Start by marking “Shouldn't Have You (Fractured Connections, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shouldn't Have You (Fractured Connections, #2)

(Fractured Connections #2)

From NYT bestselling author Carrie Ann Ryan, continues a brand new series where second chances don’t come often, and overcoming an unexpected loss means breaking everything you knew.

Harmony Wynham has been many things in her life: daughter, friend, student, lover, wife…and now, widow. Getting past those labels and finding who she could be without them was the hardest thing
ebook
Published May 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Shouldn't Have You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shouldn't Have You

Start your review of Shouldn't Have You (Fractured Connections, #2)
Penny Reid
May 21, 2019 marked it as to-read

Find it Here!

I've been many things in my life: daughter, friend, student, lover, wife…and now, widow. Getting past those labels and finding who I could be without them was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Meghan March

Rachel Dyken

Nadine Bookaholic
Harmony has had a rough go of it the last few years first with the accidental death of her husband, Moyer, and then with the suicide of one of her best friends, Allison, a few months earlier, it's time for things to start going her way, don't you think! Well, I for one do and I couldn't be happier with the person that helps her move on to happier times.

Brendon had a rough childhood but was adopted into a wonderful family with Jack and Rose as his loving parents, even though he was always ready f
Ilsa Madden-Mills

K. Bromberg

Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
It was the blurb that piqued my interest in reading this story and also because I had never read a book by this author before.

Harmony was widowed two years ago when her husband died in a tragic accident. Ever since then she has been slowly putting back the pieces of her life and trying to find a new ‘normal’ for herself. She knows that Moyer would have wanted her to eventually move on and find happiness again so she is finally ready to dip her toe into the dating world.

It would be an understate
Julia Kent

Kennedy Ryan

Every time I look at him, I see a past, I see a present, and I’m afrai
Meghan Quinn

Louise Bay

Sissy's Romance Book Review
Shouldn't Have You by Carrie Ann Ryan is book Two in the Fractured Connections Series. This is the story of Harmony Wynham and Brendon Connolly. I haven't yet read the previous book, so for me this was a standalone book.
Harmony and Brendon were friends before Harmony married Moyer. Three actually become very close and Brendon considered Moyer a great friend also. But then Moyer was killed in a tragic accident that Brendon feels some guilt over. Harmony has been trying to deal with her husband's
Willow Winters

Britt The Hatters
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whew! Talk about emotional. This book is a complete roller coaster of heavy emotion that pulls you right in. Grief, trauma, love, strength and healing are all woven so tightly into Brendon and Harmony’s story giving it a depth that really takes ahold of your heart and makes it a book that sticks with you.
Harmony and Brendon are both battling some serious demons. Between the loss of her husband and his friend, the loss of another mutual friend, and Brendon’s traumatic childhood there’s A LOT of
Darcy
This pains me to say it because I really like this author, but I really thing this series isn't for me. I thought the last book was blah and this one was the same. Sure I felt bad for Harmony and Brendon for the bad things that happened in their lives, but the chemistry between them wasn't there for me. ...more
Jessica Hawkins

April Symes
Shouldn't Have You by Carrie Ann Ryan is book 2 in the "Fractured Connections" series. This is Harmony Wynham and Brendon Connolly story.
We read and see that Harmony was widowed 2 years ago when she lost her husband in a tragic accident. Then to top it off, she lost her best friend to suicide a few months back. Harmony is really not having an easy time of late. She is slowly trying to put her life back together which includes dating again. But to say her entrance into the dating scene was somet
Natalie
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Fractured Connections series. Three friends Violet, Harmony, and Sienna are learning to live without their fourth, Alison, after her passing. At the same time the Connelly brothers Cameron, Brendon, and Aiden are learning to save a bar, be brothers again, and add a forth into the mix, all while grieving Alison’s loss and trying to help the girls keep going.

Harmony has already lost one love in her life, and is only just starting to try and date again but the dating
Gina
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This second book in Ryan's Fractured Connections series follows the same sad and heart wrenching trend established in book 1 - a group of girlfriends who are grieving a friend's suicide, a group of brothers separated by backstory circumstances but reunited by the death of their foster parents, and then each individual member of each group who is dealing with their own health or tragic circumstances. Let me tell you...it's a lot to take in. That being said, I liked this one significantly better t ...more
Renee Entress
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. This story will pull you in and keep you turning the pages. The story has pain, grief, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Breaking Without You (Fractured Connections #1)

This is Harmony and Brendon’s story. Harmony has lost a lot in her life. She is trying to move forward but it’s hard. He friend Brendon helps but no only does she see in him what she lost she see more but should she? She
Kristi Metcalf
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader’s Copy of this book

Hope you have your tissues handy for this one folks because you will need them!
Next up in our Fractured Connections group is Harmony and Brendon.
Harmony, at such a young age, has now dealt with two huge losses; the sudden death of her husband and now the death of one of her best friends.
Brendon and Harmony were friends in school, her husband was his business partner, and they are learning to be friends again.
Brendon is someone who di
Danielle S.
Harmony & Brendon are childhood friends. Even through (her) marriage and loss of her husband, Brendon’s friend. Now, years later she’s ready to move forward. She’s lonely, ready for companionship & intimacy again. Never did she think she’d find that in her best friend.

Brendon has grown to love Harmony over the years since she lost her husband. Not exactly sure when it happened, but now that it has he’s struggling to keep those feelings hidden.

Eventually they reveal themselves and it is a beaut
Tanja OMGReads
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
I'm not sure if I ever read a book that felt more real to me. It showed how sometimes you have the right person in front of you but just can't see her/him for what they are and mean to you. I loved the way the story progressed and how they slowly started to be aware of each other. They're both damaged and have to fight to keep their heads above the water but with the help of their friends and family they manage to be strong and present.

This story was a beautiful slow burn that made me really ha
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Harmony and Brendon are both dealing with a tragic loss. Harmony lost her husband at the same time Brendon lost his best friend. It’s been a tough road as they both try to pick up the pieces and move on with their lives. They have always found comfort in each other’s friendship. Should they take it to the next level? Will it jeopardize their friendship if they do? As the reader, you will see how difficult it can be to move on from the loss of a spouse. Carrie Ann includes all sorts of emotions i ...more
Jessica Alcazar
I'm not ready to do a full review, but I can tell you that I am very middle of the road with this story .....

Okay, so here’s the thing *sigh* this book had big shoes to fill. Huge. It’s not the book’s fault, but for me, Breaking Without You, the first in this series, set the bar really high. It set the bar high not only for the series, but also for the individual people in these stories. Based on my read of that book, and what I already knew of Harmony and Brendon, I should have had ridiculous #
Megan Klose
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Brendan and Harmony. They have known each other and been friends since they were younger. Harmony was married to Moyer who unfortunately has passed away. He was also friends with Brendan and worked with him as well. When Harmony was married, Brendan didn’t have feelings other then friendship for her. Now Harmony is a different person. After loosing someone you love it changes you. She has just started to put herself back out there and go on a a few dates. Brendan doesn’t know if he shoul ...more
Buffy Mitchell
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haven't read this as it isn't out yet. But just reading what it's about gave me goose bumps. Sounds so very good! ...more
Ashley K
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shouldn't Have You is an amazing read, it pulled at my heart strings so much. Harmony is such a strong woman she lost her husband but pushes through and doesn't let it over take her. She uses her friends to lean on and show that you can have a life and love after loss.

Brendon internalizes so much like a lot of men do. I liked that you really get a glimpse inside his mental struggle and negative feelings he has towards himself. You see this want and need to be a better man but he doesn't realize
Debbie
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in Carrie Ann Ryan's series Fractured Connections. This story is about Harmony and Brendon. These two have known each other since they were kids. They have been the best of friends. They lost contact for a while. Each one going along and dealing with life. They are brought together with the lost of a friend. This isn't the first loss of a loved one for Harmony. She's a widow. Brendon was even friends with Harmony's deceased husband. Harmony is trying to figure out who she is ...more
Desiree Mivelaz Johnson
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love how she can take such a sad subject and make it funny. This book touched every aspect of my heart.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Love (Men of Inked: Southside, #5)
  • Dare To Stay (Dare Nation)
  • Kneel Down (Nailed Down, #3)
  • Slow Ride (Powertools: Hot Rides #2)
  • Spark
  • Take Me Down (The Knight Brothers, #2)
  • Bayou Dreaming (Butterfly Bayou, #3)
  • Ignite (Men of Inked: Heatwave #5)
  • The Gritty Truth (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #7)
  • Wrecked Intel (Immortal Outcasts #4)
  • Code Name: Sentinel (Jameson Force Security, #2)
  • More Than Dare You (More Than Words, #6)
  • A Little Bit Wicked (The Wickeds: Dark Knights at Bayside, #1)
  • Submission Impossible (Masters & Mercenaries: Reloaded, #1)
  • Enchanted (Masters and Mercenaries, #18.5)
  • Bayou Baby (Butterfly Bayou #2)
  • Dare to Play (Dare Nation, #3)
  • Perky
Carrie Ann Ryan is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary, paranormal, and young adult romance. Her works include the Montgomery Ink, Talon Pack, Promise Me, and Elements of Five series, which have sold millions of books worldwide. She's the winner of a RT Book of the Year and a Prism Award in her genres. She started writing while in graduate school for her advanced de ...more

Fractured Connections (4 books)
  • Breaking Without You (Fractured Connections, #1)
  • Falling With You (Fractured Connections, #3)
  • Taken With You (Fractured Connections, #4)