Start by marking “Miss (A Second Chance Romance Standalone)” as Want to Read:
Miss (A Second Chance Romance Standalone)

Miss

(#BitterSweetHeat #2)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  450 Ratings  ·  147 Reviews
A #BitterSweetHeat standalone.

Delilah Sage was my comfort within all the pain.
Offering open arms when I needed an escape.
The only one trusted to be there for me.
But our dreams were doomed from the start.
And I left her clinging to false hope.

Regret has plagued me for years.
The memories of Delilah refuse to fade.
Each second of every day, I want to claim her as mine.
But I wo
Published September 28th 2018 (first published September 25th 2018)

Sunniva Dee
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god, did I get ZEED or what??
Harloe’s book boyfriends always sucker-punch me in the hottest, must surprising ways, but I think I just got myself a new favorite. Zeke: you are ONE delicious man!!! – FIVE STARS, all the way.

Zeed_1

In MISS, Harloe Rae has simply outdone herself. With each book, her writing keeps getting better and better, and her characters hop off the pages and into your heart.

First, let me talk about the little town our heroine, Delilah, lives in: Garden Grove is depicted so well
Tia Louise
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOT, Heartbreaking, and utterly swoony. I hugged my Kindle when I finished. This is a second-chance love story you will devour and adore.

Harloe's books just get better and better! Trip/Delilah and Zeke/Zee's love story is one you won't soon forget. It starts in darkness, Zee forced to leave his home, but one thing he never can leave behind is his love for Delilah. Their fight and determination against all odds will pull you in and make you laugh, cry, and fall in love.

A five-star MUST READ!!!!
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 I've Been Zeed Stars

Full review is coming soon....
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Harloe Rae delivers the ultimate second chance with Miss. Sweet swoon and angst swirling together creating a book that captures you and doesn’t let go with Zeke and Delilah. I swear I didn’t think Harloe could top my favorite stalker book boyfriend, but here she goes making me fall head over heels for Zeke. Prepare to completely lose your heart to him the second you start reading this because this man is irresistible!
These two have a story that is what romance dreams are made of. Couples like Ze
Mary at USAT's HEA
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommendation appeared on USA Today’s Happy Ever After on September 25, 2018.

Harloe Rae nails the gut-wrenching, bittersweet emotion of a second-chance love story with Miss and delivers a tender, steamy and sigh-worthy romance. Five years ago, Trip left town and didn’t return, breaking Delilah’s heart, but he’s back and ready to fight for another chance with her. But he has deep emotional wounds that cause him to question his worthiness and then hesitate and stumble in his effort to win her bac
Jan
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
AS SWEET AS A CUPCAKE WITH A GOOEY CENTER WITH A BIT OF HOTNESS IN THE DELICIOUS MIX.

A second chance, swoon-worthy romance.

This isn't my first book by Harloe Rae, I read one of her first books and I can definitely see a vast improvement on her writing, so this is an author that is just getting better and better. I was hooked from the beginning, second chance romance's are my guilty pleasure and MISS ticked all the right boxes for this kind of romance.

Zeke aka Zee and Delia aka Trip, are teenag
Harloe Rae
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

🔨☕MISS IS LIVE☕🔨

Guess what?! My emotional second chance is here!

One-click now >> getbook.at/MissOnAmazon
Vanessa When Vane Reads
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
English/spanish version

I loved Miss! It's a story so sweet, sexy and easy to read. And the chemistry of the characters hooked me from their first dialogue.

Zeke and Delilah are a beautiful couple that is destined to be from their first encounter. But due to some circumstances they are separated for 5 years. Zeke feels that he does not deserve Delilah and does not want to see her again, uggggg wanted to slap him more than once. I know his concern is always Delilah, but it kills me that he feels he
Mandie
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was one hell of a heart-wrenching angsty second chance romance! It grabs you from the very first page. I am sooo happy I got Zeed! I couldn’t put it down!
Jennifer S
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG.. Harloe Rae just gets better and better with each book she writes. I want to say this is my favorite of the 5 books she has written but Redefining Us will always hold a special place in my heart. I took a chance on buying a book from a new author that I have never heard of on a rec from another authors post. After reading that book (Redefining Us) I had to reach out to this author and tell her how much I loved it ..The sincerity that came from Harloe in response to my messages is so honest ...more
Clare Harrison
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The stars aligned as Zeke moved in next door to the Sage family or so she thought.

But zeke Kruegan is the love that got away, the breaker of hearts and promises, of hope and dreams.

Delilahs innocence morphed into darkness as their encompassing love flies high in the wind reaching out to the unknown.

A lifetime of abuse surrounded Zeke, no freedom no respite.

It was a choice between his girl and his life but can you ever regret something that wasn't really a choice?

I got so emotionally involved i
Miriam
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS SO BLOODY CUTE AND HEART WARMING!

I'm feeling really stressed by uni and this book just made my day. It was such a great second chance story.

Usually I would be like girl don't even think of taking him back but with these two characters, they were meant to be. You can so tell! I got really invested in their love story. Melted my right cynical heart!

The way Zeke has a nickname for Delilah! Damn that was proper cute. And especially when you find out why and how he picked it.

Seriously wou
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
Harloe Rae is so talented and it shows spectacularly in Miss!

Miss is beautiful! This book is the second book in the #BitterSweetHeat series and shows readers excellent range and diversity after the release of Gent earlier this summer. By this I mean, Miss is a sweet, sexy second chance romance while Gent was an enemies-to-lovers romance slightly heavier in angst. And I’ve loved them both for different reasons. Miss can be read as a complete standalone – however I’m always a fan of reading a ser
Julie Ayling
Miss

To be honest I really did love this story but at the same time I was so frustrated beyond frustrated with Zeke ! Omg there is so many times I just wanted to grab that guy and just start shaking him or like hitting him up the side of the head to say stop it... so with that being said I love the story I liked how I got to go back and revisit some old characters that made me laugh which made me laugh even more this time round and I really love this story because it wise a second chance not even
Natasha
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second standalone book in the #bittersweetheat series, following the events after Gent. Reading Gent first isn't required, but definitely recommended.

Miss follows Delilah- the owner of Jitters coffeehouse in the small town of Garden Grove. This is where Delilah has grown up,and where she calls home. But what happens when her past finds her in the form of piercing blue eyes that she hasn't seen in years? With all the memories, broken promises, and false hope, lying between them will
Keri Loves Books
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He thought he was doing the right thing when he left her behind. He never expected that moving on would not be an option because you can't live without your heart.

When Zeke moved to a new neighborhood, they were just middle schooler's, he never expected to meet his forever girl. What started out as a friendship with the girl next door, turned into an all-consuming love.

It's been five years since he left and promised that he would come back for her. He never did. Delilah gave up waiting for him
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
There is something about heroes who believe they don't deserve the heroine that gets me every time. And in this story, with Zeke leaving to build a life for himself and his "Trip", aka Delilah, but failing and having to confront himself with the reality and he wasn't able to give them the life he'd wanted for her, was truly heartwrenching.

I really loved his character and hurt for him because so many times it was clear through his actions and words that he didn't think he was worthy of Delilah, h
Katie Silvi
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Miss is such a fun and exciting read! It has everything you want in a book. The angst, the heartbreak, the second chance and the love. Zeke and Delilah are a very powerful couple. They met as children, loved as teenagers and hurt as adults. The pain in Zekes life is so raw. Coming home was something her never wanted. Wanting Delilah has always been his goal. When he barrels back into Garden Grove all those old feeling come right to the surface. Zeke and Delilahs path is a great one. Harloe Rae h ...more
Megan Wright
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read the story of Zeke and Delilah! And Harloe did not disappoint! She created an epic tale of love and wanting. Your heart aches as you read and you can't but get excited and continue on their crazy journey with them! I couldn't put the book down and loved every minute rooting for Z and wishing Delilah would just fall back in love with him already!
Amy Stephens
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love Harloe Rae. She has such a way with her writing that she sucks you into her stories and doesn't allow you to come up for air until the final pages.

Miss is a fantastic second-chance romantic story. And Zeke, (fans myself), is such a hottie. He's one of my favorite characters that Rae has created. The beginning was so heartbreaking for me with Zeke leaving Delilah. Then, when Zeke finds out his job is taking him back to Garden Grove, I got all kinds of excited because if there ar
Candy
A must read! I couldn't put it down.
Harloe this was a great story of a second chance love story. I loved delilah and Zeke. They have a love that miles or time can't suppress. There's a great sense of humor and some smexy love scenes and a whole Lotta love.
Zeke had a rough life and had to leave but promised he'd be back for her (Delilah). Delilah held on to hope until years passed and Zeke never came back or called. Why would he not come back or call her? Zeke returns and Delilah doesn't believ
Chasidy
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading Miss by Harloe Rae!

Zeke left town years ago to try and make something of himself so he could come back for Delilah. Only one problem, he never made it back until now. Is he to late? What Zeke didn’t realize is he crushed Delilah’s heart and she hasn’t recovered. Can she put their past behind them and move forward or are they doomed from the beginning?

I enjoyed watching Zeke and Delilah’s story unfold. The chemistry between the two is there from the beginning. Miss is a great re
Karen Sedgman
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Always love picking up one off Harloe Rae's books, because she never disappoints! Second chance romance is a favorite trope of mine! Delilah & Zeke's second chance was just that, they were meant to be together and they were sizzling! I have totally been Zeed! And l will Miss this story! Looking forward to Lass Addison & Shane's story!
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Harloe Rae has created such a fantastic small town world with Gard Grove. I love the cast of characters and the dynamics of this place. I just want to pack up and move there.

Zeke and Delilah are second chance romance fun. Witnessing them make their way back to each other is sexy and fun.

I can’t wait for even more from Garden Grove. Each book just shapes up to be better and better
Danielle Robbins
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Miss was such a great read! I loved it alot. It was angsty and emotional at times but a beautiful second chance romance. I loved Delilah, she was sweet and sassy. She is probably my favorite heroine by Harloe. Zeke was so frustrating and I wanted to punch him but I did love him. The love and connection Zeke and Delilah had was passionate and beautiful. They are perfect together. I loved loved Delilah and Raven's friendship. They were hilarious and awesome. Definitely recommend this book!
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Omg I loved this book. Zeke and Deliah love each other hard but Zeke doesn't feel worthy of Deliah so his forced to leave due to his home life but he promises to make a start for him and trip and come make for her, but that didn't go as plan, now work has brought him back and he isn't letting his trip go this time, cause his better with her not without.
Michelle
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. I know I’m in the minority here. I don’t know why this series doesn’t resonate with me, but it doesn’t unfortunately. I didn’t enjoy GENT, and I tried MISS anyway and didn’t enjoy it. It’s almost like you’re told things about the characters and you don’t ever see it or feel it. I’m told Zeke had a rough life. I’m told he loves Delilah. There’s almost “told” conflicts but no resolutions. There’s told relationships but no feelings.

I’m absolutely positive I’m in the minority and this ju
Nicole French
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Miss is super sweet, second-chance romance. Zeke is...oh man, do I love a tortured man, and he fits the bill. But more than that, I LOVE the way he loves Delilah. His determination to win her back at any cost is #goals. We all WISH we could have a man like Zeke coming to take us back.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Holy Sweet Baby Jesus is all I can say...... I wanted to read this book since doing the cover reveal and reading the blurb. I said this is my kind of love story with all the angst in it. Delilah and Zeke just knew they were meant for one another and some stuff went down and Zeke didn't think he deserved Delilah. Zeke never thought he was worthy to be hers and so he did what any scared man does and ran. Never forgetting his girl he thought of her all the time but he just couldn't wrap his mind ar ...more
Andi Isack
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Miss is the proof that love doesn't know what time, distance, excuses, means. Miss is a story for a heartbeat. Miss mixed smiles, hopes, dreams with sadness, tears and doubts. Miss is just the perfect way to say FIGHT FOR YOUR LOVE! Because when your heart belongs to someone there are no, but, or ifs to stand.
Zeke and Trip's story has a sweet and dreamly begging where their love seems enough. But life is not so perfect. Life can be cruel too, Fate can be by your side or against you. And the wor
I love getting swept away by a good book and would consider myself a romance junkie. I've had several stories building in my mind for years so I've decided to try writing them!

I'm married to an amazing man and we have an adorable little boy. They are what makes life worth living. I'm also passionate about horses, reading, blogging, and having fun!

#BitterSweetHeat (2 books)
  • Gent (An Enemies to Lovers Standalone)