Start by marking “Chosen (The Flameweaver Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
Chosen (The Flameweaver Saga #1)

Chosen

(The Flameweaver Saga #1)

Jas expected to hear a tale of glory and heroism. He hadn’t planned on living it.

Drenwell is in trouble. The idyllic nation teeters on the brink of disaster as one trouble after another lines up before it. Crops fail. Animals flee. Earthquakes rattle the land. In the midst of it all is the mountain, rising tall over the plains and forests. Legends passed down over the year
Published May 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Chosen, please sign up.
Casey White This is a first person, single-PoV series. I did experiment with multiple points of view in the third book, switching between several narrators,…moreThis is a first person, single-PoV series. I did experiment with multiple points of view in the third book, switching between several narrators, because there were things I wanted to try and cover. In the end, those threads were more for flavor than actual content, and there weren't enough of those alternate-viewpoint chapters to feel natural and 'right', so those chapters will be cut from the final version that goes on Amazon.(less)

Bas
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My oh my, what a story. The Chosen One isn't really the Chosen One. Originality is very important, and this definetely is original. The characters are likeable, the story is great and the writing is amazing. The use of sarcasm adds to the enjoyment, as almost every character at some point makes sarcastic jokes or remarks, some of which had me laughing out loud. I definetely recommend this one for lovers of Fantasy stories.
David
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredibly well written book, and a phenomenal start to the series! The characters actions felt natural and realistic, and the dialogue fit well with each character. The descriptions and scenery in the story brought the world to life, without slowing the pacing or breaking the framing of the narration. I loved this book, and will definitely be reading the rest of the series!
Violet Laflamme
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
Loved this book! I can't recommend it enough if you're looking for a fantasy story that doesn't follow the same cookie cutter plot as all the others. Normally I just read on the tram home, but this book had me reading during my walk home and up the staircase. I just couldn't put it down.
Yinka
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Good book, interesting plot, different take on the hero narrative and “chosen one” saga. Happy I found this from reddit. Curious to see how it plays out. Wish the new writer well.
Maricel
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
The 'chosen one' decided he doesn't want to fulfill his destiny because it may cause him his life so he pass the flag to his best friend without his consent. It's the story of how Jas tried to free himself from the binding performed on him by his powerful friend to save their world from the wrath of an awakening volcano.
I like this novel because the plot is very different from all the fantasy books that I have read. All the 'chosen ones' in most novels are unprepared and hesistant to fulfill th
Matt
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Pretty good emotion in the beginning.
Jeff Englker
Sep 19, 2018
Sergio
added it
Sep 24, 2018
Casey White was born in Michigan in 1991, and lives there still. She splits her time - spending her days working the desk as a civil engineer, and her nights writing fiction ranging from fantasy to scifi and everything in-between.

Her stories tend towards the more personal - she favors first person or over-the-shoulder third person that matches punchy, fast-paced storytelling with ongoing internal

The Flameweaver Saga (4 books)
  • Charred (The Flameweaver Saga #2)
  • Nightsworn (The Flameweaver Saga #3)
  • Ascendant (The Flameweaver Saga #4)