Start by marking “Becoming: An LA Lovers Book” as Want to Read:
Becoming: An LA Lovers Book

Becoming: An LA Lovers Book

(LA Lovers #3)

Trigger warning: There is a scene in this book that depicts drug use and intense domestic violence.
A hot new lesbian romance! Can a Dominant allow herself to be dominated? Can a woman who defies authority allow herself to submit? Will love come out on top in the end?

You met Rebecca and Cass in Fifty Shades of Pink. Now get Rebecca's perspective of their first meeting
Published July 1st 2018 by Jourdyn Kelly

To ask other readers questions about Becoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming

Start your review of Becoming: An LA Lovers Book
Joc
When I read Fifty Shades of Pink six months ago I thought it was a fantastic erotic novella but I had wanted more because I liked the characters and much more depth was hinted at. Well, Becoming is the ‘more’ I wanted. Where Fifty Shades of Pink was sexy with a connection, Becoming encases that period in time with their backstories and the negotiating of a relationship around some fairly simple obstacles like an age difference to dealing with years of abuse.

Rebecca is a brilliant college student
Michele
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Not sure if i'm more annoyed that I've been so busy at work, that I haven't had much time to read or if the one book I did choose to squeeze in during this period was "Becoming: An LA Lovers Book."

I can't fathom how a book with so much sex and BDSM mixed in could be so damn boring. And this author touched on a lot of issues such as domestic violence, drug abuse, and personality disorders and still managed to make it all a giant yawn-fest for me.

The inner monologue of both characters was non stop
Alexis
How were they able to walk the next morning?

The plot. This is the full length version of Fifty Shades of Pink but with oodles of drama and enough sex to be considered a health hazard.

The characters. Several 'new' characters are introduced that make appearances in the Eve Sumptor series and in Coming Out. Some were great additions that really helped flesh out the story while others were just there to cause chaos.

The writing. I was not a fan. It's like the author wrote a prologue then copied and
CLo
I liked it

I was pretty stoked when I heard there would be more on the story of Cass and Rebecca as I like them best so far in the lesbian series Kelly writes. The beginning of the book did make me cringe a bit but once I got to the parts that match up with 50 Shades of Pink, I was able to settle into it. The chemistry and intimate scenes between the two characters were pretty good but what I liked most is how much longer the book went. It didn't end with the happy ever after per se. It went long
Kelly
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm totally becoming a fan of this author. This book has a parallel timeline to her other book, but this focuses on the characters rebecca & Cassidy. This book is definitely very hot & steamy. One of the main characters runs a bdsm club so they're is definitely that element present. Don't let this book pass you by, free on kindle unlimited! ...more
Danni Mladenovic
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a fan of novella, and I’m also a fan of the novel. What I also like is Rebecca’s point of view in the novel, which perfectly complements Cassidy’s one in the “Fifty Shades of Pink”. Now, somehow, the story is complete. I liked the scenes and I like Rebecca as a character a lot.
JF
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
So this was a 3.5 for me . For some reason that I can not clearly explain (I’m not going back to decipher the puzzle). Something threw me off in the beginning of the story. As I was reading I kept feeling as if I missed something . A few times I had to go back and re read a paragraph or two. It felt like bad editing and someone skipped a few sentences .That said once the story got going it was quite good . The MC’s had great chemistry and I did enjoy the BDSM aspect .
Patricia Foort
Char Dafoe
Yes, Mistress

Where do I begin on this psychological erotica?

I went in knowing this was going to be heavily centered around the bdsm lifestyle, which was one of the reasons why I picked up a copy. What I wasn't completely prepared for was all the psychological "warfare" that came with it. I understand there's a certain mental strength that comes with being a dominant and/or submissive to be able to wield that power or relent. If one has a weak mind upon entering the darker side of power and sex,
MissBecka Gee
Thank you NetGalley and Jourdyn Kelly for this early release copy.
I had trouble figuring out how to rate this book.
The instant lust between Cassidy and Rebecca is completely believable and kinda even expected given the book genre. I had a bit more trouble coming to terms with the desperate longing and inclinations of love after less than 3 interactions...all of which had nothing but sex involved in those interactions.
I think it was more difficult to get wrapped up in the insta love between Cassi
Jude
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once Again

Once again Jourdyn has delivered an incredible story. I've loved all of her books and this one is definitely no exception. The love between Cass and Rebecca is heartwarming. They have the relationship we all aspire to. Great job, Jourdyn!
Denise'S Minions
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In my reading of all Lesfic this was my book to learn what I want. In my own fantasy of what I want to thrive to read and listen to. If you are fan of J. Kelly then this is a must book. I fell in love with these characters and wanted more. Its trilling and dangerous hot to my soul.
Kimberly
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Jen
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can't Get Enough

Ok, so this was totally not where I was expecting a book from Rebecca’s POV would take me… but never have I been happier to be SO wrong!!!

***********************
** SPOILER ALERT **
***********************

“If we’re going to trust each other together, we’re going to have to trust each other when we’re apart.”

“ʼI look around me,ʼ Cass continued, oblivious to Rebecca’s stare. ʼAnd I see all of these things keeping people apart. Fear,ʼ she said as she remembered how Hunter had left
Angela *Whiskey Angel Life Blog*
I was provided an ARC copy of Becoming for an honest review.

This is my first read by Jourdyn Kelly. While I have read many books in the LGTBQIA genre, I tend to gear towards a more MM dominated romance. So I decided to move out of my comfort zone, into the world of F/F and give Becoming a chance.

The beginning starts in the past, giving you a back story for Rebecca one of the female mains in the book. While I understand the importance of defining the character I did find that first part to be a
Sandy
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt-lesbian
This is a very intense read dealing with topics of unpleasant but real life issues of drug abuse, date and partner violence and abuse within a sexual contest. The start of the book delves into the world of BDSM but not safe, sane and consensual. It comes out the other side with a older woman/younger woman romance that heals, excites and opens a world of healthy relationships. Rebecca is a character you come to understand and root for along the way. As a Dominatrix she learns that control is a fl ...more
Gina L
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Story!

This story was so hot and yet so beautiful. I love Rebecca and Cassidy! Each of them has their own strengths and weaknesses. I loved the story’s beginning being told from Rebecca’s eyes and as her and Cassidy’s relationship blossomed. You felt the hurt in Cassidy when her best friend manipulates her and you feel the anger in Rebecca when she realizes all that is going on. Their connection, the love that they feel that is so deep comes through. With both of their ups and downs, they
Laura Voss
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was provided a copy for review purposes.

When the tour host asked if I wanted to read a FF book I told her I had never read on before but I would give it a try. From page one I was drawn into the characters. There was a few moments that the story felt a little slow or where I felt like I could use more than just an overview, but overall it kept my attention and was a fast read. I liked the drama and how the new relationship brought Rebecca back from a dark place. I really enjoyed this story and
Catherine Coffman
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Rebecca is a marketing student and her teacher recommends her to go apply for a job but when she gets there she’s not sure she really wants the job due to the type of business it is.

In the beginning I felt Rebecca was a strong woman but after reading a few chapters she did a 180 then after a few more chapters a 180 turn again.

Although I liked parts of it, the story was very hard to read, not because of the graphic abuse but it was a little hard to follow.
Angel
I loved Rebecca from the beginning! She is such a talented and confident woman who has been through so much tragic circumstances. Cassidy stole my heart as well because of her frank and feisty personality. These awesome women are so different but whenever they get together they compliment each other so well! There were parts of the story that should have been expanded because I wanted to get more background on the characters but it was a good story nonetheless.
Aidita Cruz Santoni
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I learned a lot of a lifestyle that I did not have a clue...

I love the characters and the reference the book made to the circle of friends, making it possible to.connect the other books as well. I however think that love happened too much early and seemed quite unbelievable. However the main character portrayed a truly victim. I wish to have a follow up novel on these two lovers.
Jommes
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, not a type of book I would normally read however I may well now read the rest of the series! I enjoyed the relationship - how it developed between the two main characters and all the obstacles and issues they faced. I would recommend this book - it's a very enjoyable read! Thank you for the opportunity to read it! ...more
Kelley
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

I loved this book. This was the first book I read from Jourdyn Kelly. I liked the perspective from the Domme's view. I did struggle with how quickly the intensity and longing happened, but it is believable.

It is a novella but it is a beautiful love story.
Marty Long
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!

You have certainly hit a home run with this book Ms Kelly. The beautiful characters and the story could not be more perfect. There were some very dark issues that I felt you wrote about perfectly. And, I believe, it enriched and polished that special love that Cass and Rebecca shared. Definitely, a special love story.
Fatima
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hooked

I have to say Ms. Kelly is really freaking good at what she does. I just loved readind about Rebecca and Cassidy (cass to everyone except Becca.),and their supporting cast. I give this book 5 stars cause that is as high as it goes. Also for someone who is weirded out about writing the sex scenes you are really amazing at it. Sending prayers to you and your family.
erica fletcher
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

This author has truly kept me up at night wanting to finish her books . The way she incorporates the characters from other books is great . The storylines are magnificent all ways leaves you wanting more. I constantly check waiting on her next book around this group of friends .
monica.b.czuba
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Becoming:An LA Lover's Book

A brilliant story of abuse, drugs,death love. and more by author Jourdon Kelly. This book hooked me by the beginning right to the end. The characters are ones that.you want to know !for about and there stories as well.
This author knows hopes to pull you in each time
Nia
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review about the audiobook
I knew the book so I was very curious how Cass and Rebecca would sound. I loved it! All of it, not only the hot scenes! Tessa Stavers did a great job !!
Cass is so sweet and loving, but sexy as hell! Rebecca at first as Mistress sounded distant and later full of love for Cassidy. It was a pleasure to listen!
Christina Hannah
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

.Great book ..Like the book , shows a new start for an abuse victim, ties in authors other books a little also . Great read A++++++++. Enjoy a happy ending to a bad start .
Chano Mansilla
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Learning about love

A very unusual love story. A very romantic book that deals with some very unromantic issues. Love the book, the story is darker then the other book involving this very couple, but the author has manage to make it work

• Tangled Vows (Mistress, #1)
  • Being Hers (Irresistibly Bound #1)
  • Her Surrender (Irresistibly Bound #2)
  • Heart of Ice
  • Behind Closed Doors
  • Ensnared Hearts (Mistress, #2)
  • Freeing Her (Irresistibly Bound Book 4)
  • Hers to Keep (Irresistibly Bound #3)
  • Fitting In
  • Finding Jessica Lambert
  • The Woman in 3B
  • Forever and A Day: a Those Who Wait story
  • Must Love Silence
I’ve been in Houston, Texas, writing novels and designing websites since 2009. Moving here was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, because I’ve been able to live wonderfully, and write my heart out. I’ve always enjoyed the arts in one form or another. Music sets the mood, reading stimulates my brain, and writing allows me to utilize my imagination in any way I want. I’ve been writing stories ...more

LA Lovers (4 books)
  • Coming Home (LA Lovers, #1)
  • Coming Out (An LA Lovers Book)
  • Coming To: An LA Lovers Book