Start by marking “Souled (Bid on Love #1)” as Want to Read:
Souled (Bid on Love #1)

Souled

(Bid on Love #1)

Most people think they know me.

Being famous I get to hide the real me behind that.

But not in my home town.

There… I’m just McKenna.

So why would anyone pay to date me?

Volunteering for a bachelor’s auction will be fun they said.
Time out with a rock star will be a date to remember they said.

When Charlotte bid on love her expectations were nothing like reality and forced
Kindle Edition
Published May 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Souled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Souled

Wendy Hodges
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Souled by KL Shandwick started 18th May finished 19th May 5*

A charity auction for a date with a hot guy, sounds great doesn’t it? Mckenna is home to visit and is asked to step in and help out his friend. There is some angst and some suspense in this story, not everything goes to plan, there are feelings involved, high emotions that cause some friction. It is a highly charged read from start to finish, the sparks fly in more ways than one which keeps it interesting. I really enjoyed the idea of t
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
A fabulous novella from KL Shandwick that packs a lot in to a great story. I was hooked from the first page if Souled. This lady always managers to create storylines and characters that you can't help but fall in love with.

McKenna is a rockstar doing his bit for a charity close to heart auctioning himself off for a date.
Charlotte is his childhood friend, she also has winning bid. Is it just lust between then or is love on the horizon?

As always a fantastic read from this author and I'm hoping w
Theresa Ritchie
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Must read

This book was amazing was hooked from the start couldn't put it down if you fancy a quick read then I highly recommended this book looking forward to reading the others
Kendra Needs
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one book in a series of eight, but can be read as a stand alone, and can most definitely be devoured in one sitting.

This book is short and sweet and too the point and has so much going on that you will forget that it is just a novella. From the story to the characters, you will not be disappointed.

McKenna is back home to help take of his mother, and when he is catching up with old friends he is roped into a charity bachelor auction and when Charlotte saves him from being won by a clingy
Nese
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story that left me feeling frustrated and hot all at once.
If ever there was a story of mixed signals, off the charts chemistry
and unrequited passion, this is it.

McKenna is a rock star , he is every girls bad boy fantasy.
His reputation for being a womaniser is widely acknowleged, always being photographed with endless women.
McKenna unexpectedly has to returns to his home town ,
while he is there to look after his mother, he also catches up with some childhood friends.
When a chanc
Renee Entress
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Star

I was pulled right into this short story. The story has pain, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Charlotte and McKenna’s story. Charlotte has had a crush on McKenna since her childhood and when she finds out he is part of the auction she jumps at the chance to finally have him. McKenna is a Rockstar who is known far and wide for his player status. After all he is with a different woman almost every day. What happens when a little fun turns to wanting more? Will they both get what they want o
Ann Meemken
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
McKenna is a rock star. He goes home to care for his mom. While he is home takes time to catch up with his friends back home. He helps out a charity close to his heart. He is bid on at a bachelor's auction. He is surprised by who just won the bid. His long time friend Charlotte.

This story was a bit different than your typical rock star story. McKenna is portrayed as being just a normal guy. He wants her to see the real man and not the rock star. He wants to show Charlotte a good time on their da
Tricia
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Souled is the delightful story of rockstar McKenna and his former childhood friend Charlotte. After successfully bidding on McKenna in a charity auction, much to her surprise, Charlotte is whisked off to Colorado to McKenna’s cabin for the weekend. Just looking for fun and adventure, she has no idea what life is about to throw her way.

This may be novella length but it’s action packed, with a little angst and lots of heat and sexual tension to spice things up. I almost felt sorry for McKenna, who
Lisa
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This stand alone novella begins the Bid on Love series with a bang! This isn't the typical rockstar story, it's a guy who makes music coming home to see his mother and visit friends and gets wrapped up in a charity bachelor auction. This glimpse into two peoples lives as they circle each other over a long weekend filled with heat, anticipation, disappointment, frustration, action packed excitement and drama and an off the charts hot music video shoot.

I was on the edge of my seat during the actio
Lisa
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it

I was on the edge of my seat during the actio
Jenny
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of KL Shandwick's writing. This novella was a great read, and features a rock star and the girl he knew before he was famous.
Charlotte bids on McKenna at an auction, and then spends the weekend getting to know the grown up version of her school girl crush. This is a story of how expectation vs reality, and how to trust.
Teresa Jensen
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it!!

This is a beautifully written story of a rockstar and a woman he has known since childhood. She isn't a little girl anymore Charlotte meets her crush again at the charity auction she helped planned. The winner of the date with McKenna, Charlie is not prepared for the weekend he dreamed up for her. I like these characters and would like to see them again, hunt hint K.L.
Julia Stevens
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fbbf-oxford
Short but hot, sweet story. A date for charity, a weekend adventure, chemistry, mixed signals and a rockstar trying to do the right thing by a childhood friend! Enjoyed this, hopefully there will be more to come in the future?
karen
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the start of this series. I sure hope we hear more of McKenna and “Charlie” and how their future progresses. Two long ago friends reunited is always special. Good excitement in the book. Looking forward what the next book brings.
Pam
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rocking HEA

Enjoyable read. He is a Rock Star, auctioned off for charity. She is the winning bidder. Parts of the dialogue was repetitive. Was on the edge of my seat with the avalanche scene. It does have an HEA. Looking forward to the next book in this series.... Pam James.
Isabella Bazz
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing contemporary rocker romance. Loved the book, beautifully written. McKenna comes back home for a bachelor auction, charlotte outbids everyone. Steamy romance
Linda Rimer-Como
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a quick read but very enjoyable. The story line is cute and the characters have great chemistry throughout. Found this to be a great start to what I am sure will be a wonderful series.
Chari
Jul 22, 2018
G
Dec 02, 2018
K.L. Bio

Writing came relatively late in life for KL after a challenge by a friend led to The Everything Trilogy. She loves creating new characters and storylines. KL has worked in the health and social care sector for most of her adult life, so to have the opportunity to step out of serious roles and create colourful characters is very rewarding. She enjoys where they take her, and each character

Bid on Love (8 books)
  • Going, Going, Gone (Bid on Love, #2)
  • Joker (Bid on Love #3)
  • A Chance At L.O.V.E.  (Love At Last, #1) (Bid on Love, #4)
  • For Her Amusement (Bid on Love #5)
  • Stab at Love (Bid on Love #6)
  • Bidding on the Bodyguard (Bid on Love #7)
  • Afraid of Love (Bid on Love #8) (Hard to Love, #1)