Start by marking “A Gentle Heart (Holidays in Applewood #3)” as Want to Read:
A Gentle Heart (Holidays in Applewood #3)

A Gentle Heart

(Holidays in Applewood #3)

ASIN B07D4P3KPN moved to this edition.
When a man must choose either love or success...

Ambitious businessman Alex has big plans for his life, and getting dumped by his fiancée won't sidetrack him. He'll have to face her again at an important professional function, but he won't let himself be the object of pity and scorn. What better way to show the world—and his ex— how w
Published May 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about A Gentle Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gentle Heart

Start your review of A Gentle Heart (Holidays in Applewood #3)
Kelly
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I almost gave up on this book. I didn't like Alex. He was self centered and a jerk. I did see some redeeming qualities, so I continued.

On the other side, Tyffanie was one of those people who just radiates kindness and has a forgiving heart. She holds no judgements and doesn't see the bad in people. She is beautiful on the inside and out! She was raised in foster homes and in one for 9 years. The foster mom belittles and used her both before and after she grew up. Tyffanie continues to visit her.
Yana
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I received a free ebook review copy of this book but was under no obligation to post a positive review

A Gentle Heart tells the story of Alex, a very successful realtor, and Tyffanie, a sales girl at a lingerie store.
Alex was just dumped by his fiancée and wants to show her and everyone else that he isn’t to be pitied. He thinks that the best way to do that is by showing off with a very attractive girl as arm candy. He chooses Tyffanie to be this girl.

I really didn’t like this story. Alex is a
Nicole
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
A Gentle Heart (2018) by Christie Logan is the third novel in her Holidays in Applewood series. This novel comes in eBook form, and is 123 pages in length. With a full-time job and quite the boisterous six-year old at home, this book took me one day to read. I received a review copy of this novel in eBook form from the publisher via Kathy at I Am a Reader. In no way has this influenced my review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. I give A Gentle Heart 3 STARS. This novel is a Con ...more
Infantina
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction

A gentle heart is quiet an interesting book. This is a very short novel containing just 100 pages (Kindle edition) and I have to say, the story captured my full focus from the start. Not even a dull moment. The female protagonist reminds me of Cinderella. She has a foster mom who treats her like shit when she has to be worshipped for her virtues such as love, care, patience, kindness and respect. I was like, why not she leave her?

The story is about Alex’s unforgettable love how it blinds him to
Maria Thomas
Texas
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holidays in Applewood Series: I really enjoyed these two short stories and look forward to more books by Ms. Logan. These sweet, clean books were well written with nice people full of caring and sharing. Perfect for reading during a coffee break or curled on the sofa with a cuppa and a pet.

Dear Acquaintance #2 - A lovely, sweet and heartwarming short story. This is my first read by this author and I enjoyed this delightful story. Set on New Year's Eve, this is a well written, quickly read short
Marci
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
I received a copy of this book to review not really even knowing what it was going to be about. I sat down to read it a few nights ago and within an hour the book was done. It was a quick read, but different than most of my other "quick reads". Normally a quick read for me is something more suspenseful where I cannot put it down because I need to know what happens next. This book was just an easy read and a short book.

I won't give a basic summary of the plot, that's what the books description is
Stacey
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-books
This is a rather short but sweet story. I hadn’t realised it at first but this is #3 in the series by this author. I hadn’t read any of Ms. Logan’s novels before, & I have to be honest when I say that I wasn’t too sure I’d enjoy this novel when I started it. The main male character came across as such a jerk & the lead female character seemed a rather naive. I continued on though & I really came to like Tyffanie & eventually warmed to Alex. I’m now intrigued as to the other two stories in this s ...more
Beth McGuire
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A GENTLE HEART IS A QUICK PACED BOOK THAT IS ABOUT ALEX AND TYFFANIE WHO COME FROM TO DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS AND HOW THEY FIND LOVE. ALEX IS A BIG TIME REALTOR AND TYFFANIE WORKS AS A SALES LADY AT THE LINGERIE COUNTER. ALEX HAS JUST BEEN DUMPED BY HIS FIANCEE AND IS MAKING A RETURN AND MEETS TYFFANIE. HE IS LIKE EVERY OTHER PERSON IN HER LIFE AND HE JUST SEES THE OUTSIDE AND NOT THE SWEET, GENTLE PERSON SHE IS. WHEN HE NEEDS A DATE FOR A BUSINESS PARTY HE DECIDES TO TAKE TYFFANIE TO MAKE HIS EX- ...more
poppy
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ng
I enjoyed this book it is a perfect read to curl up with on a cold afternoon. In this book, we meet Alex and Tyffanie, he is a successful realtor and she works at a lingerie shop. When Alex is dumped his ego takes a massive hit and he decides to show his ex-fiancee by showing up with someone more beautiful than she is and he picks Tyffanie, I really liked her she was a complete sweetheart whereas he was a complete self-involved ass but I do have to admit he did grow on me not enough for me to sa ...more
Christine Garza
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic clean romance story from Christie Logan. I really enjoyed how flawed and real the characters were. This was the first book I’ve ever read from Christie Logan and I thought she had a way of bringing her stories and characters to life for readers. The characters were frustrating at times but as the story progressed and characters changed, they redeemed themselves and it was great. I loved A Gentle Heart.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leav
Fleur
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I just loved Tyffanie she is so sweet but so beaten down by Mom Harrell and the life she had with her since 9 that she doesn't know her self worth while Alex has strived to be his own boss after what happened to his father. The meet under awkward conditions but we get to see the slowly open up and get a glimpse at their better selves but alas it doesn't last wrong after a mistake Alex makes. The whole will they or won't they end up together is great and gosh I just love Alex's Mum.
Nicki
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read an advanced copy of the book. It was interesting and a bit different too. Alex was all about what others thought of him. Not a quality I admire. However he did have some redeeming qualities. And his mom was wonderful. Our girl interest...this cover picture doesn't match my mental image of her at all. She made me sad. Alex really used her. But the ending was good. The book was well worth the read.
Chesney
Jul 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I chose to read this book, due to the description. I had never read anything from this author and decided to give it a try. I was a little disappointed in the storyline. The main male character Alex seemed nice with his mom and a real jerk around women especially Tyffanie he meets. Tyffanie comes across as a naive adult, which could be due to her difficult upbringing. I really didn't feel the connection to these two characters or they connecting to one another. This book was not for me.
Janet Graham
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and Loving Clean Romance
This book has all of the 'feel goods' a reader could want. A young woman finding her confidence, a successful man finding out what is important. The story is very sweet and clean. The characters are very believable. Some of them you will want to hug, others you'll want to slap their faces. This author puts together a nice tale and I want to read the rest of her work! I received this book for free and voluntarily chose to post my honest review.
Heidi
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: big-people-books
I enjoyed this book so much I looked up and read other books in the same series. They all are stand alone books, but it was nice to see how they fit together. I loved seeing the overlapping characters and how they related. I thought the story was sweet. There were just enough elements that were different to keep me interested and I couldn't put it down. I would love to read more by this author and in this same series.
Tanya
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He was not going to let getting dumped to affect his big plans and he knew dating again would run them up. She wants more than working in the shop so when he comes in and offers her a chance of a new life. They may talk in love? If they do will he his big plans ruin what he may have with her? See what will happen

Shauna
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a fast read for me and nothing outstanding, but I liked it. Just what I needed at the time. Alex is a bit shallow, but improved throughout the story, and Tyffanie was sweet. Nothing crazy, not too much drama, although there was plenty of fodder for it, and a happy ending. Sometimes that's all a girl needs.
Donna May
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick and easy read. Sometimes people are judged and treated differently because of their size or how they look or act. This book is about getting the confidence to not care about those differences and just really embrace who you are. I wish the story was longer and had more of a conclusion. It just kind of stops. That’s my only real complaint.
Lydia
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I'll admit I struggled to fully engage with this novel. Both main characters wore their emotions on their sleeves and needed so direction. Yet, when it got down to the thrust of the story, you liked them and wanted to praise their changes. The ending was perfectly sweet making the story one well worth the read.
Misty Goan
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this easy to read, heartwarming, engaging, and fast paced story. The characters are likeable and real and seem to grow as the story progresses. It ends with a HEA but can be interpreted a couple different ways. A enjoyable story.

Karen Galloway
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Super Sweet Romance
I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book. This is a really enjoyable, entertaining Book from Christie Logan and I didn’t want to put it down. It has a Great, entertaining storyline and really engaging, well written characters, their interaction and chemistry made for a great story. It’s a very good, entertaining must read book that I really enjoyed reading
Kathy
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked this story and the plot moved along steadily. I really liked Tyffanie’s perseverance and kind, gentle heart. Alex was a pompous jerk. I did like that he was able to change as the book went along.
Ochegba
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A clean story with some innuendos. I wasn't such a fan of the beginning and how they met but they finally grew on me and I love how the hero was forced to put some big boy pants on and quit being a big baby. The heroine too had character and I loved seeing her grow into her own self.
Barbara
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am glad Alex came to see what was important and that Tyffanie learned how to trust in herself a beautiful story. This is an Author I have not read before but I will be. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The great plot was well written and the characters were so well developed that as I turned each page the chemistry between the characters kept me totally hooked until the very last page!

Era Yuskristianti
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the story. It warmed my heart. Tyff was a real sweet woman. I like it a lot. Just need a more thrilling factor in the climax. Overall, I really like it.
Anig
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Very quick read. No sex, but plenty of innuendo, so I can't recommend it as a sweet/clean romance. Writing is okay, but not great. Overall it's just okay.
Pat
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The good story and the well rounded characters kept my attention throughout the entire book!
Love
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adorable Love Story

This is a outstanding and adorable love story with endearing and meaningful moments that will definitely touch your heart and soul.

• Chasing Rainbows (Love in a Bottle, #1)
  • Runaway Bride (Magnolia Beach #1)
  • Claiming Mia (Dot Com Wolves 1)
  • The Problem with Pugs (Love & Pets, #1)
  • Stygian (Dark-Hunter, #27)
  • Call It Chemistry: A Small Town Sweet Romance (Golden Grove Series Book 1)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Gray (Alpha Geek, #3)
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • Follow Me Back (Fight for Me, #2)
  • Let's Begin Again (Pine Valley #7)
  • Topaz Heat (The Jewel Trilogy #3)
  • The Surprise Wedding (Veils and Vows #1)
  • The Wedding Hazard (Colorado Billionaires, #2)
  • My First: Jason & Katie (Crossroads, #1)
  • The Mogul and the Muscle (Bluewater Billionaires)
  • The Gifted Groom (Moore Family Romance, #1)
Christie Logan writes sweet romance straight from the heart. She lives in upstate New York with too many pets, too many dust bunnies lurking under the bed, and too many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head. She thinks everyone deserves a happy ending and in her books, everyone gets one.

Holidays in Applewood (5 books)
  • A Real Christmas (Holidays in Applewood #1)
  • Dear Acquaintance (Holidays in Applewood #2)
  • Star Spangled Second Chance (Holidays in Applewood #4)
  • A Firefighter's Luck (Love in Applewood #5)