Start by marking “Mother of the Chosen (The Mother of the Chosen #1)” as Want to Read:
Mother of the Chosen (The Mother of the Chosen #1)

Mother of the Chosen

(The Mother of the Chosen #1)

Adriella always wanted children. Now, she finally has her wish. Overcome with joy, she cannot wait to tell her husband about her pregnancy…until she hears a new prophecy proclaiming that a child will soon be born—one who will destroy the High King.

When a royal decree demands the death of all young children, along with any born over the next two years, Adriella’s life come
Published May 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Mother of the Chosen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mother of the Chosen

Start your review of Mother of the Chosen (The Mother of the Chosen #1)
Mel (Epic Reading)
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-booksirens
The introductory chapters of Mother of the Chosen are superb. There is a pace that is quick and a clear and obvious plot. Unfortunately after those first few chapters things start to head downhill and become a hot mess. There is a lack of focus on this novel overall. Even before I read the afterword/acknowledgements at the end of the book I could have told anyone that it was not properly edited past the first few chapters. It's unfortunate as Janeal Falor has writing potential but this is not a ...more
Alaina
I received this ARC from BookSirens in exchange for an honest review.

Mother of the Chosen was the first book I've picked off of this because it honestly looked like it was something I would enjoy. Heck, it looks like it could be a book on KU if I'm being honest here. In it, you will meet Adrielle. The beginning was pretty cute and adorable but then it just kind of became a shit storm.

Adrielle is pregnant after years of trying. However, life sucks dick right now because pregnant women and childre
nathalie
Jan 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
yeah. no. this was not good.

The twist at the end? That is supposed to want you to continue on with the series? The title of the book spoils it.

Further, the characters never truly had to face any dangerous situation as they were always magically resolved in the span of a few pages, which made the read pretty tedious.

I would not recommend this book to anyone, it's harsh but it's the truth.
Amina Ibrahim
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Mother of the chosen" by Janeal Falor is a dystopian fantasy following Adriella's journey as she travels on foot through the whole of Erta to save her unborn child.
Adriella is pregnant after she and her husband, Richart have been trying for some years. She can't wait to tell her husband. But when a prophecy is made that a child born with a symbol of star on him/her will kill and end the rule of High King, He orders zasins (soldiers) to bring every child up till two and pregnant women from every
Jamie Jack
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: p-2019
Dystopian Fantasy...with a Cliffhanger

We are thrust into Adrielle's life at a happy moment, when she discovers that she is pregnant after trying for years. That moment quickly turns into anguish when she discovers that all small children and pregnant women are being rounded up and killed because of a prophecy that a child is to be born who will kill the high king. The rest of the book chronicles her flight from her home as she tries to get away to protect her child. The author has done a good jo
Elsbeth
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodread-authors
Janeal Falors books are a bit like Stephen Kings. The worlds she writes about seem pretty normal at first. And before you know it, you are surrounded by fantastical beasts. Yep, she knows where to find them...
This is another action-filled adventure fantasy. Well written and a great story!
I received a copy and choose to review it.
Myla Aguilar
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I won this book from a contest the author had, yeah me 😁. I am so glad I did. I truly liked this past paced action and adventure, set in it's own world with Magic and many type of supernatural beings and creatures. I cannot wait to read the next book.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Jeni VW
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-fiction
Mother of the Chosen is a fast-paced read set in a fantasy world where occupations and spouses are decided on the basis of needs. Adriella, the main character, finds she is pregnant with her first child just before her best friend Candui (an elf) tells her the high king has decreed all pregnant women and children up to age two will be rounded up and killed to prevent a prophecy from coming to pass. Adriella's husband is a zasin, one of the high king's soldiers, so she cannot confide in him becau ...more
The Mysterious Reader
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, how many way can one say “wonderful”? (fantastic, remarkable, outstanding, awesome, magnificent, marvelous, fabulous, incredible, tremendous, phenomenal, superb, terrific, amazing, wondrous, excellent, cool, sensational, surprising, brilliant, astonishing, astounding, awe-inspiring, divine, groovy, miraculous, peachy, prime, staggering, startling, stupendous, super, too much, dynamite, something else...)

Let’s just say that Mother of the Chosen was indeed “something else”, and that something
Holly Vincent
May 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*** I’m volunteering to review this arc ***

Adriella is strong character. There is prophecy that a child who is born with a star on their hand will be the one to kill the king. The king declares that all children and pregnant women be killed. Adriella finds out she is pregnant. She’s afraid for her child’s life that she can’t even share the news with her loved ones and her husband, who works for the king. With help she runs away with her friend to find somewhere to have the baby. During the trip
Elda
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This has definitely the best cliffhanger I’ve read in a long time. Definitely motivates me to read on. Throughout the whole book, Adriella is running from the high king’s lackeys to avoid losing her baby to be slaughtered. She and her entourage come across many obstacles including orcs, trolls, fairies, even some supposed friends and family members who betray her. It’s hard to believe that any pregnant woman could withstand what Adriella had to, but of course this is a fantasy book and Adri ...more
Lisa Whitehead
I have always loved this authors work, so was very surprised to read this book and find so much wrong with it.
I love the idea of the story, but the writing is not very well done.
Adriella drives me mad with how much much she dilly dallies about in her thinking.
So much of what happens is implausible - people who have nearly finished a log cabin in a dangerous woods, with a baby on the way would not leave it all behind to then have absolutely nothing.
Or if they did, there would be a greater hards
Georgia Tumbleweed McNabb
The story was entertaining to while away the day while stuck at home. The main Character is a young woman who is pregnant and in a 4 yr marriage with a man the higher ups pick for her. Not a bad marriage but 4 yrs later they really don't know any deep things about each other. There is a Lot of walking going on in this story.
Jessica Traver cashen
Shelves: arc-s
Brilliant story. Well written with a great plot and characters. I was sucked in on page one. This book also has awesome world building. It is fast paced with action, and a bit of romance. It also has one hell of a cliffhanger. I can't wait to read the next book. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Rochelle Wilson
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome the details was so great and the things the main character went through was just crazy, it was just one thing after another I felt like me and her needed a break. When that lady told her she would be betrayed I started playing detective trying to figure out who. Can't wait to read the next book.
Tanya
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She is finally pregnant but she can't tell anyone not even her husband as any baby must be killed as just one of them is the chosen one. This one will destroy the king and she knows her baby is the one. She goes on the run to save them. Will they survive? See what will happen
I received an advanced copy and I enjoyed it so much that I want to review
Richard Goodrum
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story. Heart wrenching. Adriella is strong and compassionate. Well written. Fast paced. Cliff hanger.

I received a complimentary copy of this book and voluntarily posted an honest review.

Action packed. A bit of romance. Unpredictable. Entertaining. Wonderful Characters. Great world building
Joanna
Mar 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quite interesting listen. The narration was odd at first but the story was enough for me to see over that. Not sure I like the main character's whiny attitude about giving up. Her ability to keep alive and do what must be done helps me see her in a better light. I think there is some hope as the story progresses that it will be a good story. Looking forward to the next book.
Beaulah McLean
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So filled with adventures and diversity, I had no choice but to admire the lead character...nothing like a strong female character to make a story great, in my opinion...yet I must admit the story ended with me being in tears and wishing I had a story that followed this one.
Tristan Burbridge
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it
The story line was good and the book had a smooth flow to it. The character work was great. I look forward to more by this author.

Heather Bane
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mother of the Chosen was a really good read. I enjoyed the characters and found them well written and developed. The storyline was engaging and very well written. I would recommend reading.

Carlynne Toomey
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great dystopian story with a bit of a twist. Great narration and complexity of voices. The only thing I didn't like was the cliff hanger. So now I can't wait for book 2 and going back into this exciting world with well developed characters and fantasy story line!
Amanda
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was a good story with plot twists but it ended in a cliffhanger and I despise those. I got this book through story origins and this is my voluntary and honest review.
Ida Ekåsen
Kratzov
rated it it was ok
Oct 04, 2018
Nora
rated it did not like it
Sep 28, 2018

• The Shadow of a Dream
  • Longbourn: Dragon Entail: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Jane Austen's Dragons Book 2)
  • The Bloodletters
  • Zelia's Lost Path
  • Dawn of the Deadly Fang (Lycanthrope Trilogy, #2)
  • The Void Beyond (Dark Galaxy, #1)
  • Voodoo Academy (Gates of Eden: The Voodoo Legacy, #1)
  • To Carve a Fae Heart (The Fair Isle Trilogy, #1)
  • Once Upon a Quest (Once Upon a..., #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Royal Mates (Royal Vampyr Duet, book 1)
  • The Cauldron Stirred (Guardians of Erin, #1)
  • Betrayals & Broken Promises (Masquerade of Myths, #1)
  • Pretty Little Werewolf (Little Werewolf, #1)
  • Blood of Night (Kings of Sterling #3)
  • Fate (The Edge of Forever, #1)
  • Heart of Siren
  • A Throwback Witch (Wildes Witch Academy Book One)
Janeal Falor lives in Utah with her husband and three children. In her non-writing time she teaches her kids to make silly faces, cooks whatever strikes her fancy, and attempts to cultivate a garden even when half the things she plants die. When it's time for a break she can be found taking a scenic drive with her family or drinking hot chocolate.

The Mother of the Chosen (4 books)
  • Protector of the Chosen (The Mother of the Chosen #2)
  • Guardian of the Chosen (The Mother of the Chosen #3)
  • Sacrifice for the Chosen (The Mother of the Chosen #4)