Start by marking “Start Now. Get Perfect Later.” as Want to Read:
Start Now. Get Perfect Later.

Start Now. Get Perfect Later.

Hardly anyone gets it right the first time, but many of us are crippled by indecision and fear of failure. The desire to get it right can inhibit us from getting started. In this book Rob Moore, the bestselling author of MONEY, shows that the quickest way to perfect is starting right now and improving as you go. This book will show you how to launch your business or idea, ...more
Published August 16th 2018 by John Murray

To ask other readers questions about Start Now. Get Perfect Later., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start Now. Get Perfect Later.

Start your review of Start Now. Get Perfect Later.
Cristian
Feb 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Just like most self-help books, this one has tiny tidbits of useful advice buried under a series of useless anecdotes. There are short summaries at the end of each chapter, and I recommend you just read those to save yourself some time and because that's where anything worthwhile in this book can be found.

Here, let me save you a read:

1. Don't be a perfectionist, allow yourself to do sub-par work which you can always improve later.
2. Just start. I know it's hard but momentum builds momentum: once
DSM Griffin
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read it in one sitting. The book doesn't cover anything new really, but Moore's engaging writing style makes you re-evaluate things you already knew and stare hard at a few home truths.

Some of the main things I took away from the book from my first quick read was: I need to limit my options or be overwhelmed (clothing, games, work priorities, etc), actually use the Pomodoro technique and schedule time to do it in my calendar (it's effective), set up competitions or artificial deadlines for my
Whitney ♥ Ell
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
This is quite different to any book I would have expected from Rob but still has his own brand of logic and pragmatism that I enjoyed. It wasn't airy fairy, vague and full of metaphysical education and advice. It was practical in the ways that it said "We all do this, we are human, but here are a few ways you can change that". This book essentially said to me - stop wasting your life and just do something. In my opinion, you can never hear these words too many times.

The purpose of this book was
JP
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Some books are
Taking your bicycle early in the morning, the same road, same scenery, same walkers but different experiences
How? Get into the this book, the author takes you to your familiar journey but enlight different dimension on the topic he discussed
Procrastination and Decision
He protest we never procrastinate our survival activities and
In Decision,we should not have PLAN B COZ your plan A will be week in execution
Only flaw in this book was dragged to 200 pages rather it would fit in
Jaakko Karvonen
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
The books starts promising, then continues with common sense page filling rambling for about half the book, and then tries to end as promising how it started.

Pick it up in the bookstore and skim through the first couple chapters to get the Im not alone-feeling and leave it be, youll be much happier.
Abhilash John
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Too many principles and too much preaching. A book should have a few (a dozen, may be?) take-aways, in my opinion. This book has over a hundred, that makes this to the league of a Bible or something similar..
Ivor Kovic
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book to listen to on a commute. Messages can be applied to all areas of life, but mainly anything work related. As the author says himself multiple times, you know most of the things he advises to become more productive. The issue is that you lie to yourself and create unnecessary complications. Know it our not, it is great to hear somebody else tell you the facts. It is especially great to hear it from the author himself, as he also narrates the book in audio format. And he brings with it ...more
Klinta
Jul 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Funnily enough, I started this book as a way of procrastination because I didn't want to do what I had planned to do. And the first thing the book told me was to stop procrastinating. Well, good news, I ended the book while making soup and... crap, the soup is still boiling. Just a sec. OK, soup is ready and delicious.

This book was meh. There are a ton of books like this - short, supposedly witty, and with very many chapters that talk about what and how you should do things, but often taking the
James P
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book, very motivating and really raises the importance of getting stuck in! - highly recommended!
Muhamed
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-development
Practical, honest, and comprehensive. I've already started applying the principles of the book and has helped me greatly.
Tom
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
I am a perfectionist. I used to think this was a good thing; in my line of work, attention to detail is a key skill. However, it is not a good thing in other respects. I have a pipeline of projects, but I haven't been able to finish them, mainly because I haven't even started them. I have been waiting for everything to be right before I started something. I can't even say what "everything" is and I am now consciously aware that nothing is ever going to be right all in one glorious moment. Rob's ...more
Joe
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great book reminding us of the importance of getting started and not waiting for everything to be perfect. The chapter talking about the most regrets of the dying is a little scary but unless we have some way to make our time on earth unlimited then don't we want to minimise the risk of regret at the end by creating the life we want and finding the time for what is really important?

Another excellent book from Rob Moore, one of my new favourite authors alongside Brian Tracy, Tony Robbins,
Sam Cross
Apr 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Started strong enough, but rapidly devolved into (what appeared to be) jot notes related, but not directly relevant, to the topic. I didn't take away anything new from this, unfortunately, except (maybe) the acronym JFDI, which is more or less Nike's slogan so nevermind, actually. No true takeaways. I'm pretty sure I saw every existing "don't procrastinate" cliché at least once, and some of the chapters (there were too many) were so short that the "summary" blurbs at the end more or less ...more
Heather
Mar 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Im so glad I only paid 99p for this. It was uninspiring and took me ages to read. Its not easy to read because it is full of acronyms and weasel speak. Only really helpful if you are self employed and actually can control you own timetable. Its not the book for someone who is trying to fit other things in around their main paid employment. ...more
Clair Kiffin
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I have read / listened to similar genre books and although I like the performance of this one I listened to I didnt feel like I got much ah ha moments....... I liked the delivery and the style of the author but thats about it. ...more
Diana D
Jun 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
This is by far one of the worst books I have ever read. There is so much repetitive and obvious information it provides I had to stop reading it half way through.
Tom
Jun 06, 2019 rated it did not like it
Its a good starting point if youve never done any personal development work. If you have, I wouldnt waste your time as its very basic. ...more
Luke
Apr 28, 2019 rated it liked it
This was much better than I expected it to be and genuinely held my attention for long periods of time. I was expecting some sort of drivel about productivity and time management but what I actually got was some useful tips and advice that I can see myself implementing with ease. A lot of the statements Rob made really resonated with me; I'm definitely guilting of "getting all my ducks in a row" and spending too long researching, planning and designing. I can see now that much of my time is ...more
Niels Philbert
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
What stands most out from the book is the quite impressive amount of rhymey catchphrases Rob has collected and uses. It could actually be an effective drinking game to take a shot everytime.

I enjoyed it, and eventhough the sheer abount of clever mnomic alliterations may actually make it harder to remember any of them, some stuck with me and others made me chuckle.

The book is fast paced, informal and with good flow. The advice is tried and true, and those looking for a "magic bullet", won't find
Cameron Scott
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Not a bad read, quite self helpy which does get a bit boring once youve read a few self development books but nevertheless there are some good reminders to stay focused and on track. Especially for entrepreneurs.

Biggest takeaway - its better to plug away and pursue one path making incremental progress than switch from project to project and dip your toe in many things. This applies on both the macro (business) level and the micro (day to day productivity) level. Consistent, hard and smart
Gareth Otton
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-improvement
This book is probably only a 3-star for information, but gets a whole extra star for not making the reader wait to find out what they want to know, nor skimping on the details.

I've read a lot of what I've read here before in many other books, but where this one stands out is that the information is presented to you fast and with enough details that you can start using that information in your own life. There's no teasing with this book, and I appreciate that.

I think this one's worth a read,
Nuri
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, self-dev
At some point the author described his own writing as a constant flow of thoughts, and thats how informal the whole thing is written.
Some people might like it because it probably reads more easily, but I would have preferred less fluff and more precise examples.
I felt like this was just another book that someone spit out to make money. I guess there are better books.

General message of the book:

Dont procrastinate till youre perfect because youll never be; but start now with small steps to
Burt Baguma
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a perfectionist and its got me no where but this book slapped me in the face. You can hear Rob speak through the text when you read. He gets you throwing procrastination out the window and starting before you finish reading the damn book. Read it!
Dee Jay
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First time I have listened to audibook and well worth it

Great to listen to in my car on the way to work and back. Many great idea, obvious in hindsight but how easily it is to get distracted by the unimportant.
Liked Rob's kick a**e style, I need it.
Macs Mahlangu
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of, if not the best books about productivity I have ever read.. I have read a few by the way 😉. It brings everything together for me and its quite practical. I will read it again, at least 4 times this year. ...more
Mr Andrew Hayden
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Some good pointers

Quick easy read with its of good pointers for a more efficient life, both at work and at home. Some bits will be more challenging to achieve than others but everyone should be able to take something from this.
მაიკო
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-development
The first book by Rob Moore I've read. Love his writing style. This book gave me inspiration and some useful advices on planning, time management , improved my 'eating elephant' and 'stop geting ducks in a row' skilles. :)
Tanya
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Useful and easy to read book

Id really liked the book, lots of useful information in there. Easy to read, not overloaded with complicated words or repetitive phrases. Definitely worth to read and Start Now :)
Trevor May
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A lightweight new year pep talk. Nothing revolutionary, just a quick and motivating read.
Dattatray Darade
A good book to learn about decision making, procrastination etc.

• Not a Diet Book: The Must-Have Fitness Book From the World's Favourite Personal Trainer
  • Key Person of Influence (Revised Edition): The Five-Step Method to become one of the most highly valued and highly paid people in your industry
  • The Complete Guide to Property Investment: How to survive & thrive in the new world of buy-to-let
  • No Self, No Problem: How Neuropsychology Is Catching Up to Buddhism
  • The Fear Bubble: Harness Fear and Live Without Limits
  • Good Habits, Bad Habits: The Science of Making Positive Changes That Stick
  • Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything
  • The Mindful Athlete: Secrets to Pure Performance
  • The Chimp Paradox: The Acclaimed Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness
  • The Stress Solution: The 4 Steps to Reset Your Body, Mind, Relationships  Purpose
  • The Miracle Equation: The Two Decisions That Turn Your Biggest Goals from Possible, to Probable, to Inevitable
  • The Power of Small: Making Tiny But Powerful Changes When Everything Feels Too Much
  • Money: A User’s Guide
  • Entrepreneur Revolution: How to Develop Your Entrepreneurial Mindset and Start a Business That Works
  • Willpower Doesn't Work: Discover the Hidden Keys to Success
  • No Money Down: Property Investing
  • QI: The Sound of General Ignorance
  • 15 Minutes to Happiness: Easy, Everyday Exercises to Help You Be The Best You Can Be
Rob is an investor, best selling author, podcast host and owner of the largest property education company in the UK.

He lives and loves entrepreneurship and property investing, and is the host of the successful UK podcasts, The "Disruptive Entrepreneur" and "Money". He is on a mission to change the way people think about property, business and aims to support people around the globe through the Rob