Start by marking “Forged in Flood” as Want to Read:
Forged in Flood

Forged in Flood

From best-selling author Dahlia Donovan comes a new witty novel between three very different men. With drama, emotional turmoil, and hilarious banter, be prepared to be swept away in Dahlia’s British M/M/M romance.

When one drunken night forever scars three best friends, will they ever find a way to pick up the pieces?

Eaten up with guilt, Ivan Black spends ten years hiding
Published July 14th 2018 by Hot Tree Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Forged in Flood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forged in Flood

Start your review of Forged in Flood
Carra
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
M/M/M romance is something I always jump at the chance to read (I’m always intrigued by the dynamics of a relationship where there are more than two people), and stories set in the UK even more so. I’d enjoyed the books I’ve read in this author’s Sin Bin series, so once I read the synopsis for Forged in Flood of course it immediately went onto my TBR list.

The relationship between Ivan, Wes, and Rolly goes back a ways, back to their school days when they were the best of friends and everything wa
Debbie

I had the honour of beta reading this book, so I was gifted my copy of this book.

Ten years ago, a stupid mistake nearly cost 3 young men their lives. It left them all scarred in a multitude of ways. Ivan has shut himself off from everyone, working in his beloved forge, while Rolland and Wes have taken it upon themselves to educate the youth of today on the errors of drink driving. But Wes and Rolly have had enough of waiting for Ivan, their Viking to get over his self inflicted guilt. And they c
Kerry Fletcher
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a first read of this author for me. I love m/m and m/m/m even more.

This is a story of three friends who were involved in a drunken accident. Ivan was driving and blames himself. He can't stand to see his friends who were injured too because of the guilt he feels. He hides himself away and becomes a recluse at his family's Forge. Living alone and being mean to anyone who tries to get close to him.

Rolly and Wes remain friends and much more. The relationship they have is great but they alw
Lyndac
Actually a great book. Wish there was either more or a sequel.
Sandy S
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date July 14, 2018

Eaten up with guilt, Ivan Black spends ten years hiding from the world. He retreats to his family forge to wallow in misery. Alone. So lonely his heart aches with it.

Wesley Cook and Rolland Spence have been together since university. They struggle through the physical scars of the accident, building a life in the ruins of their dreams. The
Kimmers of Kimmers' Erotic Book Banter
British romance, ménage, hot men with foul mouths… sign me up! I’ve been tempted by Dahlia Donovan’s work for some time, and Forged in Flood is the first opportunity I’ve had to partake. Boy howdy, if this is any indication, I have to wonder what I’ve been missing.

Ten years ago, Ivan, Roland “Rolly” and Wes, the pride of their university, and rugby stars in the making, lost it all in the blink of an eye. Guilt over that drunken night has found Ivan secluding himself in his family run smithy ever
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Jan 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
FORGED IN FLOOD is a standalone novel that is also a crossover (sort of) as it features Sarah and Remi from The Sin Bin series.

Ivan, Wes, and Rolly were all involved in a drunk-driving accident that left them all with permanent problems and scars. Ivan was the one driving, and can't forgive himself for what he did to his friends and lovers. It doesn't help the situation when his problems are exacerbated by his temper, one he inherited from his father. When the rains pour down in Boscastle, they
Ayla
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shorts, that-sass, arc

This is probably one of my favorite short stories I have ever read. There is basically continuous banter and sass and arguments but it is in the best possible way. I did not feel like anything was forced like I usually do in short stories. The characters all knew each other before the book so I think that helped in the relationship being formed authentically.

All three of the MCs, Ivan, Wes, and Rolly are stubborn in different ways. Ivan is broody af and grumpy and an a-hole. Wes is st
Michaelene
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Forged in Flood is my first book by Dahlia Donovan. I enjoy reading m/m/m, and it had the added benefit of a grumpy hero which always makes me one click. This one was just okay for me.

While there are three characters in this book, this definitely felt like Ivan's story. These three men have been friends for a long time when a drunken accident tears them apart. They get to reconnect here, and Ivan has to confront his guilt and deal with his well-meaning family.

Forged in Flood managed to be hilari
R
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, m-m-m

Ivan has shut himself off from the world for ten years, after a drunk driving car accident caused him and the two most important men in his life serious injuries. Ruining their hopes for the future. The blame rested solely with him and he couldn't face his guilt. He spent all those years at his forge. Being a blacksmith saved his sanity but it was a lonely existence.

When Rolly and Wes got tired of waiting for Ivan to come to his senses and come back to them, they went to him. In the middle of a
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 3 / 5
How explicit is the sex scenes 3 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

Forged in Flood is an MMM second chance romance written by Dahlia Donovan. After an accident in college, Ivan leaves his best friends and moves back to Boscastle, where his family is from. The story begins about 10 years after the accident when Rolly and Wes, drive up to convince Ivan to talk to them. Of course, it’s raining so hard, there is flooding. This results in the three men being trapped together at the Forge
Amy Mccann
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Christina Concus  (Midnight Reads)
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
Ivan has been torturing himself for something that happened years ago. Now he has some issues that he struggles with daily and is also trying his hardest to keep his temper and his families blacksmith open.

Wes and Rolly have been in a relationship for years. However, they both know something/someone is missing to complete their love. They also have issues from the accident that Ivan is still struggling with however, they have overcome their issues. How and will they be able to convince Ivan that
Suze
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this. I didn’t find the ‘hilarious banter’ the blurb promised. There was banter a plenty but mostly I found it based on anger.
Ivan’s anger is the main theme to me - whether it is about historic acts, his father, his head, the situation, it is his anger that drives all other characters. And his acceptance and desire to change, as well as get help, that drives the story.
We are told of the the history the three had and the accident that changed everything, these are facts given. We get ve
Lisa
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ivan is on a self-imposed pity party after an accident changed his, Wes and Rolly's lives forever. The blacksmith focuses on work and avoids company so he can keep his tempter in check. Wes and Rolly have left him sulk for long enough and are now back to claim their man.

There is the trademark Dahlia Donovan banter these characters that brought a smile as always. The British wit and charm made me feel very much at home. I didn't as though we got a conclusion to Ivan's situation but he did get his
Melanie
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words review

For the full review, visit https://wp.me/p220KL-emf

From that review: " I've long been a fan of the novels of Dahlia Donovan, by Forged in Fire may be her best story yet.  It is a deeply moving love story between three men who lost each other and their chance at major careers in rugby directly after the university. Young men drove drunk and disastrously crashed, rolling the car, ending their triad through grievous injuries and the guilt one still carries
Maureen
May 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Well, I'm not quite sure how to rate this book, or if I even liked it, I suppose I did as I laughed here and there, but I was also ticked off and annoyed at times too. Ivan is a hard mc to like, we understand his deep ridden guilt but when friends try so hard to tell him they don't blame him and they want his friendship back, he is just plain nasty to them, brutally mean and nasty. There was so much to-ing and fro-ing between London and Cornwall I was dizzy. BUT, Rolly's idea, at 65%, to make an ...more
Becky Baldridge
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
How do you give someone forgiveness when they refuse to accept it or even forgive themselves? For these guys, you browbeat them until they crack. There are some serious issues addressed in this one and even some danger as they face the oncoming flood, but it's also layered with hilarious banter and the love between all three of them. The story is fast-paced and as expected with this author, it drew me in from the start. The characters are lovable in spite of themselves and the story is a wonderf ...more
Caroline
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a story of second chances, in parallel to Dahlia Donovan's Sin Bin Series. It was well written in a style you would expect if you've read any of her other books. There is alot of build up and I found myself yell at the main character to stop being so hard arse and move on.

Three young lovers, their lives crushed ten years earlier after a drunk driving accident. Wes and Rolly never gave up on Ivan coming back to them. Ivan has never forgiven himself, refusing their advances for reconcilia
Amy  Crull
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading this author so I didn't know what to expect from her. I also had this image in my head that did not happen in the book lol. I figured since its a M/M/M that there would lots of sexy times, I was wrong. Anyway I enjoyed the humor in the book. I also enjoyed the support they gave their friend. They know they need to make things right but they also know Ivan needs some help. This is great book of friendship and realizing what you want in life.
United Indie Book Blog
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it

REVIEW BY AMY
Natalie Miernicki
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Three friends one drunken night that changed everything... this was a good storyline but for me there was something missing. Not sure what it was as I loved all the characters they all had a loveable quirky flirty banter that had me swooning and laughing at once! I can’t put my finger on the exact thing I couldn’t find that I wanted but I did enjoy the book and I will definitely read from Dahlia again.
Kaye
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Totally unexpected but such a good story with three great MCs.

Ivan wasn't even a secondary character from the Sin Bin series but I'm really pleased that Dahlia gave him his own story. His life had been a hard one with the arrogance of youth culminating in a very difficult and painful adulthood/last 10 years but with acceptance of his limitations happiness would be his.

I'm very much looking forward to reading Haka Ever After.
She's a Lip Biter
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it

Reviewed by Nat
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Ivan has shut himself off from the world and the two men who mean the most to him. He has spent 10 years eaten up with grief over the accident. They all have scars physically as well as emotionally. Wes and Rolland, who have been together since their college days, have had enough of Ivan’s wallowing and decide to go to him. In. The. Middle. Of. A. Flood!! Needless to say Ivan wasn’t pleased with the unexpected intrusion. Will Ivan be able to forgive himself all the pain he caused with t
Ashley
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fun romance with second chances for some characters. I liked that they were all equal in the relationship and the connection is easy to establish between them all. They don't seem awkward at all, which is sometimes how these three lover books work.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Mindy McCray
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Forged in Flood is a great M/M/M read. Dahlia Donovan is becoming a favorite M/M author. Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down! And OMG these scenes are seriously hot!! I can't wait for more!!
Pat
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun,

This was a quirky, fun read, although some tragedy still remained. I enjoyed Wes and Rolly as they tried to convince Ivan to come back to them.. after a tragic accident and ten years of guilt.
Spunky N Sassy
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

I’m always looking for a good rom com and this book was definitely a good one. I laughed so hard that people were staring at me.
robert
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good story

This story has interesting characters with lifelike issues. I was puzzled as to how two of them financially supported themselves and how the main character so quickly resolved his significant life issues. The ending seems somewhat abrupt. Otherwise it was a good story.

• Auctioned (8392, #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Out of the Blue
  • His Accidental Daddy
  • Havoc (Tattoos and Ties Duet, #1)
  • Mission: All In (Brantley Walker: Off the Books, #1)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Pretend (Blackcreek, #3)
  • Stay (Blackcreek, #2)
  • Call Me Baby (Chosen #4)
  • Crash (A Collar For His Brat, #1)
  • Rampage (Out for Justice #3)
  • Jon's Spooky Corpse Conundrum (Jon's Mysteries, #3)
  • Corrupting Kross (Terra Mortis #1)
  • Tried & True (THIRDS #10)
  • Just Ridley (Chosen #1)
  • Hot Stuff (Chosen #6)
  • Bearly Midnight (Midnight, Mississippi, #1)
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.

News & Interviews