Start by marking “Love Rewritten” as Want to Read:
Love Rewritten

Love Rewritten

Abby Scofield's love life has been all sorts of wrong.

So when lacrosse star, Brandon Kessler, comes along with his all-American good looks, easy disposition and magnetic charm, things seem to be looking up. Even if they come from two totally different worlds.

Published (first published June 12th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Love Rewritten, please sign up.
J. Saman I am soooooo sorry!!! I didn't see this question until now. I would be happy to send you a copy if you're still interested. You can PM me your email…moreI am soooooo sorry!!! I didn't see this question until now. I would be happy to send you a copy if you're still interested. You can PM me your email address and what format you'd like it in or you can email me directly at jsamanbooks@gmail.com. Again, I'm sorry for the very late response! Cheers!(less)

Dianne
Her twin brother always told her to stay away from Xander, he was off limits. (As if Abby could even approach her brother’s best friend without getting her head bitten off), but still, as rude and arrogant as Xander could be, he was gorgeous and she had had a crush on him for as long as she could remember. Besides, it wasn’t as if Abby couldn’t find her own boyfriends, just-like-that. The problem was that they would get too serious and she would have to let them go, because they deserved more th ...more
✶Rachelle✶
3 stars

Big thanks to Ms. Saman for an ARC in return for my honest review

So as of this reading, it has been a while since I read a contemporary NA romance. I've found that I really like the NA genre, as it fits my place in life better than YA (yes I'm old lol). I also like that NA tends to be a bit grittier than YA...it's a nice change up. With all that said, I was really looking forward to reading this book. I enjoyed the overall story, but I felt that there were some parts that could have rea/>Big
Coco.V
Jun 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (6/22/2018)!💝

Blurb:
Abby Scofield's love life has been all sorts of wrong.

Xander Novak is the gorgeous, volatile and often times mean best friend of Abby's twin brother, Aubrey. Her relationship with him is strained at best. But when Xander moves in unex
Karin
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars ✨✨✨

The only reason this wasn't a 5 star read for me is I would of loved Xander's POV too but, other then that this book was extremely good and flowed beautifully. Nothing was rushed and you were able to pick up on all the different emotions of the characters. But my favorite part of this book wasn't Abby and her love interest, it was Abby and her brother. I loved the twin dynamic even though
I wanted to throat punch him a few times for going overboard in how he speaks
Nikki Landis
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This has to be one of the best and most addictive contemporary new adult romance novels I have ever read. The chemistry between Abby and Xander is off the charts but it's the delicious and sexy build up of their relationship and complicated past that makes this an excellent read. Heartbreaking at times, downright brutal and antagonistic, there's so much more than first glance with this novel.

From the beginning there's just something about Abby that strikes a cord of familiarity and angst. She's an endea
Tpagirl
Love Rewritten by J Saman is a standalone and the first book I've read by Saman. I received a complimentary copy for an honest review.

I loved this story but I'm not sure how to write the review without giving away spoilers, so I'll be brief and somewhat vague.

The storyline and characters were well developed, intriguing, suspenseful, entertaining, and thoroughly enjoyable. I was captivated from start to finish.

It was told in a single POV, Abby Scofield's. Abby
Cecily Wolfe
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is a lot to love about this story - the romance, the characters, the way the author takes a sometimes overused trope and makes it compelling and new. Well-paced to keep readers engaged, this one was hard to put down. This would definitely appeal to fans of Jamie McGuire's Beautiful series (and as many of you know, her main female character is an Abby as well). The author really has a handle on this age group of characters, and how they are just figuring out how seriously their actions affe ...more
Ginny Deffendall
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I've recently found I have a "thing" for stories about girls and their brothers' best friends. Probably because I had crushes on every single one of my brother's friends! *sighs at the memories*

This fits squarely in that trope but offers some new perspectives. I read the author's note at the end that she reworked this story because she didn't like Xander originally. Well done because I adored him. She sneaks in little peaks into his personality (His name is Xander? And his car
Keep Calm Novel On
The Goodreads group Read It & Reap provided a copy of the epub in exchange for an honest review.

Abby Scofield is a college student determined to be her authentic self. She and her twin brother share an apartment. Everything changes when her brother’s best friend Xander moves in with them. Abby and Xander must find a way to live together peacefully. The tension between the two characters is undeniable. Abby begins dating the lacrosse team star and this further adds to the tension.
S.Shade
I received a copy of this book for an honest review.

So I definitely loved the whole brothers best friend, enemies to lovers trope this book provided! It also had quite a unique way of interpreting a love triangle in the mix.

Abby was a junior in collage, majoring in English and biology. She was still trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life and was confused about what she would be doing after college. Her and her twin brother Aubrey shared an apartment. I have to say
Paula White
3.5*

Thanks to NABC for providing a copy for an honest review.

As soon as I picked this up I was hooked, I wanted to know what happened - why was Xander being so off? What happened the night Abby referred to as 'that night'. I really enjoyed Abby's up front character, it took her a while but she did eventually ask Xander what his problem was - rather than back and forth unnecessarily.

Couldn't stand Brandon and something smelt off a mile away - still would have l
Sue
I just finished Love Rewritten. OMG another awesome book by J. Saman. I love this book. I liked the character interaction, the story and the plot twists. There's lots of romance, suspense and a terrific ending. I loved Abby and Xander. I enjoyed reading Abby's opinions about the guys. I am really enjoying all of the books this author has written. I wish I could give it 10 stars but I will settle for the max allowed of 5.
Teresa Trahan
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've read from this author and I must say I really enjoyed this book. Very well written with the fact I didn't like Brandon from the start but loved the storyline. Xander and Abby were perfect together and loved the chemistry. Great work. I received an ARC of this book to review.
Romance Rehab
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full review posted on the blog: http://www.romancerehab.com/

I approach new adult romance very carefully. Like, VERY carefully. I read the blurbs, I read a sample, I check out the covers...I don’t make the decision to read a new-to-me author of new adult romance lightly. There are just too many high-angst, low-substance offerings out there in the new adult world to go off half-cocked, one-clicking with reckless abandon. But I did my due diligence with this one and wasn’t disappointed.

I’ll be totally honest,
I Dont Get Sundays
Honestly I am not a huge fan of just one point of view but J. Samson nails this. She doesn't try to put her words in the mouth of these broody guys that we meet. She does however give us front row seat for what is going on in Abby's mind. Also I would honestly say don't start this book in the middle of the night, lesson learned. I began at 1 am thinking I would read for a while to put myself back to sleep, next thing I knew it was 5 am and I was finished this book.

Wow, J. Samson puts us through
Kimberly Garner
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a little love triangle of a book, yet it's not. Trust me when I say you will understand when you read this book. At first I wasn't too sure of which direction this book was going, and it threw me off a bit, but when my brain caught up, it was wonderful. This story centers around a host of characters all richly developed in a well thought out story.
Abby and Xander and two ships sailing in the night, and miss their chance of being together. Xander being around Abby all the time as he is best friends
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is my first book by J Saman and boy! What a book. I loved the twists and uncommunicated, mixed up emotions. The story just flowed along smoothly. I felt a part of their lives. I couldn't put this book down, it was very addictive.

I love their relationship between Abby and Aubrey. They have the 'twin thing' and can communicate with just a look. Xander, Aubrey's best friend, is a complicated creature; so hot and cold…does he love or hate Abby? It's difficult to tell. Men are so har
Kim
3 and 1/2 stars. A solid read that featured a sometimes-hilariously-sarcastic, level-headed h, and a sometimes-cruel, bruised-hearted H. I appreciate that the author set up moments that could have blown up into Drama, but had been diffused and approached with maturity or logic. I also liked the authors ability to flesh out a world that felt real. Every character had a hint (or more) of their own backstory- a part of their lives that we don't get to see. There were also little nuanced movements and ac ...more
Amymargarita
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my, where do I start? This is my first book by J. Saman and wow!! I am totally in love with Abby and Xander's love story! It's sassy, witty, charming and sexy (without overly detailed sex scenes). It's real, raw and down right good! Every so often you read a book, that's not only refreshing but the story resonates with you...that was this book for me.

It has some amazing characters that you will love and hate; you are so engrossed in the story, that these emotions and characters only adds tha
Claire D
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story for several reasons:

The main character, Abby, is very likeable. She's fiery, independent and yet she's also delicate and vulnerable. She's down to earth, real and totally unaware of her own beauty and it's affect on men.

Xander's moods and sideways glances are very sexy and intriguing. You could cut the tension between the two characters with a knife.

Roll in Brandon, the sexy jock. I wasn't sure if I liked him or not but I think that's the point.

J. Saman w
Jade Leigh

More like 3.5 "bunch of hypocritical liars" stars ~ Really a pretty good book. I just aggravated at the way some things were handled by the people closest to h. It happens.
Rett Tyler
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm just going to dive right in and say I loved this book, had me hooked from the start. The reason? There was one person in it I couldn't get enough of - Xander. He was divine. I absolutely loved him, even when I was hating him I loved him. The emotional torture he put Abby through was at times so ruthless and cruel that I would actually physically cringe whilst reading. Example:
“I don’t see what the big deal is, Aubrey. I don’t think she looks pretty,” he emphasizes the word, “like this, so I
Lynn Reynolds
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Abigail “Abby” Scofield lets the reader know exactly what she’s feeling – as if we are her friend and she’s talking right to the reader. Brandon Kessler is the self-assured jock but he slowly reveals other parts of his personality. Xander Novak is the pain in the neck friend of Abby’s brother. I found it interesting how Abby’s brother Aubrey seems to have the “Do as I say, not as I do” mentality.

There was a time when I saw how confused Abby was and how I
Antoinette Turner
J. Saman gives us a slow burn in her book Love Rewritten. Abby is a college girl torn between two majors and trying to figure out her best life choices when the local star lacrosse jock, Brandon, comes on the scene. The picture perfect guy makes all the right moves and seemingly sweeps her off her feet. At the same time Abby butts heads with Xander, her twin brothers best friend and what I would term her frenemy - a guy who one minute blows hot and the next stone cold. Since Abby has never denie ...more
Meghan
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Rewritten by J. Saman is a standalone novel and follows Abby's journey through forcing a relationship with the wrong person only to turn around and realize that love was right in front of her all along.

When Abby started college with her twin brother Aubrey, they both met and became instant friends with Xander. Abby and Xander formed a strong bond with one another until one day Xander all the sudden started giving Abby the cold shoulder without any explanation. Fast forward two y
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
This is my first book that I have read by J. Saman and i will say how much i enjoyed it. Her style of writing totally drew me in, and her storyline kept m there. This is really a story of miscommunication and mixed emotions.

The characters are extremely likeable and, to me, ver realistic. Abby and Aubrey are twins attending college. They are extremely close and constantly help each other out of difficult situations. Xander is Aubrey's best buddy, a guy who constantly puts Abby down, u
Cryss
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Judith
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Abby has always been in love with her brother's best friend Xander, even though he treats her horribly. As a hockey fan, I agree with several other commenters who stated that the book was inaccurate in scoring. It is very difficult to win a game by 7 points. I also didn't swoon for Xander. He was a jerk to Abby so i couldn't understand why she was stuck on him. The whole, "I'm mean to you because i like you" thing is kind of ridiculous... even for kids. I did start enjoying the story a little mo ...more
Erica
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new twist on the stay away from your best friends sister.
Abby and Xander never got along. Always at each others throats, ripping each other a new one made his moving into their shared apartment a bit tense.
They came to an agreement to be cordial and it seemed to work until something changed.
Suddenly the two are closer, Xander is helping her, he's a different person than she thought.
When the truth about some horrific events that took place come to light it could cost Abb
Wendy Livingstone
Abby is a strong, independent character, who loves her twin Aubrey unconditionally, and all she wants is love. Xander is Aubrey’s bff, and due to his past is really mean and vindictive to Abby. When infamous Brandon asks her out, she is hoping this will put her feeling in perspective. The moral of this story is that sometimes we do not see what is right in front of us!!
The story is packed with action, humour, banter, emotions, and is a rollercoaster journey. This author has done a great jo
« previous 1 3 next »

• Beg Me
  • My Brother, My Rival (My Brother, My Rival, #1)
  • Hot Water (Elements of Love, #1)
  • Red Letters
  • Finally...One Summer (Just one of the Guys #2)
  • The women of Eden (Eden #4)
  • Wild Chase (Vengeful Honor, #1)
  • The Billionaire's Runaway Bride
  • Beautiful Trash (Scarlet Briar Series #1)
  • Knight of Seduction
  • Not at First (Not at First, #1)
  • The Kanellis Scandal
  • The Billionaire's Desire 2: Dubai Confidental
  • Deceitfully Yours
  • Covet (Forbidden Series #2)
  • The Bitter End (Golden Crown, #1)
  • Landslide
  • Devour Me (Master Chefs, #1)
J. Saman is a USA Today bestselling author who loves all types of novels, but finds herself always going back to writing/reading romances. She's addicted to Diet Coke and sour candy, and swears way too much. She's an admitted lover of second chance romances, love triangles and the perfect amount of angst. She writes smart, strong women and sexy alpha (slightly nerdy) men who have a softer side.

To