Start by marking “How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)” as Want to Read:
How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)

How To Marry A Werewolf

(Claw & Courtship #1)

Guilty of an indiscretion? Time to marry a werewolf.

WEREWOLVES

The monsters left Faith ruined in the eyes of society, so now they’re her only option. Rejected by her family, Faith crosses the Atlantic, looking for a marriage of convenience and revenge.

But things are done differently in London. Werewolves are civilized. At least they pretend to be.

AMERICANS

Backward heathens
Published May 13th 2018 by Gail Carriger

To ask other readers questions about How To Marry A Werewolf, please sign up.
Emma I think you'll be okay without having read Prudence, but it does spoil the Biffy/Lyall novel a bit, so I'd red that one first.

Mandi Schreiner
Gail Carriger writes such cute, quirky books and in this novella (although it felt like a long novella) she gives us a grumpy werewolf hero and a human heroine who loves to collect rocks.

Faith had an indiscretion with a werewolf in Boston (it’s hinted at in the blurb and you will learn more about it as you read) and her family shuns her and sends her to live with distant relatives in England. In England, werewolves are titled and part of society. Her family thinks they are punishing by sending h
Mada Linx
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very lovely fast paced story, which I have enjoyed quite a lot. I liked the writing style, not going into too many useless details to bore me and wish for something to happen.
I loved both Faith and Channing, they were both very well written and so were the side characters.

I’ll definitely read more by this author.
Stephanie
This fantasy romance novella was absolutely delightful (like all of Gail Carriger's fantasy romance novellas - I really love them). The first third or so is just deliciously witty and fun, full of laugh-out-loud banter and hilarity, and then the story naturally morphs into something much more deeply emotional, and it becomes truly moving. The ending was absolutely lovely and made me very, very happy for both characters.

I loved Faith as a heroine, I loved the new family she found/built throughou
Roo Barb
I just finished HTMAW.

I wasn't sure if I'd like this book, Channing always irritated me, he's just so, "Major Channing Channing of the Chesterfield Channings."

Oh boy was I wrong, so, so wrong.

I may reread it shortly, I think I'll need to reread it today.

if you're new to Gail's books you could start with this one, personally I'd start at the beginning with Soulless but this book will stand alone.

I loved it so much, it had the feel of a good Georgette Heyer. I had shivers of happiness thrilling
Sharon
So sad, so touching.

I’m really looking forward to reading more books from this series and getting to know other characters in the pack better.

I really felt bad for Faith. Her parents are disgusting and her past was sad. I’m glad that her life turned around in London. Her interactions with her distant relatives – Teddy and Mrs. Iftercast were great. Teddy was supportive and hilarious and Iftercast was a nice, thoughtful aunt/mom.

I love all the pack teasing of Channing, and seeing Biffy and Lyal
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
awww this is Gale Carriger back to her Parasol Protectorate glory! Loved the characters and the love story!
Asia
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved every single page of this book!

Talia Hibbert
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been waiting for Channing's book since he first insulted Alexia, and wow, this did NOT disappoint. Delightful.
Karina Read
I really enjoyed this novella! It was great to learn more about Channing and Faith was lovely - my only wish is that it was longer! I adore this steampunk world Carriger has created and can’t wait for the next Custard Protocol book to come out. I hope i’ll be able to keep reading stories set in this world for a long while yet.
Jackie
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So romantic!! I loved it!
Jessica
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads, favorites
What a lovely novella about the prickliest member of the London Werewolf Pack! I loved that the love interest was from America and as always in Gail Carriger's works, a strong enough woman to stand on her own next to a very tough (yet surprisingly tender) man. I loved Faith's introduction to Biffy and the pack and the way that the entire pack ended up interacting with her and her cousins in London. Teddy, her cousin Theodora, was a delightful side character and I'd love to see her mentioned agai ...more
Ty Kuta
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I looked forward to this novella as Channing is one of my favorite side characters in the Parasolverse--and Gail did not disappoint! Overall I think How to Marry A Werewolf is definitely one of my favorite novellas of Gail's so far. Faith is a darling and I love, love, love her cousin Teddy!

The pacing and the intertwining of romance and plot are just right, and it's always great to see Biffy, Lyall, and the rest of the pack again. Gail is in rare form with this one; the comedy is hysterical and
Mehsi
One human girl, one werewolf, 2 broken people, 1 budding romance!

I was so so so so so (x infinity) excited about this book. OK, I was a bit worried about Channing being the werewolf in the spotlight, he just never was that much of a favourite of mine. But I know that Gail Carriger will write something that will work out. And it did!

Meet Faith, a girl from America who is being shipped to England due to something that happened in America, something her parents don't approve of (then again, it seem
Oda Renate
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Really fun Claw and courtship story.
Learning more about Channing and about Faith was very fun.
Megan
A nicely-bred American avoids scandal at home by catching a dirigible to London in search of a werewolf husband. Your reaction to the series' branding "werewolves in cravats and the women who love them (both the werewolves and their cravats)" is probably a solid indicator of whether or not you fall in this book's potential audience.

Cute and short, with an interesting dynamic between the protagonists (though with some darkness in both their backstories). It's Carriger, so it's witty at the expens
Ruth
Probably more of a three and a half, but rounding up because I've always wanted to get Major Channing Channing of the Chesterfield Channings's backstory. And it was a delightful meringue of a story with cunning hats, protective werewolves, horse-mad cousins, and a bizarrely vindictive mother. Just the thing for a relaxing evening with a milkshake and chocolate chip cookies.
iam
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was absolutely incredible, I'm still dazed from all the emotions.

Content warnings include: (view spoiler)

So. This is Channing's book. Channing Channing of the Chesterfield Channings (no, really, that's his name) has been a polarizing character from the very beginning when he first appeared in the Parasol Verse (and he's b
Angie
Originally reviewed here @ Angieville

The moral of this story is that it has been far too long since I read a Gail Carriger book. I discovered her back when her debut novel Soulless first came out and thought it was perfectly delightful. I read the next couple of Parasol Protectorate novels and then sort of lost my way a bit. I've always rather wanted to return and, my word, has she been prolific in the intervening years. When I began hearing happy rumblings about this first installment in a ne
Wiebke (1book1review)
This is a blast. I really enjoyed the characters and also getting to know a different side of Channing was great.
Just reread this and flew through it again.
Highly recommend to fans of the Parasol Protectorate series!
Daphne
It always surprises me how much Gail Carriger's writing and settings can make me enjoy books I normally wouldn't pick up so easily. I don't tend to read novellas, nor do I often read romance. But I tend to make an exception for Gail Carriger's work, with good reason.

I'm very invested in this universe, so I like to read every available story set in it. It's an alternate version of history, with werewolves and vampires in a Victorian setting (what more can you want?). But what Carriger manages to
Martha
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved This.
It has been a while since I enjoyed the Protectorate series and I was happy to be back in that world. Major Changing is a growly, reluctant suitor but he meets his match in Faith. She is a bit of an independent, strong American who has been rejected by her family and sent to London to capture a werewolf mate if she can.

The character interaction is fun especially with the secondary characters pushing things along.
I enjoyed when these two revealed their vulnerabilities and accepted each
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
An enjoyable novella that revisits Ms. Carriger's Parasol Protectorate world with the wooing and romancing of a certain very grump gamma wolf and a young American woman for whom a moment of ill trust almost destroyed her.
Kelly
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, owned
It makes me want to go back and reread the rest of her works!
Yvonne
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Channing as we never expected to see him - in society interacting with human females. As always with Ms Carriger the writing is sublime and the dialogue is both clever and laugh out loud funny in places.
Bookworm Erica
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved!! Couldn't stop reading

This story has it all. Werewolves and rocks and tea and a great villain...and an AMERICAN?! yes and she is wonderful. Also really funny

Kudos
Dragana
Maybe because of his absurd name, but Channing Channing was always one of my favorite characters in the Parasol protectorate series. I was happy for him to finally get his HEA. And Faith was a great heroine, just perfect for him.
Recommended for the fans of Parasol protectorate series, who would like to see more from their favorite side-characters.
Betty BoomBa
3.5 I guess.

A good solid story, and I enjoyed it. Didn't love it however. The world is fun and interesting, but I couldn't connect with the characters. I wonder if I'd read the earlier protectorate series first then it might have been more enjoyable? Maybe I'll read it again should I get around to the earlier stories.
TJ
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a delightful confection! This is my first foray into Ms. Carriger’s world so it took just a bit to become accustomed to the voice and slight wordiness but once the flow fit, it was a joy! I especially love how she developed hot sexual tension through emotion rather than step-by step instruction. And, it was surprisingly full of depth with a storyline that felt perfectly complete - a feat very few novellas are able to achieve. All in all a truly fun afternoon escape!
Zel Polev
Gail Carriger writes comedies of manners mixed with paranormal romance (and the sexy San Andreas Shifter series as G L Carriger). Her books include the Parasol Protectorate, Custard Protocol, and Supernatural Society series for adults, and the Finishing School series for young adults. She is published in many languages and has over a dozen NYT bestsellers. She was once an archaeologist and is fond ...more
“Faith was enjoying her evening, the looming presence of Major Channing notwithstanding. He seemed to swoop in at odd times, presenting her with a glass of punch or distracting her from her conversation by glowering fiercely. She noticed that if she paid any one gentleman too much attention for too long a time, the major would make himself known. Then he would disappear and ignore her once more.

It was sublimely aggravating. Like being desired by a very large mosquito.”
4 likes
“Now, Faith dear…”
“Yes, cousin?”
“Of course, you look absolutely ravishing, but perhaps no mention of rocks right away?”
“Not a single sedimentary sequence shall pass my lips, I promise.” Faith attempted to look grave.
“I don’t know what that means, dear, but thank you.”
3 likes