Start by marking “In the Requiem (Metahuman Files, #5)” as Want to Read:
In the Requiem (Metahuman Files, #5)

In the Requiem

(Metahuman Files #5)

Never let go.

Weighed down by scandal, Captain Jamie Callahan must choose between saving his family’s reputation and his father’s political aspirations, or taking down the enemy once and for all. Choosing one over the other will have lasting repercussions he can’t escape. Whatever path Jamie ultimately picks, Staff Sergeant Kyle Brannigan will be right by his side to face th
Published May 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about In the Requiem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Requiem

Start your review of In the Requiem (Metahuman Files, #5)
Shile
Memories Left By the Wayside

description

Infinity stars for this series

I can’t believe it is over. What an amazing ride.

description

In the Requiem is the amazing book finale in the Metahuman Files series. The year is 2086, global warming happened, and we have Metahumans as a result of a chemical bomb called Splice.class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Infinity
Simone
"In moments of pain, we seek revenge."
~Ami Ayalon~

In the fifth and last full-length installment in the Metahuman Files, Alpha Team and I geared up for the last stand, for the revenge of their archnemesis being about to happen...

Well, I had the easy job here. I just had to roll up my sleeves and dust off the voodoo doll I was sure I would need again this time because dread was hanging in the air right from the start and Hailey Turner always makes good on her promise to put not only her heroes through thappen...
Wendy
4.5-stars.png (600×117)

I can't believe we have reached the end of this amazing series.... I have been a huge Hailey fan, ever since I opened book one and she introduced me to the world of sci fi...a world I promised myself I would never enjoy reading about.. Guess I was wrong...Shocker I know, but it does happen at times https://www.google.com/search?q=emoticons

4.5-stars.png (600×117)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor I was wrong gif

Now let me start by saying, that you will need to read these books in order, because they have a continuing storyline...Yep, even I did it and we all know how much I love reading shit out of order :P . If you haven't started this series yet, you should definitely give it a go. Just make sure you start with "In the Wreckage" I can honestly say that this author is the bomb when it comes to worldbuilding !!

I am not gonna go into the whole plot of the series, I am just gonna try and lure you all in with the promise of hot, sexy, mutated alpha men, some delicious steam, friendship and family, humor, heartbreak, suspense and action. All rolled into one awesome series !!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor convinced ? gif

This is the fifth book in the series, and if you thought she would take it easier on her readers, because it's the last novel....you were wrong !!! Boy does she love fucking with her readers https://www.google.com/search?q=emoticons  They still love her anyways though https://www.google.com/search?q=emoticons

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor readers tears

I don't want to go into the storyline of this one too much though, because that would spoiler it for those who are anxiously waiting to read this one. I am definitely of the opinion that these books should be read spoilerfree. So you are not getting much more from me...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor so sorry not sorry gif

I am sad to say goodbye to this series, and I am gonna miss Jamie and Kyle & Alexei & Sean and all the other wonderful members of the team. And I hope/know there might still be some novella's on the way....maybe... I am also very excited to see what Hailey has in store for us next. I know she is planning on doing something completely different, but I don't mind begging her to at least consider writing Liam's story in the future !!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor begging gif

(I know she won't be able to resist those big cat eyes)

I highly recommend this series for those who love some action in their romance...or some romance in their action :P

coollogo_com-304632246 coollogo_com-9102879

My reviews are posted on DirtyBooksObsession

logo blog rev

Follow Us on➦wr frtwrtrrinr

Anne Boleyn's Ghost
It took me awhile to read this. Not because it wasn’t the utterly riveting and scorching thrill ride that I expect from Hailey Turner’s Metahuman Files series. It was all that, and more. But because life has been busy lately, and instead of reading in my spare time, I’ve been watching A LOT of basketball....

It is canon that Alpha Team likes basketball (or, at the very least, fills out playoff brackets). Hence my fangirling is
Christelle
3 stars for the whole series and 3 stars for this last instalment. Not a standalone : this is a continuing series and this is the final act for this Metahuman military team in saving this futuristic world against an evil terrorist.

It’s fast paced, full of action and with both the main couples, ie Jamie & Kyle and Alexei & Sean (my favorites : book 3 “In the Shadows” was mostly focused on them, and oh boy, I got such a rush with that book). I did have a great time with them as
Cadiva
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the stars - see them, all of them and then some. I want to give this book more than just the five stars here because it couldn't have been a more perfect ending to this series if it tried.

description

Any book which gives me both a hot flush (and oh boy, the encounters in this one are especially volcanic) and can turn me into an emotionally wrecked, limp a
Nazanin ex-Profile
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just wish the author would just stop being so redundant in every book. *sigh* It's a series not a standalone so I don't know why there are so many repeated explanations about previous situations, relationships, missions, etc. Needless to say, I skipped so many pages, half of the book was just explanations about what happened in the previous books. Meh. Thank god for Alexei and Sean though. I'd love to read another book focused on their relationship. 💕
Ariana
This is definitely a worthy end to a fabulous series.
What I loved:

.) Different POV from Jamie, Kyle, Alexei and Sean. It really hit the spot and is very well done.

.) The balance between romance and action is just right. It was sheer joy to see how the relationship between the men developed and matured.

.) Both couples are highly enjoyable to read. However when it comes to heat - Jamie and Kyle are tops. Hailey Turner writes some of the best sex scenes in
Denise H.
**** Earth: 2286 **** This is a roaring, action packed, and a whopping sexual tale from our delicious Metahuman Defense Forces we have loved.
We see them maneuver through a Senate inquiry, the invasion of a Chateau on the Seine, (including an exploding yacht), and later a massive attack on Washington D.C..

I like the tough hard core Marine Sniper, Kyle, "Reaper", who is Marine Commander Jamie "Apollo" Callahan's sub/partner. Jamie is a strong, deeply devoted man, to his partner, family and country.

In their B
haletostilinski
description

I'm crying happy and sad tears after finishing this.

Damn, Turner really puts us through the wringer in this. It's the last book in this series, or at least last full length novel, and Turner does not pull any punches.

She gives us the happy times, the sexy times, the tense times, the utterly heartbreaking times, and the action packed times. She gives us it all.

This continues a few months after Sean and Alexei's short story, Out of the Ashes left off, and for this we go back to alternating POV's of Jamie, Kyle, Sean and Alexei. A
~Volha~
This was by far the most nerve-wracking but in a good way book of the series. It was thrilling, passionate and magnificent! I loved it. In the beginning I was sad that it would be over but by the time I finished it I could say with assurance that any more books with this characters as MCs would have been overkill. It ended so well and tied up all the loose ends and left nothing unresolved.

Both couples went through tough time and came out stronger and even more in love than before. I loved how S
Joyfully Jay
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

This is the fifth, and final, book in the Metahuman Files series and I’ll admit I was both incredibly eager to read it and worried at the same time. A final book needs to be so many things, and while I had confidence in Turner’s ability, that didn’t stop me from being a touch…apprehensive.

But I needn’t have worried. Once again, the world building is outstanding in this novel. New things come into play and fit so seamlessly with the world the author has
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
I love the ease of this world🍃✨

I love these characters so much. But, what Jaime did to Kyle even for good, I simply did not like. But, I loved that there was so much sweetness and adventure inside this book. Not to mention the structure, the multiple POV and the plot...smexy done sexy, and.....sigh.... this just simply put was a fantastic read.

Santy
What a fitting end to an awesome series!

The story took me from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows, and still managed to give our characters solid HEAs.

I'll write a more thorough review when I can but if you are on the fence about reading this, just do it! You will NOT regret it!!!
Alex
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, military, sci-fi
PERFECTION. This whole series is just PERFECTION!

It has everything. Action, Love. Friendship. More Love. More Action. SUPERHEROES..
The writing is flawless from start to finish... I honestly can't find something I didn't love here.

The characters are HIGHLY lovable. All of them. Even the secondary ones.
The 2 couples that we follow.
First Jamie and Kyle. A bit of a D/Sub relationship here but not so much as I am not a big fan of that and I adored these 2. VERY HOT!! Very intense.
And Alexei and Sean. So sweet and adorable. Both of them. Just as m
Parvathy
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
5 Stars!

In the Requiem is the spectacular finale to the Metahuman Files series. What started in In the wreckage comes to a spell binding conclusion which is action packed, tender, gut wrenching and unbelievably mesmerizing.

This book is everything and more than I expected. There is a beautiful love story, there is plenty of action, there is suspense and it all comes together to make this book one hell of an amazing ride that will leave you breathless for more. I fell more in love wi
Amy Aislin
Nice finale to this series by Hailey! I loved re-visiting these characters and seeing them get their HEA. The entire series was a fun ride and I loved going along with them.

Five and a half books later, and I'm not gonna lie: I can't keep the characters' code names straight, and I can't remember who seldom-mentioned side characters are (think Kyle and Alexei's family, as well as other metahumans we see little of but who randomly pop up once in a while). In this way I sometimes found i
Denise
5 Stars

I am...not okay?!?! Hailey Turner, are you trying to rip my heart out? 😭 RTC
Kim the Strange
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good

What a great ending to a great series. I’m sad to let these guys go! But I look forward to anything else Hailey writes.

~nikki the recovering book addict
Wow!!

This was filled to the brim with action! I love it!! I just don’t know if this means it’s the end of the series or if more will be coming? Does anyone know???

Anyways, I’m so glad I tried to read this series and finally broke the barrier in book 1. I have no idea what kept putting me off but I’m glad I made it through this time. Sure, the precog abilities has me shaking my head going “I don’t think that’s how it works” but it’s the author’s work and book and prerogative to ta
John-Torleif  Harris
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That was AWESOME!!!!

I can't say enough good about this book. I'm sad that this is the end, but it was an amazing ride. I haven't openly cried because of a story in a while, but this book certainly made me do it.

I loved that we got to see Aleksei and Sean were able to heal from their ordeal in the last book. I loved that Jaime and Kyle were able to be stronger than ever, despite all of the obstacles in their way. I loved that Team Alpha was able to find the solution to the people attack
Diane Dannenfeldt
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so sad that this is the last full length novel in this series. I also have to say, Liam needs a book, he needs his HEA. This book tore me up. The build up to the final battle kept me on the edge of my seat. The battle shredded me. I cried when the first thing happened (no you need to read it for yourself). I cried ugly messy tears when the scene after the battle happened cause Ms Turner is just plan mean. When we find out the truth, I cried tears of joy. I hope that there will be novellas f ...more
Jenn (not Lily)
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku
I cried. Oh my, how I cried. Absolutely perfect and devastating and wonderful. Alexei and Sean make me giddy -- I love how different their styles are yet how well they work together. Wish we got to see more of Katie and Matthew or Donovan and Gracie, but they're not what this series is about, so...oh well. Although I'd also happily read about Liam on the prowl -- maybe with Gilbert?! Or not -- there's still the 7 year gap between them. Kyle and Jamie. My heart just aches for them. Sigh. Sniff... ...more
Elsbeth

*4.5 stars*

I've loved this series. The different POV's worked for me perfectly in this installment. Loved Jamie's chosen family. They were all great characters. Kyle scared the living daylight out of me. Loved all the special abilities these Metahumans had. Expecially Sean's phasing. How cool is that???

It was just great.

Christi Snow
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A++ review...warning: ugly, sobbing tears throughout this one, but dang it was good. This entire series is PHENOMENAL. I HIGHLY recommend it! And yes, you need to read every single book in this series...you won't regret it (Note: they were so good that I read #3, #3.5, #4, #4.5, and book #5 all within a 36 hour period. I love it when I can binge a series like that, but now I have a HUGE book hangover.)

Seriously, pick these books up if you haven't read them!
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★★ ~ 5 Stars - Overall Series Rating
Our series concludes with the most action-packed book in the series (and you know, every book has been pretty action-packed!).

Bad guys, actions and consequences, angst, couples pairing off, it's all there! If you've made it to Book 4, you owe it to yourself to finish the series. You won't be disappointed.

Author note: I've read both series available from Turner and they've kept me interested and on the edge of the seat. Kudos! ...more
Claudia
wow, just WOW!

this book had me biting my nails, crying, laughing and hoping ... and some of these scenes are really hard. Hailey Turner took their heros through the winger
(view spoiler) ...more
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
This was rough...

As a military brat and ex USMC wife I can tell you, war is not heroic. It is not John Wayne movies.

Hailey does an amazing job of showing the carnage war really is and the physical & emotional wounds left.

Parts of this book brought me to tears & parts made me cheer.

This entire series is not an easy read but it is worth it.
iam
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, lgbtqia, unlimited
Reread May 2019: I said it before and I'll say it again: great finale for a great series.

Content warnings include: extreme violence, terrorism, kidnapping, hostage situation, friendly fire, character death scare, sex on-page, BDSM.

Not perfect by any means, but entertaining and emotional with a big cast of likeable characters and action-heavy complex plot. I found the ultimate ending a bit lacking in details in some areas, but I still greatly enjoyed it.
What bothered me/>
Lee Todd
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Un-freaking-believable!! This book is the 5th in the series and once again it was hit out of the ballpark awesome, with plenty of twists, bad guys, sexy times and angst. A truly brilliant series ending that was wrapped up perfectly.
Hailey knows how to write...and how to break you with her writing!
The THING will have you in tears (which she proudly collects in her author mug...she is EVIL!!!)
This has been a favourite series for me right from the start. I've re-read it several ti
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Enemy Within (The Executive Office #3)
  • Five Minutes Longer (Enhanced, #1)
  • Husbands for Peace
  • Inversion Point (Chaos Station, #4)
  • Penal Station 05 (With This Mark, #1)
  • Tried & True (THIRDS, #10)
  • Velvet Glove: Volume I
  • Choices (Golden Collar, #1)
  • Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)
  • Where Willows Won't Grow
  • Something New Under the Sun (Falling Sky #2)
  • The Wild Side of Paddy McGuire (Tales from the Wild Side)
  • Manhandled
  • The Alpha Pack (The Alpha Pack #1-6)
  • Human Omega: Trapped in the Alien Jungle (Pykh #2)
  • Model Investigator (Haven Investigations, #3)
  • 17 Black and 29 Red (Stockholm Syndrome, #2)
  • Lovegames (Queen City #2)
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future project

Metahuman Files (5 books)
  • In the Wreckage (Metahuman Files, #1)
  • In the Ruins (Metahuman Files, #2)
  • In the Shadows (Metahuman Files, #3)
  • In the Blood (Metahuman Files, #4)