Start by marking “No Way Out (DI Adam Fawley, #3)” as Want to Read:
No Way Out (DI Adam Fawley, #3)

No Way Out

(DI Adam Fawley #3)

DID YOU SEE ANYTHING ON THE NIGHT THE ESMOND FAMILY WERE MURDERED?

From the author of Close to Home and In the Dark comes the third pulse-pounding DI Fawley crime thriller.

It's one of the most disturbing cases DI Fawley has ever worked.

The Christmas holidays, and two children have just been pulled from the wreckage of their burning home in North Oxford. The toddler is dead,
Published February 21st 2019 by Penguin (first published 2019)

To ask other readers questions about No Way Out, please sign up.
Liis Konovalov I reccommend reading them in right order, I started with this one and the beginning was really hard to gasp and confusing due to references to previou…moreI reccommend reading them in right order, I started with this one and the beginning was really hard to gasp and confusing due to references to previous books.(less)

Start your review of No Way Out (DI Adam Fawley, #3)
Maureen
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
*4.5 stars*

With all the elements that we’ve come to expect for an excellent police procedural, Cara Hunter’s, ‘No Way Out’ looks like another sure fire winner for this gifted author.

It’s the third in the series, and this particular story begins at the scene of a house fire in North Oxford. Two children are pulled from the wreckage of the fire - three year old Zachary is already dead and his older brother Matty is in a critical state, and the prognosis isn’t good. It looks like the children were
Peter
Resolute
No Way Out is Cara Hunter’s third book in the DI Adam Fawley series and it is every bit as captivating and clever as the others. Cara’s style is refreshing and excitingly modern, with content added to the narrative in the form of emails, social-media chatter, news boards and interview transcriptions. I found it a more effective impact to create the impression that major and essential information was driven from a news source or police report. The use of these techniques is handled throug
Paromjit
Cara Hunter's fast paced crime fiction, the third in the DI Adam Fawley series, with Thames Valley Police set in Oxford, is hugely compelling reading. In what is now her trademark style of including phone calls, emails, interviews, news websites and social media in the narrative, she provides a style that works brilliantly in immersing the reader in the story. In this police procedural, DI Fawley takes a more backseat role, and for good reason, he is an emotional wreck as a schism has opened wit ...more
NZLisaM
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another first-rate domestic noir police procedural from an author who never disappoints.

23 Southey Road – once home to a family of four – now lies in ruins due to a horrific overnight house fire. Two young boys have been found inside – one dead, the other fighting for his life in intensive care. Worst still, the parent's are nowhere to be found, and the family car is missing. If that's not bad enough, everything about the fire points to arson. What kind of monster would set fire to a house with
Amanda
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
After only just reading “ In the dark” by Cara Hunter I was delighted, no let’s be honest I was over the moon to get the opportunity to review this book from Netgalley in exchange for a copy.

A very chilling start with a house fire and the fire brigade searching for the family. so descriptive I actually felt like I was there experiencing the heat of the fire!!

At the start this seems to be a simple case, but no Cara Hunter keeps us guessing with plenty of twists and red herrings along the way.

Thi
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: We have our first meeting at three. Somer has only just got back from the mortuary. She still looks a bit pale, and I see Everett asking a silent question and Somer replying with a grimace. Quinn is in the front row with his tablet in his hand and his pen behind his ear (yes, I know, it doesn't make sense, but that is what he does). Baxter is pinning pictures up on the whiteboard. Felix House, before and after the fire, the former clearly from Google Earth. Various shots of the fire dam ...more
Ceecee
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third DI Adam Fawley novel and I thoroughly enjoyed this one as much as the predecessors. I really like the characters especially Adam who is still suffering from the death of his son. DS Gislingham (Gis), DC Erica Somer etc are all good characters. Even the arrogant, lazy git Quinn is easy to picture as he off loads tasks usually to the long suffering Baxter! The book is set in Oxford which is a glorious city and makes a great setting for fiction.

The team are investigating a fire,
Helga
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british, mystery, series, crime
One word: Excellent

Cara Hunter never disappoints. So far her books have been 5 stars for me. I don’t even bother to read the synopsis or the reviews. From start to finish you are in for the ride of your life. You think you can guess who has done what? Think again!

A house on fire. Two children inside. When the fire fighters arrive the three year old is beyond help and the ten year old hardly alive.
Where are their parents? Was the fire an accident or deliberate? And if it was arson, who would wa
Louise Wilson
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DI Fawley #3

It's the Christmas holidays, and two children have just been pulled from the wreckage of their burning home in North Oxford. The toddler is dead and his brother is fighting for his life. Why were they left in the house alone? Where is their mother? Why does their father not answer his phone?

This is an emotional, addictive and fast paced read. DI Fawley and his team are back. Fawley's mind is not properly on the job so he hands the case of the house fire, where a child has died and an
Brenda
The house fire at 23 Southey Road was horrific. The destruction complete. And the knowledge that it was done deliberately sent a shiver down the respondents’ spines. When the two children were pulled from what was left of the house, one deceased, one critical, the police couldn’t work out where their mother or father were. Would they be found in the remains? Or had they left their young children unattended?

Detective Inspector Adam Frawley knew they had to find answers and quickly. But with it be
Ken
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cara Hunter's brilliant DI Adam Fawley is one of the best continuing crime series out there, her simple but effective way of including newspaper headlines and various reports throughout the investigation gives a real time feel to the narrative - that helps keep the mystery so addictive.
The inclusion of other peoples opinions on the case on various websites echo's both the readers thought process and adds a realism to the plot.

This third book in the series tackles the harrowing death of two child
Somethingsnotright
I am crazy about this author. Her books keep me awake reading all night long. I cannot put them down. The next book in the series is not due out until late 2019 and I can hardly wait! Highly recommended but do start with the first book in the series as they refer back to previous cases.
Liz Barnsley
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The next Adam Fawley novel from Cara Hunter is pacy and twisted, an addictive read with a strong emotional core featuring as it does a family in peril.
This series is growing in stature with each passing tale- No Way Out ups the ante, moving along the lives of its main protagonists whilst they investigate a heart wrenching case which just gets murkier with each new clue.
I like the interim news articles and emails, as well as the mixture of views which allows the reader to see the case from many a
Mandy White
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019, audible
Another great book in this series. I knew this one wouldn't let me down. Although I did struggle with some of the descriptions of the fire it was a great listen. I needed that!
Amelia Strydom
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindlelibrary
What a brilliant series! I can't believe I binge-read the first three books in a row. It's going to be a long wait until the fourth is released! Highly, highly recommended.
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No Way Out is the third book in the DI Fawley series and would definitely recommend at least reading the second book before reading this one as readers would definitely benefit from it.

After the cases in the first two books, the case that Fawley and his team find themselves working on seemed quite a straight forward one. I could feel myself slump a little bit as this is what has made this series so far is the complexity and how twisted the cases are. The further into the book I got though, thing
Tracy Fenton
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 3rd book in what is definitely my new favourite police procedural series and I can honestly say that Cara Hunter is an author I would happily read WITHOUT reading the blurb because whatever she’s writing I now know after 3 books that I absolutely LOVE her writing style and her storylines.

No Way Out is set approximately 6-8 months after In The Dark and features the same wonderful team of Adam Fawley, Gislingham (Gis), Quinn, Somer and Everett. DI Fawley is going through a very diffic
Lou
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No Way Out is the gripping third book in the DI Fawley series, and although I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the previous two it's still a great, entertaining read. It's a perfectly paced story written in Hunter's eminently readable style and is very quick to get through. If you enjoy well-crafted gritty plots, twists turns and red herrings and a clan of experienced, compassionate investigators then give this a go. Many thanks to Penguin for an ARC.
Emma Garland
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No way out is the third instalment of the DI Adam Fawley series by Cara Hunter. Being a big fan of police procedurals/detective series, this is one of my favourites! The characters both likeable and relatable, carry their own back story whilst fighting to solve the case of the latest crime ...

Based at Thames valley police station, Fawley and his team are called to a house fire in oxford with devastating consequences. Two young boys have been found, one barely alive and one that has been pronoun
Stephen Clynes
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, this is the third book in the DI Adam Fawley series but it can be read as a standalone. You do not need to know what happened in the other books. This is a good move by Cara Hunter. Yes, the old characters from the other novels who work in or for Thames Valley Police are carried forward and this continuation simply added further pleasure to my enjoyment of this book.

No Way Out is a police procedural set mostly in Oxford. There is a fire at a house in Oxford and it looks like arson. Sadly p
Stephanie
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No Way Out was the first book I read in 2020 and it was the perfect choice to start my year out right. There’s not a whole lot I feel I can say about this book without spoilers, so I’m going to list some of the reasons why I loved it and the series in general.

-Cara Hunter is a terrific writer. I sometimes find police procedurals to be a little on the slow and dull side, but not this series. It’s so well plotted with lots of small twists and turns. The mystery here was really well done and much m
Elaine Tomasso
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would like to thank Netgalley and Penguin Books UK for an advance copy of No Way Out, the third novel to feature Oxford based DI Adam Fawley.

When a house goes up in flames firefighters manage to rescue a 10 year old boy and find his 3 year old brother dead in his bed. Fawley and the team have more questions than answers because arson is immediately suspected and there is no sign of the parents.

I thoroughly enjoyed No Way Out which is a compulsive read with plenty of twists and turns, most of w
Clare

With thanks to Netgalley and Penguin for this ARC in exchange for an open and honest review.

No Way Out is the third book featuring DI Adam Fawley and his team.

I knew I would enjoy this book from the first page. The story started with a transcript from the fire brigade. Shortly after new year a neighbour called 999 because the house opposite was on fire. The fire brigade arrived to find the house ablaze, inside they found the dead body of a toddler. Downstairs by the staircase they found a young
Rob Twinem
The crime genre is tightly packed with budding authors eager to display their writing skills as they start a new story with new characters and usually a slightly flawed lead detective. The hope is that if the story and main players are welcomed by an eager reading audience then further books will follow as a series is born. The problem is that there are now far too many so called authors plying their trade with the result that the writing is often bland and stereotypical in its delivery.

No way o
Claire Fuller
Really enjoyable quick read - exactly the right kind of novel I needed after the heavy-going Madame Solario.
The Book Review Café
Woohoo Cara Hunter is back with No Way Out the third novel in the D I Adam Fawley series, in case you haven’t guessed this is one of my favourite crime series ever, in fact I didn’t even bother reading the book description, I picked up the book and dived right in. After reading No Way Out in a day it’s safe to say this crime thriller turned out to be everything I hoped for and more. The author pulls out all the stops, No Way Out is a nail biting, complex tale of arson, child murder and family in ...more
Joanna Park
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

No Way Out is a realistic, gripping crime thriller that I couldn’t put down! I found myself hiding in the kitchen trying to read a few more pages and taking my kindle everywhere with me in the hope I could read a bit more.

Our house going on fire is one of my worse nightmares, especially if the kids were at home so I felt myself immediately drawn into the story. It led to lots of discussions with my husband about what we’d do if a fire started and led to us purchasing an escape ladder. I
Sheri
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Cara Hunter’s previous two novels, so when I spotted the third one on NetGalley it took approximately a nanosecond to bang in a request, and I was delighted to have it accepted.

I’m rapidly realising that much as I enjoy a nice twisty turny etc psychological thriller (well, some of them), there’s really nothing I like better than a good old investigation. (I was raised on Golden Age detective stories, after all.) Police, private detective or amateur, I don’t mind - the likes o
K.L. Slater
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading the first two books in the DI Fawley series and I’m pleased to report that Book 3, NO WAY OUT, was just as thrilling.
The story is told in present day and flashbacks, revelations drip fed to keep the reader turning the pages. The plot is twisty and full of tension and chilling details. As with her other narratives, the author peppers the storyline with lots of interesting detail such as emergency call logs, tweets and newspaper articles.
The characters are well-developed
Kumara
Jul 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The books in this series just get better and better! When you think the last one can’t be topped, here comes another that will leave you a bit mind blown.

So many twists and turns to keep you on your toes. Even though the story is shocking, it’s very believable with no jumped to conclusions that come out of no where. Realistic police work! I like the way the author adds news articles, reports and emails to give more depth to the story.

I love seeing the development of the investigation team, lear

• Sleep
  • The Catch
  • Then She Vanishes
  • Found
  • Blood Orange
  • Perfect Crime (D.I. Callanach, #5)
  • No One Home (David Raker #10)
  • In Safe Hands (DCI Anna Tate, #1)
  • Day of the Accident
  • Killing Mind (D.I. Kim Stone #12)
  • The Holiday
  • The Rumour
  • The Shape of Lies (DCI Tom Douglas, #8)
  • The Family Upstairs
Cara Hunter is a writer who lives in Oxford, in a street not unlike those featured in her series of crime books. Close to Home is her debut featuring DI Adam Fawley, and her second, In the Dark, is coming soon.

DI Adam Fawley (5 books)
  • Close to Home (DI Adam Fawley, #1)
  • In the Dark (DI Adam Fawley, #2)
  • All The Rage (DI Adam Fawley, #4)
  • The Whole Truth