Start by marking “DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)” as Want to Read:
DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)

DEV1AT3

(Lifelike #2)

Lemon Fresh has seen better days.

After the climactic battle in Babel, she finds herself separated from Ezekiel and Cricket in the wastelands. Lemon’s abilities to manipulate electricity mark her as a deviate, and deadly corporate operatives are hunting her to use as a weapon in the war between BioMaas Incorporated and Daedelus Technologies. Instead, Lemon finds herself fal
Published June 25th 2019 by Knopf Books For Young Readers

Chelsea Humphrey
Jan 10, 2019 marked it as paused-on-hold
I need this book more than food and water and air.
Hamad
Nov 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
And now it has a cover (a little pink would look good on the shelf I guess??!)

Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
RELEASE DAY!

Review also found at:

Release date: June 25, 2019 by Knopf Books For Young Readers.

Reading the blurb at Goodreads will spoil you for book one, and we’re still a bit over two weeks out from release day, so I have to be careful about revealing too much.

If you haven’t started this series yet, the setting is a post-apocalyptic garbage dump, environmentally ruined America run by corporations. Most organic beings outside of humans are genetically-engi
Ishmeen
Jun 07, 2018 marked it as to-read
Only halfway through 2018 and this is already my most anticipated novel of 2019 - that is IF it comes out in 2019 which I’m not even sure of 😭 y’all I NEED THIS SO BAD??!!

Can someone get me a time travel machine pls.

Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

I've come to the conclusion that (along with a couple of other authors) I should just set up a direct debit out of my account each month to go directly into Jay Kristoff's bank account. This would cut out the middle man and let's face it I'm going to end up buying whatever book is the new release eventually so might as well do it in installments. This is my long ass winded way of saying he is an autobuy and I can't wait for this because I loved Lifel1k3.
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I really enjoyed Lemon Fresh in LifeL1k3. She was a breath of fresh air and I really hurt for her and Ezekial at the end of the first book. So I was dying to check out the sequel where our side kick takes center stage...

I think the title Dev1at3 totally suits Lemon's story and goes with the LifeL1k3 moniker quite well. I don't hate the cover design. I think in person it would probably be quite stunning in an understated sort of way. I w
♔ Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔
I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT AN ARC OF THIS.
Shelley
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Science Fiction
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

DEV1AT3 is the second installment in author Jay Kristoff's LIFEL1K3 trilogy. In the wake of an uprising in a post-apocalyptic USA, the robotic populace have been reduced to slaves, and androids (robots who look like humans) have been outlawed. LIFEL1K3 was about a girl named Eve and her best friend Lemon who find a ruined android in a scrap heap; an almost-boy named Ezekiel, who knows the truth behind the robotic revolt
♠️ TABI ♠️
Jul 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
this is a 100% appropriate reaction to that cover

Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
OMG GIVE US A TITLE OR A SUMMARY OR A COVER OR SOMETHING YOU RAT BASTARD!
Shehzeen Muzaffar
Jul 31, 2018 marked it as to-read
GUYS THE COVER😭❤🥰
MAY 2019???? MY BIRTHDAY GIFTTT!!! ALSO THE COVER IS GORGEOUS
THERE IS NO DATE? WHYYYY?? i want this book!
Kelly
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

I... loved this book.

How am I going to wait for the third book? Especially with that ending! Or should I say... cliffhanger?

description

I wouldn't be able to tell you if I loved this book more than the first. They were both really good and action-packed. I was hooked from the start and I can't wait to read the finale of this trilogy. But first, let me tell you a little bit about Dev1at3.

In this book, we follow Cricket, Lemon, Ezekiel and Eve right after the events of the first one. If you're worr
kari
I wish I had gotten to read this all in one go, but work got in the way, so alas, I am finishing it now instead of a week ago as would have been better. But just wow. I've been in quite a slump recently as all the spring and summer releases have just been mediocre. Just okay. I've wanted something amazing and haven't been getting it. And then I got this. I'm a big Jay Kristoff fan, and while I liked LIFEL1K3 and really died over the concept, I didn't love it. DEV1AT3 though. Wow. Just wow.

Lemon
☕️Kimberly
Kristoff treats us to the perspectives of Evie, Lemon, Zeke (Ezekiel), and Cricket. I think this worked really well, as we gained more knowledge about deviates, lifelikes, and the world. Hands down Cricket and Lemon are my favorite characters.

In this book we meet more; mostly deviates. Abraham, Grimm and Diesel are key players. I shed a few tears along the way. Kristoff tackles some big life questions and tests his characters. I love that he never takes the path of least resistance and damn it i
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I was really excited to read this since I couldn't wait to know what happened next after the plot twist that ended Lifel1k3.

This book focused more on Lemon Fresh's story and we get to know more details about her. I was confused by the new characters at first since there were a lot that were introduced in this book. But after a few chapters, I was already invested in them too!

Just like in Lifel1k3, this book had great characters! The new ones were just as loveable as the old favorites! Lemon Fres
Karen’s Library
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Jay Kristoff, you make me want to thump your head after that ending! How am I going to wait another year to find out what happens to my girl, LemonFresh, and Cricket, and the new friends they’ve made?? Grrrrr...

Lifel1k3, book 1, was touted as “Romeo & Juliet meets Mad Max meets X-Men, with a little bit of Blade Runner cheering from the sidelines" Dev1at3 was all of the above times 3!! It felt way more Mad Max and X-Men and to top it off, sidekick Lemon starred in this book! Her and Cricke
Meghan
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jay has done it again! This book was driven by my favorite character and I couldn't get enough of her and her story! I laughed, I cried, I swore... the things that are a trademark for my reading of a Jay book! It shocked me again in where this story is going and I need to know what happens in the next book!!
Jenny (Bookbookowl)
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-19-releases
Thank you so much to Allen & Unwin for providing me with a copy of DEV1AT3 in exchange for an honest review.

***As this review is for book 2 in the series, there will be spoilers for the first book, LIFEL1K3 in this review!***

LIFEL1K3 was one of my absolute favourite books last year and I opened DEV1AT3 with the sort of reverence and fear that comes from hoping a sequel will live up to the first book. I should have known there was no way Jay Kristoff would ever let me down!

My favourite LIFEL1
Nicole (FearYourEx)
5/5 Stars
Thank you to the publisher for the e-ARC via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

It's no surprise that I'd love DEV1AT3. I actually think I loved it even more than the first book. While Evie was the main character in LIFEL1K3, Lemon Fresh was who the story revolves around in DEV1AT3. We learn more about what makes Lemon Fresh the person she is, more about deviates, and her specific deviation. But we also get to follow the POVs of Ezekiel, Evie, and Cricket and their stories.

I rea
Jenny Bravo
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I gasped. I screamed. I cried.
This book was fantastic and somehow even better than the first..!

I received this book from the publisher at no cost to myself in exchange for an honest review.
My ARC review:
Deviate starts out right where Lifelike left off and I absolutely Love that. It made it seem like we just jumped right back into the action and for the rest of the book, it doesn't slow down at all.
Lemon Fresh and Cricket are my favorite characters so I truly enjoyed having the differing POVs in
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
The title, the cover and the synopsis gives me life!!!
Erin Arkin
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dev1at3 is book two in the Lifel1k3 series by Jay Kristoff and trust me…if you haven’t started reading these books you definitely need to fix that. They are a mix of sci-fi, dystopian, post-apocalyptic…and I love it! I will do my absolute best to not spoil anything here but be warned that there could be spoilers to the first book if you haven’t yet read.

This book picks up where we left off in Lifel1k3 and Kristoff ends up giving us a view into each character’s storyline by giving us chapters fro
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
4.5 stars!! Ok. So. Yeah. That,... just,.... when you know, from the very beginning of the book that it’s most likely going to end with a bang. So you try to read it through your fingers covering your eyes just like when watching a scary movie and you just KNOW somethings going to jump out at you?? Yeah. That.

This book was an EPIC sequel to Lifelik3. I’m not even sure how Kristoff does it m, but he creates such a vast world and weaves magic with his story telling.

I’m so invested in these chara
OutlawPoet
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
So…confession time.

While I remember liking book one, I don’t actually remember much about it. Even after reading this one, very little of book one came back into my mind. It could be that I’ve just read too many books since then.

But…

I really liked this! I loved Lemon Fresh. She’s our girl power star of this book and she’s so awesome. Cricket has a major storyline here too, and it’s wonderful and heartbreaking and…um… very robot power?

As for Ana/Eve, that was okay. I like psycho-Eve and fear that
John Ross
Dec 01, 2018 marked it as to-read
The official cover of 'Dev1at3' by Jay Kristoff is out in the open!

Dev1at3 by Jay Kristoff

I am not sure if I'd be happy or sad, because it does not really follow the layout of the cover of the first book. #OCD
Celia McMahon
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the new title!!!
Ari ☾
Jan 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
01/12/2019:Flips a table Can I please just get this book now? Lifelike was so good, and like, that ending literally stabbed me in the chest.

Also that cover is actually amazing?????
Kibby
This eARC was provided to me by the publisher per my request. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are completely my own and not influenced in any way. Thank you to Random House Children's Books/Knopf BFYR.

Full (Non Spoiler) review can be found at Something of the Book.

I always find it difficult to review books written by Jay Kristoff. I’m either too stressed out and/or mad over a tense cliffhanger or I’m just annoyed by how darn well this man can write. With DEV1AT3, I find that I
Kat Mullen
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
You’re really just gonna leave us right there, Jay?!

Thoughts I had while reading:
- All The Lemon 🍋🍋🍋
- Hey Xmen vibes, I see you
- You’d think I’d know better than to get attached by now
- Never trust anyone
Astrid Miranda
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book begins about five hours after the last events of Lifel1k3, in which Ezekiel, Lemon and Cricket are running away from Babel Tower, leaving their friend Evie behind. Very quickly they are separated in the wastes and their individual adventures begin.

The story has different POV's which is great because I love getting to see their individual characterizations and the development without the other characters being present. Lemon Fresh is seen struggling not only with her powers but with bein
« previous 1 3 next »
You Are Never Too...: DEV1AT3 (Lifelike #2) - June 25, 2019 21 15 Jun 25, 2019 06:47AM

• Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • Skyhunter
  • Scorch Dragons (Elementals, #2)
  • The Half King (Untitled #1)
  • Malice
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • Thornlight
  • The Midnight Lie
  • The Kingdom
  • Untitled (Threads of Power, #3)
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • War of the Bastards (Royal Bastards, #3)
  • Seven Devils (Seven Devils, #1)
  • Untitled (The Last Magician, #3)
Jay Kristoff is the #1 international, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of THE NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLE, THE ILLUMINAE FILES and THE LOTUS WAR. He is the winner of six Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, has over half a million books in print and is published in over thirty five countries, most of which he has never visited. He is as surprised about all of this as you are. He is 6’7 and has approx ...more

Lifelike (3 books)
  • Lifel1k3 (Lifelike, #1)
  • Untitled (Lifelike #3)