Start by marking “In the Requiem (Metahuman Files, #5)” as Want to Read:
In the Requiem (Metahuman Files, #5)

In the Requiem

(Metahuman Files #5)

Never let go.

Weighed down by scandal, Captain Jamie Callahan must choose between saving his family’s reputation and his father’s political aspirations, or taking down the enemy once and for all. Choosing one over the other will have lasting repercussions he can’t escape. Whatever path Jamie ultimately picks, Staff Sergeant Kyle Brannigan will be right by his side to face
Published May 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about In the Requiem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Requiem

Start your review of In the Requiem (Metahuman Files, #5)
Shile
Reread - September 2020

Audiobook - 5+++++ eargasms stars courtesy of Greg Boudreaux

Thank you my lovely Simone for this Audiobook gift.

*****************************************
Memories Left By the Wayside

description

Infinity stars for this series

I can’t believe it is over. What an amazing ride.

description

In the Requiem is the amazing book finale in the Metahuman Files series. The year is 2086, global warming happened, and we have Metahumans as a result of a chemical bomb called Splice. The series follows the MDF Alph
Simone
"In moments of pain, we seek revenge."
~Ami Ayalon~

In the fifth and last full-length installment in the Metahuman Files, Alpha Team and I geared up for the last stand, for the revenge of their archnemesis being about to happen...

Well, I had the easy job here. I just had to roll up my sleeves and dust off the voodoo doll I was sure I would need again this time because dread was hanging in the air right from the start and Hailey Turner always makes good on her pro
Wendys Wycked Words
4.5-stars.png (600×117)

I can't believe we have reached the end of this amazing series.... I have been a huge Hailey fan, ever since I opened book one and she introduced me to the world of sci fi...a world I promised myself I would never enjoy reading about.. Guess I was wrong...Shocker I know, but it does happen at times https://www.google.com/search?q=emoticons

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor I was wrong gif

Now let me start by saying, that you will need to read these books in order, because they have a continuing storyline...Yep, even I did it and we all know how much I love reading shit out of order :P
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
It took me awhile to read this. Not because it wasn’t the utterly riveting and scorching thrill ride that I expect from Hailey Turner’s Metahuman Files series. It was all that, and more. But because life has been busy lately, and instead of reading in my spare time, I’ve been watching A LOT of basketball....

It is canon that Alpha Team likes basketball (or, at the very least, fills out playoff brackets). Hence my fangirling is completely justified. GO CAVS!

When I finished In the Requiem, I felt s
Christelle
3 stars for the whole series and 3 stars for this last instalment. Not a standalone : this is a continuing series and this is the final act for this Metahuman military team in saving this futuristic world against an evil terrorist.

It’s fast paced, full of action and with both the main couples, ie Jamie & Kyle and Alexei & Sean (my favorites : book 3 “In the Shadows” was mostly focused on them, and oh boy, I got such a rush with that book). I did have a great time with them as couples : they are
Cadiva
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the stars - see them, all of them and then some. I want to give this book more than just the five stars here because it couldn't have been a more perfect ending to this series if it tried.

description

Any book which gives me both a hot flush (and oh boy, the encounters in this one are especially volcanic) and can turn me into an emotionally wrecked, limp as a tea towel pathetic mess, almost sobbing while raging at the author at the same time, is more than a win in my book.

Stories, and series' like this o
Barbara➰
Holy shit! I have put off this last book because after bingeing on the rest of the series, I needed a break from the nonstop action. You keep wondering if these guys will ever catch a break and the bad guys brought to justice. There's a reason why I don't watch action movies. My poor heart can't take it.

At one point, I was literally sobbing. Like after all of this, this is how it's going to end? But fear not, things take a turn for the better and each couple gets the HEA they deserve even as it
Ariana
This is definitely a worthy end to a fabulous series.
What I loved:

.) Different POV from Jamie, Kyle, Alexei and Sean. It really hit the spot and is very well done.

.) The balance between romance and action is just right. It was sheer joy to see how the relationship between the men developed and matured.

.) Both couples are highly enjoyable to read. However when it comes to heat - Jamie and Kyle are tops. Hailey Turner writes some of the best sex scenes in the genre.

.) The action part was 'simpler'
Nazanin ex-Profile
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just wish the author would just stop being so redundant in every book. *sigh* It's a series not a standalone so I don't know why there are so many repeated explanations about previous situations, relationships, missions, etc. Needless to say, I skipped so many pages, half of the book was just explanations about what happened in the previous books. Meh. Thank god for Alexei and Sean though. I'd love to read another book focused on their relationship. 💕 ...more
Denise H.
**** Earth: 2286 **** This is a roaring, action packed, and a whopping sexual tale from our delicious Metahuman Defense Forces we have loved.
We see them maneuver through a Senate inquiry, the invasion of a Chateau on the Seine, (including an exploding yacht), and later a massive attack on Washington D.C..

I like the tough hard core Marine Sniper, Kyle, "Reaper", who is Marine Commander Jamie "Apollo" Callahan's sub/partner. Jamie is a strong, deeply devoted man, to his partner, family and count
haletostilinski
description

I'm crying happy and sad tears after finishing this.

Damn, Turner really puts us through the wringer in this. It's the last book in this series, or at least last full length novel, and Turner does not pull any punches.

She gives us the happy times, the sexy times, the tense times, the utterly heartbreaking times, and the action packed times. She gives us it all.

This continues a few months after Sean and Alexei's short story, Out of the Ashes left off, and for this we go back to alternating POV's
W.

Overall  : 4 stars
Performance  : 5 stars
Story : 4 stars
Reviewed: 12-21-19

With In the Requiem, book 5 , in the Metahumans Files , Hailey Turner ends her thrilling, action adventure , hot AF , MM , Sci-fi Romance .

A fitting, exhilarating, gut-wrenching, heart -rending, explosive conclusion ; swooning , well deserved HEA for all couples and very satisfying , hot AF , romantic epilogues.

Greg Boud
Denise
5 Stars

I really wish I wrote a review as soon as I finished it but this book was amazing. It fking gutted me and ripped my heart out. I bawled like a baby at two in the morning while reading this and could NOT put it down. The emotional impact that the story had on me is unexplainable. I was an emotional wreck but holy fck is Hailey Turner talented.

This series became a surprising favorite of mine and I cannot wait to fully re-read it one day, not including all the times I've re-read my favorite
Gerbera_Reads
This was by far the most nerve-wracking but in a good way book of the series. It was thrilling, passionate and magnificent! I loved it. In the beginning I was sad that it would be over but by the time I finished it I could say with assurance that any more books with this characters as MCs would have been overkill. It ended so well and tied up all the loose ends and left nothing unresolved.

Both couples went through tough time and came out stronger and even more in love than before. I loved how S
Caz
I've given this an A+ for narration and an A- for content at AudioGals - for some reason I forgot to post this review when it originally appeared back in February 2020.

Joyfully Jay
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

This is the fifth, and final, book in the Metahuman Files series and I’ll admit I was both incredibly eager to read it and worried at the same time. A final book needs to be so many things, and while I had confidence in Turner’s ability, that didn’t stop me from being a touch…apprehensive.

But I needn’t have worried. Once again, the world building is outstanding in this novel. New things come into play and fit so seamlessly with the world the author has created. Worl
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧

No, no I did not.

I did not expect Jamie to do that.
Santy
What a fitting end to an awesome series!

The story took me from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows, and still managed to give our characters solid HEAs.

I'll write a more thorough review when I can but if you are on the fence about reading this, just do it! You will NOT regret it!!!
Alex
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, military, sci-fi
PERFECTION. This whole series is just PERFECTION!

It has everything. Action, Love. Friendship. More Love. More Action. SUPERHEROES..
The writing is flawless from start to finish... I honestly can't find something I didn't love here.

The characters are HIGHLY lovable. All of them. Even the secondary ones.
The 2 couples that we follow.
First Jamie and Kyle. A bit of a D/Sub relationship here but not so much as I am not a big fan of that and I adored these 2. VERY HOT!! Very intense.
And Alexei and Sea
Amy Aislin
Nice finale to this series by Hailey! I loved re-visiting these characters and seeing them get their HEA. The entire series was a fun ride and I loved going along with them.

Five and a half books later, and I'm not gonna lie: I can't keep the characters' code names straight, and I can't remember who seldom-mentioned side characters are (think Kyle and Alexei's family, as well as other metahumans we see little of but who randomly pop up once in a while). In this way I sometimes found it confusing
Elsbeth

*4.5 stars*

I've loved this series. The different POV's worked for me perfectly in this installment. Loved Jamie's chosen family. They were all great characters. Kyle scared the living daylight out of me. Loved all the special abilities these Metahumans had. Expecially Sean's phasing. How cool is that???

It was just great.

Caz
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've given this an A+ for narration and an A- for content at AudioGals

Oh. My. God. Hailey Turner pulls out all the stops in this, the final** instalment of her military/futuristic Metahumans Files series, bringing the overarching storyline to a thrilling, high-stakes close… but not without leaving a couple of unanswered questions that leave the door ajar for future stories. And it will come as no surprise when I say that Greg Boudreaux – who has done some truly incredible work throughout the
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
Wow! I am going to miss this series and it will be one that I definitely re-read. I don't want to say too much about this book because it's one you want to be surprised while reading. Also this is a series you need to read in order so if you haven't started what are you waiting for? Start - but start with book 1 - In The Wreckage.

This book had everything I love in a book - Fantastic characters you are rooting for, tons of action, a villain you love to hate, a plot that keeps you guessing because
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★★ ~ 5 Stars - Overall Series Rating
Our series concludes with the most action-packed book in the series (and you know, every book has been pretty action-packed!).

Bad guys, actions and consequences, angst, couples pairing off, it's all there! If you've made it to Book 4, you owe it to yourself to finish the series. You won't be disappointed.

Author note: I've read both series available from Turner and they've kept me interested and on the edge of the seat. Kudos!
Kirstin
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audio Review

15 Stars and then some.

I have not read this series. This was the first book and I was fine. It was obvious that there were couples who were involved, but I still absolutely LOVED this book.

I will admit, at first I thought I may have gotten in over my head, but after the world building was understood, the story just had me mesmerized. And it's a long one, but SOOOOO incredibly worth it.

There were multiple story lines, but all related. Separate couples, all tied together by their mili
Athira
Oct 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, awesome-series
Phew! This book put me through a whole range of emotions. I have said it before and I'm going to say it again: The author is really MEAN! Did we really deserve all that pain??!! But I do trust her, so even though I was was put through the wringer, I had absolute faith.

This is the fifth book in Metahuman Files and I keep falling in love with the characters and the writing. The author is so talented that I feel like I'm experiencing every scene. Like the previous book, we follow both Jaime & Kyle
Kim the Strange
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good

What a great ending to a great series. I’m sad to let these guys go! But I look forward to anything else Hailey writes.

Jacq ~
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Action filled, and totally enjoyable.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Enchanter's Heart (The Ellwood Chronicles #4)
  • The Necromancer's Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #2)
  • The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)
  • Of Secrets and Wolves (Winsford Shifters #1)
  • Of Betrayal and Monsters (Winsford Shifters, #2)
  • Jon's Boom Shaka Laka Problem (Jon’s Mysteries, #4)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
  • Blood (Scales 'N' Spells, #3)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Werewolves of Boston #1)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • The Fantastic Fluke (The Fantastic Fluke, #1)
  • Wish (Scales 'N' Spells #2.5)
  • Treasured
  • Wormwood Summer (San Amaro Investigations, #1)
  • One Bite With a Vampire (Hidden Species #2)
  • How to Lure a Hunter (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #3)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Hailey Turner is big city girl who spoils her cats rotten and has a demanding day job that she loves, but not as much as she loves writing. She’s been writing since she was a young child and enjoys reading almost as much as creating a new story. Hailey loves stories with lots of action, gritty relationships, and an eventual HEA that satisfies the heart.

You can keep up with Hailey's future project

Metahuman Files (6 books)
  • In the Wreckage (Metahuman Files, #1)
  • In the Ruins (Metahuman Files, #2)
  • In the Shadows (Metahuman Files, #3)
  • In the Blood (Metahuman Files, #4)
  • In the Solace (Metahuman Files #6)

News & Interviews