Start by marking “Shielding Alice (Special Forces: Operation Alpha Kindle Worlds Novella)” as Want to Read:
Shielding Alice (Special Forces: Operation Alpha Kindle Worlds Novella)

Shielding Alice

(Alpha Detail #2)

Colt “Hawkman” Capkin, a newly hired private transport agent, is still trying to find his place in society after retiring from the Navy SEALs.

Alice Kelly, in need of witness protection, is mad at herself for doing the right thing which has turned her whole life upside down.

When Colt is assigned to shield Alice as he moves her to a safe house, he quickly discovers that ha
Kindle Edition
Published May 16th 2018 by Kindle Worlds

To ask other readers questions about Shielding Alice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shielding Alice

Kimmy (Sinfully Snarky Reviews)
Shielding Alice was a cute, thrilling, quick read and Colt and Alice. These two meet again under some really not so normal terms. Colt is tasked with transporting Alice to a safe house. However little does he know that this transfer is a person from his past.

Shielding Alice is the perfect afternoon read that will leaving awwing.
Ana Rita
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's always a pleasure to read a book from this author. She's been a constant in my reading life for a while now and each book is a new experience. It's always wonderful the rush I get when I start flipping page after page.
Fifi Flowers knows what she's doing. Her writing is simple yet powerful, pretty detailed and engaging. Each chapter made me keep reading and reading until my eyes hurt, lol, and Ioved every minute of it.
Shielding Alice is her latest release and tells the stories of Colt and
Debbie
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2018
Colt, known to his SEAL buddies as Hawkman is called in when a young lady needs to be moved to a safe house. She filmed something from a toilet window in a restaurant and took it to the police, little did she know the trouble it would cause her. Alice needs to go into temporary witness protection and when her protection officer arrives at the hotel to take her to the safe house, she notices how handsome he is, and her mind wonders!!

On the way to the safe house Alice and Colt talk, and realise th
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A brand new novella from Fifi Flowers and its So SO SOOOOOO GOOD! I LOVE seeing stories in Susan Stoker's World from Miss Flowers. And Shielding Alice contained one HOT cowboy and a strong heroine. Add in all the great chemistry a good plot, a few favorite heroes making an appearance and we get a story that made me smile, that made me feel like I was sitting on the edge of my seat, and made me crave more.

I really REALLY liked Colt. I could picture him perfectly
Phuong
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Colt "Hawkman" Capkin is a former navy seal who is now a private transport agent. He is assigned to transport Alice Kelly to a safe location. Colt remembers that the summer he was 18 years old, he had a romance with a Alice Kelly when she came to Durango, CO to work as a water rafting guide. Colt knew that if he was older, he could be in love with Alice but their romance ended when that summer ended.

Alice Kelly can't figure out why she had to go into witness protection since she didn't see anyth
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
No longer a bodyguard, Colt now transports those in the witness protection plan. This is supposed to be an easy no strings attached way of helping other people. But when the woman he is transporting ends up being the girl from his youth that got away, strings are not the only thing getting attached. But can he keep Alice safe from those who want to do her harm? Or will he once again lose the girl? I absolutely loved this second chance romance. The characters of Colt and Alice were so well develo ...more
Wendy Hodges
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the story idea, wasn't quite so keen on the whole back an forth with memories thing. Not so much the memories but how it was done, I felt it broke the flow of the story as it is. Maybe if it had been more one or other just remembering just small bits, as opposed to taking us on a reliving journey in the middle of a conversation or meeting, it might have worked better. I hate to say anything negative so it is hard for me to say this, someone else might not find it affects their enjoyment ...more
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick military theme read. Colt was a ex Seal who's new job was to transport witnesses to their safe house. His latest transport was named Alice Kelly. Many years ago Colt knew a Alice Kelly. He spent one glorious summer with her in his lakeside hometown of Durango. Colt hadn't thought about her for years. It's probably a cover name to hind her true identity right it couldn't be her. Alice was just minding her own business having drinks and dinner at a bistro downtown. She didn't see anything ...more
Maria Di Pasqua
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Colt is a retired navy seal highly trained to protect politicians and witnesses. On his fourth assignment he needs to take a witness to a protected house. Call it coincidence or let’s say fate because the person who has gone into the witness protection program is no other than the woman who gave him the chance to live one of the happiest moments of his life when he was very young of age. So Colt aka Hawkman has a difficult assignment that is he needs to protect the woman he fell in love with and ...more
Kathi
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet yet Danger-filled Second Chance Romance

Colt is trying to find his place in the world. His family runs a lake/campground resort but he leaves to join the service, then work in security, then transports those entering the witness protection program. Alice overhears a crime, yet finds herself needing to enter witness protection.

These two realize they met at an earlier time, and both are reluctant to part ways again. Danger, intrigue and sweet romance. Quite enjoyable!!

*** I am voluntarily le
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very fun, fast read. Years ago Alice and Colt had a summer fling. Neither forgot the other. Now with Alice's life on the line Colt may be the only one to save her.

Colt is a great hero! I loved how he determined he was. Alice is no shy, shrinking heroine. I loved how she was strong and smart. Excellent!
Stacy Hartley
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are great. It's full of mystery, danger and second chances.
I was given an advanced reader copy and I voluntarily leave this review
T.M. Payne
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Reviewed: Shielding Alice (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
My Rating: 5 Stars
Author: Fifi Flowers
Publication Date: 5/22/2018
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts

REVIEW
We some what met Colt in a previous book however he had walked away from the protection business. He is now into transporting those who are in things like witness protection. He thinks this will be much more relaxed and less complicated until his next mission.

After seeing something well not even seeing it Alice is being se
Nicole Ortiz
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet second chance romance with some danger. This is a good fast read book with a hot ex Seal cowboy and a strong heroine. Loved the storyline and the characters.
I received an ARC and volunteered to leave a review.
I received an extended version of the story.
A second chance romance between Ex-Seal Colt and Alice. They once had a fling one summer when they were younger and Alice was working near his family's resort. Years later they are reunited when Colt is assigned to transport Alice to a s
Brynette Turner
The plot was just okay, but it was interesting enough for me to give the book 3 stars despite the significant lack of polish. Missing, misused, and misspelled words are are huge distraction. Not using the correct word tenses shows a need for proofreading and editing. There is no such place as Kawaii, which I assume was supposed to be Kauai. Not knowing when to use passed vs past or your vs you're is inexcusable from an author who has published multiple books. Such sloppiness is frustrating and d ...more
Amber
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s always a pleasure to read books by Fifi and Shielding Alice is no different.
Alice did the right thing, but it’s kind of a pain to do the right sometimes. Colt is an retired Navy Seal that has no idea what to do with himself after the Seals. That’s up until he’s given the task to transport someone to a safe house not knowing that, that person is someone he knows, but Colt will struggle to keep his hands off her.
Shielding Alice is sweet and thrilling and you won’t be disappointed.
I received
Cindy Hughes
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shielding Alice is a great second chance romance! This is Colt and Alice’s story. Alice is sent to witness protection after overhearing a crime and Colt is sent to transport her. The two realize they know each other from a summer fling and soon discover that their feelings haven’t changed. They don’t want part way again.
Shielding Alice is filled with action, danger, suspense, second chances and hot, steamy romance!
Thank you Fifi for such a wonderful story!
I can’t wait for the next book in the Al
Nancy Bodie
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice story.

This was a well written story that moves very fast. The storyline is a nice easy read. The characters are likeable. Just brushes up against the original series.
Charlene
The back and forth between past and present was confusing.
Carol
May 24, 2018
Elizabeth Neal
May 24, 2018
Fifi Flowers
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Crystal Brown
May 27, 2018
Fifi Flowers, an internationally known artist turn author from the Los Angeles area of California, writes romance novels and paints fantasies with a Parisian flair while daydreaming of her time spent sipping cafe crème in the cafes of Paris

She penned her love of Paris and romance to the pages of her first novel, A Window To Love, published in 2013, when she sat down, and instead of putting paint t

Alpha Detail (2 books)