Start by marking “One of Life's Great Mysteries (The Newearth Trilogy Book 2)” as Want to Read:
One of Life's Great Mysteries (The Newearth Trilogy Book 2)

One of Life's Great Mysteries (The Newearth Trilogy Book 2)

After narrowly surviving the battle in the skies above Newearth, Major Ivor Hooke reluctantly returns to London for a court martial hearing with the Duke of Wellington. Intent on putting his adventures among the stars behind him, a chance encounter sees quite the opposite happening.

From the filth-strewn slums of Victorian London to the great plains of colonial Mercury, Iv
Published May 11th 2018 by Atmos Press

To ask other readers questions about One of Life's Great Mysteries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One of Life's Great Mysteries

Edwhite
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very fulfilling and atmospheric second part to the trilogy.

We get detail here about the cause of the Hooke’s curious dreams. In fact, more detail in general. Less romping, more studied locations and more character background. All leading to more questions.

Great story, mild comedy, satire and sentiment. Massively enjoyable.

Looking forward to part three.
Faith Jones
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having read A Curiosity of the Solar System (an alternative history novel of Victorian galactic steampunk outrage), an energetic and imaginative piece that transcended balderdash, this title was a natural progression.

I think it would be best to speak of One of Life’s Great Mysteries in the context that it is the middle book of a trilogy and, although its predecessor can be read as a stand-alone novel, this one represents further development of the existing state of the Solar System. It also lays
Mandy Parmenter
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Major Ivor Hooke survived a battle in the skies above Newearth and has now returned to London for his court martial with the Duke of Wellington. However after a chance meeting he ends up travelling from the slums of Victorian London to plains on colonial Mercury. As part of his travels he will start to unravel a great conspiracy across the Solar System where he will find it hard to distinguish between friends and enemies as the roles change in a fluid manner between the two roles.

I really enjoye
Ian Antony
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Mr T
Oct 25, 2018
My name is Ian and I write highly anachronistic books about the age of Victorian space exploration. They’re not entirely serious, often make little scientific sense, but they do keep my readers turning the page and occasionally strike an emotional chord or two.

My Influences span a wide range of nerdicana: Sharpe, Hornblower, The Fighting Fantasy novels, Dune, Star Wars, Marvel and DC comics, Dumas