Start by marking “Amplifier (Dark Tide, #2)” as Want to Read:
Amplifier (Dark Tide, #2)

Amplifier

(Dark Tide #2)

“What’s it like?” he asked me. “To be happy all of the time?”

Truth was, I didn’t know how to put it into words. So I showed him. Love, laughter, and life. I gave Dark Tide’s lead guitarist a glimpse of it all.

He wanted more. I longed to give it to him.

But every so often fate slips up. Soulmates meet while on incompatible paths. The only thing certain about our future was
Published June 28th 2019 by Independently published (first published June 4th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Amplifier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amplifier

Start your review of Amplifier (Dark Tide, #2)
Julie
Jun 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: rockstar, romance
An interesting rockstar story. A young woman gets a job as one of the crew on her favourite rock bands tour. Of cause she has her eye on her favourite but the truth is something she never would have imagined.
There was the usual rockstar problems in the story but there seemed to be something missing for me, there wasn’t much of a connection between the characters and no feeling of chemistry at all. It’s not a bad book, just not for me!
Anna Theurer (Anna's Bookshelf)
Amplifier is not your typical rockstar book with a playboy hero with lots of groupies and lots of sex, but is rather an engaging story with perfectly imperfect complex characters. I immediately fell in love with Kris, the lead guitarist of Dark Tide. He is the quiet observer, the dark horse, and one who tries to shut down his feelings and instead focus on others. It’s always the quiet, mysterious ones that capture my heart!

During the last leg of the tour, Henley walks on as a guitar tech. Seemi
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
4.5

There isn’t a writer out there who has me dig deep inside myself like Max Henry! Her novels aren’t just beautiful love stories they’re about the human journey! They talk about love, acceptance, and hope! Each one of her books has a character that has been to hell and back and their journey to find their peace!

I didn’t expect Amplifier to really gut me like it did but oh man I find myself in tears because anxiety is a silent bitch and a silent predator! Kris has been it’s prey for years and i
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
I missed Dark Tide a lot! I loved this band since I read Down Beat and Kris was always my favorite. Now after reading his story I understand him and I still love him to pieces!

Kris secret is out! Totally explains why he's so reclusive, he went through a lot when he was younger and that made him the man he is today.
When Henley arrives as his tech, Kris doesn't trust her a bit. It takes time for him to see she's not a groupie and all she wants is to pursuit her dream career. But she understands hi
Kathy
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hopefull

There’s a darkness in the Dark Tide books that can resonate with the reader. So while I read to escape, I also appreciate the real struggles of the characters. Kris Moran, guitarist in Dark Tide is hurting and we now know why. Henley the new guitar tech assigned to him is the light at the end of the tunnel. Seems simple. Not so much. Both have fears to overcome but nothing worth having is easy.
Looking forward to Emory’s book and Max ummm what’s up
with Rey???????
Donna
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it

I absolutely adored this broken rockstar romance. It was a totally different read from the first book in this series. But it wasn't any less enjoyable. Kris is the dark horse of the band and there is a complete reason for him to be as he is. Our past often shapes us, sometimes you just can't help but let it effect your future.

This book makes you soul search and evokes emotions that makes your heartache. I just wanted to grab the characters and just hug them. Henley walks into the world
Susan
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved Kris & Henley.

Another Dark Tide book that has all the feels, so emotional and angsty.
This Author isn't afraid to deal with turbulent issues. Not everyone likes to talk or read about them, so I applaud her for that.

Kris is a guitarist for Dark Tide the shadow of the group the quiet mysterious one he prefers it that way not at all drawn to the lure of RockStar life. He prefers quiet solitude.
Kris just speaks to me as a character, I can really empathise with his feelings, I just can't help
Karen
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I think it's my first time experience with author. I liked the story and the characters.

I think I respect Roadies and techs a lot more now after reading Henley's experience plus she was a strong female in a rough profession.
Kris really needed more therapy as his brokenness was apparent.

The whole book was dark...Henley showed a little light but even she got affected by dark with her in decision

PS. I can't imagine that Kris can not hire Henley as his permanent tech. He is famous enough to be a
Marie Vasquez
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
What a beautifully emotional story for Kris and Henley. Dark Tide is band rising in fame but off stage they are a hot mess. Each member is broken in their own way and those demons are catching up to them and affecting their friendship as well as their performances. Kris suffers from anxiety. He was a character I could relate to on a deeply personal level. His appearance gives off a moody, emo vibe; which is his defensive mechanism, but inside he’s all heart and deep feelings. He’s spent his life ...more
Renee
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from the publisher/author to review.

"What's it like?" he asked me. "To be happy all of the time?"
Turth was, I didn't know how to put it into words. So I showed him. Love, laughter, and life. I gave Dark Tide's lead guitarist a glimpse of it all. He wanted more. I longed to give it to him. But every so often fate slips up. Soullmates meet while on incompatible paths. The only thing certain about our future was that there couldn't be one.
"What's it like to be happy?
Chanah Dickson (The Book Whisperer)
God have I missed the way Max crafts her words so seamlessly together, she doesn’t just bring us a story of a couple coming together she brings us a story of life! The good, the ugly and the stuff nobody wants to talk about that goes on in our darkest hours. She gives us a deeper understanding of how each persons little quirks and thoughts affect every aspect of there life especially when it comes to allowing someone else to get a front row seat to there show!

Amplifier much like Kris was compli
Lisa Hill
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I fell in absolute love with Dark Tide last year with the release of Down Beat. That book was a masterpiece and I did wonder how the author would live up to the phenomenal start with the follow up, Amplifier.

I needn’t have worried for a second. This book raises the bar higher. Amplifier is such a beautiful, empathetic story of a man struggling with crippling anxiety, it moved me to tears. Seriously, I’m sitting here writing this review with big fat tears rolling down my face.

Kris’s anxiety was c
Heather Packer
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what more can I say? Kris was amazing. I feel like a piece of my heart has been stolen by Emery lol and Rey was always going to be a tough act to follow.
This book doesn't have the same kind of rawness to it that Down Beat had, Kris is a more gentle, tactile soul. And his book reflects that, but I can't wait to see what is in store for Em!
Kris is guarded and hesitant, but full on and fantastic all at the same time. He goes from 0-100 in 0.01 seconds and when he loves, he loves hard.
Henley i
Robyn Corcoran
Reviewed for She’s a Lip Biter Blog
Right from the first page I knew I was going to like this book, how could I not with great writing like this...”...when you’re an over-enthusiastic girl with a knack for being all fingers and thumbs. Or empathetic with flair, I like to say.” - Henley 😂 I immediately felt comfortable with the story, settled in for a good read and a great story it is too.

Kris Moran, lead guitarist of Dark Tide, is known as the observer in the group, the quiet one. He suffers in
Amanda
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, this book gives you a very real view of what living with anxiety is like! Certainly not an easy read, but one that will stay with you long after you finish. At times I felt it was a bit hard to connect with both Kris and Henley’s characters and what they were feeling, but I think that just added to the story, anxiety affects people in different ways, it’s often hard to understand their train of thought, feelings and reactions etc. Overall, I felt like it was a very realistic, raw book and I ...more
Ames Hart
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So beautifully written that I felt myself being drawn in. Henley and Kris are deep and complex characters with an individual intensity and joint chemistry that's captivating. Kris is the "dark horse" guitarist of Dark Tide. Henley is the new stage tech. She's happy and good at what she does. She's working toward her dream and for the rest of Dark Tide's tour that means she has to be professional and on point. Kris is the best out there, but with a lot of secrets and baggage. He's drawn to her. T ...more
Jeanne
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Max Henry does not write books that are like other author’s work. She is extremely original in her plots and characters, so even if she wasn’t a good writer, she has that quality—but she is also a great writer!!

Kris’s another broken soul from Max’s mind. He is the guy everyone depends on, yet even his best friends do not know his heartbreak or secrets. Henley is getting her big break as a guitar tech and refuses to give up her dream for anyone, even though it hurts.

This is an amazing series th
Line
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star read from Max Henry that I just never wanted to put down.

Yet again, Max delivers everything I want in a book; angst, depth, and the feeling that I can relate to the characters. Which is more, she attacks my favorite theme; rockstars.

How can I be anything but ecstatic when on top of all that the book is well written, the plot thought through and the editing impeccable?

Thanks for bringing us an inspiring read that presents us with passionate flawed characters that pull at your heart
Kathy
Apr 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to Emory’s book and Max ummm what’s up
with Rey???????
Reckless Readers
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Unlike other rockstar romances, this book gives you rockstar with a tender heart.
Kris is the silent one out of the group of guys. He doesn't take things for granted and it honest.
Henley is the new guitar tech joining the tour. She's like a dash of sunshine and happiness entering his world.
It's a fast but slow build up tensions that have you flying through the pages.

**Review by Sallie**
Denise
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow,amazing and just awesome! Could not put this book down, i loved Henley and how happy she could make kris who was skeptical about her before he got to know her. Hearing of his past and learning of his problems broke your heart, but was so great when started working there issues out to realize that they love each other flaws and all. Such a great job! Loved it.
Sophie Ruthven
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Boy have I missed words by Mrs Henry, but it was definitely well worth the wait.
This series so far has taken readers on self discovering journeys of living life with mental health. As a mental health sufferer myself these books have truly spoken to me.
The books in the series so far show how the stigma is finally being banished and that it's ok to not be okay.
One click, you won't regret it.
Would give more stars if I could.
Reva Coomer
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Henley and Kris are now my favorite. Max has always known how to draw me into a story and keep me there. She is an amazing story teller. This book really touched me with the raw, real problems people deal with. I could not put it down. This is one you definitely want to read.
Natshane
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Black Horse and Unicorn Stars

Review to come.
Chelsey
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't think anything could make me feel the way I felt when I read Down Beat.............. I was wrong!! Amplifier is just as amazing!! So emotional, I loved it! ...more
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ Jeri the Romance Bibiliophile ♡
WE have a Title and we have a Date -I cannot wait :-)

Lisa Hill
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another masterpiece

Shaun Walsh
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shadows and light make magic!

This is a quietly, beautiful romance. Kris is a dark, silent soul. Hiding in the shadows watching the world go by. Henley is a ray of sunshine to Kris' dark and the come together exquisitely. There is no high handed drama, over the top melt downs, but there is soul searching, self realization and sweet, soulful love. Max Henry writes the best "feels" books, I always know I will walk away with my heart full and my romantic soul filled!
Lisa Staples
Lead Guitarist Kris Moran is the quiet one, Dark Tide's very own Dark Horse.
It's clear from the very first page this is one very troubled, shadowed man, prone to intense introspection and self doubt, yet with so much to give; and the only avenue he's able to do so has been through his music.

Henley wants to make music her life, and in her new role as guitar tech for rising stars Dark Tide, she is determined to prove to herself and her father that she can make a career in the industry and not just
Marnie
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🎸*♡*Kris is beautiful, emotional and still ever the sexy rock god*♡*🎸

Max has beautifully told Kris’ story, and that of everyone who has suffered from anxiety and panic disorders. My heart broke for his childhood, and I know there are still parents today who are divided on the mental health status of their children, despite the plethora of educational and governmental acknowledgement. The stats for our teenagers in NZ are shocking, so books like this one from Ms Henry are especially poignant to b

• Bottleneck (Dark Tide Book 3)
  • Lovely Madness (Players #4)
  • Endless: Ty & Zoey (Less Than Zero, #1)
  • A Filthy Marriage (Filthy Line #4)
  • A Filthy Engagement (Filthy Line #2)
  • Reckless Invitation (The Reckless Rockstar #2)
  • A Filthy Enemy (Filthy Line #3)
  • Brody (Default Distraction Book 1)
  • Dirty Rocker
  • Cherry Beats (Gods of Rock #1)
  • Saving Maddox (Shadow Phoenix #3)
  • Finding Zen (Shadow Phoenix #1)
  • Fulcrum (Dark Tide Book 4)
  • Over You: A Rockstar Romance
  • Unrequited (Unrequited #1)
  • Limitless: Jace & Alex (Less Than Zero, #2)
  • Rocked (The Everyday Heroes World)
  • Loving True (Shadow Phoenix #2)
Facebook -> http://bit.ly/2F4XrG3
Instagram -> http://bit.ly/2ruERF3
Newsletter -> http://eepurl.com/gchq5z

For as long as she can remember, Max has always had a love of the macabre and thought provoking side to life.

Which probably stands to reason why each of her books takes the reader on an emotional journey that not only promises twists, turns, and suspense but a heart-wrenching journey where her

Dark Tide (3 books)
  • Down Beat (Dark Tide, #1)
  • Bottleneck (Dark Tide, #3)