quinn...
"Oh nooooo . . . you don't get the blurb on this one just yet!"

Well, be that way... it won't stop me from watching this space for ...

The Downside of Love-July 5th 2018

For more Reviews, Free E-books and Giveaways

Ari
Jul 01, 2018 added it
I don’t think I’ve ever been so emotionally fucked by a book in my bookworm life before.

I don’t even know how to rate this.

I don’t even know if I want to review it.

Gahhhhhh. 😩
Heather C
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

"The downside of love is heartache and uncertainty, but the upside of falling is finding an everlasting love that will carry you through a lifetime of happiness."

First and foremost, you CANNOT read The Downside of Love without having read The Upside of Falling. If you haven't read that, stop right now and go read it. This review could be a potential spoiler and you would be lost if you started here.

This book. This story. It's everything. It ripped me apart only to put me back together better th
Courtney
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is probably going to be the most vague and non-spoiler review I have ever written.

You MUST read the Upside of Falling before reading this one. And then once you do, you will immediately want to read this one so you can try and patch up your heart. And well, there will be ALOT of patches after this one.

As I said to Meghan and others, this book left me in a puddle of emotions. I hated and loved everything I read. I hated and loved these characters simultaneously. And yes that is possible.

The
Cristal Jatip
I bailed after skimming chapters and I just wanted to know if the ending to book 1 was a misunderstanding. I couldn’t do it. Rory annoys me. Like you just professed your love for another guy and made him follows his dream (which is really selfless of her) but are starting to check out his bf’s bulge and six pack? What the hell is that?!

I got to chapter 15 and started wonder what the hell is so special about Rory? Why are these guys willing to throw their dreams away for her? Ugh spare me with t
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

This review was so hard to write. For days, after I finished this final installment of the duet, I was lost in my thoughts processing it all and basking ALL THE FEELS. Admittedly, I did not expect how Meghan Quinn took me to this ride as she was brave enough to lead me to this path I knew so well, until I realized I didn't. When I opened the book, I closed it again thinking I read the wrong one. Boy how I read the right book indeed. And I am floored. Floored to Meghan Quinn's bravery. Floored
Bibliophile  Chloe
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2018
Is any decision the right one?  This is the question that kept running through my head as I was reading this.

The Downside of Love is the epic conclusion to the  Blue Line duet.

I am still processing my feelings. I ran the gamut when reading.  I was sad, I was angry, I was happy.

This story hit so many personal things with me, which in turn made me love and hate this all the more....

The locations: I lived in Colorado Springs for 12 years and I could picture the places and been to quite a few o
Like me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/meghanquinna...

When I was in high school I occasionally read books but was consumed by other teenage things so I didn't take the time to appreciate a good book on a cloudy day, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. It wasn't until I received a Kindle for Christmas one year that my world completely flipped upside down. When looking for books I came across the

Blue Line (2 books)
  • The Upside of Falling (The Blue Line Duet, #1)