Start by marking “Disregarding Fate (D'Vaire #8)” as Want to Read:
Disregarding Fate (D'Vaire #8)

Disregarding Fate

(D'Vaire #8)

As the son of the Cwylld rulers, Cadlyr hates being part of the notoriously war hungry tribe since the moment he understood the revulsion they caused in others. So, he’s delighted when he arrives at his first elven gathering and meets his other half. Cadlyr can leave the Cwylld and enjoy a prosperous life. Observing the tradition of their people, they agree to be mated the ...more
Published June 7th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Disregarding Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Disregarding Fate

Start your review of Disregarding Fate (D'Vaire #8)
Libby
May 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Skip

To the people who love this author and series, you can skip this one. This book brings a few of the most frustrating characters and it’s not worth the anger and disappointment you’ll feel in the book and author. In this book you don’t see any of the foes that everyone is keeping an eye on. The ending is terrible, which is unlike the author, I promise you’re not missing anything by skipping this one.
Sabella
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cadlyr has lived a life of horror and the one hope he had was lost when his mate killed himself on the eve of their ceremony. Two thousand years has passed before he finds a true home at D'Vaire with his brother. He is convinced to go to the elven gathering only to see the face of his long dead mate in the crowd.

Evlithar allows fear to overrule Fate and puts himself on the course of a different life than the one She wanted for him. When he sees his mate at the gathering, he panics at realizing
llv
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Disregarding Fate by Jessamyn Kingley
Rating: 3.5 stars
I enjoyed parts of this book, but it is my least favorite of the series so far. I think my main problem was with Evlithar. His interactions with Kalthekor and Tamlisyr were very hard to read. They just irritated me. I know why Evithar put up with them before he met his mate, I’m just now sure why he continued to put up with them after being mated. I also didn’t understand why Cadlyr didn’t talk to him sooner about it instead of just putting
Hillary
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dragon-bam
I recently found this series and they are wonderful! The world just keeps expanding and more awesome characters are introduced, without feeling overwhelming. The author presents strong character development and keeps readers engaged the whole time! Without giving away any spoilers, I can see where some might not like the MCs of this book, I really did - I understand why the characters made the decisions they did, and I really enjoyed this book. I can't wait to read the next one!
Denise White
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok

This book was ok.... I think what the ed me off was the ending and Ev... I thought he was sweet but truly a pushover... I thought the ending was not very realistic as well... If someone is as distasteful as Ev cousin his attitude is not going to change at a drop of a hat... Also I don't like how Ev didn't change his mind until said cousin talked to him....he should have come to that conclusion on his own.... Well written tho but plot was dissapointing...Off to book 9

Michele Evans
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

In this book, Caldyr and Evlithar met two thousand years ago as mates, but Evli feared his mates clan so he pretended to take his own life, submitting them both to centuries of loneliness. They finally meet again and have a chance to either break their bond or make it work. Can’t wait to read what’s next!!!
Tiffany
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was only ok

This book seemed to be off on a tangent. If your cared about Candyler then you might enjoy this more. The main conflict is really only brought up in the epilogue. Also, his mate and his family are odd.
Christie
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love it!

I cannot wait to read the rest of the series. This book has a little bit of everything. So grab a copy and read it. Happy reading!
Karen
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome series. Well written with kick ass characters.
DeWanda
Aug 12, 2019
Aj
Apr 24, 2019
KitKat
rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2019
Apr 12, 2019
Emily Smith
Aug 19, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Azaran (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #1)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • Sacred Omega (Guardian Dragons, #1)
  • Mind Magic  (Triad, #1)
  • Give Him Hell (Hellhound Champions #3)
  • The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
  • Forbidden (Siren Cove #1)
  • Omega's Trust (Guardian Dragons #2)
  • Malachite (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #4)
  • Prince of Death (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • Nothing Gained (The Chosen One, #4)
  • Knight's Fire (Scales of Honor #1)
  • Pendulum (Kingdom of Night, #1)
  • Eeli (The Brotherhood of Ormarr, #3)
  • Next to Nothing (The Chosen One #3)
  • Misfit Mage (Fledgling God #1)
  • Hidden (Siren Cove #2)
Jessamyn Kingley lives in Nevada where she begs the men in her head to tell her their amazing stories which she dutifully writes it all down in what has become a small mountain of notebooks. She falls in love with each couple and swears whatever book she wrote last is her absolute favorite.

Jessamyn is married and working toward remembering to start the dishwasher without being distracted by the

D'Vaire (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Dra'Kaedan's Coven (D'Vaire, #1)
  • Sentinel's Dagger (D'Vaire, #2)
  • Vengeance From The Dark (D'Vaire #3)
  • Resurrection of the Fallen (D'Vaire, #4)
  • Rise of the Lich Sentinel (D'Vaire #5)
  • Fall of the Arch Lich (D'Vaire #6)
  • The First Sentinel (D'Vaire #7)
  • Irresistible Indigo (D'Vaire #9)
  • The Summoner's Path (D'Vaire #10)
  • Becoming D'Vaire (D'Vaire, #11)