Start by marking “Jackal (End of Men, #2)” as Want to Read:
Jackal (End of Men, #2)

Jackal

(End of Men #2)

Jackal Emerson has never taken himself seriously. Dubbed the “orgy king,” he’s renowned for his reputation as the wild End Man. But with the uprising on the horizon and his best friend missing, Jackal is having a hard time living the same carefree existence.

And then he meets a thief and everything changes.

Phoenix Moyo, principal dancer of a notorious ballet company, lives
Published June 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Jackal, please sign up.

Start your review of Jackal (End of Men, #2)
Christy
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
In a world where you're given everything, the thing they tell you not to want is what you want the most.

Jackal by Tarryn Fisher and Willow Aster was a highly anticipated read for me. After reading Folsom, I needed to see what happened. I love this writing duo. The fluidity of their words reads like only one person wrote it, and I love that about it.

Jackal is known as ‘the orgy king’. He’s the wildest, most fun-loving of the End Men. He’s always seemed to be the one who enjoyed their job the
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
**3.75 Stars

Review to come ...

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review
Ashley
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
View this review and many more at: Ashes Books & Bobs.

Tarryn Fisher and Willow Aster have started a movement, a rise of women, that is absolutely astounding with the End of Men Series. I'll admit to being slightly more critical of Folsom, the first book in the series, than many of my blogging counterparts. However, as the story of Folsom sat with me, the more I found myself reflecting on what the characters would do next. I was attached and had my mind opened to an incredible Dystopian world
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
After falling in love with Folsom and Gwen in the previous book, I was looking forward to seeing where the heck they ended up after the cliffhanger. I was hoping to see more of them than I did in this book but I am glad for the glimpses I did get. The real plot was still moving forward despite the fact that this wasn't their story. This was mostly about Jackal and Phoenix and how they fit in to Folsom and Gwen's story.

In a world where you’re given everything, the thing they tell you not to want
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Omg! I need more!! Review to come! ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4-4,5

I loved Folsom and I adored Jackal, another fantastic book from Tarryn Fisher and Willow Aster!I don't know where to start my review with this one.There were so many things I enjoyed!

description

I should first say about the amazing characters.So unique and original.Phoenix is one of my favorite heroines, independent , strong and sassy.I loved her so much.

Jackal is another captivating and fantastic story.Don't expect anything less, this duo did an amazing job with this series.I loved every minute of
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 's

This is the ongoing saga of the End Men series with the story focusing on Jackal. That means, you really need to read Folsom for a lot of this story to make sense.

Jackal's very easy going...the life of the party. He's happy with his place in the End Men and he genuinely enjoys what he does. Even after he's somewhat "awakened", I still felt like that was the case.

However, I loved, loved, LOVED how much Phoenix affected him. That is the very best thing...seeing how taken he is with her
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it

There's something about those End Men and it’s something that has me addicted. This series has firmly become my guilty pleasure, a fun read, despite the intensity of the themes, and I’m eager to see where the story and the characters will end.

Jackal Emerson has a wild boy reputation, the bad boy of the End Men, some might say. However, after all the happenings in the first novel, this second part sees our male protagonist finding it difficult to carry on his business as an End Man with his
Carlene Inspired
Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

You must read Folsom prior to reading Jackal in The End of Men series, do not read on without having read Folsom first. I thought I loved Folsom, but Jackal was better. Fisher and Aster bring us back down to earth a bit, removing some of the dystopian elements in favor of giving us a glimpse at how another district acts. The thoughts of the citizens are far more progressive since Gwen's reveal of the truth, that End Men are slaves and the male
Kate
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jackal > Folsom.

I was really disappointed with the first book of this series. There was super insta-love, women turning into sex-crazed maniacs in the mere presence of an End Man, and not enough character development to really get me invested in the story. But I persisted because this series is partly Tarryn Fisher so how could I not? I’m glad I continued because I did end up enjoying Jackal a lot.

Jackal enjoys his job as an End Man and he has a good time with it until he meets Phoenix Moyo.
Gina *loves sunshine*
I'm blaming myself for not doing a thorough job checking this series out. Dang. Shame on me for just assuming it was a duet because book 1 and 2 came out back to back May and June - I usually know what is what. LOL! I'm losing my touch.....because I failed on this one >>> this is a major cliffhanger series of books and none of them are standalone, at all. Now, I have put myself right smack in the middle of cliffhanger book #2, and no actual publish date for book 3 Kasper - UGH!!!! and ...more
Nadine
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Edit: I changed my initial star rating from three to two stars after writing my review and realizing I had only negative things to say about the novel.

Wow. Was that ever a let down compared to the first novel, Folsom. Everything about Jackal reads like a means to an end for Gwen and Folsom’s story despite their very limited appearances.

The world building in Folsom was a great start to the series. It excited the reader enough to want to continue reading and discover more about the Society and
Talon
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
”It starts with one look. I’m sure many things start that way: fights, affairs, lies… With Jackal...with me...us—that look changes everything.”

Just color me surprised...again. Because honestly- I was afraid with such a long series like this one, the books would be dragged out. I feared they would be redundant and slow instead of straight to the point and action packed but with Jackal I was wrong. The story line never once felt jumbled or slowed down in any way. In fact- I couldn’t put the book
Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch)
Buy the book or borrow it with Amazon KU.

Something unique and I loved is that this book is filled with a lot of very interesting facts about the sexual adventures of our wild kingdom. I got an education and a fantastic story!

description

Another cliffhanger but not as bad as the last one. I mean... I only got a little bit of resolution from book one but now I have more unresolved feels!

description

I know I did this to myself. I don't know why I continue to read book series that aren't finished.

I have so many
Karen Mc
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Watch out, Divergent series! There’s a new dystopian super star stealing your thunder and shining in the book universe: End of Men. Tarryn Fisher and Willow Aster prove they are a force to be reckoned with in this unique genre, delighting romance readers with not only compelling fictional characters but a masterfully-crafted fictional world that will even have non-sci-fi romance fans clamoring to meet the tales of the End of Men.

”There’s no logic in love . . . It starts small and grows into
Jackie White
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
This was just ok. I didn’t feel the angst and emotional connection like I did with Folsom. I found myself skimming a little to get to the meat of the story. Still excited to see where this series goes.
Rebecca Woodward
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
4.0 Stars

These "End Men" are addicting. Jackal is the wild party guy. He enjoys his lifestyle. Always happy to accommodate more then one woman at a time. He is known for his long stamina and orgy's. Until he meets dancer-ballerina, "Phoenix". The banter between these two are remarkable. The sexual tension bounced off the pages. And when the deed finally happens wholy moly!! Just reading gave the tingles. A must read!!! Be warned this is a hot hot hot read!!! The ending leaves us with a
Erica Russikoff
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edited
I am one member of a wife/husband review team. Here is the review from our book blog shesaidhesaidbookreviews.com.

She said:
Holy highlighter pink. If you thought Jackal’s cover was intriguing, wait until you read the book. Jackal has heart and layers—more so than Folsom. Hold up. Don’t take this the wrong way. We’re not knocking the first book in the series. If you’ve read our Folsom review, then you know we’re fans. But Jackal was…more. Just more.

Jackal and his counterpart, Phoenix, frequently
4.5/5 stars

Jackal is the second book in the End of Men series. These books are part dystopia and part romance. This series must be read in order.

In this world there are not many men left. Twelve Men - The End Men are used to impregnate women.

Book one ended in such an interesting place. So I was beyond excited to read Jackal. However this book has different narrators from the first book. So I was very curious to see how this would work. How big a part would Folsom and Gwen play in book two?

Jackal
Anna Valsa
Jul 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Even worse. The difference with Folsom is that the Jackal likes what he's doing ...more
 LEAH⇢
3.2 Out Of 5 "the Jackal and the Phoenix" STARS

I'm not going to lie I'm having multiple issues with these books so far, and yet, I'm still mildly fascinated with them…It definitely has to be due to the f*cked up world they are set in. It's an oddly engrossing and a disturbingly titillating prospective world that they have created here. It could also be due to the fact that they leave the reader completely hanging at the end of each book, some serious cliffhangers going on here.

The little facts
Shayna
“There is no logic in love, little thief.”

These ladies are freaking killing me! All you cliffy-haters out there, you are going to despise this series, but me? I just CRAVE MORE of it! I NEED MORE of it! The End of Men Series by Tarryn Fisher and Willow Aster is getting better and better even though we are left with more questions than when we started. It’s bold! It’s thrilling! It’s exciting and SEXY AS HELL! Jackal and Phoenix are quite the match and their chemistry burned hotter and hotter
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
This series is not a HEA or HFN. It's more of maybe they'll stay together but they gotta go through shit first where maybe one or both of em die for the cause. Am I invested enough to continue...eh...

Let me just state that overuse on exclamation points will have me lower my rating on a story. The first sentence began with an exclamation point and I knew it was gonna be not to my liking.
Jen
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loving this series! Wishing the other books were out already. I need more End Men.
Born To Read
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Revolution has started!
Folsom is hidden somewhere. And Gwen is in jail.
In this book, we know more about Jackal. He is another End Man. And when he meets Phoenix, a dancer who is also a thief, he feels a strong attraction immediately.
They both decide to get involved in the revolution and to help Gwen and Folsom.
I love this story. It's original and amazing!! You don't really know any of the characters because they can be traitors or not. And now, I have to wait to know what it's going to
Cocktails and Books
3.5 Cocktails

I didn't like Jackal and Pheonix's story as much as Folsom and Gwen's. I didn't really believe either of them was fully supportive of the resistance until the very end.
Tina
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, home, series
Oh, I wonder how this will end! Looking forward to the next book in the series:)
Katie Sue
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
First off you can’t judge a book by its cover with this series. These covers are beyond cheesy and makes me not want to read them.

I really enjoyed this sequel.

I’m SO glad this picks up where book 1 leaves off. Although it takes a minute to get to the goods (status on Gwen and Folsom). Jackal and Phoenix are likable characters. I missed Gwen and Folsom. This one ends on a better note. Not quite as bad of a cliffhanger as book 1. I felt Folsom (1st book) was better than this book. I liked Folsom
Love  B.
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-2018
What an ending! I honestly can't wait one whole year for the finale. Jackal was just as great as the first book. We got introduced to new characters and we got to see some of the old characters as well. Purely atmospheric, sexy and definitely gut wrenching!
Lorie
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 STARS

This series is starting to collect so many loose ends, I might start tripping over them. There's what??? 12 End Men? I sure hope I don't have to wait for each one to have his own story in order for all of this to be tied up because that would be totally annoying.

This series is interesting because it's out of the norm for me. It mixes it up and tosses in a new flavor. I think the novelty is what keeps me coming back for more. While I am enjoying it, I expected a deeper story that would
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• 5,331 Miles (The La Jolla Series, #1)
  • Fade to Red
  • I Like You, I Love Her: A Novel
  • Lilith
  • Maybe Now (Maybe, #2)
  • Lie Lay Lain
  • The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet, #1)
  • The Rules of Burken
  • Disgrace
  • The Truth About Us (The Truth Duet, #2)
  • Be the Girl
  • Double Down (All In Duet, #2)
I would like to write a novel that every, single person loves, but not even J.K. Rowling could do that. Instead, I try to write stories that pull on people's emotions. I believe that sadness is the most powerful emotion, and swirled with regret the two become a dominating force. I love villains. Three of my favorites are Mother Gothel, Gaston and the Evil Queen who all suffered from a pretty ...more

End of Men (3 books)
  • Folsom (End of Men, #1)
  • Kasper (End of Men, #3)
“Love is something that happens to you. You don’t necessarily invite it in.” 1 likes
“During mating with a honey bee, the drone’s genitals explode and his penis snaps right off.” 1 likes