Start by marking “Love Sugar Magic: A Sprinkle of Spirits” as Want to Read:
Love Sugar Magic: A Sprinkle of Spirits

Love Sugar Magic: A Sprinkle of Spirits

(Love Sugar Magic #2)

Leonora Logroño has finally been introduced to her family’s bakery bruja magic—but that doesn’t mean everything is all sugar and spice. Her special power hasn’t shown up yet, her family still won’t let her perform her own spells, and they now act rude every time Caroline comes by to help Leo with her magic training.

She knows that the family magic should be kept secret, but
Published February 5th 2019 by Walden Pond Press

To ask other readers questions about Love Sugar Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Sugar Magic

Jocelyn
loved this even more than the first. the magic is more developed, Leo is even more of her beautiful and curious self, and we get 2x the amount of family (and spirit!) relationships. I just adore the Logroños and this series so much.
Priscilla (Bookie Charm)
I ADORED this and read it all in one day. Who am I?!
andrea caro
RTC when it's not 4:37 am, but the short version is this - I love this family. I love how these stories focus on feeling left out and grief and moving on and love. I love that they're all covered in sugar. I love that this made me sob like a baby. The two books in this series are genuinely so magical and pure and they just make me feel all the way good.
Izza
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, middlegrade, own
4.5 stars | I love these books <3
Karissa
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Love, Sugar, Magic series. I didn't like this quite as much as the first book in this series but it was still very entertaining and well written. This just wasn't as humorous as the first book and there was less focus on the magical baked goods (which I really enjoyed in the first book).

Leo enjoys her new magical training but is getting pulled between demands from her family and commitments to her friends. Then when spirits start to take corporeal form, Leo is worr
Charlotte
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, rc19
I really enjoyed this one--fantasy for kids with magical baking, friendship and family, and a bunch of restless spirits with unfinished business of a nice sort (making sure garden, piano, and family are ok!).
Noa Dodge
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful book like it's prequel. It revealed lots and I love the way this series is going. I can't wait for the third one. We're waiting Anna Meriano!
Ms. Yingling
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
E ARC from Edelweiss Plus

This sequel to A Dash of Trouble finds Leo initiated into the magic of her family and working at their bakery in Rose Hill. Her sisters still think she is too young and irresponsible, and also think that her friend Caroline distracts her. It's also a bit tricky that Caroline knows about the family's magic, and some of the sisters are very opposed to sharing this information with outsiders. Caroline has been visiting her deceased mother's family, and really needs to talk
In A Dash of Trouble, Leo learned that her family is full of brujas and that their bakery is more magical than she originally thought. Now, in A Sprinkle of Spirits, Leo is learning how to be a bruja while working at Amor y Azucar with her mother, aunt and sisters. But everything is not as perfect as Leo had hoped: her sisters are still bossy, and, worse, they are being rude to Leo's best friend, Caroline. When Leo's dead Abuela appears in her bedroom--and not as a ghost--Leo is at first hopeful ...more
Ellie
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, middle-grades
Argh! I really think this is a terribly cute premise, and I really want to like the series. But the amount of lying that Leo does really bothers me, and the secret she is asked to keep at the end of the book (by an adult!) really REALLY bothers me.
The books are quick reads, so I may be willing to give book 3 a chance. I really hope that it doesn't let me down, though! I just don't understand why Leo is constantly lying without consequences or even feeling bad (I feel like she is bothered by keep
Ami
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-magic
Cute sequel. I enjoy reading about this Hispanic family and their baking/magic shenanigans. I will say there wasn't as much humor in this one as the first book and I missed that.

A Sprinkle of Spirits focuses on Leo learning more magic and the struggle of committing to both her family and her friends as she does so. I liked the introduction of new characters like her abuela and that Leo finally discovers her special power. I also liked the focus on emotions. Grief is covered a bunch in this book
Mo
This middle-grade series about young brujas is just about perfect. It's sweet and hopeful without being cloying. Granted, baking, eating, and magic are three of my favorite themes, but it's hard for me to imagine anyone not loving these novels. A Sprinkle of Spirits picks up just a few months after the end of A Dash of Trouble, so Leonora's best friend is very much still grieving her mother's death. In between the magic and the baking, there are some accessible, realistic scenes that revolve aro ...more
E
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 / 4.5 stars. It was really good. I enjoyed it more than the first one. Now that i finished the sequel i feel the first was more so of an introduction. Light drama, action, and adventure. Whereas this book got into more adventure and action. I feel that this one even touched more on tbe family and friendship dynamics. Also gave more insight on certain family members. So i think this is a pretty good read. Heartfelt moments and it sounded so pretty (the magic). I see there's another book in the ...more
Adriana (SaltyBadgerBooks)
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gah!!! I loved this book so much! This series is so amazing! I love coming back to this world! It's so silly and so much fun, and again I love all the Hispanic references to the dead and the "other side." And I mean all the baked goods! It always make me want to break out the mixing bowls, or go to the nearest Mexican bakery and pick up all the goodies they mention in the book! Either way I love Leo and Caroline, and the whole family. I cannot wait to read the next book! Please tell me this is m ...more
Pam
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Meriano creates a typical world for these young people - just adds the magic and the love. Leo continues to learn about magic with her family. She's having a hard time balancing family and her best friend, Caroline. Something happens and several dead from their town are released back to the real world. The family has to work together to save these spirits from an aimless existence. In the midst of solving this, they discover that Caroline has her own magic powers and Leo finds her expression too ...more
Anna Bright
absolutely adorable. more brujeria, more delicious treats from Amor y Azucar bakery, and more charming, relatable adventures from Leo, the youngest Logrono sister-- the wanting to come into your own, the desire to be the youngest but NOT the baby of your family, the feeling of needing to choose between your work, identity, and friends. it's also super funny. i wish anna meriano would write, like, 15 of these, carry the series on when it hits YA age range, and then... keep writing.
Alexandra Alessandri
LOVE SUGAR MAGIC: A SPRINKLE OF SPIRITS is a charming sequel! I absolutely loved following Leo, her family, and her friends in this wonderful new adventure about family--both the one we're born into and the one we choose. And that ending! I can't wait for book 3! (Please please please tell me there's going to be a book 3!)
Miranda
A great sequel to the first book! We see Leo's friends a bit more this time around and Caroline especially has more of a co-focus centered on grieving and recovery. These are truly wonderful books and represent latinx people beautifully.
Perla Villa
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-challenge
I enjoy how we get a better view of the family in this book than we did in the first one. I still have questions about her aunt that passed but we may get answers in third book. Enjoyed it, excited for the next book.
Cordelia
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FANTASY! CONTEMPORARY! WITCHES!
UM........YES! Love Sugar Magic weaves family and Friends into this hazardous tale being a witch in the 21st century! There is humor and heart as you become invested in........ A Sprinkle of Spirits!
Alyssa
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great continuation to the series. I love the characters and the crazy adventures that they get into. Hope there are more books in the Love, Sugar Magic series.

Thanks to the publisher for an advanced reader's copy.
Sam Bloom
4.5 stars; this series deserves way more love
Dylan Benito
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series is so cute. I’m going to reread them to my kid.
♡
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
3 ⭐

i was hoping to like this even more than the first book but i think i’m just not in the mood for middle grade
Michele Knott
I absolutely love this family - hope we have even more in this series coming!
Noa Dodge
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is great, just like it's wonderful prequel. I thought this revealed so much, and I can't wait for the third one. We're waiting Anna Meriano!
Peyton
Adorable main character and story. I loved the intergenerational relationships and all the family feelings!
Georgie
I liked it even better than the first book and I loved that one!
Denise
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this middle grade series. It’s a great story of family, self-discovery, & friendship woven with tradition, baking, and bruja magic. Highly recommend.
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
E-ARC from Edelweiss Plus
This is a great second book in the Love Sugar Magic series!

• The Three Rules of Everyday Magic
  • Shouting at the Rain
  • Winnie's Great War
  • Hope in the Holler
  • Game of Stars (Kiranmala and the Kingdom Beyond, #2)
  • Over the Moon
  • Merci Suárez Changes Gears
  • Genie Wishes
  • The Unsung Hero of Birdsong, USA
  • Be Light Like a Bird
  • Switchers: How Smart Professionals Change Careers - And Seize Success
  • The Unlikely Story of a Pig in the City
  • Nine Lessons I Learned from My Father
  • The Arena: Inside the Tailgating, Ticket-Scalping, Mascot-Racing, Dubiously Funded, and Possibly Haunted Monuments of American Sport
  • The Third Mushroom
  • A Good Kind of Trouble
  • Superfans: Into the Heart of Obsessive Sports Fandom
  • Walking with Miss Millie

Love Sugar Magic (3 books)
  • A Dash of Trouble (Love Sugar Magic, #1)
  • A Mixture of Mischief (Love Sugar Magic #3)