Start by marking “A Year of Finding Happiness” as Want to Read:
A Year of Finding Happiness

A Year of Finding Happiness

(Bridge Over the Atlantic #2)

"Heartwarming and uplifting... I was singing along from the very first page." HEIDI SWAIN.

Poignant, heart-warming and gorgeously romantic, this is a love-story with pure, unadulterated happiness at its heart. A Year of Finding Happiness shows you that the little things in life can make you smile, even when you think you might never laugh again…

Happiness doesn’t factor on t
Published July 1st 2018 by Aria (first published August 20th 2014)

Sam McCarthy
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to receive an advance beta copy of this book...the companion novel to Lisa's first book Bridge over the Atlantic.

I was really pleased that Lisa decided to write this, from Gregs pov. Greg is everyones favourite potty mouthed scotsman and he just HAD to tell his story.

It is a beautiful story too.... with heartaches, laughter, romance all thrown in.

The way he struggles with his feelings when Mallory first walks into that bar.... I think we have all been there st some point or
Adele
Shelves: 2014-read
I was supplied with an arc of this ebook from the publishers for an honest review.

Firstly, I must say I was so excited when I received this beta ebook I was giddy with anticipation, only true book fans would understand this emotion.
When Lisa announced on her fb page she was going to write a further book to coincide with Bridge over the Atlantic but in Greg's POV it created great excitement with her fans.

After finishing reading this beta book I wasn't disappointed. Greg's character is just bril
Your Favorite Book Corner Blog
Note: I was a beta reader for for this book and received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

When I started this book, I honestly thought how can you read a book that you have pretty much already read just from a different person's point of view? But, as I read, I began to understand. Bridge of Hope is told through Greg's thoughts and his point of view. Sometimes brash and never filtered, as that is how Greg is, the reader gets the "other side" that we didn't get in Bridge Over the Atlantic.
Lusie
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful story about grieving and the slow journey of finding happiness again. It's refreshing to have a male point of view for a romantic book. The characters are so realistic and showed character development. You can't help but like Greg even though is rough and grumpy. I really enjoyed this book and will certainly read more books by this author.

i received this book for free from NetGalley in return for a honest review.
Nessa
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Note to readers, before you read this book I highly recommend that you read A Seaside Escape first which is the companion novel to this one. In the story A Seaside Escape, you read all about Mallery's story and that is also where you first meet Greg.

This latest book A Year of Finding Happiness  is the same story in part but it is told from Greg's point of view and you also discover his history and the experiences/journeys that he went through.

This was lovely read with a whole mixture of emotion
Tasha Williams (Red's Midnight Readers)
::..Reviewed for Red's Midnight Readers..::

I received an advanced copy of A year of Finding Happiness via Net Galley and I have given it 5 stars.

I LOVE Greg!!! Each time I meet him, I fall a little but more in love with his character. He's far from perfect, he's a man with Demons in his past that threaten to derail his future if he doesn't face them head on and with the help of Mallory, he does just that! Slowly piecing his life back together and finding happiness in the least likely of places.
A
JoAnn
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Year of Finding Happiness is a very well written novel. I enjoyed the plot and the well developed characters. This author is new to me and I enjoyed her writing. I have not read the previous book and that didn’t cause any problems with following the story. I highly recommend this book
Paula Pugh
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely and touching story of a man’s journey back to wholeness from the lingering grief caused by his fiancé’s untimely death. Greg McBradden suffers from nightmares of the loss of his love, Mairi, who died while climbing K2 and is dragged back into the memory by continued contact by her father on updates of belongings that are found a year later.
Greg finds himself drawn to Mallory Westerman, a recent resident of his town, and is fighting deeply embedded feelings of being a traitor to
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review-Jo Rushton Book Gifted for Honest Review

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

Please do not read this review if you have not read "Bridge Over The Atlantic".

"Bridge Over The Atlantic" was such a beautiful, emotional read and definitely one that captured my heart. Now in "Bridge of Hope", not only did I get the chance to re-visit the story but it also gave me a chance to learn about Greg's life before Mallory came along.

I thorou
Erin
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
Thanks to NetGalley for a copy in exchange for my honest review.

While the book was kinda slow in the beginning, it was nice to have a male perspective in the usually female type of book.

I saw after I read it that this is Greg's perspective and there is a first book in Mallory's point of view, which I think might have been helpful to read prior.
Fiona Wilson
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
I loved the authors book Bridge over the Atlantic and couldn't wait to read the story from Greg's point of view. I wasn't disappointed!

I thought I knew Greg from the first book, but boy was I wrong. His sense of humour is brilliant in this book, he is laugh out funny much of it! The way he berates himself for saying things which upset Mallory is just so well done.

This book didn't affect me emotionally as much as BOTA did but in a way it was nice to read it without crying.

Lisa's writing is just
Kim
Oct 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, kindle, 2014
This is a companion novel to Bridge over the Atlantic and it is suggesting that you read the first one to get the full ‘experience’. It gives Greg’s point of view and was requested by her fans.

It’s an amusing book and makes you smile and laugh aloud in places.The characters are great- so well rounded and interesting.

Greg was in grieving and when he met Mallory he was really taken with her. He makes mistakes with his relationship- he’s not perfect! But you get to understand his heartbreak and why
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
This is Greg's story from Bridge Over The Atlantic. Although the story is the same, Greg's story is embellished by his past, we learn so much more about Greg in this book and makes you understand why he was a grumpy arse in the beginning. I loved seeing his POV and made me understand and love him all the more.

Another beautiful and poignant read from Lisa J Hobman. I have been on a bit of a Hobman marathon and have totally fallen in love with this authors voice. This is a book about loss, grief a
Lisa
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This book has a very special place in my heart. The reason? Because following one small blog post in which I wrote a scene in Greg's POV I had such an amazing response from readers asking for more. So this book is dedicated to those people and written at their request <3
Joan
DNF at 50%

Enough with the fecking music! I can’t take any more! FFS, Gregory, stop wallowing in your misery and grow a pair.
Sally Coles
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Greg lives in the Scottish town of Clachan with his faithful lab Angus when Mallory arrives in his life. Greg is struggling, his girlfriend was lost and presumed dead in a climbing accident, without her body ever being found he has struggled to move on but in Mallory he finds a kindred spirit as she has also suffered loss....... can they help each other move on and find happiness again?

A good story and although I found Greg a bit hard to relate to at first it was refreshing to have the story to
Kathleen Gray
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Greg and Mallory are both grieving and dealing with life after the death of their beloveds. Neither is looking for romance so when their friendship begins to grow into more.... I had not read the first book but I don't think that was a problem as this tale is told from Greg's point of view. He loved Mairi and didn't expect to find love again so soon. Both Greg and Mallory are nicely drawn and feel very real. Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. This is well written and a quick read and, best of all, ...more
Deborah Morgan
Don't let the cover fool you into thinking this is another happy romance. The main character, Greg, (an unusual twist for a love story) has just recently lost the love of his life as he meets Mallory who immediately loses the love of her life. A lot of crying, moaning, and soul searching goes on for Greg as he tries to move forward with his life.
Tara
Aug 26, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, arc
Okay, so I am an idiot! - At least I can admit it right?

Anyway…here’s why I am an idiot…today. I was looking on Net Galley, trying to find the next great read and saw the above blurb for Bridge of Hope and thought, well now that sounds interesting. I loved the cover of the guy playing guitar and said – okay let’s give this one a try. I completely and totally missed the little blue box off to the side that said “THIS IS A COMPANION NOVEL YOU IDIOT – DON’T REQUEST THIS IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THE BOOK
Jeannie Zelos
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bridge of Hope, Lisa J. Hobman
Review from jeannie zelos book reviews

This is a companion book to Bridge over the Atlantic which I've not read. That one seems to be written from Mallory's POV while this one is from Greg’s. I’ve read a few dual POV books, sometimes it works and sometimes it feels like I'm just reading the same story, and it loses impact. I really prefer getting them in one book, with alternating chapters but this one works as a separate book. I think because this one is so very “in
Kim Howlett
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I saw Bridge of Hope by Lisa J Hobman was being released I was very excited. I loved Lisa first book, Bridge over the Atlantic, and I'd heard that Lisa was releasing a companion novel from Greg's POV, I couldn't wait to read his story.
I'm not usually a fan of reading companion novels. It generally feels like your just reading the same book over again and it's pointless. But because I really enjoyed Bridge over the Atlantic and felt that there was more from Greg's character that we were sti
Two Ordinary
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Kim Howlett's review
4 of 5 stars

Kim
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
**I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review**

I have a confession. When I requested this book from NetGalley, I was completely new, no books approved, no feedback left yet. So I was requesting everything in sight. I didn't read the notice that stated this book is a companion to Bridge Over the Atlantic by the same author. So I was leary to read this at first, but after putting it off and putting it off, I figured I'd have a go of it, and see what happens.

I am so glad I did.

This boo
Louise husted
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was a beta reader for this book and give a arc to give a honest review.
Lisa has excelled again in writing Greg's point of view. I went on another emotional roller coaster ride with Greg and Mallory, I cried and laughed and cried again. Lisa certainly knows how to make me cry when it comes to Greg and Mallory.
My heart ached so much for Greg and Mallory in the dispair they both shared it was raw and powerful. I just wanted to jump into the book and hold the pair of them and never let go.
Greg nev
Stacey
Shelves: kindle
When I first heard that Lisa was writing a companion novel I wondered how it was going to not be pretty much the same as BOtA with regards to their meetings, conversations etc. Bridge of Hope takes it to a whole new level though as we really see deep inside of Greg. Whereas in BOtA I might have thought Greg was a bit of a, well, abrupt not-very-nice-person, I totally fell for him when hearing the story from his point of view, and maybe thought of Mallory as the version of Greg from BOtA. He is s ...more
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
This is a story told from Greg’s point of view from ‘Bridge over the Atlantic’. Greg is grieving as the woman he loved died. He is taking it one day at a time as he tries to heal from the loss of his woman. When he meets Mallory, he feels like the wind is knocked out of him as he develops feelings for Mallory. He tries to show her that he cares about, wants to be her friend and more, but he keeps making mistakes.

When his wife shows up, Greg begins to wonder if he and Mallory have a chance or if
Shona Reid
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bridge Over the Atlantic is one of my favourite books so when I found out Lisa was going to be writing Bridge of Hope I couldn't have been happier. More Greg what's not to love right? I wanted to savour Bridge of Hope, read it over a couple of days but once I started I could not stop. I thought I knew the whole story and it would be the same just in Greg's POV but I was wrong. It was new, fresh, just as heartbreaking and emotional as BOTA.

Greg is straight talking full of laughs and jokes. He has
Christine Mize
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can truly tell the mettle of a person when they walk through tragedy and come out the other side a stronger person. Greg suffers a horrible tragedy, when the love of his life Mairi is lost during a climbing accident on K2. Will he be able to open himself to love again?

Mallory also suffers a horrible tragedy with the love of her life is killed in a car accident on his way to her at their summer home. Her first impression of Greg is not favorable when she visits him at the pub he works as a ba
Christine
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what can I say about Bridge of Hope? I’ve taken my time to write this review as needed to gather my thoughts. Lisa’s first novel Bridge over the Atlantic is a truly fantastic book as the location it is set in holds a special place in my heart and I didn’t think she could match it with Bridge of Hope, the companion novel to Bridge over the Atlantic. Well let me tell you she matched it and went some more.

It is written from Greg’s POV and it’s like he sitting talking to you, telling you every
Magic Within the Pages
Reviewer: Donna
Rating: 5 Stars

I really love Bridge Over The Atlantic. I thought it was an beautiful romantic love story about two people finding happiness after they both suffer tragedies. It was based on Mallory's POV but i was so happy when Lisa J. Hobman came up with Bridge Of Hope. We get to read Greg's POV of Mallory and Greg's story. It was brilliant to read Greg's POV and i was shocked by some of his feelings he had when Mallory first moved in. I thought Greg was so rude to Mallory at tim
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bad Company (Company of Sinners MC #1)
  • The Darkness Within
  • A League of Her Own
  • Counting Shadows (Duplicity, #1)
  • Seeking Nirvana (Dark Evoke, #1)
  • Legasea
  • Wicked Needs (Wicked Bay, #5)
  • Concealed (Concealed, #1)
  • Bound (Bound Hearts Book 1)
  • Divinity
  • Cornish Crusaders MC (South Coast Brothers #2)
  • Girls & Monsters
  • The Girl on the Run (Vengeance #1)
  • After the End
  • Freed by Him (Fighting Free, #1)
  • Tortured (Tortured Soul, #1)
  • All That Sparkles (The Texan Quartet #2)
  • The Girl with Hearts (Midtown Brotherhood #1)
I'm a happily married mum with two energetic dogs and a thing for men with tattoos! In May 2012 I relocated from Yorkshire to my favourite place in the world, Scotland. The time since then has been a rollercoaster!

I love writing, singing and I'm very passionate about music. My tastes are quite eclectic.

My debut novel Bridge Over the Atlantic was shortlisted in the 2014 RoNA awards and I have writt

Bridge Over the Atlantic (3 books)
  • Bridge Over the Atlantic (Bridge Over the Atlantic #1)
  • Christmas Presence (Bridge Over the Atlantic #2.5)