Start by marking “Salvation in the Sun (The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Salvation in the Sun (The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles, #1)

Salvation in the Sun (The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles, #1)

This future she knows for certain--the great sun city will be her undoing.

Amidst a power struggle between Pharaoh and the priesthood of Amun, Queen Nefertiti helps the ill-prepared new Pharaoh, Amenhotep, enact his father's plan to regain power for the throne. But what seemed a difficult task only becomes more grueling when Amenhotep loses himself in his radical obsessions
Published May 13th 2018 by LLMBooks Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Salvation in the Sun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Salvation in the Sun

Start your review of Salvation in the Sun (The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles, #1)
C. Coleman
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My undergrad degree is in ancient history and my favorite is the history of Egypt. I find most novels about the Amarna period inaccurate with gross exaggerations and mistakes incompatible with the known facts. This is an excellent and most probable account of the royal family that I've read yet. It's well researched and written, flows well, and has very good characterizations. I do recommend this novel for those interested in the history of ancient Egypt.
Neita Campbell
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Historical Fiction at its best!!!

A riveting book that brought history alive! I was totally engaged with the characters and captivated with Nefertiti's journey! If you love historical fiction, this book is a must read!!!
Shanet Outing
Apr 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was really good

I always loved reading about ancient Kemet and Kemet and wondering who is who. I loved the book because for fiction it felt very real. It is as if this is what really happened although no one knows really anything about Kemet. It is hard as well when documentation was not taking very good especially during Amenhotep IV reign. Which is understandable because of the embarrassment he brought to the people base off his own insecurities and having something to prove to his mother
Joy RS
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written story, and a compelling ride back in time to the world of Nefertiti. If you're into ancient Egyptian history, or if you know nothing about it, this is a great read - I learnt a lot and enjoyed every moment of it! Warning: I was also inspired to get onto the internet and read more about this period and the next, and the next... I would recommend this book and I'm looking forward very much to the author's next one.
Tina Chandler
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing rendition of the Amarna dynasty
Susan Piazza
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read several books dealing with this time this book is by far the best.

The scenes, though fictionalized, appear in keeping what we know about this period and its real life people. The author goes into great depth about life in Egypt giving us a glimpse into clothing, hairstyles, and religion. It is religion that drives not only this story but also this whole period in Egyptian history.

This novel is about King Tut’s father.

In this book, Thutmose III, next in line to be Pharaoh, meets an un
Toni
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining, a different view of history...
Jane Blanchard
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lauren Lee Merewether skillfully weaves a plausible tale about Queen Nefertiti, queen of Egypt and wife of Pharaoh Akhenaten during the 14th century B.C. Salvation in the Sun is a tale of how this most beautiful and powerful female Egyptian ruler helps her husband Pharaoh Amenhotep install the cult of Atun, the Sun God.

Since I know little of Egyptian history, I enjoyed the fictional story (the first of the trilogy) of this influential woman more than the possible retelling of historical events.
Eva Stewart
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The love for the Sun

This story was very intense.It kept my attention. There was a lot of excitement yet unbelievable things happening. This king loved the sun because when he stayed out in it. It made decreased his pain and made him feel better.He decides to worship it as his God.He became so obsessed with the sun as his God.He made a law that The Sun would be the God that every one in Egypt worship.This story shows the consequences of his actions. If you like read about ancient Egyptian history
Megan
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellently written book that keeps you on your toes waiting to discover what happens next! This historical fiction piece connects you to the characters and makes you want to keep turning the page! Not wanting Book I to end, I eagerly await Book II in The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles and more novels from this author.
Tiffany
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Interesting world brought to life!

I tend to think of ancient rulers and their people in one-dimensional ways. This self-published book really brought to life some historical events and people that i previously knew nothing about!
Logan Simmons
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book

I loved this book from start to finish. It kept me engaged with every page flip. The author put in a lot of detail so your mind is filled with images while reading. Loved it.
Patty Redman
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good read

This book is very easy to read. It held my attention the whole time. Please consider reading. I was very satisfied
Patricia Jones
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book. Very interesting take on Nefertiti. I will enjoy reading the next one.
Dan
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was ok
As much as I respect the amount of research that went into this novel, it absolutely doesn't do justice to any of the historical figures. As one of the most famous pharaohs of all time, portraying Akhenaten as a raving mad lunatic is ridiculous. I agree that he probably had confidence issues, especially given the fact that he wasn't meant to rule in the first place, but he still grew up in a royal household, so he still would have been conditioned to rule to some extent. Alas, instead of a polit ...more
Susan Lee
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The author developed the characters very well and allowed you to connect with them, so you identify their thoughts and emotions. The book grabs your attention from the beginning and is very hard to put down. The plot was well thought out and was very engaging. It was an excellent read and moved quickly. I was very disappointed when I turned the last page and the book came to an end. I am eagerly awaiting the sequel.

Even though Egyptian history has been lost concerning Queen Nefertiti, Ms. Merew
Sylvia Lee
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am overwhelmed and intrigued by this author's ingenious and imaginative writing. I am not
usually a book reader, but, this book has held my attention and interest. My husband and I visited
Egypt and experienced a lot of it firsthand including seeing artifacts and etc., so this book gives me more insight concerning the rare small profile statue of Nefertiti's existence. If you like Egyptian history, then you will love this book! I recommend it highly!
Meli
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very enjoyable reads...

I have read all but the final book in The Lost Pharaoh Chronicles and I must say I have been thoroughly entertained. #1 on my 'Bucket List' is to visit Egypt. There is a mystery about Egypt and all it's myths and legends; and this series of books has made my desire to visit Egypt even greater.
Lauren Lee, I have every intent to read each and every one of your books. Thank you for keeping us entertained.
Kathleen Coussens-Flores
Pamela Jo
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Riveting historical fiction brings Akhenaten and Nefertiti to life

Fascinating telling of the beginning of the love story between Amenhotep IV (soon to become Akhenaten) and Nefertiti. Very well-written and researched tale. I can't wait for more from this author!
susan
Lorraine Hansen
Nov 29, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Daughter of the Gods: A Novel of Ancient Egypt
  • Queen of Egypt (The Amarna Age, #1)
  • The Forgotten Pharaoh
  • Heir of Ra (Blood of Ra #1)
  • Valley of the Kings: The 18th Dynasty
  • In the Court of Kemet (Ancient Egyptian Romances #1)
  • House of Scorpion (Tales of Predynastic Egypt #4)
  • Daughter of Maat
  • The Caravanserai Bride (Ancient Egyptian Romances, #4a)
  • The Heretic Queen
  • Son of the Hittites (The Amarna Age, #2)
  • Last Secret Chamber (Joey Peruggia #2)
  • Daughter of Ra (Blood of Ra Book Two)
  • Beauty of Re (Tales of Ancient Egypt #1)
  • Daughter of the Falcon God (Tales of Predynastic Egypt #1)
  • The Potter (Tales of Predynastic Egypt #2)
  • Muraco (Crow Nation Book 2)
  • Qa'a (The First Dynasty Book 3)
Lauren Lee Merewether is a historical fiction author and loves to learn about other worlds and civilizations. Bringing the world stories forgotten by time, Lauren lives to breathe new life into lost people as characters who fight wrong with right, love and lose, and hope in times of despair.

She graduated from Texas A&M University and now resides with her husband, Mark, in Texas.

For more informati