Start by marking “Quake (In Real Time #1)” as Want to Read:
Quake (In Real Time #1)

Quake (In Real Time #1)

Time traveling thieves. A stolen kiss. A wormhole to the heist of the century.

Fifteen-year-old Allie Bennett is a con artist, a pickpocket, and on her last chance at an end-of-the-line foster home. On a normal day of ditching school and pulling cons, she learns her mom—who disappeared when she was ten—isn’t a crazy but is actually a time traveler. And Allie’s one, too.

When
Published May 29th 2018 by Parker Hayden Media

To ask other readers questions about Quake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quake

Chris Myers
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Being a huge fan of time travel, I really loved this YA book.

QUAKE will shake your world! Riveting and amazing. Allie is a con artist, and what better place to use her talents than in pulling off the greatest heist in the last century, but to do so, she must travel back in time with a cast of unlikely Jennys (time travelers), one of whom wants to kill her. Could not put down!

This is a clean YA book with a hint of romance but centers around family. I can't say how much I enjoyed this story and t
Kelly
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: time-travel, ya
I loved this book immediately. Allie is a spunky, independent protagonist who made me care for her plight from the first pages. The time travel process was unique to me and I enjoyed experiencing the journey. Some chapters have a future pov character who monitors the past searching for anomalies and changes in the time line. The way that character spoke fascinated me. I smiled the entire time I read that voice because they used words I recognized modified just enough to give you a feel for a dif ...more
Wendy
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel
“Quake” blends time travel, a heist and a first crush into a thrilling adventure that begins when fifteen-year-old foster child Allie Bennett who often ditches school to work on her skills as a con artist and pickpocket learns she’s a time traveller after being kidnapped by a crew of time-travelling thieves lead by Steinbech (Beck) Raskin.

Learning that Beck and his team are planning a heist prior to the quake in 1906 San Francisco Allie joins them hoping to find her mother after travelling throu
Glenn Miller
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a time-travel series that makes me want more.

What hooked me on this story is the new twist on time travel.

I’ve had enough “Back to the Future” fade-from-existence storylines. A thoughtful and different take on paradoxes will keep me reading this series just to see how that all plays out.

But there’s more here than a theoretical science experiment. C’mon, con artists and a time travel heist? I was already reaching for the popcorn before page 1. But then the main character is what kept me t
Maryam
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read on a kindle and I have enjoyed it greatly! A fun and easy read.

I love stories about time travel, but this book had a new take on it, which kept me hooked!

Throw in a group of time traveling thieves planning (to the last bit of historically accurate detail) to pull the heist of the century, and a protagonist that you’ll be rooting for.. that is so “phee” !!

One thing I should mention is, the way the “monitor” from the future was using the language. Even though I had n
Steve Ruskin
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a lot of fun. It's billed as a time-travel heist story, but it's as much a coming of age story as it is about time travel, which is good for a young-adult audience. On that note, there is a little swearing but nothing you wouldn't find in a PG-13 movie.

And the time-travel concept is pretty cool--if you've ever tried on clothes in a dressing room with multiple mirrors, you'll get it. Very clever. Add to it a bunch of fun plot twists and turns, and this relatively quick read is
Jackie
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An awesome book for a first time author for me. Allie is a con artist and a pickpocket. She’s on her last chance for a foster home. She finds out she’s a time traveler like her mother. Loved it.
F.T. Bradley
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun time travel book with excellent writing, vivid characters, and just a really fresh feel overall. Highly recommend for your reluctant or avid reader alike.
Ella
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A powerful time travel story, that should only get stronger with each book. Beautifully set with a unique cast of characters.
Kim
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a good female protagonist and Quake delivers. This YA tale has a little bit of everything all wrapped up in a time travel story with some twists and turns that you might not see coming. So much fun! A fast and easy read with page-turning action and engaging characters against the backdrop of past, present, and future San Francisco. Bad guys pretending to be good guys, bad guys are the good guys are the bad guys, who knows? Depends on how the timeline is affected by the people trying to sa ...more
Laura Witte
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting Concept

I liked the main character and the time travel aspect was interesting. I disliked the weird way of speaking the person monitoring the past used. To use “magine” instead of “imagine” is just unnecessary. It felt like the author was trying too hard to make it seem futuristic, and it didn’t add to the story. There was a lot of pain and discord in the main character’s life, with little to suggest a HEA.
Cindy
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read! I loved the concept of a heist involving time travel. Allie is easy to sympathize with as a protagonist, with the typical mindset of a 15-year-old -- crushing on her first crush, experiencing her first kiss, and coasting through her first wormhole. The gang of time-traveling thieves that Allie falls into is diverse and mysterious, the action fast-paced, and the cliff-hanger ending will leave you waiting breathlessly for the sequel.
Louis M Bizzari
Dan Nickle
Nov 21, 2018
Utkarsh Raj
Jan 25, 2019
After growing up in California and graduating from the University of California at Berkeley, Chris married a U.S. Air Force officer and moved from state to state, as well as to British Columbia, before settling in Colorado. She now lives in the woods of the Rocky Mountains with her family and her service dog, Finn.

Chris writes science fiction and fantasy novels, short stories, and nonfiction books