Start by marking “Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss” as Want to Read:

Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss

Fan favorite author Kasie West delivers an effervescent story about chasing your dreams and following your heart, perfect for fans of Jenny Han and Huntley Fitzpatrick.

Lacey Barnes has dreamed of being an actress for as long as she can remember. So when she gets the opportunity to star in a movie alongside one of Hollywood’s hottest actors, she doesn’t hesitate to accept
Expected publication: February 5th 2019 by HarperTeen

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Feb 05, 2019
    Lacey Barnes has dreamed of being an actress for as long as she can remember. But after a series of events leave her spinning out of control, Lacey is ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 2324 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Dec 01 - Dec 22, 2018

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss, please sign up.
    Amelia It's is about Abby's friend Lacey, and her story about falling in love. I am really excited to read this book, because I loved Abby and Cooper so…moreIt's is about Abby's friend Lacey, and her story about falling in love. I am really excited to read this book, because I loved Abby and Cooper so much, and can't wait to hear more from them.(less)

Jasmine from How Useful It Is
    I started reading Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss on 9/28/2018 and finished it on 10/4/2018. This book is a fantastic read! I like the main character’s easy going personality. The conversations between the characters are full of humor and just happy. It’s interesting to read about an actress’ life, especially the underage ones. I didn’t know fans could follow a movie while they act. I have never run into one. I like reading about another fellow reviewer. I like Lacey’s card games of getting to kn ...more
    Melanie
    ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

...This is going to be my first Kasie West book! *fingers crossed*

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch
    Natalie
    Mar 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    YASSS KASIE, GIVE US MORE BOOKS PLS THNX
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Tucker Almengor
    What a novel! Can you believe this is my first Kasie West book? I know, crazy! Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. The writing was descriptive and flowed perfectly from sentence to sentence. I especially enjoyed the sections of the movie.

Thanks to HarperTeen for sending me an eGalley in exchange for an honest review.
    Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
    RATING: 4/5

e-ARC provided by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review

Lacey Barnes has dreamed of being an actress for as long as she can remember. So, when she gets the opportunity to star in a movie alongside one of Hollywood’s hottest actors, she doesn’t hesitate to accept the part. Lacey quickly learns that life in the spotlight isn’t as picture-perfect as she imagined. With her entire future riding on this movie, Lacey knows she can’t afford to get sidetracked by anything. Specially not a
    mahana.
    2.5 stars review also on my blog

ARC kindly provided by Harper Teen in exchange for an honest review.

Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss follows Lacey, a new, seventeen-year-old actress, as she stars in a zombie film opposite a renowned actor, named Grant. Since signing onto this film, she’s had a rift with her father, who wants her to focus on school and not get caught up in show business. Her father ends up hiring a tutor from the local school, who happens to be an entertainment (a.k.a. film)
    Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
    Such a cute story! Full review to come closer to release date.
    Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: edelweiss
    This book was super cute. I really enjoyed it!

Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss is a Young Adult contemporary romance. It is the second book in a set of three standalone books with crossover characters. The first book was Abby's story in Love, Life, and the List.

This book can 100% be read as a standalone. Abby has a small part in this book. But you don't need to know anything about Love, Life, and the List to enjoy this book. I actually have read Love, Life, and the List, but had no idea while read
    Elena Salvatore
    *gasp*
    We have a cover and the synopsis!
    emi
    Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    me: urgh another Kasie West book? Do we really need this?

also me: only 116 days until the next Kasie West book!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anatea Oroz
    I feel like with every new book that I read from Kasie West, I like them less and less. I'm not sure what changed, if it is my reading preference that's changed or the writing is not as good as it has been. Not to say that I didn't enjoy the book - I did, I just wasn't as amazed by this one as I was with my first couple of Kasie's books, like On the Fence and The Distance between us. And I sooo wanted to finally love a book by Kasie again.

What bothered me the most with this book is that it is n
    Melissa
    Feb 26, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Another book to be waiting for?!?!

BUT 2019......

Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
    Another Kasie West book, another good time.

I love Kasie's books because they are just so much fun and I can get fully lost in them. They're the pinacle of having a good time. Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss was no different. We follow Lacey Barnes as she's set to start alongside a major Hollywood heartthrob in her breakout role. There's an adorable romance, onset drama, and tentative friendships that develop organically. I do think I liked Love, Life, and the List a bit more, but this was still a
    Katie (Lost in Pages)
    *2.5*
    This was just average all around for me. The characters were okay, but I don’t feel like I truly connected with any of them. I related to a couple characteristics, but for the most part they were each pretty bland. One exciting thing would surface about one of them, but it never was fully developed.

The plot was decent. I liked the aspect of the career sabotage, but I felt like the person behind it all was a bit obvious from the beginning. It was nice to read about an actress and behind th
    Dazz Ross
    Mar 15, 2018 marked it as to-read
    6/25/18 (Before Reading)

OH LOOK I WAS RIGHT OH MY GOD I'M GOOD.

I'm also digging the cover and the short synopsis we have.

3/15/18 (Before Reading)

I had to recheck my review before jumping to conclusions, but I am 100% sure this is Lacey's book. Knowing that she's an actress and the word "fame" is in the title, I'm all the more ready.

West better come and slay again.

Scrill
    Aug 08, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019, arc
    ARC provided through Edelweiss for a fair review

Kasie, bring on all your classic YA teen angst, I am always here for it.
    Malanie
    DNF 30%

This book is cute, but the plot and characters are superficial. I'm so disappointed. It was my first Kasie West!!??

This book would be great if you're looking for the lightest read ever. (Look, ma! I'm positive af!) c:
    Kristen
    Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    This book was really fun and cute!
    Camile Souza (This Chamber of Books)
    Well, this was the fastest publisher approval I have ever gotten in my life. I requested this literally yesterday and today Harper was already like "yeah totally here's your arc, enjoy it!" and I'm like "excuse me???"

Am I a bit shook since I already got approved for another arc yesterday? Maybe damn right.

But let me tell you, two arcs in 2 days, I could get used to that kind of life.
    Stacy Fetters
    Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
    "You have no idea how much different it is off script. You need a real kiss. Your first real kiss. Seriously, it’s so much better. You will never want to stop."

I've never started a book and finished it in under a day. We can all agree that this might be one of my top three Kasie West books. This was an all-around fantastic read. I can't wait for everyone to fall in love with Lacey and Donovan.

Being an actress is hard. You have to be the role you have and not let anything stop you from living th
    Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
    Kasie West's work hasn't wowed me in years but I'm not ready to give up on her.
    Clephiro (The Book Coven)
    Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Recommends it for: kasie west fans, rom-com fans, light reads
    Shelves: arc, contemporary, ya
    Kasie West books are like ice cream. No matter what flavour you have, it's always delicious.

This book follows the typical Kasie West formula: girl with a passion (In this case acting) + cute boy that's slightly misunderstood = love. Is it predictable? Yes, incredibly. However, it is predictable in the same way that those rom-coms on Netflix are predictable. It's a tried and true formula that works well, and Kasie's writing is solid enough to carry it. Kasie's books are comfort food, like ice cr
    Alivya
    Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    I absolutely loved this book, but what can I say it’s Kasie West so what is there not to love? I love the setting changes through out the book and the amazing descriptions of the sets that the characters were filming on. One of the most important things to me in a good book is good character development and this book definitely came through with it. Lacey grew through her struggles in trying to show people that she was a good actress despite her young age and she had to learn to trust people and ...more
    Nina
    Sep 27, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    I love Kasie West’s books. They are addicting and quick to read and that’s always good. Can’t wait to read this one.
    Kimberly Sabatini
    Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: mg-ya
    Kasie West hits the contemporary sweet spot again. Her books always have the perfect balance of romance, humor and real-life problems, making them feel both escapist and grounded at the same time. It's a fabulous balance. This book, with its touch of zombie and behind the scenes adventures during a movie shoot turned me into a page flipper. More Kasie West please!
    Stephanie Gillespie

ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

I cannot tell ya'll how excited I was to be approved for this ARC. Kasie West is my favorite YA contemporary author. When your in the mood for a fun fluffy fast read, Kasie West will never disappoint. I like my books cheesy and cute and fluffy sometimes and this was just the perfect one.I fell in love with this book, Lucky in Love remains my favorite Kasie West book but this one is a close second.

Fame, Fate and First Ki
    Justin Turczak
    Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Romance is put on back burner till further in the book. But I loved it. This book I felt should of been next years fall/ Halloween season release since part of story involves zombies and that whole ordeal. The plot is fun of going thru making a movie and mild things to that disrupt it. And minus romance part one of my more fav contemporary's for this year. Just maybe like listen to your heart a tad more. 5/5
    Christy
    Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: 2019
    To be honest, I came so close to rating this a 3 or 3.5 stars because the ending felt so rushed and anticlimactic but then I thought about how easy this book was to read and how much I enjoyed the cute romance storyline so I decided to go with a 4.
    « previous 1 3 4 next »
    I write YA. I eat Junior Mints. Sometimes I go crazy and do both at the same time. My novels are: PIVOT POINT and its sequel SPLIT SECOND. And my contemporary novels: THE DISTANCE BETWEEN US, ON THE FENCE, THE FILL-IN BOYFRIEND, PS I LIKE YOU, and BY YOUR SIDE. My agent is the talented and funny Michelle Wolfson.