Start by marking “DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)” as Want to Read:
DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)

DEV1AT3

(LIFEL1K3 #2)

Lemon Fresh has seen better days.

After the climactic battle in Babel, she finds herself separated from Ezekiel and Cricket in the wastelands. Lemon’s abilities to manipulate electricity mark her as a deviate, and deadly corporate operatives are hunting her to use as a weapon in the war between BioMaas Incorporated and Daedelus Technologies. Instead, Lemon finds herself fal
Published June 25th 2019 by Knopf Books For Young Readers

Start your review of DEV1AT3 (Lifelike, #2)
jessica
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
im a simple person - i see anything with jay kristoffs name and i read it. no questions asked. mainly because i always know what im going to get when i open one of his books.

true to his storytelling genius, the pacing in this is on point, the method at revealing information/world building is clever, the characters have great depth to them, the plot line is never lacking, and dont even get me started on that ending. i really, really enjoyed this.

i also appreciate that this sequel shifts directi
BernLuvsBooks
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-books, 2019
Deviate totally lived up to my expectations! Now to await Book #3. How fast can you write Jay Kristoff? 😁

I absolutely love this post apocalyptic, robotic world! If you aren't reading this series - you should be! Kristoff does an amazing job of making you feel like you have been pulled in to his world. There is drama, humor, secrets, lies, manipulations, friendship, loyalty, love, deviate teens with some X-Men like superpowers, killers, fanatical cults set on purifying the race from deviates, dea
Hamad
Nov 20, 2018 marked it as lost-interest
After being disappointed twice by Mr.Kristoff with both Darkdawn and Aurora Rising. I can't currently continue the series as I feel I won't be fair to it and because I forgot almost everything in book 1. Also his writing gets more on my nerve now more than it makes me happy!!

(And yes, I am trying to clean my shelves and getting rid of some books!)
Chelsea Humphrey
Jan 10, 2019 marked it as dnf-lost-interest
I need this book more than food and water and air.
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
On sale now! Review first posted on Fantasy Literature:

description

In a brutal, blasted country called the Yousay (USA, of course), hostile androids contend against regular humans and superpowered mutants against a backdrop of robot death matches, in a dystopian Mad Max type of world. DEV1AT3 is the sequel to Lifel1k3, which should be read first. Obligatory warning: This review ― not to mention a helpful four-page glossary that author Jay Kristoff provides at the very beginning of DEV1AT3 ― contains a few m
Sԋҽʅʅყ ƚԋҽ Wҽιɾԃ αɳԃ Wαɳԃҽɾιɳɠ Wαɾɾισɾ
RELEASE DAY!

Review also found at:

Release date: June 25, 2019 by Knopf Books For Young Readers.

Reading the blurb at Goodreads will spoil you for book one, and we’re still a bit over two weeks out from release day, so I have to be careful about revealing too much.

If you haven’t started this series yet, the setting is a post-apocalyptic garbage dump, environmentally ruined America run by corporations. Most organic beings outside of humans are genetically-engi
Cindy ✩☽♔
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Rating ~3.5

That ending...wtf though

Safe to say this book was not what I was expecting. There was a complete shift in focus, where the first book was primarily all about Eve. This book was predominately all about Lemon.

The Cast:
Lemon
Our favorite sidekick got a promoted to newbie heroine status. In this installment, we learn that Lemon has known about her special abilities for quite sometime. She has chosen to keep her special ability hidden from everyone, even her best friend. But as always with
Ishmeen
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quarantine-tbr
3.5/5 stars ~ I wish I could have rated this higher, trust me I really wanted to but in my opinion it just didn't quite live up to the expectations set by Lifelike. This was one of my most anticipated books of 2019 but I have to say I found the pace to be a bit slow and the perspectives not as interesting as Eve's in the first book which I enjoyed a lot more. I struggled to binge this book because I was already in a slump and it didn't quite hook my attention. I was hoping for more solid plot tw ...more
Phrynne
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5000-2019
Amazing! Great characters, entertaining dialogue, terrific story and action, action, action. What more could anyone ask for!

Poor Ezekiel - I cannot imagine what the future holds for him. Poor Fix - the less said about that the better. There were sad moments and fun moments and lot of people and non people dying not very nice deaths. The battles are hugely exciting and the author's imagination knows no bounds. Those hive ladies were just incredible.

And the totally abrupt ending means we are left
Ari
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I really enjoyed Lemon Fresh in LifeL1k3. She was a breath of fresh air and I really hurt for her and Ezekial at the end of the first book. So I was dying to check out the sequel where our side kick takes center stage...

I think the title Dev1at3 totally suits Lemon's story and goes with the LifeL1k3 moniker quite well. I don't hate the cover design. I think in person it would probably be quite stunning in an understated sort of way. I
Dark Sith Lordette Jennymort ♔
description

*2020* I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT AN ARC OF THIS.

but here we are. LETS GOOOOO

description

the ending of this is a damn thing gave me a heart attack.

my poor babies.

and fyi (view spoiler)["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>["br"]>
Alaina
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
ughhhh the wait for the next book WILL be the death of me guys.

DEV1AT3 was such an amazing book. I'm so mad that it took me forever to dive into it but let me tell you - it did not disappoint. I can't believe that I missed everyone so much since I re-read LIFEL1K3. It's weird but oddly comforting. So, when I dove into this book it kind of felt a bit nostalgic.

I will admit that I was a bit disappointed that this mainly focused around Lemon.. but towards the end I think my opinion changed for th
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

I've come to the conclusion that (along with a couple of other authors) I should just set up a direct debit out of my account each month to go directly into Jay Kristoff's bank account. This would cut out the middle man and let's face it I'm going to end up buying whatever book is the new release eventually so might as well do it in installments. This is my long ass winded way of saying he is an autobuy and I can't wait for this because I loved Lifel1k3.
Samm | Sassenach the Book Wizard
Never--and I mean never...read a Jay Kristoff book and think you'll be okay with it ending and you not having the sequel with you. You'll always end up being these dogs:
Stacee
As soon as I found out this was a book with Lemon Fresh, I was all over it. Then the first page was a glossary slash refresher of all of the characters and I couldn’t stop grinning.

I loved Lemon so much. I was thrilled to get so much time in her head. She’s snarky and maybe a little prickly, but really the softest of marshmallows. There are a few new characters, but I’m going to leave that super vague. Same for what’s going on with the old characters.

Plot wise, it starts with a bang and doesn’
Adah Udechukwu
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
DEV1AT3 is far more awesome than Book 1. I'm looking forward to Book 3.
Amy Risner
Jun 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books, 2019-arcs

ARC provided by Knopf Books in exchange for an honest review.

I had so much fun reading this one, y’all. I really loved LIFEL1KE, and this sequel did not disappoint. I will admit, however, that I didn’t love it as much as the first book. But that’s just because I had a few issues with the pacing and some of the predictable twists (which, honestly, is not a bad thing.)

DEV1AT3 picks up right after the events in LIFEL1K3. The group is separated into four POVs: Lemon Fresh, Cricket, Eve, and Ezekiel.
Melissasfandomworld
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
There’s not a single dull moment to be found in this book! Such a thrilling and fast-paced read that left me aching more!

Not sure how I feel yet about some developments as well as the amount of ‘slang’ being present and used a bit too much at times... but it’s forgive-able seeing how much I enjoyed reading this book from beginning till end.

I loved the characters, human and non-human as well (maybe the non-human characters even more so, lol), a lot, and also really liked meeting all the new one
Tabi⁷ (ᕗツ)ᕗ
Jul 14, 2018 marked it as to-read
this is a 100% appropriate reaction to that cover

Taneika
3.5 stars!
Enjoyable but the multiple perspectives/everyone being split up grated on me for some reason? Definitely still keen to see how this series ends tho bc WOW that ending!
Emma
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. I liked this better than the first one! This was very much Lemon Fresh’s book and I am glad it was. She really gets put through the wringer both physically and emotionally in this one. I loved Cricket, Solomon and Preacher too. The last 25% was amazing!
Brenda Waworga
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
what a fun sequel!! i think i enjoyed this one more than the 1st book! i love there is mini Glossary on the front of the book so youll remember anything that happened on the 1st book!

The Story centered more on on Sidekicks characters on book 1 which i enjoyed immensely! I love Cricket, Zeke and Lemon Fresh so it was so funnnn to be inside their heads in this book

So many actions and robot fights and super powers mixed with funny banters typical Jay Kristoff

Just like LIFEL1K3 i found some of the
Carlos
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-btr
I absolutely loved the first book in this series , the second book suffered of that lack of surprising twist since everyone had a role already. There were some attempts at surprising twists but none as radical as the first book, that being said I did enjoyed this book as a sequel because while it wasn’t perfect it did not extinguish my desire to read the next one . Amazing series so far .
Fabi
Aahhh, this was so good! Like a full Thanksgiving meal. Everything you love plus dessert.
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Between 2 and 5 stars ???? Nah, it’s probably more of a 4,5 or 5 but …

I am really angry and conflicted!!!! Jay chose a trope that I dislike very much the “everyone is separated and follows his own path while trying to find the others again but that won’t happen or not before a loooong time”.

There.

You have it.

The cause of my anger and the between 2 and 5 stars.

Of course it’s the author’s absolute right to choose his trope.

And no Jay’s writing is not at fault here.

It’s just me. Me and my own pers
exploraDora
***4 stars***

Review coming shortly.
☕️Kimberly
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristoff treats us to the perspectives of Evie, Lemon, Zeke (Ezekiel), and Cricket. I think this worked really well, as we gained more knowledge about deviates, lifelikes, and the world. Hands down Cricket and Lemon are my favorite characters.

In this book we meet more; mostly deviates. Abraham, Grimm and Diesel are key players. I shed a few tears along the way. Kristoff tackles some big life questions and tests his characters. I love that he never takes the path of least resistance and damn it i
Robin (Bridge Four)
Some minor spoilers for Lifel1k3

Things I know about Jay Kristoff.
① - He isn’t afraid to take chances with his characters and stories.
❷ - He probably is sustained by the tears of his readers.
③ - He write friendships really well.
❹ - He really seems to enjoy worlds with a lot of devastation due to over pollution.
⑤ - Just because you think you know where the story is going don’t get too comfortable because things are about to change.

Dev1at3 starts out just after the events of Lifel1k3 and our charac
Arunima
Crazy. Fucking crazy is what this book was. Just like I had expected it to be.

“You know, crawling out of bed today?” Lemon shook her head and sighed.
“Really bad move.”

*Read under POPSUGAR READING CHALLENGE 2020 for - A book with a robot, cyborg or AI character*

description

Okay, yes, so where was I? Oh yes, fucking crazy . I think that pretty much sums up the book pretty accurately.

Let's start off with the premise. So, what's happening right now? The last book ended with a lot of interestin

• Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • The Other Side of the Sky (The Other Side of the Sky, #1)
  • Undying (Unearthed, #2)
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)
  • Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
  • Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3)
  • Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • This Vicious Cure (This Mortal Coil, #3)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • Heartwood Box
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
Jay Kristoff is a #1 international, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fantasy and science fiction. He is the winner of eight Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, has over half a million books in print and is published in over thirty five countries, most of which he has never visited. He is as surprised about all of this as you are. He is 6’7 and has approximately 12,000 days to live.

He does

LIFEL1K3 (3 books)
  • LIFEL1K3 (Lifelike, #1)
  • TRUEL1F3 (Lifelike, #3)