Start by marking “Revenge Love” as Want to Read:
Revenge Love

Revenge Love

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  83 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Revenge is sweet.

Emma Hastings has tried all her life to fit in. Throwing off her awkward high school years to become a member of a prestigious sorority at Wellbridge University, she has her sisters at her side, and the future spread out before her for the taking. Her senior year of college should be filled with parties, studying, and sweating between the sheets before she
Published July 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Revenge Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge Love

ari.
Aug 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: freaking-joke

If there's one book I regret reading, then it's this one. Like seriously, it's so freaking bad that I don't even wanna waste my time writing it a scathing review. Just listen to me, and don't pick it up. The immaturity and pointlessness of this alone will kill 90% of your brain cells.

1 "not in revenge, but just because it's that bad" star
Karen
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
UK chick here! Sorority sisters? Gamma Pi Alpha blah blah. It means nothing to me. I really don’t understand it. But what I do understand is a desire to fit in. To be accepted. To be a cool kid.

Jason Gould has never been a cool kid. He has a facial disfigurement. He is judged. He is convicted. Emma Hastings sees injustice for what it is. She wants to be a cool kid. Can she compromise her need to nurture with her need to fit in?

My word! This book took my heart and fried it. Then cut it into pie
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
3.5 Stars! I went through a range of emotions while reading this book. There were times that I absolutely hated it and then times that I really liked it.

The underlying context of sororities was somewhat lost on me because I never had an interest in joining a sisterhood in college. I never went to frat parties and I find the whole dynamic to be a little insane. However, I learned a little about this lifestyle by reading this book and found it to be quite interesting by the end.

Emma and Jason pul
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
I’m so torn on this book. There’s plenty I really, REALLY, love but also a lot that really, REALLY, pulled me out of the actual story. I think the best way to get my feelings across is to just break it down into what did it for me and why along with what didn’t and why without getting into too many details because spoilers. All of that said, I firmly believe there are a lot of people in the world right now that could benefit the lessons hidden inside this romance.
I fully admit, for quite a bit
Mary Mccormack
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emma tries desperately to fit in while still fighting against what she really wants to be... herself. While doing what she has to do to keep her status in her sorority she still tries to be a friend a friend to Jason. Jason and Emma went to the same high school and she knows if he had his way he would hide away from the world. He finds life easier if he can hide since he has a VERY obvious birthmark on his face, but it truly isn’t something you can hide. This story is the ups, downs, lefts, and ...more
Miranda Knight
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet revenge is never pretty. Neither is Jason Gould who suffers from a genetic mutation that has left his face disfigured. He is a loner and doesn't fit it. He prefers it that way. But his best friend Emma Hastings won't let him isolate himself from the world. The duo along with Emma's on\off bed fellow and her sorority sister Rosie embark on a revenge plot to show the entitled jerks of Wellbridge University that the outsiders of the world do not have to fit within the societal norms of perfec ...more
Melissa Jones
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Truth: You find what you're looking for when you least expect it."
"Truth: Friendship and love are impossible without a mutual vulnerability."
"Lie: Love yourself and others will follow."

This NA college romance of frenemies to lovers, of Emma and Jason, is real and raw with truth and lies that bring the angst and squeeze the heart and never let up until the very end. The author takes something as common as "wanting to fit in and being/finding yourself" and gives it a truly unique storyline, one t
Tiffany Readz
Slow Start, Great Finish!

From the blurb, I wasn't sure what to expect with this book and certainly not the emotional roller coaster ride it turned out to be. Kata Cuic gives her readers a little bit of everything in this college-age romance.

Right off the bat I didn't like Emma. I don't know if it was her constant need to fit in, or how she was so "woe is me". Either way, I wasn't a fan. Emma is a college senior and only has a few months to go before graduation. She's in a sorority, however is pr
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Emerald Book Reviews

'"You're just like the rest of them.  Selfish, stupid, blind to the suffering of others.  No matter how much you daydream otherwise, reality isn't going to get better for some of us.  There are no happily ever afters, no meet-cutes, and no knights in shining armour to slay the dragons.  We are the dragons.  You're just a vapid princess, waiting for someone else to save her."

I wasn't sure what to expect going into Revenge Love by Kata Cuic.  I am a huge fan of her Moving the C
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Emma Hastings has spent her entire life trying to fit in. She's a people pleaser and wears her heart on her sleeve. She also puts up with a lot from her best friend Jason, because she knows there is more to him than the little he shows the world.
Jason Gould has spent his entire life knowing he'll never fit in due to a facial deformity,, so why even try. He's moody and angry and believes he's not good enough for Emma, even going as far as to push her towards someone he thinks is.

When events at a
Areej
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

(4/5) ☆☆☆☆

Honestly, I delved into this book with my expectations fairly neutral. I had nothing to look up to nor was I worried too much I might end up being disappointed (because believe me, I have been disappointed in the past. A lot.) So I was actually taken aback by how good this book was, and this was kind of a constant reminder I shouldn't always take things for granted.

The story of Emma and Jason is not your typical friendship-turns-into-
Georgie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourite, college
This book was so different from anything I have read recently - it didn't follow script or the arc for a story about love and hardship.

I was blindsided at every turn!

Any time I thought I knew what was happening - the plot was turned on its head!

What an amazingly woven tale about all the traits that make us who we are!

The need to fit in, to fly under the radar, to be popular, to be accepted for who you are!

And more importantly the need to know that we are worth more!
More than what we think and, b
Sara Koelsch
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Revenge Love is exactly what I look for in a book. No matter the genre, I want to feel the books, to feel the pain, the emotions the authors put into their work. Revenge Love is bursting at the seams with feelings, with emotions!! This is such a deep story that really opened my mind and made me think outside of myself and my circle. Emma wants, no, Emma strives to fit in. To just be another sorority girl but she’s so much more than that. Jason would rather hide from the world or maybe just his v ...more
Catty Jane
****5 STARS****
****ARC Received for Honest Review****

Ok….this is so not the Moving the Chains series, this is not Evie and Rob and I so didn’t give a shit…..I thought it would but I didn’t. If you want angst, drama, flawed characters, depth, evolved and involved plot lines, than read a Kata Cuic book and read this one. Revenge Love is a wonderful perfect 10 dive away from what she is known for. It takes so big b@lls to do something like that and dare she did.

Emma and Jasons relationship and the
Amy Rangel
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Revenge Love by Kata Cuic
5 Star - Modern day Beauty and the Beast

This was a wow for me! I have never read any books by the author and I am so glad that I read this book. I have to say that I was a little thrown in the beginning, wondering if this lead female would ever have a relationship, friendship, conversation where people actually mean what they say… but then that was the beauty of it all.

It was like a complete awakening when the puzzles started to fit into place, when the true meanings we
Toni
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book!

If you want typical, this book isn’t for you. If you want everything wrapped up in a nice little package, it’s not for you. If you want your typical hero and heroine, it’s not for you. But, this book IS for you if you love twists and turns. This book is for you if you’re a fan of fighting for love. This absolutely is for you if you love angst. I seriously had to read this book twice before writing a review on it because I missed some stuff the first time around. Big stuff that’s s
Cathy
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW....this book is hard to put into words. Tears come when thinking about it. Have you ever felt like the outsider, like you didn't fit in, didn't belong? This book tackles those issues and so much more. Love can come about when you try to push it away, love can erupt when needed and grow into something amazing. Love can also hurt and feel like a punishment.

Emma and Jason have this weird sort of friendship and while it may seem different it worked for them and you could see that no matter what
Tracy Lawson
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for me

I had really mixed emotions about this book I really did love to hate and I mean that literally.

Emma I really struggled at times with her character she wanted to fit in so bad that she was desperate and I really wanted so shake her at times and tell her to stop being such a doormat and at other times I really felt sorry for her but everything she did was of her own making so........

Jason wants to be the villain of this story but he didn’t pull it off at all how can the beast be t
Amy Stephens
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love complex stories where the author takes me on a journey and my mind is sent in a million different directions. The angst in Revenge Love, though, is so over the top throughout the bulk of the story, I almost needed to come up for air before diving back into the words again. I wish I could say that I absolutely loved it, because there were parts of it that I did, but then there were other times I wanted to throw my tablet across the room.

In all honesty, I don't think I have ever struggled
Julie
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, sa, series, romance, nadult
In this new book but Kata Ciuc, we meet Emma, her two best friends Jason and Rosie and her ex Kieran. This book follows Emma as she goes through her final year in college and tries to still find herself and her wants before she is expected to become a true adult.
Like all books by Kata, her heroines are not perfect. She makes her characters have faults, ailments or anything else that helps them be more believable to her readers. like Emma got a bit whiny early in book but it just showed the read
Becky Wise
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
At first I didn't know if I was going to enjoy this one since it did take me a little bit to really get into it. But I could be my own fault trying to start a book when I had a lot of distractions going on during the whole read and couldn't give it my full attention. With that being said I plan on re-reading once things slow down a bit since. This book is all about the misfits fighting back against the so called high and mighty and revenge never seemed so sweet. I love the bickering love/hate re ...more
Tara Peters
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, but felt that the ending was rushed. Jason and Emma have been friends for a couple of years, along with a mutual friend. When a secret friendship between Jason and Rosie is revealed, Emma starts thinking that she can't trust either one of them.
Jason has never for in, he has a genetic issue that makes his face look scary, so when he actually shows up at a frat party, for the first time, all he## breaks loose. Rosie comes up with a way to take the focus off of Jason, Emma feel
Brianne Maffett
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it

Emma and Jason pul
Brandie Breaux
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This book! This book had a little bit of everything that I love in a story. I have read and loved every one of Kata's books, and this one again did not disappoint. To be honest, I had a hard time getting through the first chapter of this book, but I am SO glad that I didn't give up. The slow-burn chemistry between Emma and Jason just made me swoon. There were so many WTF moments of this story that I wasn't sure how it would end. The lies and trust issues kept me guessing what was actually ...more
Ax
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jason and Emma are friends (sometimes enemies), and haven’t quite been able to figure out their roles in each other’s lives. They’re playing a dangerous game where repercussions could lead to more than heartache.

This book has a little bit for everyone. It’s a NA college romance, with plenty of angst, a little suspense, some frienemies to lovers action, no cliffhanger, and a good epilogue for everyone who needs just a little bit more from every love story they’ve ever read.

If you’re into the broo
Carissa Janes
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting storyline

Overall I thought this story was intriguing and it kept me guessing at what would happen next. There were a few things that could be tightened up, like the fights seemed to go back and forth and on and on. I didn't understand about Jason's face until several chapters in the book, and then he was a contradiction of self-pity and self-acceptance that had me feeling like whiplash, as well as his feelings for Emma. Sometimes I wasn't sure what was going on with Kieran and where
Suzanne
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: svbo-reviews
I have to say I did struggle somewhat with this story because the angst and college drama was off the charts. It was almost a little too much that it took a bit away from the actual story and the message it was conveying. The desperate need to fit in. I felt that there was a hostile undertone to the story towards Emma from both people who claim to be her friends and the people she was trying to please. It hurt my heart to see how Emma was treated but also how she treated her friends in some aspe ...more
Erica Alexander
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's another touchdown. Even if there's no football in this one.

This is a story about two deeply flawed people, who are so limited by their visions of themselves that they can hardly see each other. And even when they do see each other, they still fight themselves.
Emma and Jason are set in their ways, each for a different reason. They clash even as they come together.

This book will take you through a full gamut of emotions, from laughing out loud at the clever dialogues to anger at what the cha
Miss L J Farrar
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This isn’t your typical love story so if that’s what you’re looking for then this probably isn’t the book for you. This book has angst, passion, betrayal, exclusion, loneliness. It will pick you up and drop you and you won’t see it coming. The relationship between the MCs is flawed but beautiful and it feels truthful. Real.
No it isn’t your typical love story, it’s not fluffy or sweet but it does give you what you want - a deep powerful connection between two people whose flaws and choices have l
« previous 1 3 next »
Kata is not active on Goodreads. If you really need to contact her, your best bet is email or through her website.