Start by marking “Pulse Point” as Want to Read:
Pulse Point

Pulse Point

Pulse Point is set in a future where the climate has made the world inhospitable to humans. In order to survive, people live in self-sustaining domed cities. The City that Kaia and her family live in is run by Overseers, guards that ensure all the Citizens follow the guidelines so the City can maintain its ‘Energy In = Energy Out’ policy. Citizens are only allowed to use ...more
Published May 8th 2018 by Yellow Dog

To ask other readers questions about Pulse Point, please sign up.
Lavoie Lianne (The Towering Pile) Around the time Pulse Point came out, the author said that there was a plan for a book 2. Two years later nothing has been announced, but hopefully…moreAround the time Pulse Point came out, the author said that there was a plan for a book 2. Two years later nothing has been announced, but hopefully there will be. It would not be fair to end the story the way Pulse Point ended!(less)

Start your review of Pulse Point
Brenda
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: No one
"If Citizens found out the truth-"
"They'do nothing. The Council keeps them fearful. People are easier to control when they're scared."

Minor spoilers (but if you know the genre nothing will surprise you about my review).

Get ready for a negative review. I see that there are a lot of positive ratings. Well, mine is not.

Where do I begin? To be honest I feel so unthankful for not having liked this book because I won it in a giveaway. But as you may already have noticed, I'm always transparent about
Saskia Webb
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m not going to write a long and extensive review, but I’d like to make a few short comments.

I did not feel very invested in these character’s stories. In fact, didn’t sense a lot of personality in these characters at all.

The main romance between the two main characters is dull, and there’s hardly a scene written that shows why they should be together.

It’s a very typical dystopian future book, I feel that the concepts used in this story could have had more complexity.

The only part that was
Susan
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Pulse point is a dystopian novel set in the not-so-distant future after extensive climate change. If you are a regular reader of dystopian fiction, there is nothing particularly new here. It is very remeniscent of Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi and has some similarities with Divergent by Veronica Roth. I enjoy dystopia and found Pulse point sufficiently engaging to finish reading. It is written as the first of a series of novels and I would pick up the second one to see where it goes.

Jane Kraut
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story here. It’s a YA novel so a quick read for me. Lots of common dystopian themes here, but it made for a fun read.
I liked how the City people spoke of the history of earth before the disaster (ie Mae the elder would have been a “grandmother”).
They last few chapters ended quickly, with less detail than the beginning. I wonder if that’s intentional? Like there might be a sequel?
Kaylabookworm22 L
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It intrigued me from the start. I loved the writing and the story is unique and the main characters are loveable. The way this book ended makes me think there will be a second book. There definitely should be. There is more story to tell for sure. I highly recommend this book to everyone. I really hope more people read this amazing book.
Jodi Carmichael
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. Colleen Nelson and co-author Nancy Chappell-Pollack have written a dystoptian that weaves science and science fiction that will leave you begging for the sequel. Extremely clever. Highly Recommended.
Keitha
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
DNF.
Alyson
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It was soooo good!! Finished it in a day and a bit, but it was really enthralling and it kind of had a cliffhanger that I really liked. I recommend it to all my friends! A "MUST READ"!

Kelsie Stewart
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's a really good book
Very descriptive
Samuel
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
I felt the book had a lot of great points, and for sure kept me interested the entire time, I think it was a great summary of dystopian future and the results of confinement and propaganda.
Hailey
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: three-stars
pulse point is a canadian dystopian YA moment wherein the world has been ravaged by global warming & our main gal Kaia lives in the City, a protective bubble scientists designed to keep the rest of the world out - aNd iTs cItIzEnS iN! everyone has to work out for a long time each day to generate enough energy for the City sustainable (i would definitely not make it there) and when u don’t generate enough energy anymore (ie. the old and the weak) u get “balanced” ie killed. the concept was ...more
wvreads
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Dystopian YA novel with a fast moving plot that uncovers many a hidden secret. The ending begs a sequel.
Ally Camble
Oct 02, 2018
Grace
May 27, 2018
Hunter
rated it did not like it
Jan 08, 2020
Kim Adair-Gagnon
Jul 17, 2019
Rachel Seigel
Aug 04, 2018
Stephanie Ehmann (Ohana Reads)
Aug 03, 2018

• Fake Blood
  • Inkling
  • Ebb and Flow
  • Wicked Nix
  • Sanctuary (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Surviving the City (Surviving the City, #1)
  • Miles to Go
  • Don't Tell The Enemy
  • The Strange And Deadly Portraits Of Bryony Gray
  • Elephant Secret
  • The Journey of Little Charlie
  • Coop The Great
  • Dragons in a Bag (Dragons in a Bag #1)
  • Missing Mike
  • A World Below
  • Fourth Dimension (The Rule of Three, #4)
  • Sweep: The Story of a Girl and Her Monster
Colleen Nelson is the author of YA fiction books Finding Hope (2016), 250 Hours (2015), The Fall (2013) and Tori by Design (2011). 'The Fall' and 'Tori by Design' both won the McNally Robinson Book of the Year Award. 'The Fall' was also nominated for the White Pine Award. Currently living in Winnipeg with her husband, two young sons and three grown step-children, Colleen manages to eke out time to ...more