Start by marking “The Sentinel's Reign (Silent Sea Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sentinel's Reign (Silent Sea Chronicles, #2)

The Sentinel's Reign

(Silent Sea Chronicles #2)

The Sentinel’s reign is doomed to failure unless Tei can prevent the Kalayan people from plunging into war.

With the new Sentinel initiated and the magic restored on Kalaya, life is flourishing for Tei and the exiles. But Rathnor’s plans for war soon escalate and thwart any chance of peace.

Brogan’s position on the Assembly is uncertain as rumours circulate that he is an ex
Kindle Edition
Published June 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Sentinel's Reign, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sentinel's Reign

Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

It was easier than I thought go into this world again, these books have great potential, especially their characters and the atmosphere of danger that it's constantly surrounds them.

description

4/5 Stars

You can find this one and more of my reviews on my blog A Book. A Thought.

Of course, I can't tell you what this book is about because they would be a lot of spoilers of the first one, but I can recommend it so easily, especially if you like fantasy and you're in those moments when you want to try something
Jéssica
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
There isn't really much I can say about this book that I haven't said in the review of the previous one, because honestly I liked it just as much as the first book. But let me tell some things.

Since it's a series, the flow kept going, with the same pace, with some character development and, of course, the plot continues to be great. Then again, it is the following book and things are intertwined and it got interesting even more with some major scenes and characters that surprised me a bit.

I read
Susan Hampson
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is a while since I read book 1 in this series but it all came back to mind pretty quickly as each character re-emerged in the story. You really do need to read book 1 before this one, not only to get a feel of the characters but it really does continue with story lines that tie up in this one too.
Life is as good as it gets when the story opens but that cloud of doom and foreboding is never far away. Kalaya is an Island where the exiles and Tei live under a cloak of magic provided by the new S
Nadine
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5/5!

This and other reviews can be found on my blog

The Sentinel's Reign is the second book in the Silent Sea Chronicles starting with The Lost Sentinel (my review). I enjoyed reading the first book and was very excited to receive also a copy of the second instalment.

In this story we follow the same characters as before. Calissa has now become the new Sentinel and Tei is her confidante. Brogan is still a member of the Assembly and continues to defy Rathnor, who in turn seems to gain more and mor
Karen
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book re-introduces you to Tei and Callisa, the Sentinel, fighting against Rathnor and his plans.

With "The Sentinel's Reign", Suzanne Rogerson presents us with several interwoven plot lines, one covering Tei and her companions, another getting closer to Brogan, and a third one is on Farrell. All plotlines are relevant, the one I did not get warm within the first book has become very interesting. The story is skilfully elaborated, comprises interesting turns, and has a  great flow. Suzanne Ro
Lorraine
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, fantasy
The second book of the trilogy continues the story of life on Kalaya, and is another great book from Suzanne Rogerson.

The Sentinel's Reign moves at a slower pace than The Lost Sentinel, but still has plenty of action.

The characters we met previously continue to develop, grow, and adjust to their new circumstances.

Suzanne Rogersons world building and descriptive writing ensured that, once again, I could always see where in the world I and the characters were.

I have become attached to many of the
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:

We pick up Tei’s story in this book and witness how life has already changed with the Sentinel found and taking her place in Kalaya. We also witness how certain characters must cope in the aftermath of the last book’s challenges and tragedies. While finding the lost Sentinel and restoring the island’s magic is wonderful and what the people have been long waiting for, it’s not all sunshine and dreams come true. In fact several enemies and unexpected obstacles arise from the s
Graham
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 in the Silent Sea Chronicles by Suzanne Rogerson. I literally read this book straight after the first book and its just as good if not better. I can’t wait for the final book to be released to see how this trilogy will end. This book left a pretty much open ending which has literally had me on the edge of my seat and making me want more. I’ve been constantly thinking about what could happen in the third book. If you can’t tell I’m a bit excited to read it.

As I said this book conti
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Today is release day for this, the newest book, from Suzanne Rogerson! The Sentinel’s Reign is book 2 in the Silent Sea Chronicles. In this installment, Calissa has become the Sentinel and Tei her confidante. Both are struggling a bit with the adjustment to their new roles. At the same time, Rathnor is upping his campaign against magic and the death and destruction is increasing. As Rathnor continues to get stronger the fate of Kalaya and its magic is becoming more and more precarious. Meanwhile ...more
Jessica Bronder
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Although the Sentinel has been found and magic restored to Kalaya, things are not as great as they first appear. Prejudice and mistrust run deep and not everyone is accepting of those that use magic. There are those that are still planning on a war and won’t be swayed from their goals. Then you have the young man that is still trying to keep his own home going but will he be able to keep war from happening?

Let me start by saying that I recommend reading these books in order. You hop right into t
Yvonne Davies
The Sentinel has settled into her new role and Kalaya is thriving on the magic. But all is not happy as the brink of war is not too far from everyone’s mind.
All I can say is what a read and even after finishing this book, I am still thinking of the rollercoaster of a story. Following on from The Lost Sentinel, we follow the MCs, as they are on their individual life journeys. As we follow Tei, throughout the story, you soon come to realise that she is not as confident in her new role, but it also
Jessica Belmont
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
What I love about The Sentinel’s Reign is that it doesn’t struggle from “middle book syndrome.” The plot is great, the characters are developing, and this doesn’t feel like just a bridge from book one to book three!

No one is safe in this book, and I’ve grown to care for these characters, so I was on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen to them. There’s still room for these characters to develop, and I think that will make a good third book.

I love Suzanne Rogerson’s writing style. I fe
Maxine Robinson
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
The Sentinel's Reign is a fast paced fantasy, that picks up right where The Lost Sentinel left off. There is plenty happening, with each characters story weaving together. It touches on love, loss and friendship and finding your place and purpose in the chaos that is life.
Ian
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Rating: 6/10

INITIAL THOUGHTS
This second instalment of the Silent Sea Chronicles is very much in the same vein as its predecessor, but does redress some of the weaknesses inherent in book one. The pacing of The Sentinel’s Reign is significantly slower than the break-neck pace of The Lost Sentinel (which is definitely a good thing), allowing the characters to be developed more. Being given additional insight into the main characters made it easier to understand their motives and actions.

The rapid
Jun 22, 2019
David Freedman
Jan 06, 2019
Suzanne Rogerson
May 22, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: fantasy
Lucy-May
May 03, 2019
Strawberry
Jul 15, 2018
Suzanne lives in Middlesex with her hugely encouraging husband and two children.

She wrote her first novel at the age of twelve. She discovered the fantasy genre in her late teens and has never looked back. Giving up work to raise a family gave her the impetus to take her attempts at novel writing beyond the first draft, and she is lucky enough to have a husband who supports her dream - even if he

Silent Sea Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Lost Sentinel (Silent Sea Chronicles #1)
  • The Sentinel's Alliance (Silent Sea Chronicles, #3)