Start by marking “Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating” as Want to Read:
Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating

Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  19,202 ratings  ·  3,637 reviews
Hazel Camille Bradford knows she’s a lot to take—and frankly, most men aren’t up to the challenge. If her army of pets and thrill for the absurd don’t send them running, her lack of filter means she’ll say exactly the wrong thing in a delicate moment. Their loss. She’s a good soul in search of honest fun.

Josh Im has known Hazel since college, where her zany playfulness pro
Published September 4th 2018 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating, please sign up.
Lorie Yes. Everyone in his family speaks Korean.
Andrea Ripley No, IMHO. I think its a bit too sexually explicit for a teen to check out at school.

·  19,202 ratings  ·  3,637 reviews

Melissa
If pure FUN is what you’re after, look no further than Josh and Hazel. Theirs is a love story riddled with enough comedic relief to inspire bouts of couch-shaking laughter, earning side-eye from drowsy felines and leading my husband to question, “are you all right over there?” More than all right, I was a giddy and giggly gal, smitten with this dynamic duo and their quirky quest for love.

It’s been a while since I’ve picked up a Christina Lauren and for the life of me, I can’t figure out why. For
Emily May
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2019
Whyyy that ending? Ewww.

In my search for cute sexy romances that don't make me want to kill one or both love interests, Christina Lauren is usually one of the first to be recommended. I've wanted to read their books for a while now, and seeing as it is so highly rated, I picked Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating.

It started very fun. I want to stress that I enjoyed a lot of the book and currently have several other Christina Lauren books on hold at my local library. Hazel is a hilarious spitfir
Christy
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5+ stars!!!

photo IMG_1792_zpszzkxjtrl.png

I've read several of Christina Lauren books and I can say with the utmost confidence that this is their best book to date. It's by far my favorite of theirs. There wasn't one thing I didn't love about it. Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating is the epitome of opposites attract. It's one of the best friends to lovers story I've ever read and I loved it so much!! I have no doubt it will be one of my favorite reads of 2018.

Hazel Bradford is a bit of a weirdo, and I mean that in the be
Zoë
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was *clenches fist* so cute.

I read this during Valentine's Day, so I was in the mood for a fluffy romance. I'm happy to report that that's exactly what I got - and then some. I actually giggled aloud to myself several times. Alone. So alone. On Valentine's Day.
Josh and Hazel have the best chemistry. Although they have two very different personalities, they perfectly complement one another. AND Hazel, our Jessica Day-type quirky lead, is not forced to change her ways for love. Heck yes.
Josh
Chelsea Humphrey
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Chelsea by: Melanie
Happy Pub Day!!!

"I realize that finding the perfect person isn't going to be easy for me because I'm a lot to take," she says, "but I'm not going to change just so that I'm more datable. At the end of the day, being myself is enough. I'm enough."

I related to this book on a spiritual level. Duo Christina Lauren's brand of humor was so on point in this novel, it felt like they had written it specifically for me as a reader. I can't express how uplifting and enjoyable of an experience I had reading
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books, favorites
➳Quirkiness, fun double dates, sexy times that became unexpected, everything combined together to bring two individuals that are beyond different but definitely meant to be...

➳When one starts reading a romance novel by my favorite duo Christina Lauren, one should know that you will forever love the story no matter what. When one reads romance stories, you expect a trope to take into place. No matter what, this new stand-alone filled with fun adventures between two best friends, has every retro
Melanie

ARC provided by Simon & Schuster in exchange for an honest review.

“The world seems full of men who are initially infatuated by our eccentricities, but who ultimately expect them to be temporary.”

Most of you know that I’m a pretty big fan of Christina Lauren! Autoboyography is now one of my favorite books of all-time. And friends, I really enjoyed this book and it made me so unreasonably happy! Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating is set in Oregon and is honestly one of the cutest frien
Warda
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve read this twice now. Once in September and then again in October. I loved reading it just as much as the first time, but probably more now.
Actually, I know I love it more than the first time I read it, because my feelings towards it intensified tenfold. This book is literal happiness. Characters so good, so pure and so alive in my head, I couldn’t get enough!

————————————————

WTF is this cuteness that I’ve just read?! I mean, I’m overly happy. My heart is more or less glowing.

Sign me up for
Whitney Atkinson
Thanks to Netgalley for supplying me with a free e-arc in exchange for an honest review!

4.5 Stars

UMM..... THIS WAS SO GOOD!!

I told myself I wouldn't read anymore Christina Lauren because I thought Roomies was a bit bland and not up my alley, but this one just sounded cute so I broke my own rule and WOW I'M SO GLAD I DID THIS IS A NEW FAVORITE OF THE YEAR!

The main thing I love about this book is the main character. She's cute and quirky and fun without trying too hard to be ~different~. She's au
KAS
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first read by this dynamic writing duo, and I was extremely impressed. Their writing style is addictive and their witty, humorous characters are ones you won’t forget. It was simply an unputdownable read!

”I can honestly say without question I have never known anyone else like you.”

 ”So completely undatable?”

 ”Something like that.”

Josh and Hazel completely melted my heart. Although they have absolute polar opposite personalities, they become best friends, both knowing their relationship wil
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This would have been a full on 5 star read had it not been for the dramatic/unnecessary turn the plot took in the last quarter 🙃 although despite the weird ending, I did love the characters SO MUCH and their chemistry was just A+++++. But tbh I am so conflicted on how to rate this bc that ending was JDJSHSKAKSISJAJSJ WHY
Larry H
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've always enjoyed romantic comedies at the movies, but I've never really been a fan of them in book form. But sometime over the last year I found the writing duo that calls themselves Christina Lauren. I was absolutely wowed by Autoboyography (see my review) last year, and then earlier this year I fell for Love and Other Words (see my review), and that will be one of my favorite books of 2018.

Who is this man that I've become?

I don't know, but after reading their newest book, Josh and Haze
Meredith
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: overdrive
3.5

Fun, fluffy friends to lovers to soulmates story with a bit of an edge.

Hazel first me Josh in college when she propositioned him at a frat party and then proceeded to puke on his shows. They have some embarrassing run-ins afterward, but it isn’t until 10 years after college that they are reunited. Hazel is a lot to handle--she’s loud, a little weird, oftentimes says the wrong thing, and fully embraces those she loves. Hazel is aware that she’s different and not everyone can handle her perso
Susanne  Strong
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, rom-com
4 Stars.

A Fun, Quirky, Laugh out Loud Rom Com!

Hazel is quirky. She can’t help but say exactly what’s on her mind the second it pops up and boy does that get her into trouble. She even considers herself to be completely undatable. She is utterly fantastic, what can I say? Josh is somewhat low key and unassuming. He and his girlfriend don’t really do much of anything of when they are together. Perhaps that’s why she cheated on him.

Hazel and Josh met in college years ago - he was one of the few
April (Aprilius Maximus)
this is THE book of my life, plz excuse me while i hug this book to my chest for the next 10 years.
Berit☀️✨
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
4.5 Fun Flirty Fabulous Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟💫

This! Book! What an absolutely adorable sweet and funny romcom with the perfect amount of steam and sizzle🔥

Hazel is being added to my book BFF list and might even have earned the top spot!!! Hazel is a friend you want by your side and somebody you wish you were more like... she had such a fabulous sense of who she was and was not willing to compromise herself for anyone... she had a heart of gold and a tremendous passion for life.... she was also loud, eccentri
Merphy Napier
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5

I keep thinking that now I wanna read more romance books. But the truth is, I just wanna read this one again for the first time.

What I liked:
- the characters. I didn't like them much at first, but they really grew on me, and by the end, I loved them both so much
- friends to lovers. Again, didn't care about their relationship at first, but it developed into something so sweet and beautiful and I just loved it so much
- slow burn. I LOVE a slow burn! And this took just the right amount of time
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Available NOW!!

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise, I fell in love again! My list of book boyfriends is quite long but damn, lately my list of heroines is rocking the charts.

I love, absolutely love, when a book builds your characters up, let’s us readers really get to know them. I love how this author duo can do just about anything with their stories and they are so good at telling their stories. It’s what I love most about them.

Josh & Hazel, meet in college. Have many run ins (most not good occu
Natasha Polis
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Because I can't help but not rate a Christina Lauren book 5 stars! This one was wayyy too cute and just hilarious. Such lovable, flushed out characters, it's like coming home. That's the only way to describe their writing. You're laughing one moment and then YOUR HEART IS SO BIG A FULL OF JOY YOU JUST WANT TO BURST! Perfect weekend read!
Em Lost In Books
Third book that I have read from this author duo and now I can safely say that I enjoy reading their stories. Though this story was nowhere near cute as Autoboyography or touching as Love and Other Words but this was light and fun.

Josh and Hazel met first in the college. While Josh was epitome of a perfection for Hazel, Josh can not say the same thing about Hazel. Fast forward a decade and both met again as Hazel is best friends with Josh's sister. While Josh is happily dating someone, Hazel is
Melisa
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A super fast, sexy, hilarious romp!

This was my first Christina Lauren book and it was just what I needed - some good old fashioned humor to brighten up my day. I haven’t laughed out loud at a book this hard for a long time. I absolutely flew through this book - there’s nothing like a good romcom to break up all the heavier reads.

Hazel, a highly eccentric and oh-so-funny woman, is going down as one of my favorite characters of all time. I couldn’t get enough of her and her over the top personali
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS
Sometimes your lack of filter kills me,” he says. “It’s not even like you lack a filter; you lack a funnel.”

Oh my gosh! I loved this book! If you're looking for a fun, quirky, put-a-smile-on-your-face-and-keep-it-there rom-com, this book is it! I was immediately hooked from the first page and stayed glued to my kindle until the end. It was the most fun I've had reading in a while! Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating was a refreshingly different take on friends to lovers and I loved e
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Story 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
When it comes to love we all want the same - to be loved as we are. We don’t need to be perfect, that’s impossible. We’re humans - we have flaws. We’re too loud, too silent, too wild, too boring. We’re the way we are.
Hazel was never a calm person - one who just sits still and smiles. She was one who lived with every fiber of
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 stars

Such a fantastic story, this story was so addictive and I wish we could have more.I loved Hazel and Josh so much, the make the story special.For one more time Christina Lauren delivers a unique and original story.

description

I fall in love with the story and everything about Josh and Hazel, their awkward moments,their cute and sweet moments and the slow burn between them was something else.I laughed with them a lot.

This book make me have a smile on my face most of the time.If you are looking for a sw
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
4.5 stars. Early on, life taught me that it would be fucking helpful to separate people into two groups:

Then as a teacher the "people I could like" perpetually end divided again into three groups:

People : Hazel is SO immature, she's stereotypical and really such an over-the-top annoyance, UNREALISTIC OHMYGOD
Me : 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
People : -and she's a teacher? What the fuck with that? I've known teachers, I went to school, so you can trust me when I say that they would never-
Me : 🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
People : -a
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I know I’m drunk, and I know it’s Josh Im—the blueprint for Perfect, who should never want Hazel Bradford—but when it’s done, and he goes still over me, breathing heavily into my neck, I choose to melt into that sublime blur of pleasure, the way I used to think it might feel to live in a cloud.

Christina Lauren have once again, created a story that I have fallen head over heels in love with! JOSH & HAZEL’S GUIDE TO NOT DATING is a hilario
Gabby
This book was cute as shit. Christina Lauren is a favorite author of mine, and I have to say this is my favorite book of theirs since Autoboyography. I loved it so much.

This is a romance that takes place in Portland, Oregon (which is another thing I loved.) It follows Hazel Bradfurd and Josh Im. They've known each other since college and she's embarrassed herself inf front of him a handful of times over the years. Now it takes place years later when she is an elementary school teacher, and he i
kat
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
A solid 3.5 star read.

Honestly, super fast and enjoyable (except for the end. to the end I screech "hell no" from the rooftops bc no thanks). Some of the jokes didn't land and the whole thing was a bit on the predictable side because there's no way I'm *that good*, but ultimately I had a nice time and that's really all I can ask for at this point.

ALSO, as a certified New Girl obsessed human, I can confirm that Hazel Bradford is basically Jessica Day. Maybe a little wilder in some ways, but I am
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!!

Josh and Hazel have known each other since college when she vomited on his shoes. Hazel was the wild child and Josh always liked her but thought she was a bit too much.

Now years later the two of them meet up again and become the best of friends. Knowing they are both undate-able for each other, they set out on a series of double dates each more unfortun
Bibi
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: laugh-out-loud
Classic Christina Lauren, and a boatload of fun!
  • Fight or Flight
  • Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2)
  • Three Little Words (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly #3)
  • Best of Luck (Chance of a Lifetime, #3)
  • Act Like It (London Celebrities, #1)
  • Intercepted (Playbook, #1)
  • The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2)
  • Runaway Girl
  • Loud is How I Love You (Hub City, #1)
  • Meet Cute
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
  • Oh, Naughty Night!
  • Her Halloween Treat (Men at Work, #1)
  • Mr. Hotshot CEO (Kwan Sisters, #2)
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact #1)
  • Saving Mr. Perfect (Penelope Blue, #2)
  • A Duke by Default (Reluctant Royals, #2)
Christina Lauren is the combined pen name of long-time writing partners/besties/soulmates/brain-twins Christina Hobbs and Lauren Billings. The coauthor duo writes both Young Adult and Adult Fiction, and together has produced fourteen New York Times bestselling novels. Their books have been translated into 30+ languages. (Some of these books have kissing. Some of these books have A LOT of kissing.) ...more
“But at the end of the day", she says, and puts her hand outside the open window, letting the wind pass through her fingers, "being myself is enough. I'm enough.” 19 likes
“I learned a very important thing that day: my mom would never try to change for a man, and I wouldn’t, either.” 15 likes