Start by marking “Teaching Trust (Forever in Middlebury #2)” as Want to Read:
Teaching Trust (Forever in Middlebury #2)

Teaching Trust

(Forever in Middlebury #2)

Sebastian ~

I screwed up and ruined a perfectly good relationship with my ex, Anthony. But my epic screw-up helped him find the happiness he deserved, and that left me truly alone. So my life became the gym I own, and doing the drive-of-shame home after my countless hook-ups. I cut out trying to have any type of relationship, because my heart just wasn’t in it. That is unt
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 225 pages
Published May 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Teaching Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teaching Trust

Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
4.5⭐
A slow burn, very sweet romance.
Recommended!
It could work as a standalone, but I strongly recommend to read the previous book for a better understanding 😊
Claude
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars
Just because i wouldn’t cut any part of this. It was a slow burn romance beetween two sweets guys.

Tyler is an art teacher who run far away from his boyfriend because the guy was abusive. In every way you can be abusive to someone. It was hard to read about it because it seems so unreal for me. Human can be so bad. Tyler became a loner. Afraid of people. Panick attacks. Normal. But strong, he never gave up and it was a beautiful sight to see.

Sebastian was the « bad guy » in the first
Amy Dufera
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Teaching Trust is the second book in the Forever in Middlebury series by Brittany Cournover. And, just like the first book, I Loved it!

Sebastian, who was a bad guy in the first book, is happy for his ex, Anthony, but is sad to be alone. No family. No real friends. He knows that by losing Anthony, he lost a friend and a great guy who put up with all of his bullshit. I love Sebastian's realization that his time with Anthony was not based on love and that they could never have lasted forever.

Tyler
Becca
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book. When I 'met’ Sebastian in book 1, I really didn't know what to think of him. I knew I didn't like him because he hurt Anthony, but he seemed sincere in his apology for screwing up. And now I know why. These tear jerkers are killing lol. This is a very good book. And a good series.

Sebastian had begun to realize lately that he's lonely. All he does is work then go home. Occasionally he has a one night stand. Ever since he and Anthony had broken up, he didn't have anyone he really
Cee Brown
*✫)4.5 "What doesn't kills you makes you stronger..." stars ~Kelly Clarkson
.•.•*)✯ .•*)
✮ (.•✶ (.•`I really, really liked this book. So emotional and telling and so out of left field. I was so frigging good right up until the last page when Sebastian said to Tyler: "I wear Grant's ring on my right hand, because he was my first love, but I want to wear your on my left because you're my last."

I so wanted to hate Sebastian after what had happened with Anthony in Teaching Tenderness, but reading h
Anna
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Szczerze mówiąc nie spodziewałam się , że ta książka będzie taka dobra, ale jest. Główni bohaterowie, z przeszłością i to jaką, zaczynają od przyjaźni, o którą walczą, a później mhhh . warto
Lee Quail
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marcus Anderson's wife, Rebecca, suddenly leaves him and their dyslexic son, Jackson, for another man. Married for ten years, Marcus is shoved, quite unprepared, into the Single Parent category, which he handles superbly. Of-course, to me, this label is in itself sexy enough to get my hormones racing like any formula one engine at Monaco. Marcus copes with this sudden upheaval by diving into his work, and who wouldn't? It happens every day. The problems surface three years later; Jackson has bec ...more
Xanthe
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my second book with Brittany Cournoyer and I enjoyed it just as much as the first. This book does include a slightly darker aspect, with Tyler escaping an abusive relationship, but it's hinted at we don't read it happening.
Sebastian is from book 1, Anthony's ex who cheated and this is his story, his chance to make you like and love him. He currently works at the gym he owns.....and that's it, apart from hook ups. However upon meeting Tyler and being rebuffed twice his interest is complet
Megan
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-bi, romantic, sexy
One man keeps his heart locked away by having a revolving door of men, another keeps his heart locked away by avoiding any kind of romantic connection at all. Both of them need something more, something deeper, but only if they can allow trust to unlock those doors.

We meet Sebastian in Teaching Tenderness as the cheating ex. Now, that's not exactly a way to endear him to us, but we're sure there's a reason. It takes a long time to get that reason and all along the way, outside of his care and co
Kathryn Manzella
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trust begins with friendship...

Sebastian doesn't do relationships. He tried it with his ex Anthony but then he screwed that up. His past still haunts him and because of that he is a book ups only type of guy. He has friends but none he hangs out with much, and only a couple people know why he is the way he is. Then he meets Tyler and finds himself wanting to get to know this new, sad guy who walked into his gym.
Tyler is running and hiding from his past. His ex was abusive and Tyler came to Midd
Dixiecowgirl
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Trust, forgiveness, friendship and love are some key themes of this awesome story. Both MC's have experienced loss and loneliness and run from their past in different ways. These men find friendship in a very unexpected way and together they start to heal and their walls start to crumble. I love the slow burn of this story, how honest the growth was and how much heart both men had. The had to learn to trust themselves and each other and only then could they find love. This story is well written ...more
Ruth Evans
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a captivating read this book is. This is the first time I've read this author but definitely won't be the last! Although this book can be read as a stand alone I think they should be read in order so that you have a background and an understanding of where the characters come from.
Sebastian had it all and then lost it. After that he damaged anything he did have until Tyler. Tyler walked into his life and he wanted him in his life anyway he could get him.
Tyler ran but wanted to settle down
Melissa
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful! I could not go to sleep until I finished. Tyler is trying to escape his past and start over new. He has established a new life for himself in Middlebury. He is a very private person. Sebastian messed up his long term relationship with Anthony which has made him swear off any other relationship. When Sebastian first meets Tyler in the local bar he hits on Tyler who turns him down. They meet again at the gym which Sebastian owns. Tyler signs up for a personal fitness traine ...more
Jennifer Reilley
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the series and I loved it.

Both Sebastian and Tyler are single, with no family, no friends, and just lonely.

Both men have had very hard pasts which contributes to their isolation, lack of relationships, and friends. When they both recognize this they decide they want to give a friendship a shot and with that learn to trust. Can their past come back to haunt them? Can they move forward and find it in them to trust and to love again?

I loved the story and the characters. I found t
T
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read the 1st book in the series and have been anxiously awaiting book 2 so I could find out more about Tyler's story.
Tyler is escaping abuse and starting a new life and Sebastian has resigned himself to not having relationships.
I enjoyed the live story between the two MCs and thought the title of the book was perfect. Both characters have to learn together to trust each other and to trust in the friendship they build. I thought both were lovely characters and I enjoyed watching them find thei
Karen Edwards
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sebastian doesn't do relationships. His ex can attest to that. Tyler settles in Middlebury while trying to hide from his abusive ex. After a little time and patience, Tyler agrees to be friends with Sebastian, which then leads to something more. Trust is a big, big issue for each of these two characters. Kisses are to be given and secrets are to be told! I wish I could remember who recommended this book so that I could thank them! I totally lost myself in this book and couldn't put it down. I wo ...more
TK
Such a great series!

This was a great book. It was so well written. And the characters were well developed.
Tyler just broke my heart. He was briefly in book 1 as Jackson's art teacher and I'm glad we got his story. I really wanted to hate Sebastian because of how he treated Anthony in book 1. His story is heartbreaking and was told in such a way that you forgave him for how he acted. Tyler and Sebastian are perfect together. I highly recommend this book and book 1 of you haven't already read it.
Pat
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wonderful!

Tyler found Middlebury after fleeing from an abusive relationship. He doesn't trust easily nor does he cope well with social interactions. Tyler decides to join the gym to build himself up in case his ex ever finds him. There he meets Sebastian the owner of the gym. Sebastian has commitment issues due to a past tragedy. But an unlikely friendship between the two develops. Tyler suddenly needs Sebastians help when his ex arrives in town. Their friendship develops into more over time. Ca
Colleen Cremen
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loving and Full of heart

After reading the first book, I was curious about Sebastian's story. I loved this book. Reading about Sebastian's and Tyler's past, watching how they both fought their demons and reading how they became friends. I loved how Sebastian fought hard for Tyler's friendship and also made him think and then Tyler fought hard himself. Two beautiful souls finding love with each other. Great read!
Julie
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Real slow burn

This is a slow burn between Tyler who comes from an abusive relationship and Sebastian who has also loved and been hurt in the past. A series of events brings them together where they start their friendship. It was nice seeing them grow into it and how protective Sebastian was of Tyler with each passing day. I enjoyed the secondary characters and look forward to Peyton and Marshall’s story next.
Paula C Brooks
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

I enjoyed the first book of this series but wasn't excited about the 2nd. Domestic violence is a no for me. However this book was great, the. Violence was mentioned but not experienced. I loved the characters and the way the story unfolded. A great book and well worth reading.
Sativa
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

Sebastian goes from frog to Prince. This book is fabulous... the author captured the fear and anxiety survivors face after DV. She managed to give Tyler the happy ending and the tarnished Prince we all hoped for...but this also had a lot of laughs and quite a bit of steam, well worth the time to read
Rebecca
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

For being a new author Brittany has blown me away! She give her characters so much personality and so much passion! I didn’t like Sebastian on book one but I absolutely fell in love with him in this book! Him and Tyler are perfect for each other and I absolutely love them as a couple!! Truly a wonderful read!
Lisa White
Brilliant read

Wow I couldn't put this book down its the second in the series and it just keeps getting better loved Tyler's character and I had a hate love thing for sabastians character first I hated him then I loved him , the story was brilliantly done, loved it. Highly recommend this book can't wait for the next
Corinne
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Slow paced friendship that required time and work to perfect. And it was perfect. True love requires friendship, support and strength. These two men had it and developed it through this book.

Loved them
Renee
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tyler is trying to make a fresh start after an abusive relationship. Sebastian has been relationship-adverse after a tragedy. The two form an unlikely friendship that deepens to more.

Sexy, sweet romance. Abuse and mental issues are handled with respect and sensitivity. Fabulous read!!
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-challenge
Omg Sebastian has redeemed himself lol.

I wasn't sure about this book because of him in the last book, but having seen what was going on with him I must admit he is adorable. Really good story.
Raven Raine Immortas
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The emotional roller coaster you read between Sebastion and Tyler will keep you reading. Great story about overcoming heartache and pain to truely love and trust again.
DTM
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ok..solid 4 stars..I had tears, more than once....Loving this series..relatively short books, this one was packed with emotion, some sexy times and left me with a big smile...Ready for #3!!
Kaye
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a wonderful story with two beautiful characters.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Ride or Dye (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #6)
  • Snowflakes & Cinnamon Buns
  • Under the Boardwalk
  • Reclaim (Under My Skin #3)
  • #Burn (Fever Falls #2)
  • A Tangled Truth (Stonewall Investigations, #3)
  • Who We Were
  • Ever-Greene: A Souls Christmas Novella (Souls of Chicago, #7)
  • Denver's Calling (Cooper's Ridge, #1)
  • Chasing Heat
  • Join the Club (Four Kings Security, #3)
  • Sin & Saint (Executioners #4)
  • Leaning Into Touch (Leaning Into, #4)
  • Finding It (Metropolis, #3.5)
  • Pretty Reckless (Addicted Hearts, #1)

Forever in Middlebury (3 books)
  • Teaching Tenderness (Forever in Middlebury #1)
  • Teaching Truthfulness (Forever in Middlebury, #3)