Start by marking “Forest Girl” as Want to Read:
Forest Girl

Forest Girl

it was amazing 5.0  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Esi Afriyie has been in love with Michael Yaw Badu since childhood. When he receives a scholarship to study in America, all hope seems lost ... until he returns to Ghana ten years later. An arranged marriage contracted by their families makes her dreams come true, but does the reality of being Mrs. Michael Badu live up to the fantasy?

Michael may have married Esi, but he is
Published June 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Forest Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forest Girl

Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Michael Yaw Badu has an arranged marriage waiting for him when he is done with his education. When he comes back to his village from his time in America, he learns that he will be marrying Esi Afriyie. Unbeknownst to Michael, Esi has been in love with him since childhood. Michael is in love with another woman, the enchanting Forest Girl that captured his heart after a brief encounter in the forest. Will he let Esi go so he can find his Forest Girl?

This story is magical. Not because
Felicia
Michael Badu was an ass.

Whew! Okay, had to get that out… I’m better now.

The premise of what would happen if a modern man was forced to accept an arranged marriage got my attention quickly. While I’m not from a culture or have a family tradition of such things, I’ve always felt sorry for the perspective wives because they had little… or NO say in whom they were to marry. So, let’s put the shoe on the other foot! HA!

I felt bad for Michael in the beginning. Away for ten years getting an education a
Nana Prah
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Esi is one of the sweetest characters that I’ve encountered in a long time. An educated woman from the village who knows how to handle herself and make the most of any situation she’s placed into. A strong woman who held a long time unrequited love for a man she would end up marrying. Once she married Michael her strength grew and I appreciated her character even more for having to endure what she did while still keeping the faith that everything would work out (even though I had my doubts).

Whil
Celestine Nudanu
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Forest Girl is Empi Baryeh’s third romance book to be set in Ghana, and it can only get better and better. Empi knows her characters well, perhaps because she is from Ghana herself and she knows our lore and tradition, which are generously woven into the beautiful story that is Michael and Esi’s arranged marriage. I mean which man would agree to an arranged marriage even in a traditional setting? And a modern, US educated man at that. And yet Michael yields to pressure from the ghost of his fath ...more
Sharonda
Aminah
Aug 04, 2018
Marie Amissah
Sep 13, 2018
Empi Baryeh is the award-winning author of Most Eligible Bachelor (Book of the year - 2017 Ufere Awards). She writes sweet and sensual African, multicultural and interracial romance, which happens to be her favourite genres of romance to read. Her interest in writing started around the age of thirteen after she stumbled upon a YA story her sister had started and abandoned. The story fascinated her ...more