Start by marking “The Millionaire's Wife” as Want to Read:
The Millionaire's Wife

The Millionaire's Wife

Everyone has their secrets. But this one could destroy your marriage.

When Anna Blackwell opens an email from an unknown sender, the shocking image attached shatters her perfect world. A woman has been killed. And Anna knows who did it. The past is catching up with her.

Is it her turn next?

To protect herself and her husband Will, she must tell him the terrible truth about
Kindle Edition
Published May 17th 2018 by Bookouture (first published April 27th 2017)

Berit☀️✨
4.25 Who Can You Trust? Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟.25

Shalini Boland has become an autobuy/request author for me... her writing style flows so well and has such a crisp and clean feeling to it (not even sure if that makes sense, but it does in my head)... this book was originally self published and now is being brought to you by Bookouture.... I had a busy reading weekend and this book made it so easy... after I picked it up I did not want to put it down... I needed to find out what was going on?

Anna appears to
Malia
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my fourth book by Shalini Boland, and I know it won't be my last. Her style is so easy to read and all her books have held my attention from start to finish. The Millionaire's Wife is, I believe, Boland's first book which she self-published and now that it is being re-issued by Bookouture, I was offered a chance to read it by the publisher, for which I am very grateful. The story centers around a woman, Anna, and jumps back and forth between the past and present, revealing two important ...more
Courtney Wells
- cracks knuckles and neck -

Okay, suspense is admittedly not my usual forte BUT having read about vampires and a dystopian future by this author I am going into it with sincere optimism. She's always been solid about her backstory and I would love to see how that talent applies to a woman with a deep, dark past rushing up on her.

Firstly, snazzy cover. Minimalistic but still eye-catching and subtly emphasize someone with a double life who must confront the darker aspects of it.

Regarding the pages
Sarah Joint
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is crazy. I'm choosing to blame the book instead of my own lack of responsibility for my exhaustion today, because it kept me up late. I needed to see how it ended! It's definitely outlandish, but it's so absorbing and flows so well that I didn't mind. Please take my advice and stay away from spoilers on this one. I really believe they'll ruin the experience. Some of the twists left me stunned, and I'm usually pretty hard to surprise.

On the other side of the world from our dear Anna, a
Gary
Aug 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy the writing style of Shalini Boland and it is an entertaining read but this book was a little too far fetched for my liking and left me feeling disappointed. I have enjoyed other books by this author and I am sure I will read more of her work but this one was not for me.
The book certainly has a lot going for it, interesting characters, decent plot, but I am sure that if it was a little more believable then I could have been hooked.
Mandy White
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I am a fan of this writers recent books, her last I absolutely loved. But this one just went way off track and kept going. It was completely far fetched and not like her later books at all. I did read it in one sitting but it just shocked me and not in a good way. Sorry, this one was not one of her best
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Anna has it all. She’s married to a millionaire who she is very much in love with and life is good. That is until her ex makes a reappearance threatening to take everything away from her.

The story flicks between present day and to the past at different stages of Anna meeting Fin and their relationship together. I really enjoyed getting to see why Anna was so worried and what sort of man Fin was. Certainly not a very nice one, that’s for sure.

I loved Will. Obviously the fact he is rich is just an
Jess the Audiobookworm
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c-march
4.25★ Audiobook⎮ I’m new to Shalini Boland, but already impressed. The Millionaire’s Wife was a solidly told thriller. It may not have knocked me off my feet or necessarily even kept me on the edge of my seat, but it definitely kept me listening.

At just over seven hours of runtime, I was easily able to hear all of The Millionaire’s Wife in one day. Boland’s writing style was concrete and straightforward, bordering on simple. You wouldn’t think that style of writing would work well for suspense,
Diana
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since I discovered Shalini Boland I've become addicted to her booka. And I didn't even like thrillers before! She has a masterful way of writting, and I love how she settles the drama and the mistery and then she begans to feed us little clues, snipets of information and everything begans to evolve and morph in front of your eyes. It is amazing.

This book is about Anna, a woman who marries a millonaire and holds a secret from him. She plans on telling him when she is sent a gruesome pic of a dead
debbicat ☮~Traveling Sister
What a great thriller. I have read two other novels by Shalini Boland, The Girl From the Sea, and The Best Friend and I enjoyed this one just as much. Boland is a great writer.

This story begins with what appears to be an accident while a couple is on a vacation in Barbados in January 2017. Barbados seas are warm and refreshing. Katie wants to spot dolphins and goes for a swim even though her husband would rather lie on the beach. Katie, a woman in her late 20's, is killed in a boating accident
Alissa Haley
I would like to thank Shalini Boland for providing me with a digital ARC of this book! Review is now up on Diva Reads!
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: April 21st 2017

“The trouble with secrets is that you never know how the other person is going to react.”

*** A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Anna
Rating: 2.5 stars

I've read two other books by this author, rating them 4.5 stars The Child Next Door, and 4 stars The Secret Mother.

This third one started also started and built up very well, but the last few chapters were ridiculous, suddenly turning into childish action adventure rather than staying tense and interesting.

Disappointing.
Amy Mc
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! The main character is so frustrating at times, but that was a delicious thriller!
Alicia Huxtable
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you're looking for a suspenseful read, look no further.
When Will marries Anna, he has no idea of the secrets she holds, but secrets have a way of coming out.....especially when a deranged ex knows them too. This book made me feel like I'd been slapped in the face several times with its WOW didn't see that coming moments.
Kath Middleton
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna, an ordinary girl, met and married Will, a rich man, though she didn’t know that at the time. She’d been involved with Fin, a boy she met at school and they eventually moved in together. Eventually, things fell apart, as they do, and her best friend Sian saw her through the worst of it. Now she has the relationship she’s always wanted – and the money doesn’t hurt! A single text message throws it all up in the air.

This is just the sort of book I love. Characters I can believe in, a plot whic
Angela
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-requests
Shalini Boland is a skilful writer of suspense and The Millionaire's Wife is as tense and gripping as her first two of this genre – The Girl From The Sea and The Best Friend.

The story is set over two timelines – now 2017, and ten years earlier, 2007 when all the characters first met. It dramatically starts with the death of Fin's wife when she is run over by a high speed motor boat while holidaying in Barbados. A few days later, Anna, newly married to Will and was many years ago the girlfriend o
Shih Writes
May 07, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sad. I really wanted to like the follow up books to The Girl from the Sea by this author. This was just bad. The story was far fetched, the characters were uninteresting and the attempt at a plot twist didn't work.

The writing didn't work either. What does "She pulled a face" mean? Is this a real expression. She also used "set my teeth in edge" more than once and other cliches.

I feel that her first book was too good and she rushed to write follow up books in a hurry.

My advice - slow down, make it
Kristi Elizabeth
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read all my reviews at: https://brainfartsandbooks.wordpress.com

Wow, this was the first book I’ve read by Shalini Boland and it was a real page turner! I’ve had a few dud books lately so when I started reading this one I was so excited to find that I couldn’t put it down.

Anna is a beautiful girl with a crazy ex-boyfriend named Fin. But back in high school, EVERYONE wanted to be with Fin. After high school, the couple has a hard time making ends meet and goes their separate ways. Fast forward thr
Alafair🌸
Really stupid girl!

Anna meets Fin when she is 15. They are classmates. She has excellent grades and could attend any university of her choice but insists on moving in with Fin after graduation. They struggle to pay bills and eventually their relationship goes from bad to worse.
I hate reading a book where the main female character is so weak and stupid. It was impossible for me to even care what happened to Anna since I did not like her at all. So many horrible events took place because she was t
Keri
Jul 31, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh.

Interesting premise. I had high hopes but this book did not meet my expectations at all. Very contrived story. I was so disappointed because the book ended up feeling very childish and just ridiculous towards the end. Grown adults would not have made the decisions the characters did in this book. Waste of time.
Melissa Borsey
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shalini Boland has once again knocked it out of the park with a super suspenseful story! Anna is living her dream life with her wonderful husband, Will. She receives a text with a picture of a dead woman who has lost half of her face and is immediately hit with the fact that life as she knows it is over. Why? Who is this woman and what does her death have to do with Anna? Through flashbacks from the past we slowly learn about the horror that is coming her way. Could not put this one down, excell ...more
Susan Angela Wallace
The Millionaire's Wife by Shalini Boland.
How far would you go to be with the one you love? Lie . . . Cheat . . . KILL?
When Anna Blackwell sees a news report about the death of a woman on the other side of the world, she knows her greatest fear is about to come true. She knows it’s her turn next . . .
OMG. Absolutely fantastic read with brilliant characters. I was not expecting that. 5*. Highly recommended. Tbc on fb.
Aug 31, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: three-star
Despite falling within the suspense category, this was a surprisingly easy read. I enjoyed it for the most part but found the writing and characters behaviours too obvious throughout.

Anna is married to the rich and successful Will and life is good. That is until her past begins to crawl out from the woodwork and she is forced to confront the lies and secrets she had buried beforehand.

I thought the storyline was good and fairly unique although the characters are a bit too one dimensional for my
Renita D'Silva
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This author never disappoints! Every book is edge-of-the-seat, nail bitingly thrilling. I just couldn't put this one down and read it in one sitting, late into the night! One of the best thrillers I have ever read! Amazing! Cannot wait for more from this fabulous author!
Renita D'Silva
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terry  (TBC)
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this. I was hooked from the start the young couple, how they managed or didn't, then life goes on. The teaser taste of badness, then at 1 point Woah! What.....
Such a good oomph. But the story is fully rounded, it came together and was great.
Well worth buying and reading.
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If anyone can have me reading until 2am and finishing a book in less than 48hrs in the school holidays its this author....massive five stars from me.
Shalini Boland has a lovely talent for drawing you into a story and giving you well developed characters bit by bit and then just as you think you know where the story is heading she throws in a paragraph (or even just a sentence) that sweeps the rug from under you and turns everything upside down. The story was intriguing in a way that is impossib
Suzy Turner
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I should start by saying I'm a HUGE Shalini Boland fan. I've read everything she's ever published and loved it all. And The Millionaire's Wife is no exception. It had me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning, sucking me in at every turn.
Well-rounded characters and a plot that is simply brilliant, The Millionaire's Wife is full of twists and turns, which will leave you desperately wanting to read more of Shalini's books. I know I want more thrillers like this!
Caroline Vincent - Bits about Books
Anna and Sian are not ‘in’ with the popular crowd at school but Fin is every schoolgirl’s dream. Anna cannot believe her luck when he picks her! Years later Anna’s life seems perfect until the past catches up with her …

Introduction

A happy couple on their holiday. Everything seems fine until she decides to take a swim and a motorboat tragically ends a young life. A few days later, Will is having a surprise 30th birthday party. His loving wife Anna has organised it all, including the fabulous pres
  • Remembering Sarah
  • Killers
  • There Will Be Killing: A Novel of War and Murder
  • Heart Sync (A Perfect Match #3)
  • Malignant
  • Guilty as Sin (Knight & Culverhouse, #2)
  • Promises to Keep (Sabrina Vaughn #3)
  • A Swollen Red Sun
  • Blink of an Eye
  • The Widow Next Door
  • Death By Dangerous
  • The Ninth Step
  • Blood & Tears (Flesh, #3)
  • The Damage (David Blake, #2)
  • Disturbed Mind (Grace Ellery #2)
  • Saving Laura
  • The Squad Room
  • Cold
Hello :) I write suspense thrillers and dark adventures, and I live in Dorset, England with my husband, two children and our dog. I only write reviews for books I enjoy!

*** Be the first to hear about my NEW THRILLER RELEASES here: http://eepurl.com/b4vb45 ***

*** Join up to get FREE eBOOK DEALS here: http://www.ebooksoda.com ***