Start by marking “Fence #8 (Fence, #8)” as Want to Read:
Fence #8 (Fence, #8)

Fence #8

(Fence #8)

Nicholas is determined to get Seiji to focus on him and him alone.
Published July 18th 2018 by BOOM! - BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Fence #8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fence #8

Start your review of Fence #8 (Fence, #8)
Mary S. R.
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young adult contemporary sports fans
(4.5 ★’s)

Gee, I guess I like Seiji now? This day will go down in history. I’m just saying. Not that I’m implying my opinion is important enough for its shift to be recorded in history or whatever. Just—shhh.

TBH, I might still be inclined to hate him for being so good and yet ruining it with his attitude (no, I don’t mean his prickliness or cutting words cause those are things I usually stan, I mean his lack of respect for anyone and anything who is not Jesse), BUT—

Awww okay I might f
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Okay, I’m going to be honest with you (as always. ;-P) and this issue just wasn’t all that awesome for me. I mean yes, I get it, it was necessary to understand what it means that Seji is no.2 in the fencing ranking but there happened nothing except of his match against Harvard and that just wasn’t enough for me. >_<

I need more substance than that! I mean why was there so little of Nicholas? Why were there no interactions between other students? And what is this thing between Aiden and Harvard!?
I
Meags
4 Stars

No one understands it yet. But they will.

In what is basically a Seiji-centric issue, we get a deeper look at this highly skilled and largely disliked fencing prodigy.

It is quite an epic little moment, as anti-social freshman Seiji effortlessly plays and defeats fencing team captain and senior student Harvard.

I love the turning of the tide as everyone begins to see just how special Seiji truly is.

They’re beginning to understand...just how good Seiji is.

This was probably my favou
Arianna
"(...) Seiji sees something in Nicholas that will change his opinion forever."

Yeah, he sees how gay he is for him.

~
Were they trying to bait me with the synopsis? Because they sure did.
(view spoiler)
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
and the saga progresses...

honestly, i just feel for seiji... he seems so brooding and lonely and sad.

i mean he's definitely not friendly but i have a feeling he's sad inside.

also, I'm starting to get a little bored....

it's just the same thing happening over and over again. hopefully things get a little more exciting

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
✨    jamieson   ✨
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
seiji: fencing legend, king of the roast, hot bitch. I have to stan

that duck placed in that spot in that panel .... i was played yall
Nana
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novela-grafica
Blessed the day I decided to buy all the comics, because only with those Cliffhangers... and the wait kills me to read the next one, although I don't want them to end either 😭 ...more
lottie
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, comics, ya
coach: Seiji is so isolated... his talent sets him apart from everyone... he's so alo-
Nicholas: EN GARDE BITCH
Shin Mon Thway
Seiji!!!!!! Seiji is soooooo dreamy in this issue!!! My extraordinary fencer!!!!! Go go Seiji!!!!!!! 😍😍😍👏👏👏

5 en garde stars

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
rin ( ̄ヘ ̄)	 read/watch mo dao zu shi
my boy jesse is on the cover but is on exactly (1) panel in the issue. tragic
nessa
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a necessary filler, yes, but I wish there was more interaction between my boissssss
emma
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was good but what was that blurb all about? The next comic maybe?
nova ☼
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nicholas: “I don’t need a makeover I have amazing fashion sense.”
Bobby: “wearing black jeans and a black tank top all the time?”
N: “I wear other things”
B: “like what?”
N: “sometimes I wear a black t-shirt”

This kid

that issue was way too short for my liking.
i need all of them, right now.
pls and thank you.
Silvia
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
bitcH
"Seiji seems something in Nicholas that will change his opinion forever" ... um, what was it ...more
Bookphenomena (Micky)
This was all serious fencing and mind games and all Seiji. Something strange though, the episode synopsis doesn’t fit what you get.
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ —— 5 Stars!

Aiden and Harvard have my whole heart! And I don’t know if Seiji and Nicholas are leading to a relationship or just a great friendship but I cannot wait to see what happens.
Alexandra Elend Wolf
May 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
"His talent is isolating. It sets him apart. It probably has his whole life."

Getting this much exposition on Seiji was just what I needed.

As coach says it's a little hard to really understand just how good Seiji is if you don't really understand Fencing but once you do... man, he's good. He has passion, discipline, talent and the years of training to be as good as he is right now he just needs to relax a bit more, enjoy it more, and he'll be unstoppable.

I continue to admire the coach and
Clem (the villain's quest)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

It was so short that I managed to read it entirely on the tube.
Eugenia
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prêt!

I really shouldn't read two of these back to back.....It makes the second one go by much too fast!

Seiji and Harvard face-off. Nicholas keeps taunting Seiji.

Great as always!
•°• gabs •°•
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
a bitch is crying and that bitch is me. don't really know why tho ...more
haletostilinski
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is just getting better and better. I liked the insight we got into Seiji and how his talent can be isolating and how people see him. I hope some day Nick will have a balance in how he sees him. Nick is still hilariously cute in this.

Also I'm feeling more and more between Aiden and Harvard...I'll be disappointed if nothing happens between these two. Also I love Harvard, he was a gracious loser to Seiji and was kind and he's so sweet.
Kim
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still great

Welp, I inhaled that like air. Harvard's still a beautiful and kind angel and Seiji's a thorny rose, all is well
~maheen~
WHY ARE THE DESCRIPTIONS MISSLEADING??

But damn, this was nothing if not a personal chapter all about Senji. It felt short (like they always do internally sobs) and not much happened, so I had to drag it down a star, but the knowledge and art were spot on.

can't. wait. for. next. one. slowly. dying. that. freaking. cliffhanger. though.
Hillary
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it

Harvard and Aiden are really cute!
The indirect victory talk LOL
Shan( Shans_Shelves) &#x1f49c;
Loved it like always!

Cassandra
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reads-of-2018
A filler, yes. But a good set up for the next one? Definitely. I need more Seiji in my life.
queen0f_hearts
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, lgbtq, comic
SO VERY IMPRESSED BY SEIJI!! I was like all the other students, not understanding what it means for him to be ranked #2. Now I get it! He's f****** olympic and no one at Kings Row stands a chance against him, and they all know after watching this bout. And then there’s Nicholas who doesn’t seem impressed in any way and I don’t know whether I should laugh, frown or shake my head because of his reaction! ...

Taking another moment to look at Harvard. Seriously, didn’t the students get what huge pres
jazmin
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
harvard and aiden gives me life
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Fence: Striking Distance
  • Heavy Vinyl #2
  • Sonnet
  • Heavy Vinyl #3
  • Heavy Vinyl #4
  • Heavy Vinyl #1
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • The Avant-Guards #2
  • The Avant-Guards #4
  • Heartstopper: The Mini-Comics
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • The Avant-Guards #3
  • R.U. Screwed
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • The Avant-Guards #6
  • The Avant-Guards #7
  • The Avant-Guards #8
C.S. Pacat is a Melbourne writer. Her first series the Captive Prince trilogy began its life as an original web serial. Self-published in 2013 to critical and commercial success and acclaim, the Captive Prince trilogy was acquired by Penguin, and will be published worldwide in 2015.

Fence (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Fence #1 (Fence, #1)