Start by marking “Perfect Mistake (Perfect, #1)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Mistake (Perfect, #1)

Perfect Mistake (Perfect, #1)

Simone Levin had a dream job as a safari pilot until an unexpected pregnancy clipped her wings. Tired of juggling motherhood with her demanding flight schedule, Simone applies for an office job, unaware that her new boss is Carlo Carlevaro, the man who’d ditched her before finding out he’d knocked her up.

Carlo returns to East Africa only to kill another fire—Ivory traffic
Kindle Edition, First, 271 pages
Published June 6th 2018 by The Wild Rose Pres

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Mistake

E-Reader Addict
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
4.5 Stars!

I am in complete and utter awe that this is Sophia Karlson’s first book. The only thing missing from this book is an epilogue, otherwise Perfect Mistake is romantic suspense perfection.

Simone Levine was a young, new pilot when she met and fell in love with experienced pilot Carlos. Their brief and extremely intense affair came to a screeching halt when Carlos was called away on family business and was never heard from again. When Simone discovered she was pregnant she went looking for
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Perfect Mistake is a second chance romance with a hero and heroine who are truly soul mates, separated by lies, mistrust and misunderstandings. Simone and Carlo had a undeniable connection and chemistry that wouldn’t let them go even after circumstances tore them apart. When fate throws them back in each other’s past they can’t fight the attraction and feelings but are caught up in so much hurt and so many lies that it takes work on both sides to get over through it and earn their well deserve
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simone Levin is a pilot who is tired of juggling her her single motherhood with a demanding pilot schedule, so even though she loves flying, she’s decided that she has to apply for an office job within her company. Especially since there are big changes coming for that company, and she can’t meet those heavier flight obligations if she ever wants to see her baby, Sarah. Little does she know that the big boss is Carlo Carlevaro, the man who left her with a fake name before he knew he got her preg ...more
Amber Daulton
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simone Levin is a pilot for the East African branch of Carlevaro Air and usually transports tourists to various Carlevaro lodges and resorts in Tanzania. Though she deals with some sexual harassment, she enjoys her job for the most part but doesn’t like flying overnight trips due to her three-year-old daughter at home. Life is going pretty well for Simone until her manager has a heart attack and the big bosses from headquarters fly in and start changing things.
Carlo Carlevaro is the CEO of Carle
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me, and I will certainly be looking to read more of her work in the future. Simone is a pilot for Carlevaro Air’s East Africa branch. Carlo is the CEO and is investigating logistics and poaching issues, and is surprised when he comes across Simone again. Simone is hiding a secret, and Carlo is determined to find out what this is. No spoilers; this is a must read, you will not be disappointed! This is a well written story which has complex characters, and is an enjoyable s ...more
Melissa Schaub
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This second chance love story is filled with doubt, regret, danger and scandal; however it is told in a way that makes you want to hope for more. Even though it took me a little bit to get into the story, I still really enjoyed this book and I am very happy I stuck it out.

Years ago Simone and Carlo had a whirlwind connection that made them both think forever, but when unavoidable circumstances have him leaving her with no explanation, he leaves behind more than heartbreak.

Now situations bring
Kali McQuillen
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-arc, 2018-read
Simone and Carlo fell in love fast and hard when he was her trainer. Then he had to leave suddenly for family reasons but she didn't know what those were. She was heartbroken when he didn't come back and she couldn't find him to let him know that he was going to be a father.

She is content in life and is doing her best raising her daughter when the big bosses show up to do an investigation. She's so shocked that it's her Carlo's and she does everything in her power to make sure that he doesn't fi
Colette Williams
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have not read a book in years, and I just couldn’t put this book down! A great read. I laughed, blushed and cried. I can’t wait to read the authors next book.
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So this is my first Sophia Karlson book and I love reading new authors. But I do not like second-chance books. So giving a new author (to me) a chance to wow me with a second-chance book is a big deal. And I have to say I am really happy that I did. I was really intrigued by the blurb. And I was not disappointed by the story.

The author really brings you into the locations and because I come from an airline family she did a fantastic job with that area as well. The characters are flawed, compl
Amy
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sophia Karlson has started her writing right with Perfect Mistake. I liked this story. It is full of intrigue, adventure, mystery, suspense, and romance. Simone and Carlos have gone through so much the last several years. It was interesting seeing how they were going to work through it.
I am giving Perfect Mistake four and a half stars. I am, also, looking forward to more by Sophia Karlson in the future. She obviously has a long career ahead of her.
I received this book from the author. This rev
United Indie Book Blog
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really good read that I enjoyed all the way until the end. This was a wonderful second at love story. This story leads you on an adventure and to love. I love the characters chemistry through the story. I went into this story preconceived notions and was glad that they were all wrong. This story was so much better than I thought it was going to be. The characters were great, the writing was good, and the plot pretty good. There was so much to enjoy about this book. It is so worth read ...more
Mathilda Hollingworth
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this easy read - being swept off my feet by the handsome Carlo, just like the spunky heroine of the romance. The setting - bustling Dar es Salaam and the safari belt of Eastern Africa is a perfect backdrop for the couple to rekindle their passionate love affair, while also trying to get to grips with the very real and dangerous world of ivory trafficking.
Perfect weekend reading next to the fireplace in winter, or if you are lucky enough to end up on a tropical beach, like Si
Charlene Namdhari
Maybe I'm a bit biased here since Africa is home for me but what a stunning book by debut author Sophia Karlson. Hardly believable this is her first book. Perfect Mistake, a romantic suspense is beautifully written with stunning settings that captivate your imagination and gives you a hint of Africa if you haven't been there.

Simone Levine was a new pilot learning the ropes when she met and fell in love with Carlos, also a pilot. Their relationship was an intense but short lived when Carlos was c
vaneeta naik
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first book by Sophia & it was a wonderful experience , i loved this sweet, cozy no hassles , no nonsense story ... It is a second chance at love story which was heart touching & presented beautifully by the author... Though it was predictable , still held my interest till the end as the love between two people seperated by undue circumstances touches the soul... i loved it ...

This book presents Carlo & Simone's story ...Simone Levin is a pilot for the East African branch of Carlev
Bookgyrl
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I was surprised by this book. Set in Tanzania it has an unusual background. Simone is a pilot for Carlevaro Air and she is also trying to raise her young daughter in Dar el Salaam. When Carlo Carlevaro arrives to investigate suspicious cargo both Simone and Carlo are reminded of their intense 6 week romance 4 years ago (of which her daughter is a result).

While Simone and Carlo try to reconnect after finding out why they lost contact and Carlo is getting to know his child the trafficking of
Alison
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in two days. I couldn't put it down. Perfect Mistake had me hooked from the first chapter until the last. The storyline and setting is different to what I've read before and had me turning each page eager to learn what was going to happen next. Sophia Karlson is a talented writer that makes me feel she is well travelled. I am eager to read more of her work. Given the storyline and setting, I would love to watch this story on the big screen.
Elizabeth
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! I haven’t read a “can’t sleep” book in so long and this was definitely one of those books. It kept me on the edge of my seat, wanting more, needing to know what happened next. It was steamy, suspenseful, heartbreaking. It had everything in it. Definitely would have loved an epilogue but maybe there will be a second part and we can have more of Carlo and Simone!
Kirsty Vella
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Set in the wilds of Tanzania this book has the lot beautiful setting, suspense and an all consuming love affair. Wonderfully written with characters that draw you in every step of the way. Do yourself a favour and read it today I can’t wait for more !!
Stephen King
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sophia Karlson is a fantastic author who really brought this tale to life. I felt the tension of the relationship, the exotic location and loved the ending. While romance is not my usual genre, Im so glad I discovered this author and have no hesitation of recommending her.
mybookcraze
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2018
*Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*

My only issue with this was that I really wanted an epilogue it would have tied the book together perfectly.

Simone Levine was a young and a new pilot when she met Carlos an experienced pilot. Eventually Carlos had to leave due to a family issue. Simone discovered she was pregnant and went looking for Carlos and she couldn't find him. Four years later, she finds Carlos as the head of the company she working for. She ends up being a suspect in cas
poppy
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a really good second chance romance it was well written with a really good storyline it held my attention and kept me on the edge of my seat reight the ay until the end. You get plenty of romance lots of suspense as well as a secret child I really enjoyed this book it is the first I have read from Sophia and cannot wait to try more.
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

4 years ago,Simone and Carlo had 6 glorious weeks together. Then Carlo disappeared, leaving Simone pregnant. Now Carlo is back, as her boss and he's trying to find out who is using his flights for the poaching of ivory. When Simone is implicated, she has to reveal his daughter to him. Can they survive just what is happening around them, between them?

I did not know, going into this book, that Karlson is a first time auth
Kri Wood
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Perfect Mistake by Sophia Karlson  I received this ARC from Goddessfishpromotions in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first book by this author and the synopsis actually made me interested in this book. Interesting because I am normally not but very excited to read her work!

Very much enjoyed this easy spunky heroine of romance read. If i am trying to rekindle my romance I think the setting of bustling Dar es Salaam and the safari belt of Eastern Africa is a perfect. However, there are
Lisa
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I do not normally read romance, especially ones with erotic scenes, but this book was recommended by a friend so I thought I’d give it a go.
I am so impressed!! I can’t believe it is a first for the author.
The relationship and romance between Simone and Carlo seemed natural and real. When they finally got together it felt like it was when it was supposed to be. Not rushed or unnecessary, and very well written. The story had me in suspense and I was genuinely invested in what happened.
Definitel
Hester B
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This debut novel is pure delight and the perfect escape after a day’s work. The characters are well developed, the descriptions spot on. But this novel is much more than a suspense or a romance, it opens the conscious about ivory poaching, its repercussions and gives glimpses into beautiful the nature of Africa. It weaves the stories of the characters seamlessly with that of the suspense, and at the heart of all of this is Tanzania. It’s a triumph of skilled storytelling and holds the readers at ...more
Karen  Dee
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed a previous book from Sophia Karlson which was a contemporary romance. It was erotic, sexy and sweet. This book is romantic suspense with emphasis more on the suspense than the romance. It is also the well used hidden pregnancy trope. This book discusses an important issue that is going on in the world animal poaching specifically elephants for ivory tusks. This seems to be the emphasis of the book more than the romance. While I enjoyed the book for discussing this issue and bringi ...more
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

I really enjoyed this book and the fact that this is the authors debut book is really something.

The mystery winds all through the book and i was completely unable to pin-point the culprit and the chemistry between Carla and Simone was really good.

The only problem that i had was that there was no epilogue to tie up a few loose ends. Yes we get that Carlos goes to get his girl and they will probably move to Italy, ho
Susan C
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love, intrigue, poachers and so much more

Carlo and Simone have history, although he has no clue exactly how much. Sophia Karlson expertly weaves a story of their reunion amid the search to discover and stop poachers in the African savanna. Her expert prose and dialogue takes you on adventure you won’t want to miss.
Mona williams
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
this was a really great book! to me it was just to long to get the whole point across. she is trying to make it with a child in the mix. so she sets off to get a office job. only her new boss is her old lover and father of her child. there is danger in this book. plus he doesnt know about the child. read to find out what happens.
JoAnne
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Taking place in Africa (which in itself was a bonus with the realistic and vivid scenes), this romantic mystery was one I found myself on the edge of my seat as the tension built and the plot thicken. Full of intrigue, suspense, and passionate romance, there is never a dull moment in this well written story with some truly interesting characters.