Start by marking “Thrown Off Track (License to Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Thrown Off Track (License to Love, #1)

Thrown Off Track

(License to Love #1)

Singing about love is one thing. Finding it is another.

Teague Martell has been License to Game’s bassist for over a decade, and he’s played Casanova for just as long, sleeping with almost everyone in his path. But unbeknownst to even his bandmates, it’s always felt like going through the motions.

His best friend and LtG drummer Christian Vogel has secrets of his own. Li
Kindle Edition, 2nd edition, 174 pages
Published June 11th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Thrown Off Track, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thrown Off Track

Start your review of Thrown Off Track (License to Love, #1)
Shile
Audiobook - 4 stars
Story - 2.5 stars
Elsa Bravante
Una novella muy dulce con unos protagonistas miembros de una boy band. Tierna, bonita, entretenida, con un personaje demisexual que la ha hecho más adorable todavía.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
2★'s = it was ok. Just barely, but still ok.

Writing reviews for books you didn’t like is not fun. Writing reviews for a book you requested from the author is one hundred times worse. Just ugh. Sorry author! Maybe I should have researched better prior to my request. Maybe.

I'm going to do the research for you guys.

This is not a standalone. It goes against me and my slightly more manageable as I get older OCD to read anything out of order and that includes spin-offs. This my friends is a HUGE spin
Ellie
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely rockstar (rather boy band) romance with an interesting demi rep

a longish novella, boy band m/m romance with an interesting demi rep which I liked though it was completely different from my personal experience. This is a low-heat friend-to-lovers story where two best friends and band mates become a couple. I loved the romance arc which had some virgin feel because it was the first time for Teague to feel sexual attraction and desire. I loved how they were comfortable with each other and fr
Xan West
This contemporary m/m romance novella centering two bandmates just wrecked me. I was a puddle on the ground by the end. The demisexual representation resonated so deeply and intensely for me.

Read my review on my blog.
Bárbara
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided by the author*

This was one of the most satisfying reads I've experienced in a while.

It's a recently discovered fact about myself, but apparently I have a sort of soft spot for stories about musicians. This one was extremely fulfilling on that front- with the additional perk that in involved a demisexual MC. So, yeah, the story (bandmates/friends-to-lovers, plus the demi rep) was appropriately sold for me to buy right into it.

And Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ it was so, so damn worrrr
Ami

At first, I was going YAY ... because this featured best friends, a little one-sided love, and hey, look, a demisexual character who just discovers sexual attraction to his best friend. But then it turned out into long and detailed sex scene, because, you know apparently the sex was better, and the readers have to experience that ...

I got BORED.

Skimmed it, read what happened after, and done.
Natasha
It was pretty short so I think more could've been done with extra length, but it was a nice dose of friends-to-lovers. And I'm happy to add another book to my "ace spec character's ace-ness isn't the source of the entire conflict" recommendation list. ...more
Briar's Reviews
"It sounds serial-killer creepy" = the best quote of this entire book (and it's pretty darn quote worth).

Here's the thing - I don't normally like M/M romance. Not because I don't enjoy M/M romance stories, but because every book I've ever read that involved M/M centered around stereotypical men and always made M/M seem like a joke. But this book? It has characters that felt real, with awkward situations that would actually happen, and doesn't make M/M look like some weird fairy tale full of cha
Leah
What a great friends to lovers story! Can’t wait for more from this series!

Read the full review on my blog.
Nicole Field
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: demisexual
I jumped into this book because I heard it was a rockstar story with demisexual representation, and boy was I not disappointed. My main worry about reading it right now was that it would blend too much with Anna Zabo's Syncopation, which I read recently.

But, no. This band is at a completely different phase of their career. Although their band manager doesn't always get them, he's not a dick. And Zane has just kicked off what might be the beginning of the end of the ten years that License to Gam
M
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ahhh i'm gonna struggle with this review but lemme just start with: this book is good. i'd recommend it but it just wasn't for me.

the demisexual rep is okay but i didn't enjoy it. and that's okay. the spectrum is so vast and different. not one representation is gonna fit all. also i didn't see any chemistry between the two leads i just... didn't. i thought i'd be excited for this but the more i read the more i didn't care for them. also, i didn't have enough friends to be sold on their lovers.
Da'ad
I didn't think I would enjoy this book so much, so yay! There was a moment of 'what did you just say?!!' but the unforseen cuteness and sweet romance made it all better. I love freinds to lovers so much! ...more
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
In this friends-to-lovers tale, bandmates Teague and Christian give into to their attraction to each other, but find that there's more to having a relationship than just falling into bed.

This is a bit of a different story since Teague and Christian have a lot to work out. The changes in the band LtG have everyone on edge and it becomes a bit of a source of conflict for these two. And they both have expectations and issues with intimacy to deal with. I did like the conversations between these two
Carla Krissinger
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I wasn’t a fan. The book starts in the middle of a huge storyline that was explained in a different series. I was lost, I felt no connection between the characters and I was really bothered by the blatant attitude of the author towards Western Pennsylvania. She made it sound like it’s the worst place in the world to live. Whatever.

I hate giving bad reviews. But I promised I would give a review since she was kind enough to give me the book for free.

*It doesn’t help that I read this in between O
Melissa
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, music
A solid friends-to-lovers with a band backdrop, most definitely made more by it being an ace romance. I'm not sure I'll read the others in this series, but I enjoyed this one. ...more
Hemmel
Jul 18, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It just went on and on about what they thought and seldom I meet a book with too much inner monologue but this was one. And the narration part by Chris Chambers was uninspired.
Alex
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
*I received the book in exchange for an honest review*

I’ve only later seen that this is a kind of spin-off to the previous series and while I did not notice it before, it made sense as the characters weren’t really…presented in more details. What I’ve gotten to know is that Zane just got a girlfriend and that the way he took was the beginning of the end for the band. Mostly all of the guys are preparing to branch out, some louder, and some quieter.

Christian has had a crush on his band-mate Teagu
Dilyana
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by Tamsen Parker that I'm reviewing. The first one I've ever read, in fact. As an intro to Tamsen's writing, I've got to say: not bad.

I expected more band-related content as this is a book about musicians, but the author is concentrating more on the relationship between the two main characters - Christian and Teague. As a matter of fact, all the other characters take a huge step away from the spotlight, to the point where I think the series would've benefitted from them ha
Roberta Blablanski
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided by author in exchange for honest review.***

If you've read any of my other reviews of rock star romances, you know that rock stars are my kryptonite, and Thrown Off Track did not disappoint. The story has funny moments, serious moments, and informative--without being preachy and boring--moments.

Teague is a gentle giant trying to figure out his sexual identity and is confused by his "pants-feels" for Christian. Christian is the quiet, introspective best friend and band mate who is
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I read Zane’s story, Teague seemed a pretty straightforward kinda guy. A rather typical rockstar, womanizer but in a sweet guy sort of way. I didn’t pick up any bi-vibes from him.

Christian on the other hand, being the quiet type, was intriguing. A lot intriguing, in fact. Christian is all for his friends’ happiness, which is what got him to where he is today. And he’s openly gay. What he’s not open about is his feelings for Teague. His best friend.

As they all figure out what they want to do
Claire
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
3.5 stars. I usually like Parker's books a lot but this one didn't quite land as solidly for me; points for a nice broad range of characters and personalities in this, and the dialogue and relationships were good, but something just didn't quite work for me. ...more
Katherine
Really good. I really enjoyed the non-boring discussion of different kinds of sexual preferences - asexual, allosexual, etc. Christian and Teague make a great couple. I wish there was more fucking and less angst in this one.

(re-)Read as part of Exposed anthology. Mobi format.
Kristīne Vītola
Demisexual/bisexual MC (Teague), in m/m romantic relationship
"Just friends/more than friends" language
Ally Lane
DNF .... boring
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Apr 19, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
Series: License to Love #1
Rating: DNF @ 15%

I loved the idea behind this story and was really intrigued by Christian's quiet, calm nature, but unfortunately after getting about halfway I just couldn't handle Teague's voice anymore. I felt like I was in the mind of a sugar-hyped 16 year old and while I'm sure most will find him goofy and endearing, I just couldn't enjoy it.
Moira Steer
rated it it was ok
May 02, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Spotlight (Famous #2)
  • Trade Deadline (Hat Trick, #3)
  • The Fall (Love in O'Leary #1)
  • Common Goal (Game Changers, #4)
  • Better Than People (Garnet Run, #1)
  • Goalie Interference (Hat Trick, #2)
  • Leo Loves Aries (Signs of Love, #1)
  • Hottie Scotty and Mr. Porter
  • Without a Trace (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #2)
  • A Gentleman Never Keeps Score (Seducing the Sedgwicks, #2)
  • Tender with a Twist (Rainbow Cove, #2)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Slippery Creatures (The Will Darling Adventures #1)
  • A Case of Spirits (A Charm of Magpies, #2.5)
  • Spellbound (Magic in Manhattan, #1)
  • Syncopation (Twisted Wishes, #1)
  • Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers #1)
  • The Sugared Game (The Will Darling Adventures #2)
Tamsen Parker is a stay-at-home mom by day, erotic romance writer by naptime. She lives with her family outside of Boston, where she tweets too much, sleeps too little and is always in the middle of a book. Aside from good food, sweet rieslings and gin cocktails, she has a fondness for monograms and subway maps. She should really start drinking coffee.

You can sign up for her newsletter here to fin

License to Love (2 books)
  • The Inside Track (License to Love, #2)

News & Interviews