Start by marking “One Week (One Week #1)” as Want to Read:
One Week (One Week #1)

One Week

(One Week #1)

ONE WEEK

A new forbidden arrangement standalone novel from Roya Carmen, author of The Ground Rules Trilogy.

A troubled marriage. A one week hall pass.

Gabriella Moore has it all; a beautiful husband, two adorable children, and a dream home. Yet, when, by chance, she befriends Eli online, she falls fast. And hard.

She knows she must let him go, and saying goodbye is one
Published June 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about One Week, please sign up.
Roya Carmen It's a standalone - no cliffhanger. But it's also part of a series - the next book is the story of her friend, Maeve (also a standalone) :) …moreIt's a standalone - no cliffhanger. But it's also part of a series - the next book is the story of her friend, Maeve (also a standalone) :) (less)

Start your review of One Week (One Week #1)
Dilek VT
3 stars out of 2,5

Let me begin by saying that this book deals with a topic that is dangerous, taboo & forbidden and therefore, it is not for everyone.

This is not a pure romance book. It is not about an ideal relationship - on the contrary, it is so far from it.

It is about falling out of love and falling in love with someone else while in a committed relationship.

The plot:

Gabrielle is married with children. On the outside, she has everything, a gorgeous and famous husband, two awesome kids, a lu
Dee Montoya
FIVE AMAZING STARS *****

Wow! It's going to be hard reviewing this book because all I have are positive adjectives to describe this story. One Week is a sexy, exhilarating, all-consuming, raw, romance story. It felt so real, so close to my heart, my skin, my entire being. This book is possibly the best book I’ve read all year. So good!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Gabriella, it seems has the perfect life. A handsome, successful husband, two beautiful children, a gorgeous home, and great friends. It's easy for her to get
Grey
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Well, well, well. One Week. As soon as I started seeing teasers and heard murmurings about this book I immediately hit the preorder one-click on Amazon...and also clicked it on NetGalley. Lucky me is now the owner of both copies, haha! Thanks NetGalley and my happy one-click preorder finger! I remember sitting at my keyboard when I was writing my reviews for Ms. Carmen's series The Ground Rules. Actually, maybe I can't... because I could barely pry myself away from my kindle long enough to do an ...more
EscapeNBooks
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Favorite in trope
Favorite of the year
Endless stars

One Week by Author Roya Carmen is a contemporary romance, love affair novel.

“Life goes on, no matter how you feel inside. You put on a brave face for those around you.”

Gabbie married her husband, had two beautiful children she adored, and a life most would call a dream. For her it wasn’t. For her, it became a numb routine she followed day after day. However, hidden in that path to nowhere was a man, Eli, and he made her world come to life.

“...t
Bookphenomena (Micky)

Sometimes I like the idea of a twisted married couples, three-in-the-marriage kind of book and when I do, Roya Carmen is one of the authors that springs to mind. ONE WEEK did have a familiarity in terms of reminiscence of The Ground Rules, but there were differences.

Gabriella starts an online connection with another artist on Instagram and feelings connect. Gabi is married to a very selfish man, John. I couldn’t stand John, his self-centredness, arrogance and I wasn’t surprised by the r
Lisa Aiello
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy-romance
I had some mixed feelings while reading this book. Absolutely loved Eli, and I thought Gabriella was so very selfish in how she handled things. So let's get to it. Gabriella is married to John. Their marriage is fine, if a bit lonely, stale and lackluster. But they love each other. Because she is lonely, Gabriella finds herself with a bit of a crush with artist, Eli, who she meets via the Interwebs. He is an artist that lives on the other side of the world. They have a lot in common, and their f ...more
Coco.V
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (10/12/18)!💝

Blurb:
A troubled marriage. A one week hall pass.

She knows she must let him go, and saying goodbye is one of the hardest things she’s ever done, but she resolves to move on and forget about her beautiful stranger.

But then… she makes an unexpected discovery, and it shakes her perfect world to its core
Tiffany Johnson
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars

I loved The Ground Rules trilogy overall so I was excited to read this new book that sounded angsty and taboo. While there were some things I really liked (hello, Eli!) there were others that made me cringe (ugh, Gabriella.)

I had a lot of difficulty connecting with the main character, Gabriella. On one hand I understood where she was coming from...seemingly perfect life with a great house, husband, and kids, but yet seems lonely and empty. I think she had lost herself a long the way;
Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice
Seriously? A married couple both dishonest, although one much more than the other. Should have realised they were in a rut, tried a holiday or some counselling to see if there was anything to save, and if not divorce and move on. But no they both cheat, and realise the hard way they should break up, but don’t worry it’s all very friendly! Ha as if! Waste of time.
Robin Powers
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the stars! How intense and emotionally heartbreaking. I could feel every single crack in Gabriella's heart...not to mention Eli's. This was just raw, gritty and the realness of life and marriage and how some grow closer and mature and some drift apart. I actually cried reading some parts of their story because sometimes it's not about what's fair or what's smart and that just sucks. John, Gabriella and Eli pulled me into their lives and I could not put this story down. I read and read and de ...more
JudyCa
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: c, kindle
2.5* Well, I hate when I don't quite get the connection to the MC's. The idea of the story had me excited and anxious however, for me, I didn't feel the angst with the whole situation. And I think that is what engages me in this type of story. ...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
One Week by Roya Carmen
3.5 stars!!!

“One week is not enough.”

This author always crosses lines, so going into this one I knew there would be cheating of some sort, whether it be complicit or not, and as ever, Roya Carmen didn’t disappoint. Cheating does not bother me at all, I’m not fazed by it in books, unfortunately it is a part of life for some and I love a real romance. Real relationships with real issues and Roya Carmen certainly puts her own spin on this one.

“The only fla
Cyndi Becker
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ll admit I was hesitant going into this read. I’ve not let myself Roya Carmen Ground Rules series for fear I’d throw my kindle against the wall. But after reading One Week, I may think I've steeled myself for it. I'm not a stranger to HIGH ANGST, but there was something making me anxious – good and bad anxiety that is. I've read another book by RC and I liked the story I simply never warmed up to the heroine Loving Amber. With One Week, I had a mixed reaction.

The situation is bad for sure, th
Shyralf
3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Stars! Forbidden romance. Was just meh for me.
Caro
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
*** caution: mild spoilers! ***

This new book by Roya Carmen was so very realistic. November of last year, one of my best friends discovered her husband had an affair and the aftermath was a little like RC described it in "One week". Sure, the whole situation with the "hall pass" was a little weird but stranger things have happened...

However, the author's writing and her characters seemed a little too neutral here. I've read better, "The ground rules series" by her was much more intense somehow.
Eva
Oct 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Just wanted to say one thing....to everyone who is worried that the hero is a disgusting cheater, I just want to clarify that this is not true (view spoiler) ...more
Luna Sol
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was totally glued to this book from beginning to end. I could not stop reading it. I was anxious and just wanted to get to the bottom of everything. Love it!
Robyn
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Little Mermaid Stars

I’m really not all that surprised, that I couldn’t put this book down; it’s different than most books I read. This book will not be for everybody. It’s what I would consider taboo/forbidden. However, if you’ve been married for a good number of years, you may just identify to the visceral, and the very human aspects of this story. I won’t re-summarize the blurb, or give any additional details away.

I’d have rated this a bit higher, but the ending could have been better, in
Konny
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One Week by Roya Carmen is a full length, standalone, forbidden romance novel.
Gabriella Moore lives the dream life, it seems. She´s happily married with two kids, she has a dream home and her husband is more than successful. When she discovers his secret everything crumbles down around her. To get even with him she wants a hall pass for one week and leavesn to be with Eli.
Eli is a artist, lives in Europe and has a crush on her. What both didn´t expected is, they fell in love with each other. But
Romance Readers Retreat
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gabriella has the life, most would dream of. She is happily married, has two beautiful children and spends her days living the life of luxury. Appearances are often deceiving though, and despite how it looks to the outside world, her marriage is in trouble and she is discontent with her life and sometimes feels trapped. The only thing she is truly passionate about is her art that she dabbles in. Her artistic passion leads her to a chance encounter on Instagram with Eli takes her life in an unexp ...more
Saunders
I love this author and I knew that when I started this she had gone down a path I didn't like.

Roya Carmen's One Week explores the problems within a marriage and of course the need to have "betrayal/cheating" aspect. So in I went and boy I did not like it (there's a surprise)

As a reader I didn't like the choices that the male and female character made in this story and I honestly didn't think their marriage was strong enough to survive. One Week brought torment, agony, and the breakdown of a mar
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
This was one great story that will have you in complete shambles.

I found myself completely glued to my device from beginning to end!

What do you do when you have the perfect marriage, beautiful children and a spouse you are madly and truly in love with, or at least you think you still are!

Gabriella has a great marriage, she loves her husband he loves her too. But she's starting to realize that he doesn't have time for his family anymore. When he's not away at book signings, he's locked up in his
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Something about the blurb for One Week caught my interest right away. I mean, an essential “hall pass” for a woman married with two small children. It promised to be not only angsty emotional but I figured a bit naughty and alluring. It was all of the above!

Our heroine is a married mother of two. Her husband is a writer, often working from ho e in his study or away at signings. Wherever he is, Gabriella is lonely. She doesn’t even realize how lonely her life of motherhood and freelance art unti
Katie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it

I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with this book. I was a big fan of Roya Carmen's Ground Rules series, so when I saw she had a new book releasing with a forbidden storyline, I was very excited. However, I'm sad to say that this one didn't live up to my expectations at all.

So let's start at the beginning here. At the start, this was very reminiscent of two other books I've read, it was a lot like Author Anonymous (which was fantastic) and a little like Frayed Silk (which was j
Jen Zingaro
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-triangles
The moment I read the blurb on this book, I knew I had to have it. I adored the Ground Rules Trilogy and love forbidden romance. This story does an interesting job of outlining something that could easily happen in any marriage these days. You meet people online and it may just be an innocent conversation about some common interest that lights the spark. That's how things develop with Gabbie and Eli. They are both artists and have been fans of each other's works on IG. I will tell you this. I wa ...more
Patricia Maia (The Bookery Review)
As soon as I saw the blurb I knew I needed to read this book. It's not an easy read, it might shake you a little, but it's worth it.

Sometimes love ends. That's simple and true.
There's some little pointers in relationships that gives this away and get you thinking is it worth to stay with the same person forever?
Well Gabriela had those pointers. She didn't know at first, but they were there.

When someone gets in your life the way Eli did and you are not happy anymore, you start paying attention to
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
OMG… I don’t know where to begin… I absolutely adored this book and these characters! Roya Carmen's storytelling captures you and makes you want to be part of that world. This book hooked me from the beginning; I couldn’t put it down and got to the end thinking “but I want more!” I’m just not ready to leave these characters behind.

I felt so many emotions while reading this book: I laughed, I hurt for Gabriella, I cried and cried and at one point I couldn’t see my Kindle through the tears. I fel
Kathy
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Everything............ Isn't
Do Not read this book if you have issues with the "C" word. Not all romances are rainbows and unicorns.
I devoured this story in hours. A Perfect family, marriage, kids, husband, home and friends.
But is it enough? There are many lessons in this book and from real life experiences, I can vouch for the honesty between the pages. A realistic look at the what-if's with an ending that satisfied all.
Stephanie
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Enjoyed for the most part. Needed more angst or more sex or more conflict. Just something more.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Maryse's Book Blo...: One Week by Roya Carmen 96 32 Jun 27, 2018 09:21PM

• Lover
  • A White Picket Fence (A White Picket Fence #1)
  • The Ticket (The Affair, #1)
  • Ten Reasons to Stay (The Risky Hearts Duet, #1)
  • The Red Dress (The Affair Duet Book 2)
  • Inhale, Exhale. (Hollow Ridge #1)
  • Life Without You
  • Whatever It Takes
  • Swimming Naked (A White Picket Fence, #2)
  • Against All Odds (Against, #1)
  • Dismount (Off Balance, #5)
  • Forget Me Not
  • Yesterday Is Gone (Yesterday #1)
  • Tear Stained Beaches
  • Love, Hate & Us
  • Never Letting You Go
  • Suddenly Forbidden (Gray Springs University, #1)
  • Execution (Off Balance, #2)
Busy mom, romance writer, artist & designer, book-aholic, nature lover, and hopeless romantic.

Author of The Ground Rules trilogy, and the Riverstone series.

For all the latest updates, friend me on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...
Twitter: @royacarmen
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/royacarmen/
Wattpad: @royastories

One Week (3 books)
  • One Week Hating You (One Week #2)
  • One Week in Paris (One Week #3)