Start by marking “Oven to Table: Over 100 One-Pot and One-Pan Recipes for Your Sheet Pan, Skillet, Dutch Oven, and More” as Want to Read:

Take the guesswork out of mealtime with over 100 essential, simple, and tasty one-pot and one-pan creations.

Sometimes it feels impossible to get a home-cooked meal on the table. Between preparing the ingredients, following elaborate directions, and cleaning up the mess of pots and pans, feeding your family or hosting friends can feel like more effort than it's worth. Fortu
Published February 5th 2019 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Oven to Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oven to Table

Start your review of Oven to Table: Over 100 One-Pot and One-Pan Recipes for Your Sheet Pan, Skillet, Dutch Oven, and More
Booksandchinooks (Laurie)
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying I don’t really like to cook. When I heard about Oven To Table I thought this would be the cook book for me. And it is! So many good soup and stew recipes and so many helpful tips. I’ve tried a couple of the recipes and loved them. I’m looking forward to adding more to my cooking over the next little while.

Thank you to PenguinRandom House Canada for this free book for review.
Laurie • The Baking Bookworm
I do so love a good cookbook. But it needs to be loaded with recipes I can make for my family that fit our tastes, are doable with ingredients I can find in my food store and don't leave me elbow deep in sudsy water all evening. With Oven to Table, Jan Scott gives readers 100 easy to make, tasty recipes, complete with beautiful and enticing colour photos, that use only one pot.

Scott's writing is easy to read and approachable as she describes different pans, required utensils, foods to keep stock
Shipshapeeatworthy
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cookable -- that's how I've been thinking of Scott's Oven To Table. Late one February afternoon I found this cookbook perched on my doorstep. I opened the package and started quickly leafing through as I walked to my kitchen to get dinner started. To be honest, I was struggling that day because I really didn't have anything planned. Many, many recipes caught my attention, but I stopped on the recipe for Crispy Black Bean Tacos because with such a small amount of ingredients (that I already had!) ...more
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am not enormously talented when it comes to the kitchen. One of the things I find most difficult about cooking is getting all of the different parts of your meal to be finished and still warm at the same time. However, I can follow a recipe pretty well. Last year, I started scouring Pinterest for sheet pan dinner ideas, and it quickly became a "go to" dinner solution.

When Penguin Random House Canada asked me to check out their cookbook, Oven to Table, by Jan Scott, I was excited to add new rec
Brandie
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every so often I get a new cookbook and fall immediately in love. That's what has happened with Jan Scott's Oven to Table, which has quickly become a trusted adviser for feeding my family, including two hungry teen/preteens. I've had the book about two weeks and already I've made at least one new recipe from almost every section.

Typically, my cooking style has involved dirtying nearly every pot and pan in the kitchen, and Oven to Table is helping me change my ways. The writing is engaging, the r
Dawn O. | Left Coast Reader
Free copy provided by the publisher.

Mom of three here cooking for a family of five every single day. One-pot, one-pan recipe collection?! Yes, please!

I get cranky when I make recipes that mess up my entire kitchen and fill my sink with multiple cooking vessels so when the publisher suggested OVEN TO TABLE I did not need convincing.

I'm an InstantPot kind of gal but there's always room for other cooking methods as long as they are mom-friendly. I equally adore my cast iron skillet, dutch oven, she
Sara
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Maybe 3. Maybe. Many of these recipes I found underwhelming. Very basic and plain. Good for beginner cooks though. I just have a lot of these recipes already and wish they were a bit more complex, not meaning difficult, but just more depth of flavours I suppose? It’s a good book with nice pics, but for beginners.
Virginia
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020, library2020
Lake Villa District Library
Featured in our 2019 Holiday Gift Guide!
H
Mar 31, 2019
Jan Scott
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Karen

• Why We Can't Sleep: Women's New Midlife Crisis
  • Forest Feast Mediterranean: Simple Vegetarian Recipes Inspired by My Travels
  • Recipe for a Perfect Wife
  • Dinner Illustrated: 175 Meals Ready in 1 Hour or Less
  • Alone in the Wild (Rockton, #5)
  • Down Too Deep (Dirty Deeds, #4)
  • The Domestic Geek's Meals Made Easy: A Fresh, Fuss-Free Approach to Healthy Cooking
  • Love and Lemons Every Day: More Than 100 Bright, Plant-Forward Recipes for Every Meal: A Cookbook
  • Modern Lunch: +100 Recipes for Assembling the New Midday Meal
  • Favourite Daughter
  • Keto Quick Start: A Beginner's Guide to a Whole-Foods Ketogenic Diet with More Than 100 Recipes
  • The Home Edit: A Guide to Organizing and Realizing Your House Goals
  • Dinner for Everyone: 100 Iconic Dishes Made 3 Ways--Easy, Vegan, or Perfect for Company: A Cookbook

News & Interviews