Start by marking “Fence #8 (Fence, #8)” as Want to Read:
Fence #8 (Fence, #8)

Fence #8

(Fence #8)

Nicholas is determined to get Seiji to focus on him and him alone.
Published July 18th 2018 by BOOM! - BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Fence #8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fence #8

Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Okay, I’m going to be honest with you (as always. ;-P) and this issue just wasn’t all that awesome for me. I mean yes, I get it, it was necessary to understand what it means that Seji is no.2 in the fencing ranking but there happened nothing except of his match against Harvard and that just wasn’t enough for me. >_<

I need more substance than that! I mean why was there so little of Nicholas? Why were there no interactions between other students? And what is this thing between Aiden and Harv
Meags
4 Stars

No one understands it yet. But they will.

In what is basically a Seiji-centric issue, we get a deeper look at this highly skilled and largely disliked fencing prodigy.

It is quite an epic little moment, as anti-social freshman Seiji effortlessly plays and defeats fencing team captain and senior student Harvard.

I love the turning of the tide as everyone begins to see just how special Seiji truly is.

They’re beginning to understand...just how good Seiji is.

This was probably my favourite
Arianna
"(...) Seiji sees something in Nicholas that will change his opinion forever."

Yeah, he sees how gay he is for him.

~
Were they trying to bait me with the synopsis? Because they sure did.
(view spoiler)
✨    jamieson   ✨
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
seiji: fencing legend, king of the roast, hot bitch. I have to stan

that duck placed in that spot in that panel .... i was played yall
nessa
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a necessary filler, yes, but I wish there was more interaction between my boissssss
Shin Mon Thway
Seiji!!!!!! Seiji is soooooo dreamy in this issue!!! My extraordinary fencer!!!!! Go go Seiji!!!!!!! 😍😍😍👏👏👏

5 en garde stars

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
lottie
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2018, comics
coach: Seiji is so isolated... his talent sets him apart from everyone... he's so alo-
Nicholas: EN GARDE BITCH
emma
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was good but what was that blurb all about? The next comic maybe?
Alexandra Elend Wolf
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
"His talent is isolating. It sets him apart. It probably has his whole life."

Getting this much exposition on Seiji was just what I needed.

As coach says it's a little hard to really understand just how good Seiji is if you don't really understand Fencing but once you do... man, he's good. He has passion, discipline, talent and the years of training to be as good as he is right now he just needs to relax a bit more, enjoy it more, and he'll be unstoppable.

I continue to admire the coach and
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Seiji seems something in Nicholas that will change his opinion forever" ... um, what was it
Bookphenomena (Micky)
This was all serious fencing and mind games and all Seiji. Something strange though, the episode synopsis doesn’t fit what you get.
rin 눈_눈 WATCH GOOD OMENS
my boy jesse is on the cover but is on exactly (1) panel in the issue. tragic
nova ryder ☼
Nicholas: “I don’t need a makeover I have amazing fashion sense.”
Bobby: “wearing black jeans and a black tank top all the time?”
N: “I wear other things”
B: “like what?”
N: “sometimes I wear a black t-shirt”

This kid

that issue was way too short for my liking.
i need all of them, right now.
pls and thank you.
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ —— 5 Stars!

Aiden and Harvard have my whole heart! And I don’t know if Seiji and Nicholas are leading to a relationship or just a great friendship but I cannot wait to see what happens.
⚔ Silvia ⚓
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
bitcH
Eugenia
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prêt!

I really shouldn't read two of these back to back.....It makes the second one go by much too fast!

Seiji and Harvard face-off. Nicholas keeps taunting Seiji.

Great as always!
Clemlucian (&#x1f3f3;️‍&#x1f308;the villain's quest)
⭐⭐⭐⭐

It was so short that I managed to read it entirely on the tube.
•°• gabs •°•
a bitch is crying and that bitch is me. don't really know why tho
haletostilinski
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is just getting better and better. I liked the insight we got into Seiji and how his talent can be isolating and how people see him. I hope some day Nick will have a balance in how he sees him. Nick is still hilariously cute in this.

Also I'm feeling more and more between Aiden and Harvard...I'll be disappointed if nothing happens between these two. Also I love Harvard, he was a gracious loser to Seiji and was kind and he's so sweet.
Kim
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still great

Welp, I inhaled that like air. Harvard's still a beautiful and kind angel and Seiji's a thorny rose, all is well
~maheen~
WHY ARE THE DESCRIPTIONS MISSLEADING??

But damn, this was nothing if not a personal chapter all about Senji. It felt short (like they always do internally sobs) and not much happened, so I had to drag it down a star, but the knowledge and art were spot on.

can't. wait. for. next. one. slowly. dying. that. freaking. cliffhanger. though.
Hillary
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels

Harvard and Aiden are really cute!
The indirect victory talk LOL
Jessi ♡
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
i love seiji ??? and harvard??? so much
Shan( Shans_Shelves) &#x1f49c;
Loved it like always!

Cassandra {semi-hiatus}
A filler, yes. But a good set up for the next one? Definitely. I need more Seiji in my life.
queen0f_hearts
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, comic, lgbtq
SO VERY IMPRESSED BY SEIJI!! I was like all the other students, not understanding what it means for him to be ranked #2. Now I get it! He's f****** olympic and no one at Kings Row stands a chance against him, and they all know after watching this bout. And then there’s Nicholas who doesn’t seem impressed in any way and I don’t know whether I should laugh, frown or shake my head because of his reaction! ...

Taking another moment to look at Harvard. Seriously, didn’t the students get what huge pres
jazmin
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
harvard and aiden gives me life
Lisazj1
4.5 stars, review is for the whole of volume 1, as I had read the whole thing before I knew it. And now I have to wait for more. *sigh, story of my friggin life, waiting for a book, LOL*

Really enjoyed this, much more than I expected. This was basically my first experience with a graphic novel, though I did read comics aeons ago when I was young. Also, I'm not counting skimming through my son's Naruto or Dragonball Z books. I wasn't exactly interested in those.

This hooked me fast, and after thi
jessica ☾
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
These are just so good! Wish they were longer- I feel kinda guilty about them being added to my reading challenge for the year, oh well!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• When the Devil Drives (Death and the Devil, #1.6)
  • Bloom into You, Vol. 4
  • Husbands
  • Superior
  • Artifice
  • Without Chance
  • The Arizona Kid
  • The Other Me
  • In These Words: Chapter 9
  • You Were Made for Me (Mann of My Dreams, #4)
  • Blended Whiskey (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #4.5)
  • New Heights
  • The Shoebox Project
  • Erosistible
  • Border Volume 1
  • The Lost Prince (A Midwinter Prince #2)
C.S. Pacat is a Melbourne writer. Her first series the Captive Prince trilogy began its life as an original web serial. Self-published in 2013 to critical and commercial success and acclaim, the Captive Prince trilogy was acquired by Penguin, and will be published worldwide in 2015.

Fence (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Fence #1 (Fence, #1)