Start by marking “The Clearing: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #2)” as Want to Read:
The Clearing: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #2)

The Clearing: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages

(Средневековая история #2)

Enjoy the complete historical romance series now!

You change the world, but the world changes you in turn — there is no getting around it. A simple wish to survive irrevocably changed the life of Aliya, a medical student from the modern era. Trapped in a body that isn’t hers in a world in which she does not belong to, Aliya has made her decision – she will live… and she w

Published June 5th 2018 by LitHunters ltd. (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Clearing, please sign up.
Melissa Probably cause it is translated? Whenever you add in cost of translating a book it hikes the price up.

Lisa M. Clark
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Cannot continue buying these

The Clearing is the second book in this series about a modern-day, young, Russian woman who dies and is reborn as a medieval countess in a parallel world. I really enjoyed the story, and I loved the characters enough that the repetition and inconsistencies could be ignored. However, as others have said in their reviews, the author has chosen to end the books as cliffhangers, and fully the last third of The Clearing was a preview of the next book in the series...meanin
Oya Akdogan
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just like in Stephenie Meyer's The Host - here too there is a personal struggle of the protagonist. Aliya wants to keep her old memories, misses her family, mourns her family - but at the same time, she tries to get to know better Lilian, whose body she inhabits. This tension, together with her witty comments and thoughts make it a very interesting and smooth read. I am definitely curious how this story will continue...
Fel, LitRPG Devotee
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good. I did not want this to end. Suffice to say, will be waiting on tenterhooks for the next in series. This author would be AMAZING at LitRPG settlement building. Thank you for this read Lina!
Kathleen medley-Lewis
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Must read and in order!

Great medieval adventure with a uniquely unexpected heroine. Looking forward to next book with anticipation. So glad I found this series.
Nicholas Grace
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes I came back for book 2. It is well worth it. You see some great character development from Lily in this one and some great plot twists. Read it. You won't regret it.
Qrez
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awsome sause! i found another author i simply adore!

now however i will have to live in total soul crushing agony wating for the next book... even if its only a week or so away.... still AGONY!!!! TORMENT!!! GNASHING OF TEETH!

Waiting for truely great works of literature is the worst kind of hell...

Oh well i can re-read it i suppose...
KS PIERCE
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is I a series that the reader can take away something valuable at the end of the day. I love how empowered this makes me feel as a woman, while reminding me the importance and humility, of being kind to others, regardless. Love it!
Min
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is picking up steam! Some minor editing errors though - looks like the occasional translator editing comment was left in the text.
Dan Richard
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Great Series!

I have always been a time traveler fan. I didn't expect much from this series, but after reading the sample for book 1, I decided to read the whole book and have enjoyed the first two books very much. I plan on reading the rest of the series.
Geraldine Gust
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a delightful book!

I have read the first two books in two days. Couldn’t put them down. Loved the author’s style of writing. She certainly keeps your interest!
Lina Potter
Apr 02, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
A Medieval Tale is a series of five. The series is completed with the release of the final book The Price of Happiness.

If you love fantasy set in the medieval universe, court intrigue, a strong female protagonist who uses wit and grit to overcome obstacles, join me on this journey! Stay in touch, Lina

You can order on Amazon via the following link >> https://amzn.to/2uBMgBO
Are you also a bookworm who cannot get enough of stories and characters? You are welcome to join our discussion g
Nancy Phy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
More intriguing than book one

This book was even better than book one it has more intrigue and I couldn't put it down. I look forward to reading book three.
Jenni
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I have been given the chance to read and review these books, because I love them so much. I had missed Lily after finishing the first book - and I am so glad to be reading about her and her she wonderful infectious energy! I honestly think that the main character, Lily,  is a force of nature, but it makes sense that someone who would survive and thrive as a medical student would be this driven and intuitive.

There are so many threads which are now being woven into the narrative, and
Amy Hietapelto
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am enjoying this series. Creative and engrossing.
Celtic's
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I am glad that I returned to the world of Medieval Tale. There is more character development, a steady pace, and a good amount in changes in point of view. Some people do not like when the POV is changed, but I am someone who adores when authors do this. I love seeing what the other characters are doing while the main character is off doing something else. Changing POV helps the reader see how the other characters think and gives them more dimension. I love how Lily has gone from (appearing) ver ...more
Rena Nowacoski
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story continues as 21st century Lily adapts to teh medieval world.
Ladye Townsend
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Clearing: Midieval Tale Book 2

I enjoyed the continuation of the time travel events of the heroine in the story. Her use of her former life skills and knowledge to help her castle, villagers, her step-daughter and herself are mind-boggling! Recommend this series for people who enjoy this genre.
Sanna G. Ståhl (sannareads)
Once again we get to follow Aliya’s journey in the countess Lilian’s body, stick in the medieval times. People are starting to think that Lilian isn’t acting like herself and Aliya herself is worrying that she’s starting to become more and more like Lilian.

Meanwhile Miranda has arrived to the castle, not to Aliya’s delight. How is she supposed to hide her true self while a child is roaming the castle? And for how much longer will Aliya be able to keep her true identity in the shadows?

“The Cleari
Christina
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book continued right as the first book left off so if you havent read the first one you cannot read this before that. I enjoy the characters though there are a few of them I'm just like *roll eyes* and *slap* but that is what makes them exciting. One of the main problems I had with this particular story though is that I am not sure where its going a little bit over time the main character is changing over time but to what end? What's the end game? The world is great reminds me a lot of roya ...more
Heather
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still a great story! Editing needs some help...this book seems a lot shorter than the previous one. Not sure if I want to pay $6.99 for the next book or not..
Marianne Taylor-Hicks
May 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Disappointed

This was not a book. This was a preface to a book. Nothing happened. Book one was fun. So I decided to get book 2. Not great literature but fun. Wanted to know what hAppened to Lilly. Still don't know. And it cost $6.99. Way too much for a book that isn't really a book and one you buy just for a quick fast read. $1.99 would be stretching it. So here's the deal. Five books in the series equal about 1 real book. I would say this story wasn't worth $35.00. So I won't be buying any more.
Teri
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Better than the 1st!

This book moved faster than the 1st book. I give it a 4.5 Star, since the story still jumps to different point-of-views at almost every other paragraph & some editing needs work. Understandably, this book is a translation from Russian, so tenses and verb usage & spelling may have been a factor.
This story moved at a quick pace. There are a couple scenes that seemed long and drawn out, but not as much, compared to the 1st book.
Great world building. I cannot wait to
Mina Purser
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so addicted to this new series I discovered. I can't put them down! It does take a couple of books to get all the characters straight, but once you do you find yourself completely engaged. I am going on to the fourth book now, but am disappointed that I will have to wait until November for the fifth book to be released.
Carol
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Engrossing!

I loved the main characters! Our heroine is growing in knowledge and in her ability to cope in her new world. She continues to gather allies and to introduce improvement into her world.
Helen M. Whitchurch
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New life New body New time

Modern day Russian female doctor killed in car accident wakes as medieval type Countess with serious problems.
Translated, pretty good English. Recommend.
Brandie Lea Slicer
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still burning through this series! I’ve always wanted to be a an Author and Lina Potter has definitely inspired me! I love her writing style and I’m keeping her books on my Kindle for inspiration.
Rachel
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting

Found one error in medical advise. Putting lemon in boiling water kills the effectiveness of vitamin C and any medical student should know this. But enjoyed reading
Demeiko
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m addicted to this series. There is much intrigue and adventure throughout the story.
Nick Roberts
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant book

I could put it down i love this as much as the first book.the story is moving along great.looking forward to reading book 3
Jerome Ellis
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good follow up. Again hard to put down. Story line continues with newer characters. Great development of those characters.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Odyssey (The Stork Tower, #2)
  • Counselor (The Young Ancients, #5)
  • Pirates Bane (The Wandering Engineer, #6)
  • The Road to Magic (The Way of the Demon Series, #1)
  • The Eaorl (The Casere, #2)
  • They Said it would be Easy (April, #7)
  • The Legacy Builder (The Chronicles Of Lincoln Hart Book 1)
  • Hammer of Witches (Thaumatology, #6)
  • Bonesetter 2 -winter- (Bonesetter, #2)
  • Making the Grade (Omnia Online #2)
  • Hunter's Bounty (Veller, #3)
  • Fostering Faust (Fostering Faust #1)
Call it inspiration, the voice of a Muse, or plain obsession… Lina J. Potter has been dreaming up stories for as long as she can remember. She has a light-hearted approach to writing. Whenever she is not writing, you can find her practicing karate and lace-making. Nowadays, she lives in the quite town of Tambov with her husband, daughter and two cats.

Lina is looking forward to hearing from you! C

Средневековая история (5 books)
  • First Lessons: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #1)
  • Palace Intrigue: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #3)
  • The Royal Court: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #4)
  • The Price of Happiness: A Strong Woman in the Middle Ages (A Medieval Tale #5)
“Alas, sometimes man plans but the gods laugh.” 1 likes
“Richard grimaced. She was attractive, but not to his liking. Something about her reminded him of spoiled meat served in a complicated sauce – it may look good, but it’s inedible.” 0 likes