Start by marking “Blood and Secrets 2 (The Calvetti Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood and Secrets 2 (The Calvetti Family, #2)

Blood and Secrets 2

(The Calvetti Family #2)

I once was lost, but now I’m found.

The name's Carina Ricci and Mateo belongs to me.
He thinks he’s the leader, but he’s blind to what I see.
He’s just a pawn in this sick and twisted game.
As of right now, things are still tame.

I was promised to him since birth,
But what he doesn’t know is this …
I’m crazy.
The level of crazy everyone fears and my sights are set on him

Published July 9th 2018 by Rose Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Blood and Secrets 2, please sign up.
Rose Harper August 21, 2018. :) The releases will be 6 weeks, to the day, apart. I will be setting up the preorder tonight for book 3. Be looking out for it.
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensArsen by Mia AsherCome Undone by Jessica HawkinsThe Mighty Storm by Samantha TowleThe Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher
Cheaters
465 books — 878 voters
Untouchable by Sam MarianoBorn to be Bound by Addison CainQuarantined by Drethi AnisLucca by Sarah BriannePennies by Pepper Winters
Dark/triggers
106 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Blood and Secrets 2 (The Calvetti Family, #2)
Jade Violet
Having read the second book now I can definitively say this is either a series you're going to love or going to hate. Lucky for me, I happen to love it.

This one starts with Carina coming out of her confused mental state and finally remembering who and what she is. Mateo is also finally informed of who she is and that's something that turns his world upside down. We get more glimpses into her childhood, the defining point that solidified her as a killer, and a whole lot of broken and psycho. Mat
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

If you have not read the first Blood & Secrets book then stop reading this review and read that book first because you will be lost if you don’t. These are fairly quick novellas so you can quickly read the first book then jump into Blood & Secrets 2. I am keeping this review fairly short because holy spoilers batman I don’t want to give anything away.

Let me just say if you think that Carina and Mateo were intense
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
Rose Harper earned herself a new fan with the first Blood and Secrets and I am definitely a loyal reader even more after getting the second book in this series. If you haven't read the first don't even attempt to read this book. You really need to read them in order to fully enjoy the story and to know what is going on. I can assure you it will be worth it. I am absolutely in love with this series and I am dying to get the third in this series.

Rose did such a great job giving us an intense read
Che Flaviano
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just WOW

I got a bit confused at first, this is supposed to be the second book and the continuation of the 1st. I stopped and read the 1st book before continuing and giving my review, otherwise I might have given a wrong rating. I have to say this is another cliffhanger like the first, so I would really wait for the next one in order enjoy the story fully.
The first one got me on edge, and this one as well. The twist and turns in the story got my attention, not just this book but from the very fi
Demetra | Demi Reads
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, arcs
After that revelation at the end of book 1, I just couldn't wait for this one! I was so excited when it was delivered at my kindle and I dived into it immediately!

At the start of the book we get to see some of Carina's childhood, who was her first kill and how that affected her. That moment was the catalyst for the person she became. Mateo is in the middle of too much open affairs while trying to tame Carina. What he doesn't understand is that they are both fighting for dominance. Mateo and Cari
Reckless Readers
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
First off you notice this book is way to short. Seriously I've been waiting for months to know what happens to these characters. However this is something that can be over looked. The ridiculous storyline is not.
The first novel of the series leaves you gasping so I assume this one would be top notch too. It's far from it. It lacked depth characters and was missing holes in the plot. It was kinda of hard to read.
The most disappointing part though is the cliffhanger at the end. It made absolute
 Tania
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Blood & Secrets 2 is the 2nd installment in the series. This is not a standalone, reading Blood & Secrets 1 is a must before proceeding.

HOLY FREAKING SHITE that cliffhanger at the end!! Damn I didn't see that coming.
I have soooo many questions now that need to be answered, and I'm sure they will be in the next book.
So this book picks up right were we left off in the first book. Carina in this book is kickass and fearless, she doesn't cower down for anyone or anything, and that includes Mateo.
T
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure what to expect after the first ended, I just knew I had to get my hands on book two and find out! We see more of Carina's childhood in this one, and it isn't so shocking after what was revealed the first time, but still brace yourself. The real Carina meets Mateo this time and she isn't happy with the way she was treated. I expected a bit more bloodshed than I got with her, but she seems to be in the process of melding together real Carina with emotional Carina. Mateo is his same a ...more
Zafi  Reads
Jul 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
As much as i'm a big fan of dark romance,this book completely disappointed me.The hero was a complete jerk to the heroine and treated like her a doormat in both books.The side character Dom was a far better choice for the heroine instead of the hero.There are also some cringing scenes which was a BIG turn off for me.Just NO.
Lisa
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg ahhhh

I can't believe you left me hanging on the ending like that!!!! Lucky I'm so in love with the books hahaha I read in a hour because i could not put it down. I don't like how short they are but it makes the wait worth it when you start on the next book. Keep this series going as long as possible please.
Enticed by Romance
My Readultery Life Review

When I first started reading this series, I was kinda expecting me be taken on a rollercoaster, but nothing has prepared me for the twist and turns that this author is sending our way. Just the cliff-hangers alone are leaving me breathless and wanting more from each book.

To get the full story, you must start at the beginning of this series, Blood & Secrets 1. Just be prepared for a ride that you won’t forget. Each book is a novella, so it shouldn’t take you too long to c
Barbara
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG Could this series keep getting any better or what. HOLY COW. The Twist, the Turns, the Suspense, the Romance and the down right Thrill of it all is amazing. If you haven’t started this series, I recommend you do so ASAP. The author will take you on a ride you won’t soon forget. The words will fly off the page as you turn them one after another to see what’s going to happen next.

Blood and Secrets is about the children of two families. Mateo is the eldest and in line to run the Calvetti Crime
Sue's Romance Reviews
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I. Am. Gobsmacked! GAH! I want to simultaneously kill and kiss this author for giving us another cliff-hanger to end all cliff-hangers!

This book is exciting, gritty and dangerously sexy. It is the second book in a series that must be read in order. It is told in dual POV and is extremely fast paced. So fast in fact that the words flew by and now I’m looking at my kindle wondering WTH just happened.

We begin where the first instalment left off. Carina’s secret is out of the bag and Mateo is still
Lynn Reynolds
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
This book carries on from where book one left off. It’s a good reason to read this series/serial in order.

Mateo “Teo” Calvetti is very upset about how he was manipulated. He’s still self-assured and runs things with an iron fist. Carina Ricci starts us off with some disturbing memories. But she was strong enough to let someone into her life that she could learn to love. I certainly can’t even begin to imagine what she’s been through but our author shows us some in graphic detail. But I loved her
Brittany Alexander
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I have mixed feelings about this book. While I really enjoy the story, I feel like the writing leaves a lot to be desired.

There were many points where I became confused as to what was going on and who was speaking. It might also have something to do that I hardly remembered anything that happened in book one. It would have been helpful if she maybe had put in a few small things that would jog the memory regarding events that happened in book one.

I also feel like the writing is kind of stagnant
Sassy Southern
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series and book 1 needs to be read first.
Carina Ricci is not the woman everyone thought she was and now Mateo Calvetti must decide how he is going to deal with what was revealed in the first book.
Will Carina complete her mission or will she protect Mateo from what could be coming?
This series is getting so intense and I have no idea when the next book is coming!
Misty Schott
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carina wakes up in a home she doesn't recognize and finds Mateo watching over her. This book answers some of the questions you may have had at the end of the last book. Carina doesn't remember what she is to Mateo and Mateo is cold and cruel when he deals with her. When Carina remembers what she is capable of she gets a leg up in the game her and Mateo have been playing. There are many secrets, lies and twists in this book you won't be able to out it down. It ends on one mother of a cliffhanger ...more
Lucinda
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! This book still has my head spinning!! It is almost impossible to review without spoiling it for others. I can confirm that this book has moved at a tremendous pace and keeping you on the edge of your seat!! Without spoiling it for others I can give a few choice words that other readers might understand as soon as you read the book:
WTF?! - Seriously?! We know from book one that she started killing at 10, but really?! Who does that to a child?!
Finally!! - Drool, swoon...!!
I did not see that
Emily
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Following the events of Blood & Secrets 1, Catrina remembers who she is now as well as a shocker of what her purpose is with Mateo and finds out who she truly is.. The Reap. Instead of a man who he was expected, it’s a girl, a girl who is to be his wife and when realising this Mateo decides he really now isn’t going to let her go now. We get to learn a bit more of Mateo’s family and his relationships to his brothers and father as well as Catrina’s backstory of how she came to be The Reap as well ...more
Rebecca Austin
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-sassy

I loved Carina and gained ever more respect for her after what was revealed in the last book! She is completely kick butt and I hope Camille starts treating her better or even better leaves the house soon! My heart broke again when we discover what Carina went through in her past and I felt so sorry for her!

I am super curious to see what Mateo does as in this book we saw strength when dealing with Carina but anoth
Debbie Caswell
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant edition to this wonderful series but these cliffhangers to end all cliffhangers are going to be he death of me if these keeps on for the next couple of books I will have no hair left

If you thought book one was intense you have no idea in this book Carina finally lets go Matteo is still an A class A...hole and his father is still keeping secrets and then you get that ending where did that come from

A wonderful short story that had me turning the pages as fast as I could can't wai
Kathy L.
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is simply amazing! The whole series is amazing. That cliffhanger though! Did NOT see that one coming, though I thought there would be a connection there somehow. I am not spoiling this for anyone. It is that good that I prefer you actually take the time to read. Now I am dying for the next one. I was all for Dom in the last book, but I think I am all Mateo in this one. Vinny though tore at me. Such a good vivid story and amazing characters. A must read for sure.

I received a free copy o
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Blood & Secrets 2 by Rose Harper is the second book in The Calvetti Family secrets. This continues the story of Carina and Mateo. I do feel strongly that you need to read the previous book 'Blood and Secrets 1' first. This book picks up right where the other left off. We see Carina and Mateo both unfolding from with has been going on. To me Mateo is still being somewhat of a harden person but this is a Dark Mafia type romance so both actions from them are expected.
Overall this was a quick read
Xaveria Willliams
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not sure what I just read

Great series but the cliffhangers are not making me happy and the fact that as soon as you invest in the story it’s over will make me not read the next couple of books. Add what the author has already said about what she sees for the ending I’m not sure I will continue. I see a great story and even though the characters are flawed a happy ending at the end would be a great payoff but I’m not sure that is what will happen. So I may sit the next couple of releases out
Late Night Reviews
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The cliff hangers on these books...DUDE!!! I can't even tell you anything about this book because it will spoil all the things for you. What I can say is this book is just as good as the first, if not better, and I need the next one like yesterday. This one was a quick read and I obviously could not put it down.

Carina and Mateo are so intense, I loved every second of it. This books took me on an emotional rollercoaster, I highly recommend it. If you're the type of person who needs that full stor
Deb
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a sequel to book one of the same title. It ended in a cliffhanger and this one takes off right where the other one left off. It is an intense and immensely engaging read with suspense and rampant fun. The characters are well written and the author has made them so interesting, they leap off the page. I liked that this wasn't such a short story like most even though it is less than a common novel. And even though it once again ends in a cliffhanger, the story captured my imagination a ...more
Debbie
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first book got a range of feedback even with some readers not wanting to carry on with the series (not me lol 😉) A real pity because book 2!!!! Completely takes it up a notch! Not going to spoil it for anyone but just have to say The ending WTF!!!! I cannot wait for the next book and will be checking my email constantly or it’s availability 😁
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: krysten
Omgg!!! I'm absolutely in love with this series.  Carina remembers who she is and now that her memorys back her days of submitting Mateo are over.  I freaking love this book watching her and Mateo battle it out this book has everything and the ending holy hells balls who writes an ending like that Rose Harper that who. She is truly brilliant and an amazing author. I cant wait for the next book.  Seriously though these books are by far the best books I've read all year.
CS
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, what a cliffhanger!

This super fast paced installment covers a lot of history between Mateo and Carina.

When Carina finally sees Mateo as hers to protect, things get interesting. Love her strength and skills as she shows her independence in the way she’s overcome her disfunctional and abusive past.

I hate cliffys, but I really want to know what happens next in this graphic, violent and sexy read!

Nancy
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rose you are really making we want to hug and kiss you as well as kill you as the books are great but the cliffhangers are killing me. I love the exciting grittiness of these books as well the dangerous sexiness. This second book is just as good if not better than the first book and I so can’t wait for the next installment. I really hope it comes out asap

« previous 1 3 next »

• Scarred Queen (The Queens #1)
  • Matteo: A Dark Mafia Hate Story
  • Submitting in Vegas (Vegas Morellis, #3)
  • Alejandro's Prey (The Queens #1.5)
  • Ace of Spades (Old Money Roulette #3)
  • King of Hearts (Old Money Roulette #2)
  • Ven (The V Games, #2)
  • The Mafia And His Obsession: Part 1 (Tainted Hearts #4)
  • Beautiful Criminal (Omertà Law, #1)
  • Queen of Diamonds (Old Money Roulette #1)
  • Staying in Vegas (Vegas Morellis, #1)
  • Micaela's Big Bad
  • Diamond in the Rough (Diamond, #1)
  • Wings (Gilded Cage, #1)
  • Sinning in Vegas (Vegas Morellis, #2)
  • King of Diamonds (Vegas Underground, #1)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • Heartless Prince (Dark Dynasty #1)

The Calvetti Family (9 books)
  • Blood and Secrets 1 (The Calvetti Family, #)
  • Blood and Secrets 3 (The Calvetti Crime Family)
  • Blood and Secrets 4 (The Calvetti Crime Family)
  • Blood and Secrets 5 (The Calvetti Crime Family)
  • Scars and Silk 1 (The Calvetti Crime Family)
  • Scars and Silk 2 (The Calvetti Crime Family)
  • Scars and Silk 3 (The Calvetti Crime Family)
  • Scars and Silk 4 (The Calvetti Crime Family)