Start by marking “Mage: The Guardian's Oath (The Nephilium Lands #1)” as Want to Read:
Mage: The Guardian's Oath (The Nephilium Lands #1)

Mage: The Guardian's Oath (The Nephilium Lands #1)

On the third day of the harvest month, Clara Vedette was born. Again.

Eighteen years trapped in a village is enough to drive anyone crazy, so when a way out appears in the wall, Clara leaps at the chance to leave.

But her joy quickly diminishes, for outside the wall’s protection, the hunters seeking her life can sense her, and an ancient, sinister plot emerges – a plot tha
Kindle Edition
Published May 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Mage, please sign up.
S.A. Edwards It is more than just a location but more than that I cannot say. Spoilers and what-not :) More to come.

Tristram Johnson
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting and Intriguing

I loved the book for several reasons but most of all for the world building around the mythos of the Guardian and the interplay of the cool magic systems. As a heavy fantasy reader I love to see different ways of developing the heroic journey and this one starts quickly and develops in every chapter. This gives a lovely feeling of pace to the novel.

The characters are particularly interesting in their diversity of ages, cultures and interests. I like how Edwards uses the yo
Heather Hayden
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Magic abounds in this epic fantasy, which takes Clara, a young teen with little knowledge of, well, anything, and throws her into the midst of a centuries-old conflict. Clara's struggles to understand the world around her and her place within it will tug at the hearts of readers who've experienced similar struggles of their own.
Aly
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an epic adventure book!  I loved the character of Clara and the complex world building.  I was drawn in from page 1.  The book held my attention through to the end. *This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.*
Valya
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book! The text was well edited, (which I appreciated), and the story was unpredictable, upbeat, and exciting. I thought the descriptions were clear and on point. The book drew me in from the first pages. I have to admit that "Mage" is a novel that has left me eagerly awaiting the sequel.
W.S. Klass
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Author Snippet
− S.A. Edwards writes one of my favorite kinds of fiction, “fantasy-adventure.”
MAGE: THE GUARDIAN’S OATH (THE NEPHELIUM LANDS BOOK 1)
This novel had a rough start for me. It wasn’t anything negative at all! It’s actually quite simple. I don’t normally read first-person voiced books. When I do they are usually a different genre. This is the first book in the fantasy genre that I have ever read in the first-person voice. After I got passed that minor issue caused by my own reading ex
Natalie Kelda
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off, this is close to a 5 star rating, more like a 4 but there was a few things that made me hold back on the fifth star.

Mage is an exciting and fast-paced fantasy. We're dumped straight into the world of Clara, an 18-year-old who've never been outside the wall surrounding her village. When her and her two friends - Lallana and Charlie - find an archway leading to the outside, a cascade of events are triggered.

Edwards does a great job of pulling us in, from first to last page, packing in s
Ambre
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The blurb for this book is what caught my eye and S.A. Edwards' world-building and characters are what drew me in and kept me reading. This is a fast-paced adventure that takes you from the seemingly mundane to the absolutely fantastical, all through the eyes of its heroine.
We start by meeting Clara, a young woman who wishes her world were more exciting... but be careful what you wish for! She gains excitement and more as she discovers her powers, travels the world, meets new people, and ultima
F. Stephan
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I have been delighted to find this book. I was struck by the first page and decided to give it a go. the beginning is very fast paced and I was lost, as was the main character. But then the story starts to make sense as Clara makes her way through a complex world. Action never stops, always some other part of the world to discover. This was really a good and enjoyable read !
The only thing is that it goes so fast somtimes I would liked to know about each part of the world. There could be so many
Stephanie Hobby
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is packed with adventure, magic, and love. (That's the best kind of book, right?) Clara faces many different trials and while everyone might not agree with her choices, she's still pretty badass. SA Edwards did a great job with this book. The chapters are fast paced, exciting and leave you wanting more. Be prepared to ignore all of your obligations because once you start reading this book, you won't want to stop. The world of the mage is mesmerizing and imaginative. The ending was... W ...more
Boo Vickery
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book blew me away.
It had so much action in it it was so interesting! I never had a scene I was bored over. I loved follow Clara through the Training she had to endure. All she went through in this book, I would had given up a long time ago. I love books with strong Female Characters and I can say that this character was so strong that I felt weak really.

I so look forward to the next book in the series (how this book ended I wanted to cry!) Great book!
Nia Dragin
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed on Cyn's Workshop

The Guardians Oath is the first in a new series by SA Edwards, and what a start it is. The first-person narrative puts the reader in the mindset of not only the character but also the world being built here. As a fantasy novel, first-person narratives can falter just a bit, but Edwards pulls it off effortlessly. The magic in the world, the universe in this novel, it works in tandem with the POV because it’s able to grab at the reader and lure them into the st
Amy Shannon
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great adventure

It's a grand adventure for freedom. Clara is the main character, and is one of those unforgettable and strong characters, but she's down to her last life. I enjoyed this magical fantasy filled with action, adventure and twists and turns. What I thought was most interesting was Clara's past and how she came to be. It's a great story and anyone who loves to delve into the magic of fantasy may enjoy this as well. I look forward to more stories from this new author.
Celeste
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From the beginning of the book, it starts an epic journey that you don't want to miss one moment of. At first I was leery about the way the book started but the further along in the book I got, the more I understood why it began the way it did. HIGHLY recommend to read if you haven't already. Can't wait to see what part 2 brings!!
Kristen Kooistra
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun and action-packed. Adventure and danger lurk around every corner and by the time the book ended I was hunched over the book eager to see how it'd all work out.
Leia Rose
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun adventure that jumped right into the action and never stopped. By the end I was super invested in what was going to happen and eagerly anticipating what would happen next. Great world-building and I loved the powers!
Annie
Paula
Aug 02, 2019
Tiffany Beattie
Aug 21, 2019
Sophie Edwards has worked in many fields and gained qualifications in Hairdressing, Childcare, Photography, and is now undertaking a BA(Hons) in Creative Writing. She lives in the UK with her husband and four homeschooled children.