Start by marking “A Widow's Awakening” as Want to Read:
A Widow's Awakening

A Widow's Awakening

Do you believe in soul mates? What if the death of your soul mate meant the birth of your life-long dream?

A WIDOW'S AWAKENING is a fictional account based on the true story of a young woman’s struggle to come to terms with the on-duty death of her police officer husband who fell to his death while investigating a breaking and entering complaint.

Engaging, powerful, heart-wr
Published September 13th 2018 by BHC Press/Asher

To ask other readers questions about A Widow's Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Widow's Awakening

Barbara
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’m having a difficult time writing a review for this book because I’m not sure how I feel about it. The book is about Maryanne Pope who loses her police husband in an “accident” even though she doesn’t want to call it that. I understand that Pope probably helped herself by writing the book but I thought it was too long and drawn out. She does go into a lot of thoughtful things about Christianity, Greek Orthodox, or is there more than just life here on earth. I suppose if you aren’t committed to ...more
Jeannette
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A Widow's Awakening follows the life of a woman whose husband is killed in the line of duty. As a fallen officer she receives his salary which frees her to do the writing that she would like to do. It follows her as she travels, grieves, battles constant reminders and phone calls.

I would not recommend this for an ultra-sensitive reader or one who is in a grieving period. It was a bit depressing to read.

I received this for free in exchange for an honest review.
Jennifer Barclay
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Whenever I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself, a bit unhappy or grumpy, I should re-read this book, a novel based on a true story of a woman whose husband had a fatal accident when they were in their early thirties. It's not only a book about grief, it's an honest account of learning to live.
Megan
Dec 12, 2018
Sharon Ehlers
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Based on a true story, A Widow's Awakening, is a hauntingly beautiful story of enduring love, overwhelming heartache and discovering resiliency. After the tragic death of her police officer husband Sam, Adri struggles to breathe let alone move forward in her life. With descriptions that are heartfelt, painful and often humorous, author Maryanne Pope artfully paints a picture of what it is like to have your entire world pulled out from under you. Having lost my own loved one tragically, I could s ...more
Edward C. Newman
Nov 06, 2018
David Henry
is currently reading it
Nov 12, 2018
Maryanne Pope is the author of A Widow's Awakening. She also writes blogs, play scripts and screenplays. Maryanne is the CEO of Pink Gazelle Productions and Chair of the John Petropoulos Memorial Fund. Please visit http://www.pinkgazelle.com/ and http://www.jpmf.ca/ for details. To receive Maryanne's weekly blog, please subscribe here: http://www.pinkgazelle.com/contact/we...