Start by marking “Leaves of Fall” as Want to Read:
Leaves of Fall

Leaves of Fall

Armory was born into a post-apocalyptic world torn apart by a war between man and nature. She lives with her mother and other humans in the rubble of New York City. When she’s kidnapped by nomads and taken far from her home, a tree nymph is the one who comes to her rescue.

Birch claims he can get Armory back to her family. Not all trees wanted a war. If Armory wants to see
ebook
Published August 2018

To ask other readers questions about Leaves of Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leaves of Fall

Start your review of Leaves of Fall
Brittany
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Free ARC provided through Sunrise Author Services in exchange for an honest review.

Review:
I love everything about this book! A unique plot and characters, diversity, and perfect for people like me who are big environmental enthusiasts. Seriously, Leaves of Fall made me want to go hug a tree! I love how unique this plot is, trees rising up and warring against humans? I’ve only seen one story even remotely similar to this, and to be brutally honest the movie, The Happening, kinda sucked. Sorry for
Tonja Drecker
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an intriguing dystopian which not only draws in with fast-paced adventure but adds an interesting, natural twist.

Armory lives on a future Earth where trees and nature decided to take a stand against humanity, a bloody one. The planet is at war. Armory lives in a type of small community in the ruins of a city, where they literally fight for every food grown. When nomads raid them, Armory and her best friend are kidnapped with the intention of giving them to members of the gang. But an une
Anna Tan
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, review-copy
4.5 stars, because it's not like super *omg wow writing* but it has a lot of feels. I wavered between 4 and 5 and decided to let it stand with the .5.

Leaves of Fall is a beautiful and tragic, yet hopeful, story about the war between humans and trees. In this dystopian America, the trees have come awake and waged war against humans for all the crimes humanity has committed against trees and nature. Entire populations have been decimated and small human communities now band together for survival
Christine Rains
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Humanity is at war with trees and plants. Armory lives in a world where she must fight the food she's grown to survive. When she's kidnapped by nomads, a tree nymph named Birch rescues her. She doesn't know if she can trust him, but she wants to see her family again. On their journey, she discovers some plants want to make peace, but can one girl and her tree nymph friend make a difference?

This was a fantastic YA dystopian read unlike anything I've picked up before. It's a frightening world to t
Ellie
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading it was a blast. It was the perfect read to cure all my worries. I like the flow of the story. I love the narration. It made me keep on reading not wanting to stop. It made me think of all the possibilities that the world may have. I wanted more.

P. S I read it without knowing that Birch is a tree nymph and that made a huge difference.
Lauren
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
To see my review and to enter a giveaway check out my blog!
Jemima Pett
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, ibooks, dystopia, ya
I don’t reach much post-apocalypse works these days, but to me, the premise of Leaves of Fall is exciting and original. The trees have fought back. I have to say, I think it’s an excellent idea, although they don’t seem to make much distinction between their friends and enemies among the humans. But it turns out to be more complex than that. Complexity of personal values and beliefs is one of the major strengths of this book.

The world-building in Leaves of Fall is excellent. Armory’s parents rem
May 05, 2019
Faida orrie
Nov 05, 2020
Patricia Lynne
May 16, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Trish Strong
May 11, 2020
Isaac Watts
Jun 02, 2020

• A Shifting of Stars (Of Stars, #1)
  • Lightspeed Magazine, January 2018
  • Fireside Magazine Issue 60, October 2018
  • Apex Magazine Issue 105, February 2018
  • Uncanny Magazine Issue 25: November/December 2018
  • Uncanny Magazine Issue 23: July/August 2018
  • Fireside Magazine Issue 52, February 2018
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Beneath the Sugar Sky (Wayward Children, #3)
  • Liar (The Scarab Beetle, #2)
  • Discount Armageddon (InCryptid, #1)
  • Mistake of Magic (Power of Five, #2)
  • Luna The Lone Wolf
  • Hitched: The One
  • Alien: Echo
  • Keeping My Pack (My Pack, #2)
  • Shadow Study (Soulfinders #1; Study, #4)
When Patricia Lynne was younger, she had dreams of becoming an artist like Picasso. Writing only came later as a creative passion. She wrote down a story on a whim and hasn't regretted a moment since. Now, she spends her days writing young adult stories about paranormal creatures, aliens, or magic.

Patricia lives with her husband in Michigan, hopes one day to have what will resemble a small petting

News & Interviews