Start by marking “Mr Imperfect: Lost Boys #1” as Want to Read:
Mr Imperfect: Lost Boys #1

Mr Imperfect: Lost Boys #1

(Lost Boys #1)

She broke his heart...
It takes a funeral to drag bad-boy billionaire Christian Kelly back to his rural New Zealand hometown. Now thanks to an ancient IOU, he's stuck there trying to save the inheritance of the only woman who ever dumped him. His first love, Kezia Rose.

He never said goodbye...
These days she might be a respected pillar of the community, but Kezia will dance

Published May 31st 2018 (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mr Imperfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr Imperfect

Ana
Mar 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Another great book form Karina Bliss.

Christian & Kezia had had a rough time when they were teenagers, and they weren't mature enough to deal with everything that life threw at them. 15 years later they are much better equipped to fight and win. I like both of them, the only thing that I minded was their pride, but they did manage to come to terms with each other (eventually).

I love Christian's friends Luke & Jordan, and their friendship, the way that even they are manly men they actually
Autumn
So far, i have liked Karina Bliss`s engaging writing. This just didnt work for me.. From the premise to its characters, all i wanted to do was to shake them senseless!!

However, i give her credit for some poignant POV`s that the characters showcased.

I had my self set on reading the trilogy.. so here i go..
Coco.V
Aug 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (8/5/2019)! 🎁
Alison
Kezia Rose inherits a ramshackle hotel and pub from her grandmother, unfortunately it is run-down, practically falling down, mortgaged to the hilt and on the verge of bankruptcy. At her funeral bad boy Christian Kelly comes back to town, Kezia's childhood sweetheart, he loved Muriel Rose like his own grandmother but is horrified when her will spells out the dire financial straits the hotel is in but forbids him from gifting/ lending/ paying the money required, instead she demands that Christian ...more
Gaufre
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I even like when old ladies make ridiculous stipulations in their will. Except I didn't see why anybody should do what she asked. In fact, following her final wishes would actually make the situation worse. She asks Christian to help with restoring the rundown hotel business she gave to her granddaughter. BUT he can not help financially, just advise. If he does not pour any money in, the granddaughter loses the business. If he does, we don't really know what would happen (would she lose the busi ...more
Linda C
Bad boy, multimillionaire, Christian Kelly returns to his rural hometown for the funeral of Muriel Rose, who was a surrogate grandmother to him as a lonely youth. Kezia Rose, Muriel's granddaughter and Christian's high school sweetheart has inherited the rundown century old family hotel. Muriel's will calls in an IOU from Christian and requires him to help Kezia save the hotel but he cannot buy her out. As they try to salvage the hotel they find more and more debts. They also have personal issue ...more
Rhode
Aug 10, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-for-me
Usually love this author but DNFed 12% in because of three things -

The first is boundaries. The heroine holds out her hand to shake politely because she’s not comfortable with getting any closer than required with the hero due to bad memories, but he ignores her hand and grabs her for a hug. A while later in the same meeting, she’s very upset by something, bursts into tears and clearly and firmly orders the hero to leave the room so she can be alone. He ignores this reasonable request and stays
Sabrina
I have read another series by Karina Bliss before and enjoyed it enough that when the opportunity to read an ARC came up for another series of hers, I decided to do it. Though the story had a lot of great elements that pulled me into reading it, I will admit getting through the beginning was a bit tough. I was tempted to put it down, but something drove me to keep going. In the end, I was glad to stick with it, but for the majority of the story I wanted to shake the characters and tell them both ...more
Christine (KizzieReads)
This one was a bit slow and dry up until the last 3 chapters or so. Christian comes back for a funeral only to find out that his ex-girlfriend's grandmother had over mortgaged the hotel she owned and left to her granddaughter upon her death. Christian wants to help out financially, but as per the will, cannot. Kezia and Christian have to try and find a way to get out of debt thanks to her grandmother.

I'm really getting tired of the over martyred female main character. I understand not wanting t
Joanna Macaulay
Aug 14, 2019 rated it liked it
It was okay, but I almost gave up reading the story.

The characters were well developed, but for some reason I didn't like them much. They often seemed to have a drink in their hand and mostly seemed angry. The heroine seemed to love the hero against her will. I liked the interactions with the little boy the best. He added some humor to the story.
Patricia
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good romance about people and how your past influences your future

I enjoyed the storyline. Very good dialogue. The right amount of romance and sex. The stories of the main characters were well-written and interesting. The book drew me in and made me keep reading.
Catherine Geist
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet and fun to read

This book was a fantastic. The story was fantastic.Christian &Kezia kept you guessing what they were going to do next. It took a long time,but they got everything straightened out with a happy ending.
Kris Kuebel
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

This story was sad and funny and a bit too dragged out but I liked the dialogue. If either character had not been so stubborn...
Michelle
I love all of the angst and guilt and pining! For some reason this romance was more compelling than I thought it would be. I basically finished it in a day. Quick read, good characters.
Lisa Kelly
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book took me on a rollercoaster, sexy crazy , sad & happy
Michelle Padilla
May 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can two past lovers find their way back to each other? Can Kezia trust Christian with her heart and that he will not leave again? Or is Christian just wanting to have fun and leave again? Will an old woman's will bring the two lovers back together or will they both realize they are not meant to be together?

I really enjoyed the characters of this book, the story flowed easily. I really found myself related to the main character Kezia and wanting to find happiness for her.
Sharon
Good story. Kezia's secret was not hard to guess and her do-gooder martyr personality was trying at times. Christian had me from the first page when he was crying at the funeral.. oh, and the fact he owned a Bentley Continental GT helped cement him as an all round good guy. Who wouldn't love him? and his success? and his good looks?

The side plot with Joe's family filled out the story nicely.
Michelle Palmer
Jul 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Interesting characters and setting. The plot was fast paced and interesting. I loved imagining the New Zealand landscape while reading.
Elizabeth
Oh I hate it when I forget to review books when I read them. I liked it but dont remember much about it.
Christy
While still good, this one didn't work quite as well for me as her others.
Kim
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
was good book and a sort of a fast read book
Betty
Aug 12, 2019
Patricia Truyens
Nov 15, 2018
Brittany
rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2013
Anne Reader
Aug 12, 2019
Pat
Aug 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
New Zealander Karina Bliss has written a biography for a rock star, swapped identities with her twin, raised three orphaned children with her ex husband, worn a cow costume to a Bachelor and Spinster ball, considered marriage for the sake of a baby, and been mayor of a small town.

Oh wait, that’s her characters.

Outside her imagination, she’s always been a professional writer, first as a travel jo

Lost Boys (4 books)
  • Mr. Irresistible (Lost Boys #2)
  • Mr. Unforgettable (Lost Boys #3)
  • Mr. Undeniable (Lost Boys #4)