Start by marking “Endless Hunger” as Want to Read:
Endless Hunger

Endless Hunger

The new world is full of wireless technologies, medical marvels, and advanced security.

It's 2133, and Earth has rebuilt after a global catastrophe.

Megacities, wireless tech, and augmented humans are all commonplace. What isn't common, is Kraft. Kraft sees monsters. This tends to get him in trouble, especially when the rest of the world doesn't believe they exist. For Kraft
ebook
Published June 11th 2018 by EDGE Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Endless Hunger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Endless Hunger

All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

It’s hard to do your job when you don’t have the full picture, and it’s hard to fix a computer when there’s a demon-virus in it. It’s a good thing Kraft isn’t one to back down easily. He’s seen some shit; he is a Seer afterall, someone able to see the Dark magic in our world.

I really enjoyed the mythology of this post-apocalypse New Montreal. It’s busy, high tech and shiny, but if you go out of the “safe” zones, the after effects of war are evident - co
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kevin Weir's Endless Hunger is a great first novel! With its blend of mystery, sci-fi, and fantasy, there is something in it for most fans of genre fiction. Set in Canada's future in the city of New Montreal, it tells the story of Kraft, a man who has become something of a private eye out of a lack of other options - he's a highly skilled specialist in tech, but he's been alienated from all legitimate forms of employment due to his less-than-legal practices. Oh yeah, and he can see magical being ...more
Jeremy
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Endless hunger has an ambitious concept to deliver upon. It has magic, future technology, mystery, romance, adventure and stylistically sits closest to the Neo-noir genre. It's surprising, but the story and its protagonist Kraft are at their best when more than a couple of these elements are present. Both for a series and as an entry into the Noir genre it is a great first step, that introduces enough each chapter, even if you've guessed the big reveal, as I did, keeps the reader interested in w
Chris Patrick Carolan
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've read a number of Kevin Weir's short stories in the past, and have always enjoyed his work, so I was rather excited when I heard the announcement of his first novel. Well, friends... ENDLESS HUNGER does not disappoint! The book is a handy mix of the cyberpunk, urban fantasy, and mystery genres and Weir handles all elements not just capably, but with a seamless flourish, and the setting of New Montreal is unique yet familiar enough to keep the reader engaged. The story chugs along at a good c ...more
Brittany McEachern
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kevin Weir paints the gritty reality of a dystopian New Montreal. He seamlessly blends Science Fiction and Fantasy into a world filled with high tech inventions and old world fantasy.

It's a unique reading experience to see old world fantasy characters such as ogres and fairies interact with the rough and tough high tech hacker protagonist Kraft. He is the type of guy who takes no prisoners, but still has that hidden sweet spot for a certain “Scoundrel”.

It is easy to lose yourself in this novel
Elizabeth Whitton
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a real Dresden Files fan, but Butcher hasn't written another book in the series for a while. I kept thinking, someone should write stuff like that and then I picked up this book. Not saying Endless Hunger is a knockoff at all, but it does satisfy that craving.
This book is a genre mashup of cyberpunk/dystopian/paranomal fantasy. Think Dresden files meets Blade Runner meets Company Town. SUPER COOL. The hero is likable and there is plenty of humor. A fast, fun read.
Some things could be improv
Carleigh
Shelves: fantasy
“Daniels, never underestimate the joys of a normal job.” If only I could forget about all the supernatural madness I have to deal with.”

The only problem is, Kraft has anything but a normal job, or a normal life for that matter. Technology and fantasy meld together in the detailed future world of New Montreal. Kraft the main character bridges the two worlds, in a book that is seriously hard to put down. If you are looking for a new futuristic sci fi fantasy novel this should fill the void you di
Sue
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kevin Weir has seamlessly merged science fiction, fantasy and mystery into a new genre that instantly grabs the reader and refuses to let go.

Endless Hunger is set in New Montreal in 2133, which is intriguing in and of itself. Add to that the main character, Kraft, who is coerced into working on a corporate computer system with unpredictable results. This edgy work drives Kraft forward into a series of exhilirating adventures. Readers are whisked along for the wild ride.

I highly recommend Endles
Stephanie Crosby
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Endless Hunger takes a very plausible human future and mixes it with the fantastical world of folklore and fae. Mr. Weir has done a beautiful job at marrying science fiction and fantasy in a way that makes you want to question once more if magic could indeed be real, and hiding under our noses. If you love fantasy, action, futuristic cities, and the analytical thinking of a roguish detective, then this book is for you! Two very happy thumbs up for a story that made this mother, with very little ...more
Shelley
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It has been awhile since I have read any urban fantasy books but I am glad I read this one. It works for fans of Jim Butcher and Kim Harrison. I like my main characters with a bit of snark to them and Kraft has that. I am not looking for a superhero but for a relatable protagonist like Kraft. The secondary characters are interesting and have room to develop in the series. I would be interested to see where Kraft and his friends/frenemies go next.
Philip Vernon
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ENDLESS HUNGER by Kevin Weir is a rocket-fueled tale with tremendous crossover appeal to avid readers of both science fiction and fantasy – given they enjoy the atmospheric grit of a dystopian “New Montreal”.

I highly recommend this book for the escapist at heart, and I’m looking forward to reading more – including future works featuring the protagonist, Kraft – from a terrific new author to watch.
Ember
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Endless Hunger starts off strong and doesn't let up. Weir does a great job of hooking you and keeping you engaged throughout the story, leaving you eager to find out what's going to happen next in this gritty, urban fantasy. It's an interesting world filled with engaging characters and I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent there.
Chris Marrs
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
An excellent cyber-punk meets urban fantasy debut novel by Kevin Weir. Its fast pace makes it a quick easy read. If you're looking for a summer book, I recommend Endless Hunger.
Dale
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A thorougly engaging book from start to finish. I enjoyed the characters and the plot, and the prose kept drawing me back in.
Erin
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you like fairies? Do you like cults? Do you like men in hats? This is the book for you!

Endless Hunger is Kevin Weir's first book and I'm left wanting to read so much more about the world of New Montreal. Isn't that the sign of a book that should be the first of a series? I need more Kraft and his gloves! (Rest assured, Endless Hunger is absolutely a stand alone story and endlessly engaging, I'm just needy and am already demanding more.) Great world, great ambiance, great characters.
S.A. Krishnan
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A book is a perfect blend of magic and science fiction and is a beautiful detective story.
Though it is set in a dystopian world in the future, at no point of time do we as readers feel something amiss.
The story moves seamlessly and is an absolute delight to read.
Alisha Marie
Jun 11, 2018
Philip Clarke
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nowadays futuristic stories are a dime a dozen, with many iterations falling through the cracks into obscured irrelevance. It's honestly rather difficult to delineate between the plethora of bland and all-together tired storytelling attempts, from those that can truly rise above the rest. If author Kevin Weir has anything to say about it however, he certainly has a horse in this particular sci-fi race.

Endless Hunger easily rises above the rest of its genre's decidedly tired ilk. Weir paints an i
KimStitch
"It was certainly interesting information, but did little to help me solve the problem. If anything, it made it more complex. Endless Hunger had been playing much longer than I had. It was like coming into a chess game with half the pieces already moved and the other half invisible. And the opponent had a gun."

Brill
Tara
Oct 30, 2018
Patti
Nov 03, 2018
Born in Winnipeg, but barely lived there, Kevin grew up moving across Canada. When he finally settled down in Calgary, he started getting the urge to tell stories. He started by writing stageplays, then for film and television, and now proudly writes "whatever's good."

He attended SAIT Polytechnic and the University of Calgary, both for film, which was where he wrote the AMPIA winning short film, M