Start by marking “The Naked Sommelier” as Want to Read:
The Naked Sommelier

The Naked Sommelier

Biodynamic. Naked. Organic. Laura McLove goes back to school. Spiritual school. She lures Leon - a hot, young, French natural wine expert - with the law of attraction and together they go on the road - Leon in pursuit of wine, Laura in pursuit of him.

A "Natural Wine" noir, for lovers of the movie 'Sideways', and writers Bukowski And Fante.
ebook
Published May 16th 2018 by Claire Doyle

To ask other readers questions about The Naked Sommelier, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Naked Sommelier

Start your review of The Naked Sommelier
Nico Genes
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this being an intriguing story, definitely, a must read.

In this book, we are witnessing to an important period in Laura’s life. Searching for a meaning, a spiritual awakening type, and probably a man that will stay, Laura, a 46 year red-haired good looking woman, left London after the death of her mother and moved to the countryside to study agriculture. She didn’t necessarily want to be a farmer but she saw this as an escape from London’s life. She thought and felt that she could b
Tabitha Ormiston-Smith
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Laura wants to be a writer, because a psychic told her to, so she enrols at an agricultural college. Of just such surface inconsistencies are real people made up, and this book's protagonist has a three-dimensional quality that grounds the narrative beautifully. This willingness to allow a character to be fully developed is, to my mind, a quality that distinguishes the better class of literary fiction.

The theme of wine runs through the book like a painted river on a backdrop, but the real actio
Pamela Canepa
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bgs-author
I enjoyed this book, and for the most part, I liked the places it took me. I just kept wanting to strangle the narrator. Her travel partner, Leo, seems so sexy and appealing at first, but all that sure changed. At times, I got tired of Leo's attitude. There are some fun moments and the language of this book is, at times, poetic and somewhat of a stream of consciousness like what you would read from Kerouac and his tales of being "On the Road." Her poetic language also turns humorous at times, in ...more
Tibor Szentkiralyi
Great book

I enjoyed this book very much. It was a great tale with wine, law of attraction, love, travel, and humor.
Susan Wüthrich
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reading this novel I wondered if it was a true story of a disastrous trip.
I also wondered how I would write this review as I wasn’t enjoying the lonely, female cat owner Laura, who spends her time bemoaning her age (46), her looks and her life, which up to that point had amounted to very little.
The story gets going when she agrees to travel with a 29-year-old, arrogant and conceited Frenchman, Leo(with whom she is in love), on a road trip across the United states.
Following Route 66 to st
Shelly Wilfong
Jul 15, 2019
Kathy Hess
Jul 21, 2019

• Kindle Bestseller Publishing: Write a Bestseller in 30 Days! (Beginner Internet Marketing Series Book 5)
  • The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less
  • Fiends of the Hub
  • A Year in the Life of Leah Brand: A Psychological Thriller
  • The Psychology of Selling: Increase Your Sales Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Amazing Keto Casseroles
  • Become a Successful Indie Author: Work Toward Your Writing Dream
  • Earth to Centauri: Black Hole Oblivion: One Ship. One Crew. No Escape.
  • Release Strategies: Plan your self-publishing schedule for maximum benefit (Successful Indie Author Book 2)
  • Thorns