Start by marking “Love From A to Z” as Want to Read:
Love From A to Z

Love From A to Z

A marvel: something you find amazing. Even ordinary-amazing. Like potatoes—because they make French fries happen. Like the perfect fries Adam and his mom used to make together.

An oddity: whatever gives you pause. Like the fact that there are hateful people in the world. Like Zayneb’s teacher, who won’t stop reminding the class how “bad” Muslims are.

But Zayneb, the only Mus
Expected publication: May 7th 2019 by Salaam Reads (first published April 30th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Love From A to Z, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love From A to Z

شيماء ✨
I have decided to legally change my birth day to March 07, 2019 because this book literally gave me life.

This is the most unapologetically Muslim book that I've ever read. Reading it felt like a hand reached for, and found in the dark. Gosh, I love this book so much it feels like there is no longer room for my heart, still full of this story and these characters. MY MUSLIM SOUL HAS NEVER BEEN SO CONTENT.

YOU GUYS. PLEASE PRE-ORDER THIS BOOK. Full review to come.
S.K. K. Ali
Nov 27, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Friends & fellow readers: I have finished writing the book. It is a book full of pain, love, anger, love, joy, and soul -- so much of it being the stuff we Muslims hold inside.
It is hard to share such a book with the world. You wonder if it will be "too much" or whether people will connect and understand.
But then you release the book because you've held on to the hurt for too long. And because you believe there's more love in the world than hate, more hope than fear.
Now, please have some
Noura Khalid (theperksofbeingnoura)
Thank you Salaam Reads for the free (gifted) review copy in exchange for an honest review!

Here's my attempt to string together a bunch of sentences about the best thing that has ever happened to me.

*Clears throat* When I heard that a book like this was going to exists I was ecstatic. S.K. Ali wrote a book that made me feel seen. Books featuring Muslim characters are quite rare. I've made it my goal to read as many books centering around Muslims as possible this year. This book right here is wh
Julie Zantopoulos
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided by the publishers and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am not an own voices reader for this novel but I have read the reviews of a few and I love that they believe this story so closely mirrors their own lives and is a reflection of themselves, their culture, and their struggles with Islamaphobia and navigating the world we live in. It honestly makes my heart so happy.

"Never, ever quake in the face of hate, Zayneb."

At the core of this story is Zayneb, a Muslim girl fro
Adiba Jaigirdar
May 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A SECOND BOOK FROM S.K. ALI EVER SINCE I FINISHED SAINTS AND MISFITS AND WOW I AM EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK.

I mean, a Muslim love story??? We rarely get to see this side of ourselves portrayed! 2019 can't come soon enough!!
Sheharzad ⚘
Jan 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
a muslim love story? bish, i have tears in my eyes. and may 7 isn't that far, right? riGHT?!

also love from a to z? i adore this title because hello. cute name/word play happening here. freakin cute as heck aksjfhd.

description
☆ Maram ☆
Jan 08, 2019 marked it as 2019-releases
Shelves: muslim-rep
I am so excited!
This book is about a Muslim girl who goes for the spring break to visit her aunt in Qatar.

I have been looking for a book that's set in Qatar because I live there. And I found it!

If this book is not good I will be so angry, this is the book I have been waiting for and it has to be good.
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Jun 13, 2018 marked it as releases-2019
Muslim love story! I think! also, cuuuuuuuuuuuuute
rachel
Dec 27, 2018 marked it as radar
the cover

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
writerJ
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had the good fortune to read an early copy of this book and I can't stop squeeing about it. S.K. Ali has written a poignant, powerful story about first love, one that deals head-on with important life issues. I can't wait to see this beautiful book (and its AMAZING cover!) hit bookshelves. Do yourself a favour and pre-order. This one is special.
zaheerah
I DIED

RTC
Kaitlyn
This is a beautifully written story about first love, and it brings to light important societal issues that people tend to overlook. No words can express the gratitude I feel to be a part of this blog tour and being able to promote this novel on my website. Thank you to the publisher for a free copy of this novel!

Full review to come closer to the publication date! You definitely don't want to miss out on this.
Sami
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love From A to Z is like walking into the ocean; at varying times peaceful or turbulent, but always breathtaking. Ali's writing is incandescently joyful, even in the face of grief, illness, and anger, and I felt so much for Zayneb and Adam as they faced trials beyond their years.
Samantha Fondriest
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Arc provided for review by Edelweiss and the publisher.

4.5 - An amazingly diverse contemporary romance that also touches on social justice, intolerance, and serious health issues. I loved getting to know Zayneb and Adam and learned a lot about what dating and relationships look like through a Muslim lens. This book is important - it is some much needed Muslim rep in ya, and it actually talks quite a bit about religion and faith - but it’s also really good. Something I love about books is the abi
Afoma Umesi
It’s one of those books I really don’t feel qualified to rate, so I’ve skipped assigning a star rating. I did enjoy the love story, but I also feel like I’m totally not the target audience. Love from A - Z follows two Muslim teens, Adam and Zayneb who fall for each other while grappling with their own issues.

The book features a strong anti-islamophobia message (that’s really the main theme), a look at multiple sclerosis (which Adam is diagnosed with, and his mother dies from), and the importance
Elke
Dec 28, 2018 marked it as expected
oh my god i am SO EXCITED for this book. and the cover! absolutely in love
Lisa Calc
Shelves: 2019-releases
LOOK AT THAT COVER IT'S PERFECT AAAAH ♥
Laila
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this book. Though it took me a bit to get into it, once I did I couldn't put it down. As a Muslim reader and reviewer, I loved being able to see myself and my faith represented on the page in such a complex and non-sterotypical way. In addition, both Adam and Zayneb were fully fleshed out characters, of which their faith played apart. I loved how Zayneb was an activist who cared so much about the world and worried that she felt too much, and how Adam was a soft cinnamon roll character. ...more
Acchupta
Mar 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
JUST LOOK AT THAT COVER MY HEART IS SO FULL
Alex
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I love so much about this book, but let’s start with the fact that this is a love story. Not just Adam and Zayneb’s, but love for their families and their culture. It gave me so many warm fuzzies despite the much heavier problems within the book. It’s almost like love can make problems a little easier to face because you can do it together.
Meg
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is so very important for everyone to read.
Zayneb is all fire. She is a Muslim girl who refuses to accept the constant Islamophobia thrown her way. She is angry and she has every right to be. Our story begins when she is suspended from school for "threatening" a teacher. The teacher in question is an Islamophobe and is constantly disregarding Zayneb. From here she is sent to Doha to visit her aunt and hopefully find clarity.
Adam is our male protagonist, he is Muslim, having converted
Rebecca
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by Edelweiss and the Publisher.

The diversity in this is PHENOMENAL.
- The story takes place (for the most part) in Qatar with a cast of primary and secondary (even tertiary) characters from all over the world.
- Zayneb, the female protagonist, is an American Muslim of Pakistani, Trinidadian, and Guyanese decent who is visiting her maternal aunt who works at an international school in Qatar. She also proudly and strongly chooses to wear hijab and dress modestly in line with her devout
Darcy
me (who doesn't even believe in love as a real, sincere thing and usually prefers lgbt stories) reading this book: oh my gosh love is real.
Emily
  • Kings, Queens, and In-Betweens
  • Untitled
  • Children of the River Ghost
  • Vampires Never Get Old
S. K. Ali is the author of Saints and Misfits. She lives in Toronto with her family, which includes a very vocal cat named Yeti. Her second novel, LOVE FROM A TO Z, a story about finding love in the time of Islamophobia, will be published on April 30, 2019 by Simon & Schuster. She also has a picture book co-authored with Team USA Olympic Medalist, Ibtihaj Muhammad, THE PROUDEST BLUE releasing ...more