Start by marking “Captain Green and the Plastic Scene” as Want to Read:
Captain Green and the Plastic Scene

Captain Green and the Plastic Scene

Fresh out of Superhero School, Captain Green gets a call. Dolphin is tangled up in plastic, and there’s trouble for Seagull and Turtle too. When our brave superhero rushes off to help, he finds himself on a major mission: saving sea creatures from plastic. Using his incredible powers, Captain Green promises to save the day. But can he clean up this mess for good?

Find out
Published January 1st 2019 by Marshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Captain Green and the Plastic Scene, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain Green and the Plastic Scene

Start your review of Captain Green and the Plastic Scene
Eva Nava
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Does the world need another superhero? It sure does... In the form of Captain Green who loves animals and loathes plastic. Captain Green and the Plastic Scene is Evelyn Bookless's debut children's picture book. Written with a conscious effort to raise awareness of the devastating effect that plastic waste has on our oceans and beaches, this children's picture book will entertain, inspire and educate young minds on the value of animal lives and the importance of the three Rs.
Hannah Holt
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lively language and action packed illustrations make this book a fun read aloud. Captain Green combats all kinds of pollution. However the calls for help from the animals have a common theme. He fights and fights, but he needs more help. What is a super hero to do?

This book is a good way to introduce children to the problems of plastics in our oceans. While this is a message centered book, its lively plot keeps it from feeling heavy handed. An well written and enjoyable story on a timely and
Leila
Sep 09, 2018 added it
A super story about a brand new superhero with a very important mission... Keeping our planet clean. This book couldn't have come at a better time. It's our duty to teach our children about the importance of the three R's, and to show them how to be more conscientious consumers. And what better way to do that than through a fun book with a very lovable character, Captain Green!
Pat Mannion
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is well paced for kids and allows them a good chance to consider the message. The message is one of massive importance and full marks to the courageous author to take this challenge. Family favorite for sure. Pat Mannion
Carolyn
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It should be in every classroom. I teach grade 3 and use it as an excellent resource for 'Earth Day'. It is a great springboard for generating relevant discussions and classroom activities. Captain Green helps teach my students the importance of Reducing, Reusing and Recycling. The fact that Captain Green is himself just a boy, allows my students to see how they too can become 'superheros' and help save the earth. The illustrations are bold and colourful, captivating any ...more
Heather Macht
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evelyn has done a wonderful job sharing an important message: Reduce, Recycle, Reuse! The humor and language keep this story fun and lighthearted, while the text remains powerful and informative. The illustrations are perfect! 5 stars for Captain Green!
Belinda Clarke
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great especially for preschoolers (4-7y) who have already been introduced to the three Rs concept. They get the concept and the superhero element with some cool phrases hits the spot. Quirky artwork and easy reading.
Arunima Chatterjee
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captain green is such an adorable character. Kids need to be sensitive towards their relationship with plastic and Captain Green really does a good job in initiating such ideas. A good simple storytelling with gorgeous illustrations brings out the despair and cheer equally, in the storyline.
The 3Rs of sustainable living is widely known but we do need a superhero to remind us all (especially the little ones) how to practice living it.
I just can't get over the Captain exclaiming, "Oh, green
christina o'hagan
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My kids and I just love this book. With a powerful message, it is both gentle and cleverly written. Captain Green is a super cool super hero and gives the important message that all kids can be superheros too and help to save our oceans. The book is written is a really fun way and my kids both love playing Captain Green, their new favourite superhero. The story is also very clever in how it delivers the message that its all our responsibility to be kinder to nature and my kids now have a great ...more
Melissa Mannion
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend this book to any parent, aunt/uncle, granny/grandad etc of a young child! In a very fun and clever way this book shows children how they can be the super hero that our world needs and that one person can make a difference. This book should be in every class room but, until it is, it should be on every child's bookshelf. Its message of empowering people to care for our planet is so important these days and this book manages to make the point while also being fun and endearing. I ...more
Delylalex
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love how this book puts this forward: that it doesn't take much to take care of Earth. It's easy for children to understand when they see 1) the problem 2) how to solve it. So clever to use animals as an example of the effect of plastic pollution because children empathise better than adults. This book also has follow up activities available on the author's website. We love it!
Evelyn Bookless
Lauren- The Smile Lines
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to @evelynbookless for sharing a review copy with @kidlitexchange.
Captain Green and the Plastic Scene is an exciting adventure story where a super hero tries to save the sea creatures from plastic and debris!
The illustrations are very detailed and cute!
You can find out if Captain Green succeeds by reading this book
Steve
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book should be in every home and classroom! It is an engaging, fun read with exceptional illustrations that teaches children about the dangers of plastic pollution in our oceans. Captain Green is such a likeable superhero and his message is one that everyone (especially the next generation) should read about. Our planet needs Captain Green :)
Vivian Kirkfield
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kids will love this *BAM* *POW* *ZOOM* Superhero who wants to clean up the mess of plastic that is endangering the ocean and the creatures who live in and around it. With a story that builds drama and great illustrations, this is a page turner with lots of action and, even more importantly, actionable steps for kids and adults to take to reduce, reuse, and recycle plastic.
Kate Talbot
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super cute illustrations and a cape-wearing superhero help to spread the message of looking after our planet in this fun book. Not only will this story keep younger readers engaged, but it’s bound to empower them too.
Mathilde Juul
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My daughter immediately fell in love with Captain Green, the first time she got the book in her hands. A simple, funny and amazingly illustrated story on we can all do ours to save our oceans. If you ever struggle to explain to your kids, how we need to do something NOW, get this book!
Viviane Elbee
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good environmental book, featuring a superhero who tries to save his town from pollution and litter. Kids enjoyed it.
Lauren Kerstein
This is an important book about a critical topic. It is written in a way that is accessible and yet honest. I highly recommend this book!
Kathleen Doherty
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Captain Green is a hero with a big heart. We all need to be more like him.
Rebecca Simonin
Oct 07, 2018
Preeti Khicha
Sep 16, 2018
Evelyn Bookless
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

• If I Built a Car
  • Aliana Reaches for the Moon
  • Farmyard Tales ~ How Bear Lost His Tail (Usborne First Reading: Level Two)
  • I Can Share!
  • Little Monkey Calms Down
  • Butterflies on the First Day of School
  • Pat the Bunny
  • I Don't Like to Eat Ants
  • The Alphabet of Alphabets
  • The Dressmaker of Khair Khana: Five Sisters, One Remarkable Family, and the Woman Who Risked Everything to Keep Them Safe
  • Croc Gets a Shock
  • Moldilocks and the Three Scares: A Zombie Tale
  • Can U Save the Day?
  • My Little Forest (A Natural World Board Book)
  • The Little Fisherman
  • We're All Wonders
  • The Wolf, the Duck, and the Mouse
  • Library Lion
Evelyn Bookless grew up on a farm in the west of Ireland. She is a nature lover, mum, teacher and writer. Her first time diving was at The Great Barrier Reef. It blew her mind (but thankfully she made a full recovery!) Following this she learned to dive properly in the Atlantic Ocean one winter. She saw an octopus and was very happy even though it was very cold. Evelyn has lived in Hong Kong and ...more